Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! (2772 Views)

What Happens When You Keep Sinning And Never Want To Stop / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by KaluwisxPRO: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You have an idea of what you wish for yourself . But try putting your hand in fire for 5 seconds and see if you can endure it.

So you mean after you die, you go to hell and get burnt by fire? Because of what exactly?

If you truly believe you were created by the same person who put you in hell fire, then what was the purpose of your creation? For you to be in this world to do the will of someone else and if you do not he puts you in hell fire?

Sounds like a master and slave relationship to me.

2 Likes

Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2022
mariovito:

Nah mahn, not going down that warren anymore.

Okay..
Do you know you can live on earth forever?

You see, if the Roman Catholics which are obviously the mother of all churches didn't distort Bible truth and spoil pure worship, you wouldn't have been skeptical about religion when you were a kid.

Give it a try, come study the Bible with us. It's worth it. You'll see the difference.

For example, hell is not real, it was invented by Roman Catholics religion.
God is just one single person not a mystery trinity.
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 7:38am On Apr 15, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

So you mean after you die, you go to hell and get burnt by fire? Because of what exactly?

If you truly believe you were created by the same person who put you in hell fire, then what was the purpose of your creation? For you to be in this world to do the will of someone else and if you do not he puts you in hell fire?
Sounds like a master and slave relationship to me.

That's it. Religion portrays the true GOD as wicked. In contrast, God is love, he would never do that.

1 Like

Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by KaluwisxPRO: 7:38am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

That's it. Religion portrays the true GOD as wicked. In contrast, God is love, he would never do that.

My friend just keep quiet and say what you know
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 7:41am On Apr 15, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Sorry I'm the creator of this thread.
Peace bro!
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by KaluwisxPRO: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Sorry I'm the creator of this thread.
Peace bro!

and so what? this is a public forum wether you created a useless topic means nothing when your intention is to spread false information with no basis.

Raise the dead righteous indeed, in what earth? To do what? As dead spirits with what direction? To continue worshiping who for the rest of your life?
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2022
mariovito:
I've always been skeptical as a kid.

But actively denounced the white man religion in 2014.

As an Anglican kid, I was confused when I get to school and find my other mates who are also Christians wearing rosaries, scapula, chaplets and all but I didn't wear one or needed to one.

That was where the confusion started.

Baba it is not until you reach school that all this exist. Sometimes our eyes see what we want to see. Even before going to school had you taken your time to look well you would have seen the confusion and conflicts that exist within the system.

Men will always interpret the scripture to suit the religious organisation they set up in order for it to survive.
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

and so what? this is a public forum wether you created a useless topic means nothing when your intention is to spread false information with no basis.

Raise the dead righteous indeed, in what earth? To do what? As dead spirits with what direction? To continue worshiping who for the rest of your life?
Check my posts in the thread. I have said what I know already.
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2022
achorladey:

Baba it is not until you reach school that all this exist. Sometimes our eyes see what we want to see. Even before going to school had you taken your time to look well you would have seen the confusion and conflicts that exist within the system.

Men will always interpret the scripture to suit the religious organisation they set up in order for it to survive.
So what should we do ?
We can't just keep following the doctrines of men na?
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2022
mariovito:
Oh, no, I'm not JW.

And thanks for your offer, but I'll have to decline. I'm no longer religious. I'm nonbeliever at the moment.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

Baba person no need interpretation and books and commentaries to get the main point of all of the above
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

So what should we do ?
We can't just keep following the doctrines of men na?

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2022
achorladey:

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

How can we achieve that since the Bible clearly teaches that the church is the body of Christ and Christ is the head?

If religious organizations are teaching their own teachings, what is the pure doctrines of the apostles gangan?
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 10:10am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

How can we achieve that since the Bible clearly teaches that the church is the body of Christ and Christ is the head?

If religious organizations are teaching their own teachings, what is the pure doctrines of the apostles gangan?

I know you carry a Bible. Check the pure teaching of the apostle there. That is the reason why Paul wrote the account in Ephesians 4.

That was what the beroeans did. When Paul preached to them, they were examining the teachings of Paul using the Bible. They didn't la cram la pour it into their brains because it is APOSTLE PAUL that is talking, after all he was hand picked by Jesus Christ to become an apostle grin grin grin grin

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Since you know the HEAD is Jesus Christ, listen and follow what the head says. When other part of the body asked you to do something or teach something, examine and cross examine it with what the head says.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

It is not the religious organisation set up by men that is USEFUL or as it were INSPIRED for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
achorladey:

I know you carry a Bible. Check the pure teaching of the apostle there. That is the reason why Paul wrote the account in Ephesians 4.

