Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! (21462 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / My Tooth Is On Edge / Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by femzy190: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
owiko:
If your current toothpaste is a regular type, I'd suggest that you switch to Longrich toothpaste which is medicinal, while you explore other options
I believe he should see this post. Switch to longrich toothpaste. you can even smear the paste on the affected tootharea.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Musttypossible: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ftheophilous:
Can you replace that tooth? Like how much?
Yes u fit replace am but i no no how much e go cost u.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by folks4luv(f): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Reason i have been very reluctant to visit a dentist. I have been having problem with impacted wisdom teeth, on both sides o. I know I am scared of the pain that comes with extracting em but I am afraid of the complications of done poorly, and the possibility of that is high
LadyRosa:
You're actually not feeling any serious pain yet.Person wey teeth dey pain no go get strength or mental stability to chat.

By the way, there's no such thing like dental surgeon in Nigeria,even if they are,very rare.What we have here are dentist whose only specialty na to uproot and fill up your teeth and after few months,back to square Everything go just open waaaa!Or you swallow the crown along with Amala.

My elder brother is making plans to travel out to get his dentition done after spending so much on the so called dentists in Abuja and Lagos.Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by folks4luv(f): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
How did you use the garlic and honey pls?
grandstar:
heydays

I too have a problematic bad tooth I have vowed never to remove as it will adversely affect my ability to chew food.

What I notice is that the toothache is not due to the condition of the tooth but to bacteria. This particular bacteria loves sugar that's a big reason the pains goes into overdrive when you touch sugary stuff.

See your toothache the way you see your armpit sweat. The sweat itself naturally does not smell. What causes it to produce a horrid smell is the bacteria that feeds on it.

For your toothache to go, attack with gusto the pathogen that feeds on it.

I find garlic to be quite effective. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. It kills bad bacteria.

Another is honey. I finished a small bottle of honey in 3 days. For about 2 weeks after that, I realized my toothache had disappeared.

So, try any of these 2.

Last but not the list, do not rince your mouth after you brush. Flouride inside your toothpaste is an antiseptic. That's medical advice.

Pls note I am talking from the point of a layman. My use of garlic and pure honey were my observations based on my personal experiences.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:

Money no be the problem.Can it be done?Since his birth he has been suffering dentition problem.If money go solve the problem no wahala.
okay o
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by placeofallure(f): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Angelfrost:
Every federal hospital and top private hospital has a good dental clinic...

Visit one immediately and get this sorted out!

I got 2 of mine removed same day at a federal hospital in Lag. Believe me, there's nothing fantastic or outstanding about them. After removal, it was only a matter of a few years before I started feeling pain again. Then, I just went herbal.

There's a concoction, I don't know what they mixed together, I sha know it's alcohol based and there's cloves in it and it's very peppery, you know that ata ijosi. It works wonders. I just gaggle the cheek with it and I'm fine. They said it could be swallowed but I am not a fan of alcohol.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Angelfrost(m): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
placeofallure:

I got 2 of mine removed same day at a federal hospital in Lag. Believe me, there's nothing fantastic or outstanding about them. After removal, it was only a matter of a few years before I started feeling pain again. Then, I just went herbal.

There's a concoction, I don't know what they mixed together, I sha know it's alcohol based and there's cloves in it and it's very peppery, you know that ata ijosi. It works wonders. I just gaggle the cheek with it and I'm fine. They said it could be swallowed but I am not a fan of alcohol.

Hmmm... I almost came close to going the Dental route too.

At the least minute, Longrich came to my rescue! Las las, the troublesome tooth fell out by itself.

It's been years now, no more issues!
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Bbbw: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Really
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Bishopino: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
The best home remedy for tooth problem is : Mixture of grinded dry pepper with salt and warm water: relax it at the affected part the repeat it again. Make longrich your tooth paste.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Hotice085: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Legendforte:
You may have to revisit a consultant dental surgeon for professional dental care. Good luck.

