Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? (2141 Views)

To What Extent Do U Agree With This Girl? (photo) / Do U Agree? Pics Attached. / Ladies: Before U Agree To Date Him Tell Him To Show U His Statement Of Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
jayworld15:

Part of the DOs is that you must have money and have it affluently. Part of the DON'Ts is that you must never be poor. God understands that greatly, that's why Isaac sowed in the land a hundredfold. Be like The Isaacs, The Elon Musks, The Bill Gates etc. When you talk, money talks and the world listen. Money, to some extend, is wisdom no matter how foolish the advice could be.
True. Money makes a man. If u don't have money, u are nobody.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Daniel7543: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
True. However, Discrimination and Despising of others is another issue. There are folks who would want to make u feel so useless and unfortunate in life because of their achievements in life.
Bro, I can't never be In a competition with anyone. They can make other guys feel unfortunate but I can never feel so unfortunate.
I'm comfortable with anything I achieve and life has been quite easy for me.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
Daniel7543:
Bro, I can never be In a competition with anyone. They can make other guys feel unfortunate but I can never feel so unfortunate.
I'm comfortable with anything I achieve and life has been quite easy for me.
Yea grin
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are inarticulate in your statements.
Who imposes those things on you? In other words, who arrests you for not having those things? The answer is nobody except you yourself. You impose those things on yourself.

SOCIETY imposes these on people.... a man can be a man without a house/car/wealth etc but SOCIETY makes you believe that without these you aint a man....thats why i agreed with the OP's statement that its easy to be a man, but because of MEN/SOCIETY etc creating yeye traditions that would make you believe this nonsense (aka that without a house/car/wealth you aint a man), some sad men would believe that its actually hard to be a man. is that so difficult to understand or do you want me to explain it to you, as if you were 5 yr old?!

If there is no discrimination between the rich and the poor, would you be desperate to have everything the rich have? If you are not desperate, would you put yourself through too much stress?

there is NO DISCRIMINATION between the rich and the poor... what are you talking about?!? its the same above yeye tradition that makes people value a rich man more than a poor man, while they are both MEN. the life of a rich man is exactly as valuable as the life of a poor man. unfortunatlely, it seems that people (like yourself) would think otherwise.... thus why you wrote the above fallacy about greed/envy etc which is irrelevant to the subject at hand.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
SOCIETY imposes these on people.... a man can be a man without a house/car/wealth etc but SOCIETY makes you believe that without these you aint a man
Expectation does not mean an imposition. The society expects you to have money. You impose stress on yourself because of the expectation. And you do it because the expectation is in line with your desire. Not that the society will jail you if you do not live up to the expectation. There are many things expected from you that you are not doing. You struggle to do the ones you yourself like.

MrBrownJay1:
there is NO DISCRIMINATION between the rich and the poor... what are you talking about?!? its the same above yeye tradition that makes people value a rich man more than a poor man, while they are both MEN. the life of a rich man is exactly as valuable as the life of a poor man. unfortunatlely, it seems that people (like yourself) would think otherwise (like yourself).... thus why you wrote the above fallacy about greed/envy etc which is irrelevant to the subject at hand.
Are you alright this night? First, you deny the discrimination in the society. Second, you accuse me of being responsible for the same discrimination you deny. I do not discriminate but I observe the discrimination in the society. You are yet to prove me fallacious. Until you state who has jailed you because you do not have money and until you explain what lures man into stressful lifestyles, you are the fallacious person in this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
Expectation does not mean an imposition. The society expects you to have money. You impose stress on yourself because of the expectation. And you do it because the expectation is in line with your desire. Not that the society will jail you if you do not live up to the expectation. There are many things expected from you that you are not doing. You struggle to do the ones you yourself like.

what society expects of you, and how some men may feel less than man due to these expectations, is what the reply given by the OP was on about, which i agreed to...yet instead of agreeing with my statement, you decided to focus god knows what. are you ok sir?! do you have English comprehension issues?!