That was what the beroeans did. When Paul preached to them, they were examining the teachings of Paul using the Bible. They didn't la cram la pour it into their brains because it is APOSTLE PAUL that is talking, after all he was hand picked by Jesus Christ to become an apostle grin grin grin grin

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Since you know the HEAD is Jesus Christ, listen and follow what the head says. When other part of the body asked you to do something or teach something, examine and cross examine it with what the head says.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

It is not the religious organisation set up by men that is USEFUL or as it were INSPIRED for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training grin grin grin grin

The Catholics also carry the Bible and even support their pagan doctrines with the Bible.

How can an individual know the truth?
Can an individual stand to be the body of Christ?

Like now the truth I personally see from the Bible about the person of God is that:
He's one single person and he's the Father Jehovah . Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5&6, John 17:3.

Is that not the truth about God?
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

The Catholics also carry the Bible and even support their pagan doctrines with the Bible.

How can an individual know the truth?

Like now the truth I personally see from the Bible about the person of God is that:
He's one single person and he's the Father Jehovah . Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5&6, John 17:3.

When you read, understand what you read and learn. Get to understand what the person you are discussing with is passing across. Now read this slowly and learn as I rephrase the above Post of yours

Apostle Paul also carry the scriptures and support his teachings using the scriptures

See what the beroeans did.....Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

As it applies to the religious organisation you belong

The Jehovah's witnesses also carry the Bible and even support their pagan doctrines with the Bible.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cornelboy, what are you expected to do? grin grin grin

How can an individual know the truth? Can an individual stand to be the body of Christ?

Who draw people to himself so that they know the truth? grin grin grin

One body many members or organs of the body. You understand this?

Like now the truth I personally see from the Bible about the person of God is that:He's one single person and he's the Father Jehovah . Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5&6, John 17:3.Is that not the truth about God?

Good for you. grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by cornelboy(f): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2022
achorladey:

When you read, understand what you read and learn. Get to understand what the person you are discussing with is passing across. Now read this slowly and learn as I rephrase the above Post of yours

Apostle Paul also carry the scriptures and support his teachings using the scriptures

See what the beroeans did.....Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

As it applies to the religious organisation you belong

The Jehovah's witnesses also carry the Bible and even support their pagan doctrines with the Bible. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cornelboy, what are you expected to do? grin grin grin

Who draw people to himself so that they know the truth? grin grin grin

Good for you. grin grin grin grin

Like now the truth I personally see from the Bible about the person of God is that:He's one single person and he's the Father Jehovah . Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5&6, John 17:3.

Do you think God is three persons?
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by achorladey: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Like now the truth I personally see from the Bible about the person of God is that:He's one single person and he's the Father Jehovah . Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5&6, John 17:3.

Do you think God is three persons?

Did you see me teach you God is three persons? grin grin grin

Or see me teach you that Jesus returned in 1914? grin grin grin grin

Or that there is a GOVERNING BODY inside the one body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by orisa37: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2022
It's like a Chicken on a Dunghill.
Come out there we shouted
But the Chicken would not
Until it digs It's grave and It's GREAT GREAT GRANDMA'S GRAVE.
Hard luck.
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You have an idea of what you wish for yourself . But try putting your hand in fire for 5 seconds and see if you can endure it.

So the idea doesn't make any practical sense! cheesy
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:
If people would burn in hell forever, it would definitely be an endurable pain in immortality and eternal life.
How did you come to the above conclusion?

You seem quick to jump to conclusions but unable to substantiate any of claims made, how come? . undecided
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by peterincredible: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
So u all really believe this shit about heaven and hell. This is the weakness of religion, religion will make you concentrate your whole life and reality to just one book only one book haaa am sorry
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Ammishaddai: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
[s]
cornelboy:

Religion invented hell bro.
The reward for sinners is eternal death (they will cease to exist) not eternal life in hell.

So if sinners and wicked people went to hell burning in fire for eternity, two things happen:
1. They have eternal life
2. They will be/are able to bear the pain for the eternity.

You wanna study the Bible with the JWs?
[/s] Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven . Which is why He said "... It is better to enter into life maimed, than to be cast into the fire , where their worms do not die and the fire is not quenched ". (Matt9:48). This is no other place other than hell undecided
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven . Which is why He said "... It is better to enter into life maimed, than to be cast into the fire , where their worms do not die and the fire is not quenched ". (Matt9:48). This is no other place other than hell undecided

Jesus taught his people in PARABLES {Matthew 13:13, 34-35} so only his closest confidants were able to grasp what he taught but for you to know that all what you're reading in Jesus' comments aren't to be understood literally none of his disciples wrote anything about HellFire!
Why? Because they know what he meant not just taking his words literally as you are doing now! smiley
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

If indeed wicked people and sinners will go to hell i.e have eternal life but in bearable pain, then there's no reason for me to forfeit the enjoyments of this life for some life in heaven.

After all, if I started doing contrary to God's will, I will still eternal life plus power to endure the pain and suffering in hell fire forever. I'll also be immortal!