Which stupid medical dental surgeon, how man have they removed already with no solution
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Hotice085: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Anybody going medical consultant with a dentist fie teeth problem, you are on your own
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by heydays: 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
Why please?

Hotice085:
Anybody going medical consultant with a dentist fie teeth problem, you are on your own
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Hotice085: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
heydays:
Good day , good people of this forum, i am going to go straight to my worrisome oral health condition, which is threatening my wellbeing,my psychological balance and i am so scared because i don't want something fatal and horrible happening to me.

I had tooth abscess operation done on my lower jaw teeth, i believe that is premolar and molar(2),subsequently the operation was done at a federal university teaching hospital and i have been relieved despite 2 months of being bedridden and transfixed.

Now to the main point of this boring essay, a different tooth, the last on my left cheek is broken.and sometimes with foul smell, the pain from the touch gives me unpleasant feelings no one else can fathom. I have a total of 3 teeth removed, 2 on the extreme left removed during the undesirable hospital experience, and one close to the extreme one giving me headache, insomnia,unpleasant feeling and below par performance in my endeavours. I am so worried because i feel some spasm in my body system, and aside from lacking the means or wherewithal to visit the dentist, i am very wary of getting the tooth off, because it would mean i would have no tooth at both end of my cheeks.

I am worried about the implications, scared about any complications whatsoever, putting it in mind the experience i had 2 years ago. I would also like to know if there is any affordable drug or antibiotics or anything 'magical' that would stop the bacteria from eating the sinews inside the cracked,broken and rotten denture.

Please help,i am depressed and getting downcast ,almost suicidal. Medical practitioner, dentists, and people of goodwill come to my rescue.

Forget your lamentations, don't ever consult any useless dentist ever again how many of your teeth's have they removed yet no solution

Go local/herbal but NAFDAC approved like Pax herbal, longrich
I repeat don't ever go to a dentist ever again, they will remove all your teeth and start giving you artificials
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Escobar7(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ask any member of Cherubim and Seraphim church to show that perfume they put in water to bath or drink, for gotten the name, Miss something, use it to wash your mouth, gaggling it around your mouth. Thank me later.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by grandstar(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
folks4luv:
How did you use the garlic and honey pls?

For the garlic, I chewed and made the chewed part stay on the problem tooth for a while. If you can still chew on that problem tooth, then chew the garlic on that tooth. Please note that garlic is strong. As you chew, you'd understand what I mean.

For the honey, I just licked it like normal honey. I was bewildered when the toothache disappeared. I did not lick it to fight the toothache. It was a side effect. I licked a lot though. The honey must be natural honey.

1 Like

Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by pholar(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
There is a particular brand of Colgate I'll recommend. Get me on Whatsapp via 08036988 9 9 two.. You'll say bye bye to toothache..
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
owiko:
[s]If your current toothpaste is a regular type, I'd suggest that you switch to Longrich toothpaste which is medicinal, while you explore other options[/s]

There is nothing Medicinal about longrich toothpaste. people just waste money for buying that toothpaste. As long as a toothpaste doesn't contain flouride, it is garbage.

And the solution to OP's problem is not toothpaste!
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
RuneKingThor:
Most of the times, the cure for toothache with smelly and painful symptoms is extractions. Be very careful of anyone here telling you to message them for one form of herbal concoction or the other. It' doesn't work and the teeth becomes fully decayed and causes an infection.

Be very careful please.

Not most times. Most times, the cure for toothache can be either treating the tooth or removal. It's only in some cases that the only solution is to remove the tooth.

Just that treating a tooth is more expensive, so many Nigerians opt for removal of the tooth
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by pholar(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amayabor1:

There is nothing Medicinal about longrich toothpaste. people just waste money for buying that toothpaste. As long as a toothpaste doesn't contain flouride, it is garbage.

And the solution to OP's problem is not toothpaste!

I do not know anything about longrich toothpaste. But your last statement isn't entirely correct. I am expecting the op to get me on Whatsapp so I can send the particular Colgate paste to use; he'll come back here and notify you of his instant and eternal relief!

