Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! (28570 Views)

Pls Advice Me Like a father and Mother on this decision I want to take. / “only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far…” (how Far Are You Willing To Go?). / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by simpleseyi: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Topshow2010:

If the write up is true ,it seems there is something btw both of them rather than employer and employee relatnsp.Its not just normal for an employee to excused d owner for prayer just like dt.

There may be nothing. Some people are so simple that idiots will take advantage of their simplicity to do nonsense
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by harmony75: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
It's wrong of her that's her working place not a mosque if she does not pray during working hours does not make her less her in belief. She does not have respect why bring alfa in her working place!?, she's unserious should be sacked!

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by DonroxyII: 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
DeepSight:

grin
Ur left Nyansh !
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by HeavenVGate: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
chrome001:

I am just forced to comment on this. Are you really sure you're a Muslim?

If yes, why are you even one. Because this your comment is just killing me.

So you sacked 2 Muslims because of solah especially in the holy month of Ramadan?? Is there no better way to handle this? And you're here justifying your action by saying you combine your prayers. Have you read of the punishment for the person who combines solah? Please go research.

Who knows if I'm a Muslim or not grin grin
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Father4all: 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
simpleseyi:

And who told you the ones in the bank are not devoted.
Oga go and sit down, you don't know anything. Any moslem who don't pray five times daily at the right time isn't devoted

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Father4all: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
membranus:

When they leave their desks and exit the office, or on lunch break, they can pray all the prayers they need to pray. But not inside the office.
you don't pray any time you like in Islam. You pray when it's the time

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Harkyn92(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sentimental comments up and down. Muslims pray 5 compulsory prayer everyday if which there's possibility that the afternoon prayer meets her in your shop and you want to stop her from praying. Is her prayer disturbing you? Maybe you should sack her. The God she serves will provide another opportunity for her.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by PrinceGallant: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Muslims' five daily prayers are not just only obligatory, they are to be observed at each due time. A Muslim woman or lady does better pray in her home than inside a mosque.

If you cannot tolerate her, please sack her. However, her recitation of Qur'an or her prayer inside your shop/office brings no harm to you but benefits if only you know.

I do not want to believe that she was not diligent in her works; I know if she was negligent; you would not think twice before you fire her. Tolerate her and enjoy the benefit more.

If she is in Ibadan; you can connect her to me, I have a good job for her

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Harkyn92(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
harmony75:
It's wrong of her that's her working place not a mosque if she does not pray during working hours does not make her less her in belief. She does not have respect why bring alfa in her working place!?, she's unserious should be sacked!

It makes her.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Harkyn92(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Every door closed gives another opportunity. Sales girl is not a career job so she'll eventually leave your shop for you so do whatever you like and sack her. Sentimental set of people
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Harkyn92(m): 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
And if it were to be one part time prostitute that you employ that brings her boy friends to your shop i believe you have the mouth to say anything. She didn't steal your money and she didn't still your good so why is her prayer disturbing you?
Telling you that she want to pray doesn't mean you should leave she's just trying to let you know so that if you talk and she didn't respond to you for you not to be thinking negative.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Laturuturu: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

Even myself being a Christian, I pray before coming to shop/work.

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.

They are about to take over from u.
Take over the shop
Just watch
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by seyz91(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
cheesy
DispatcherLagos:
Hmmmmmmm.
Your employee asked you to leave your shop for her so that she can pray?

What are you not telling us exactly?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Truvelisback(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.
Tell her to go to the mosque for except she wants to do her prayers in a coded manner by using her beads. Anything that has to do with laying mat and bowing her to worship in ur Shop shouldn't be allowed.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by alphaNomega: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
boolet:

By all means follow your gut feeling. Let that same girl travel out of Naija to a Western culture and see how less religious she'll become. Hypocrites!

The 1st year I arrived Yankee, I worked at a restaurant, as a dishwasher, along with this other muslim guy from Ivory Coast. At the end of the year, we were given bonuses including a bottle of white wine each. Ivorian dude said he didn't want the wine cos he's a muslim. Ok then, pls Umar, kindly take it from the manager and gimme the wine, he said he couldn't touch it... Wine in a bottle!

I was so livid. Then, I reminded him how he washes the pots used in cooking pork religiously. How he also washes glasses customers drink their liquor in. I told him; "Dude, you're a damn hypocrite, because by the standard you claim to uphold, you shouldn't work here."

Long story short, I had long forgotten about the bottle of wine when I felt Umar tap me from behind. "Here's the wine", he said. Really? He had thought deep and hard about how bigotry is plain folly.
How is Umar doing?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Pharaohny: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

I'm a Muslim , but let me ask you this question , is she the only one working with you?
Your reply will determine my advice
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by alpontif(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
If she is honest and you are making good sales, I don't see why this is an issue. Don't create problems where it doesn't exist.

dboY1123:

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by ofiko123(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Wikipedia is your friend..
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sandra50(f): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oga better sack her..these people are trouble makers..very soon she will turn it to trouble with her people..don't speak to to her about it because she will never listen and when. You sack her she will go around and start telling people you sack her because she prays in you shop
dboY1123:

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by valinno(m): 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Most of you are just church goers without any atom of spiritual knowledge and intelligence.
How can you allow a Muslim to pray in your shop, and even walked you out of the shop, you even agreed, and obeyed.Ignorant you.
Have you asked to know the god they worship? In your ignorant State, you think you and her worship the same God,but it's not true.
May be you don't know that the spirit rules the physical.
Light and darkness has nothing in common.
If you are light, work with the light, so the existing light will increase,but when darkness and light are working together, there will always be a clash.
Be wish, and do the needful.
Look for a Christian and employ,sack her without delay.
Their alfa has a mirror they use to monitor people, don't joke with one that is working close to such person.
Sack her now.
If not, you will see the outcome of inviting Satan into your household.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by showafrica(m): 2:14am On Apr 18, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

It's like your shop is gradually looking like moshalishi to her?
Let's assume she works in some multinational companies, will she have the temerity to "pray" let alone telling her boss to excuse her to pray?
Oga..... better man up and set the standard you want for your business.

Oga fit don chop clean mouth, no come get power again to give orders.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by hansomb: 5:12am On Apr 18, 2022
The prayer only takes nothing more than 5 to 10 minutes. As for bringing strangers to work premises you can talk to her about that. Learn to religion tolerance and not fanatics. Where I work though I have no such problem. I pray at d designated time else I would have quite the work. What shall benefits a man to gain the whole world but loses his soul ?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by blindjustice13(m): 5:21am On Apr 18, 2022
dboY1123:

sack her
Sack her

Seems you didn't hear me, I say sack her.

You are still not listening , I say sack her.

Seems you need a brain reset , sack her

Should I shout louder?

SACK HER NOW!
SACK HER NOW!
SACK HER NOW!
SACK HER NOW!
SACK HER NOW!

THIS HANDSHAKE DON PASS ELBOW

SACK HER NOW!
SACK HER NOW!

. If after this you refuse to sack her, you will create a Lamentations thread.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Coolgent(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2022
dboY1123:

There's nothing wrong if she pray in the shop as Muslims prayers are timely i.e 5am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 8pm each prayer will not take much morethan 6 minutes.

She can recite Quran quitely but she shouldn't invite anyone in your shop.
Oga be careful extremists may mislead you.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by boolet: 5:42am On Apr 18, 2022
alphaNomega:
How is Umar doing?
He's well. Haven't seen him in years, but now he's more liberal grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Poleski: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2022
dboY1123:

Are you insane? What the hell is wrong with you? This is your shop, NOT a mosque! She is setting the rules and gradually taking over your shop! Man up!

Even if you're interested in f*ucking her, don't let her ruin your business. If she wants to worship, she can do so in her spare time, not while she is supposed to be working or while she is in your shop!

Her religion should be her personal thing, done in her own free time and not to the detriment of your business time.

If she refuses to adhere to your rules, fire her immediately!
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by ImaIma1(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2022
sageer1706:
Bro the thing is muslims pray 5daily prayers everyday (5:30am, 1:00pm, 4pm, 6:30pm and 8pm) so telling her not to pray is like telling her to stop working for u

Really? I worked with muslims in the bank and other places. I never noticed them praying in the office. Or is this only applicable of they work in "shops"?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sageer1706(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2022
ImaIma1:

Really? I worked with muslims in the bank and other places. I never noticed them praying in the office. Or is this only applicable of they work in "shops"?
It's either you don't see them praying or they are not the practicing type... Even if a practicing muslim is working in a church he/she will still perform his/her prayers
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sageer1706(m): 10:46am On Apr 18, 2022
deltateam:

You will be lying to say they observe all of them. I have Muslim friends. They weren't praying during class hours. They mostly observed the evening time and maybe early morning.

Others? Oyo.
Yea it's saying all christians go to church every Sunday...
A practicing muslim will perform his/her prayers even if he works in a seminary
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sageer1706(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2022
donbenie:
So Muslims don't work in other establishments?
And the Bankers among observe all these?
I don't know which state u are typing from but I guess u haven't met a practicing muslim
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by ImaIma1(f): 11:40am On Apr 18, 2022
sageer1706:

It's either you don't see them praying or they are not the practicing type... Even if a practicing muslim is working in a church he/she will still perform his/her prayers

That's not true. You want to go work at Mobil and ask your colleagues to leave the office each time you want to pray. Or you are a doctor and everyone has to excuse you to pray 5times a day? How do you think these people manage it?

It seems this applies to those below the ladder. You can afford to do it in a shop or a place like that. You are saying that it is only those ones are the practising type.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by 2016easy2017: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2022
dboY1123:

Am a Muslim. A mini scholar i would say.
If the whole issue is solely as you states. Then it's like this.

She cannot hurt you ( her employer) in the name of practicing Islam.
2. Bringing in al Alfa, shows she lacks the knowledge of Islam. Who shes bringing are fake scholars of Islam who in actual sense are herbalists.
3. Beside just pray in one corner ( compulsorily with your consent. And you can reject if you feel threatened)
4. Don't stop her from going (2 times only) to pray in the mosque for just 15 minutes each time.
5. You have been very good. Your like Islam forbids we hurt or wrong because you don't stop anyone's practice
6. Get a true Islamic scholar. Sincere one. An-ahlusunnah who has the knowledge of the Deen. Who can give her evidences from the scriptures, to talk to her so she doesn't go about blackmailing you. You can message me if you want me come talk to her. She's taking it too far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

About Schleez Limited / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.