Ehen you don talk True! grin

E remain your former brother in self deceit MaxinDHouse and other jws to stop lying themselves.

Come on out and fly your true colours! grin

Plus you think the rich man in the Lazarus case did not have such a plan to make hell comfortable? grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Dtruthspeaker: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
blazingblender:
Wait before
Where you a Christian??
Truely if the trumpet would sound
All of us will be heading straight to hell

Now you see, he was not! He has just agreed to no longer deceive himself that he could deceive God in any way!

So, this is him being his true self!
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
cornelboy:

If the pain and torment will be forever, it's undoubtedly logical to say it's bearable and that God is the one that made it so. What do you think?
Cos in reality, when pain becomes too much, unbearable,it would kill. Since that won't happen in hell, definitely I will have my eternal life in a bearable torment.

Eternal life is eternal life

Still deceiving yourself yet again, for you are now deceiving yourself with kill which brings death ONLY ON EARTH, FORGETTING THAT DEATH TOO WILL BE WITH YOU CRYING ITS OWN CRY!

chai! You can lie to yourself Africa Size Lie. grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Ammishaddai: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
[s]
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus taught his people in PARABLES {Matthew 13:13, 34-35} so only his closest confidants were able to grasp what he taught but for you to know that all what you're reading in Jesus' comments aren't to be understood literally none of his disciples wrote anything about HellFire!
Why? Because they know what he meant not just taking his words literally as you are doing now! smiley
[/s] Why do you keep lying and denying the existence of hell? If Jesus taught His disciples about hell ,then certainly , they too would have preached the same message to their congregations!

As a matter of fact, they did mention of the existence of hell in several letters written to church .

For example the book of Revelation 21:8(that was written by John the Apostle ) had this to say "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Another verse from Paul the Apostle reads :

2 Thessalonians 1:9:"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Even Peter's letter to Jews carried a similar message

2 Peter 2:4 :"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

Even the book of Revelations says that Hell and death will be thrown into the lake of fire . Or do you want to still deny that ? undecided
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Why do you keep lying and denying the existence of hell? If Jesus taught His disciples about hell ,then certainly , they too would have preached the same message to their congregations!
As a matter of fact, they did mention of the existence of hell in several letters written to church .
For example the book of Revelation 21:8(that was written by John the Apostle ) had this to say "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Another verse from Paul the Apostle reads :
2 Thessalonians 1:9:"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Even Peter's letter to Jews carried a similar message
2 Peter 2:4 :"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
Even the book of Revelations says that Hell and death will be thrown into the lake of fire . Or do you want to still deny that ? undecided
None of Jesus' disciples preached about HellFire Sir, and as for the word translated HELL it simply means GRAVE. There is nothing called "HellFire" anywhere.
The Bible book of Revelation is still the same Jesus talking there! Revelations 1:1

Don't kill yourself with BP over blind arguments Sir the word translated HELL is GRAVE but there's nothing called HellFire! smiley
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Ammishaddai: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

None of Jesus' disciples preached about HellFire Sir, and as for the word translated HELL it simply means GRAVE. There is nothing called "HellFire" anywhere.
The Bible book of Revelation is still the same Jesus talking there! Revelations 1:1

Don't kill yourself with BP over blind arguments Sir the word translated HELL is GRAVE but there's nothing called HellFire! smiley
So the books of Revelations, 2 Peter and Thessalonians were not written by the Apostles of Jesus ,abi? You JWs amaze me wallahi grin

Okay, let us assume that Hell means "grave ". Why would Jesus lay so much emphasis on it if it meant just that . Also why will He describe it as a place prepared for the Devil and his Angel's? (Matt25:41) grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:
So the books of Revelations, 2 Peter and Thessalonians were not written by the Apostles of Jesus ,abi? You JWs amaze we wallahi grin

In the Bible book of Revelations it's the same Jesus that's still talking.
There is no disciple of Jesus that talked about HellFire what your people translated HELL is GRAVE! wink
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by Ammishaddai: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In the Bible book of Revelations it's the same Jesus that's still talking.
There is no disciple of Jesus that talked about HellFire what your people translated HELL is GRAVE! wink
So what about Thessalonians and 2Peter ? Is it still not the apostles of Jesus ? grin
Re: It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ammishaddai:

Okay, let us assume that Hell means "grave ". Why would Jesus lay so much emphasis on it if it meant just that . Also why will He describe it as a place prepared for the Devil and his Angel's? (Matt25:41) grin

Grave is a place of inactivity so Jesus meant that Satan and his demons should be sent to a place of inactivity where they will no longer be able to cause confusion, but such a place is not meant for Adam's innocent descendants who found themselves in imperfect state of condition! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The End Of The Church Age / T. B Joshua Predict Massive Death Via 2go / Hillsong Lovers Tread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.