Are you alright this night? First, you deny the discrimination in the society. Second, you accuse me of being responsible for the same discrimination you deny. I do not discriminate but I observe the discrimination in the society. You are yet to prove me fallacious. Until you state who has jailed you because you do not have money and until you explain what lures man into stressful lifestyles, you are the fallacious person in this discussion.

what are you on about?! these are just unrealistic expectation brought by society that makes some men believe they aint men. YOU are the one who believes that a rich man has more value than a poor man and/or who is talking about crimes/jail etc as if this was relevant to this discussion. nobody except you is talking of crime/jail....
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

SOCIETY imposes these on people.... a man can be a man without a house/car/wealth etc but SOCIETY makes you believe that without these you aint a man....thats why i agreed with the OP's statement that its easy to be a man, but because of MEN/SOCIETY etc creating yeye traditions that would make you believe this nonsense (aka that without a house/car/wealth you aint a man), some sad men would believe that its actually hard to be a man. is that so difficult to understand or do you want me to explain it to you, as if you were 5 yr old?!

there is NO DISCRIMINATION between the rich and the poor... what are you talking about?!? its the same above yeye tradition that makes people value a rich man more than a poor man, while they are both MEN. the life of a rich man is exactly as valuable as the life of a poor man. unfortunatlely, it seems that people (like yourself) would think otherwise.... thus why you wrote the above fallacy about greed/envy etc which is irrelevant to the subject at hand.
There is discrimination everywhere, even in the church. Note: No matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are, Society would prefer a rich man or a man who has money. The same is applicable in a meeting, church meeting or a family meeting. No matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are, if u don't have money, just forget it. Ur handsomeness, intelligency or wisdom is useless before them. This is no to say being handsome, intelligent or wise are good.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
what society expects of you, and how some men may feel less than man due to these expectations, is what the reply given by the OP was on about, which i agreed to...yet instead of agreeing with my statement, you decided to focus god knows what. are you ok sir?! do you have English comprehension issues?!
hat are you on about?! these are just unrealistic expectation brought by society that makes some men believe they aint men. YOU are the one who believes that a rich man has more value than a poor man and/or who is talking about crimes/jail etc as if this was relevant to this discussion. nobody except you is talking of crime/jail....
DOs stand for what a constitution or a law requires you to do. No constitution in any country says you will be jailed if you are poor.

DON'Ts stand for what the constitution or law considers as offenses. No constitution in any country says being poor is an offense.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
TenQ, let me hear view abt this.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:

DOs stand for what a constitution or a law requires you to do. No constitution in any country says you will be jailed if you are poor.
DON'Ts stand for what the constitution or law considers as offenses. No constitution in any country says being poor is an offense.

stop writing rubbish online sir....this has nothing to do with the law/constitution of a country, and all to do with unrealistic expectations that society imposes on MEN, which in turn makes some men believe they aint men!

Truvelisback:
There is discrimination everywhere, even in the church. Note: No matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are, Society would prefer a rich man or a man who has money. The same is applicable in a meeting, church meeting or a family meeting. No matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are, if u don't have money, just forget it. Ur handsomeness, intelligency or wisdom is useless before them. This is no to say being handsome, intelligent or wise are good.

again, money is irrelevant to the subject.... as a man will always be a man (with or without money). the problem here is that society makes you believe otherwise, and sadly, it seems that men (like yourself) also believe that a man is not a man unless he has money... which is exactly the subject of this thread . aka unrealistic expectations imposed by society that would have some men believe that they aint men.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Shortcut2life: 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