1 Like

Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Phyde: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
salt and alum can do magic on your case.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa post=111999309[s:
]You're actually not feeling any serious pain yet.Person wey teeth dey pain no go get strength or mental stability to chat.

By the way, there's no such thing like dental surgeon in Nigeria,even if they are,very rare.What we have here are dentist whose only specialty na to uproot and fill up your teeth and after few months,back to square Everything go just open waaaa!Or you swallow the crown along with Amala.

My elder brother is making plans to travel out to get his dentition done after spending so much on the so called dentists in Abuja and Lagos.Nonsense[/s]!

Your ignorance is top-notch.

1. A Dentist is also a Dental Surgeon (Dental Surgeon is the other name for a Dentist).

2. The work of a Dentist/Dental Surgeon is more than just uprooting teeth.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
pholar:

I do not know anything about longrich toothpaste. But your last statement isn't entirely correct. I am expecting the op to get me on Whatsapp so I can send the particular Colgate paste to use; he'll come back here and notify you of his instant and eternal relief!

OP's problem can't be solved by toothpaste. Take it or leave it.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
Marvyx:

[s]Garlic will kill the bacteria but as far as he still eats, bacteria will continue eating it - it's just a matter of time. If the teeth is broken, he needs to refill or remove. No other situation can remedy it. OP go and get it checked. Most dentists are all about money these days but look for one that can give you a long lasting situation. Take care of your teeth[/s]..

Garbage!
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by remiopash: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sorry about that. Take Flagyl 400mg (2 tablets) once in a day with paracetamol or any other pain relieve tablet .Also, use glysterine after brushing your teeth twice a day.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Hotice085: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amayabor1:

1. A Dentist is also a Dental Surgeon (Dental Surgeon is the other name for a Dentist).

Just sharap you mouth, I because of my experience and some others will never recommend anybody to a dentist
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by pholar(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amayabor1:

OP's problem can't be solved by toothpaste. Take it or leave it.

Why don't you leave op to say this? Funny enough, the paste is just 800!!!

I am saying this to you from the point of very relevant experience!
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hotice085:

Just sharap you mouth, I because of my experience and some others will never recommend anybody to a dentist

Clown! Who cares if you recommend anybody to a Dentist? grin grin.

Every day, thousands of people go to Dental surgeons for one problem or another all over Nigeria. Lol.

If your person has a problem that require a Dental surgeon/Dentist, don't tell him to go to the Dentist. Las Las, they will still find their way to the Dentist if they can't find solution to their problem.

Illiterate!
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Advancedman:

Pls Why is it that the only fix for teeth is extraction?

The only fix for a bad tooth is not extraction. If the tooth is not very bad, it can be treated. The treatment is called a Root canal therapy (RCT). The only problem is that RCT is quite expensive. So, when patients are given the option of RCT or extraction, many patients choose extraction because of the cost of RCT. Extraction is cheaper.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by LadyRosa(f): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amayabor1:

Guy no make me vex this evening.Better visit Google first before answering me again.

Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
Otamio:
Drop some salt in the affected tooth, and keep some amount of fuel in your mouth for some minutes, say 3 to 5 minutes then throw out. Repeat morning and evening daily. By the time u try for 3 to 5days. Your tooth issue is gone forever.

You can't be talking about filling when the tooth is severely paining OP. You only fill teeth that are are not causing pain or causing very mild pain or sensitivity.

Any tooth that is as painful as OP described can only be cured by either Root canal therapy or Extraction.
Re: My Tooth Is Killing Me, Help!!! by Amayabor1: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:

Guy no make me vex this evening.Better visit Google first before answering me again.

Lol. Visit Google for what? You are the one that needs Google. Type "Dental surgeon" on Google

Also go to Google and read so that you will know that Dentists do not only remove teeth. They do other many things!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PLEASE SAVE MY MOTHERS LIFE SHE'S NOW ON DIALYSIS MACHINE / Which Condom Is The Best In Naija: / Qualified Nurse Or Auxiliary Nurse (difference)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.