You’re complicating the whole narrative it is just a simple logic you don’t have stress your brain to feel you are right .
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
stop writing rubbish online sir....this has nothing to do with the law/constitution of a country, and all to do with unrealistic expectations that society imposes on MEN, which in turn makes some men believe they aint men! again, money is irrelevant to the subject.... as a man will always be a man (with or without money). the problem here is that society makes you believe otherwise, and sadly, it seems that men (like yourself) also believe that a man is not a man unless he has money... which is exactly the subject of this thread . aka unrealistic expectations imposed by society that would have some men believe that they aint men.
DON'Ts stand for what the constitution or law considers as offenses. No constitution in any country says being poor is an offense. You said DOs and DON'Ts are why life is hard for a man.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Shortcut2life: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

stop writing rubbish online sir....this has nothing to do with the law/constitution of a country, and all to do with unrealistic expectations that society imposes on MEN, which in turn makes some men believe they aint men!

again, money is irrelevant to the subject.... as a man will always be a man (with or without money). the problem here is that society makes you believe otherwise, and sadly, it seems that men (like yourself) also believe that a man is not a man unless he has money... which is exactly the subject of this thread . aka unrealistic expectations imposed by society that would have some men believe that they aint men.

You like to complicate things this is just a simple logic you don’t have to stress your brain sir .. haba !
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by TenQ: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
TenQ, let me hear view abt this.
Both answers are correct
First man:
We live in a fallen world, therefore things are hard

Second man:
Life could be easier if not because we set terrible and difficult standards for ourself.

Life is simple only when one is not anxious of anything and living within ones means and grace!

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

That's what i mean. The Society made it so. I.e u must have money before u can be called a man.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
DON'Ts stand for what the constitution or law considers as offenses. No constitution in any country says being poor is an offense. You said DOs and DON'Ts are why life is hard for a man.

stop writing rubbish online sir and confusing DOs and DONTs with RIGHT/WRONG....this has nothing to do with the law/constitution of a country, and all to do with unrealistic expectations that society imposes on MEN, which in turn makes some men believe they aint men!
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
stop writing rubbish online sir and confusing DOs and DONTs with RIGHT/WRONG....this has nothing to do with the law/constitution of a country, and all to do with unrealistic expectations that society imposes on MEN, which in turn makes some men believe they aint men!
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
That's what i mean. The Society made it so. I.e u must have money before u can be called a man.

exactly...so now ask yourself this simple question (which is the subject of this thread): if men/society had not created these traditions against themselves (aka men), would men therefore say that its hard to be a man?

1 Like

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
DOs stand for what a constitution or a law requires you to do. No constitution in any country says you will be jailed if you are poor. DON'Ts stand for what the constitution or law considers as offenses. No constitution in any country says being poor is an offense. You said DOs and DON'Ts are why life is hard for a man.

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

exactly...so now ask yourself this simple question (which is the subject of this thread): if men/society had not created these traditions against themselves (aka men), would men therefore say that its hard to be a man?
No. Discrimination and the despising of others are also factors. MrBrownJay1, Although, on the normal fact, being a man is hard but it would have been easy if there is no discrimination and men being despised. We live in a world of discrimination, intimidation, despising of others, oppression etc, because of money. We also live in a world whereby if u don't have money, it is as though u are the worst Sinner on this plannet earth.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
No. Discrimination and the dispise of others are also factors.

the above does not make it hard for men to be men. does it?!
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
You said DOs and DON'Ts are why life is hard for a man.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by Truvelisback(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

the above does not make it hard for men to be men. does it?!
It could. Using Naija as a case study. If u don't have money, society rarely value ur worth, no matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are. Secondly, societal discrimination, comparison and despising of the poor could make them lose that self-worth that they are men.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truvelisback:
It could. Using Naija as a case study. If u don't have money, society rarely value ur worth, no matter how handsome, intelligent or wise u are. Secondly, societal discrimination, comparison and despising of the poor could make them lose that self-worth that they are men.

very true... but the main reason for that is the unrealistic expectation brought by society. the minute you remove that and the problem is solved.
Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:

You said DOs and DON'Ts are why life is hard for a man.

Re: Guys, Do U Agree With His Point Of View? by immortalcrown(m): 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Ladies Showoff Their Bodies For Attention Not Sex / Can You Date Or Marry An Ex Convict / Would You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.