Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! (28594 Views)

Pls Advice Me Like a father and Mother on this decision I want to take. / “only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far…” (how Far Are You Willing To Go?). / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Legalcriminal: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
K
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sageer1706(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Bro the thing is muslims pray 5daily prayers everyday (5:30am, 1:00pm, 4pm, 6:30pm and 8pm) so telling her not to pray is like telling her to stop working for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by yuping(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.
undecided this is a very dicey situation, I suggest you tell her to always go to mosque to pray during the praying hours, they is a place and time for everything.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by bimbax: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
A
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by drLammy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
make rules from the get go that, as much as she can do what she pleases in her own free time, during work she must WORK.
furthermore, as much as praying is allowed, it certainly shouldnt be done on work premises.

do you actually think that muslim bus drivers and/or muslim bank employees ask people to live the bus/bank while they can pray OR pray at anytime they desire?!

Lol
Seems you've never travelled via northern routes. I once travelled from Abuja to Kano and the driver stopped midway to pray and the other passengers don't even have any problems with it.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maybe your shop is now a prayer ground

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by GloriousGbola: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

Even myself being a Christian, I pray before coming to shop/work.

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.

The best you can do - set aside a corner in the workshop where she can pray. If she has one hour of free time add 20 minutes and tell her her prayer time is included in the free time. Ie she will split her free time accordingly. That means zuhr 2pm and asri (4pm)

Alternatively, within that broken down break, she can pray in a nearby mosque.

That is the enlightened, tolerant and practical thing to do.

Finally no religious figures allowed for any reason. Otherwise the alfa can get her a job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by gulfer: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oga, define your space and tell her your workspace or shop is neither a mosque nor is it a church.....You've been too lenient angry angry angry angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Michelle70(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

respect her religion and make sure she respect u as a boss
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Nekky5(f): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
If you allow all these to continue, you may never be in control of your shop again.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Father4all: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

you are not a good person. Didn't you know she is a moslem before you employed her? You suppose know moslems pray 5 times daily. Abeg don't come her to disturb us. Go and employ a Christian. Hissss
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by ednut1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
Is this in the north If yes be careful o

5 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Rubbish! I have Muslim friends and they never tell me to leave the room when they want to pray even when I offer. Something fishy is going on. Better get strict before you wail premium tears.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Glory2DLamb(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
You have lost your business and the premises. Wait and see!

4 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Blue86(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
You can go out now, I want to pray.
I brought an alfa over to spiritually claim my shop, the shop I am working in.
[ That is what she implies]

Even Daniel the Prophet couldn't tell Nebuchadnezzar that.

You were soft from the beginning.
Try that in the bank, you gone.
Try that in companies, you gone.

And now, if you put restraint or order, dem go do prayer on top your head.

Why?
Because you lowered yourself and diluted your self.

Right now, I know you are getting afraid to do anything necessary.

That shows she is becoming the boss.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Thefxchanger: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
Im a muslim and what you just explained above is just unacceptable from any emloyee.

Its either you get someone else to replace her or you shld be ready to see worse from her.

8 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Alusiizizi(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
You better chastise here sternly. If she falls out of line again, sack here immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by managermahmud: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Let her be bro. She'll change to default after Ramadan. Some people activate fill Islam mode during this period
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by shineeye1: 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

My prayer be say make your mumu no kill you before your time! What concerns religion and work? Why mix-up the two? Practice your religion at your own house and come for work at the workplace! You never know anything. Islam enters every territory with the ultimate plan to take it over by all means necessary, including killing and dispossessing the original owner. Na step by step, with all subtility and taking advantage of your hospitality dem they take dispossess you

5 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by petermichaels(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
You need a restructure. And i mean it, as soon as possible. Treat religion with all seriousness. People are terrible.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Isokoboy(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
VEXT:
Sack her instantly,very soon they will start that their Quranic reading in your shop....

A Muslim boss will never tolerate this rubbish you are tolerating..
I have work for some of them....they do have religion tolerance unlike you

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by tenpipsperday: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Hmmmmmmm.
Your employee asked you to leave your shop for her so that she can pray?

What are you not telling us exactly?

I hope you are not taking the op seriously in any way?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by GooodHardDick: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

What nonsense!!

Oga, sack that girl immediately. What are you still waiting for? Or are you banging her pussy? There's something you're not telling us.

Don't you know the difference between business/office/shop and a mosque or a praying ground? So if client come, they'll stay and be waiting for her until she finish praying? I'm sure you were too soft towards her that was why she was able to try such rubbish in the first place.

U better sack that girl at once

4 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by DJBIGGY(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Nothing.. She said I want to pray, meaning please excuse me.

Doesn't mean excuse me. She is telling you that in case you need her, she would be unavailable while she is praying
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Angelfrost(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Nothing.. She said I want to pray, meaning please excuse me.

This is unheard of sir. She went too far!

She has no right to even think it, not to speak of making such a shocking request! Who is now the boss in that office?!!

It seems you don't know how to stand your ground as a person!

You might need to step up and take back your office before it further slips from your grip!

There are SOPs in every place of business! You don't mix business with pleasure or religion!

See finish don enter finish!!!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by crackhouse(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
They will soon turn your shop to mosque by that time it will too late and if u by anyway try to resist it u will see anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by DJBIGGY(m): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Bros the only thing I see here is that you have an issue with her prayers. Don't forget that Muslims pray five times daily and there are certain times for that. Even in the civil service, once it's time to pray, Muslims are being permitted to perform their obligatory prayers and return to their duties.

The only thing you should focus on is if she is good at her job and doesn't make you run at her loss, steals from your shop or chase customers away. She went over board by being an Alfa to the shop because no staff should have friends over and all. That I don't side her on. Religious tolerance is what you have been trying to do. But if it doesn't interfere with the progress or your business, I see nothing wrong with her doings
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by ZUBY77(m): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
I think you are sleeping with this lady

7 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by 46arcadez(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Fro me, she is more like an employer than an employee
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Sheuns(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

If you can grant her permission to go pray at the mosque, that’s fine. Also tell her what you like and what you don’t like, work should be separated from prayers.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by mfm04622: 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

I hope you get to read this.

Muslims are expected to pray 5 times daily. The times for 2 of the prayers usually falls within business hours. That is the prayer for 1 pm to 2 pm and the one for 3:30 pm to 4 pm.

Muslims are observing the fasting month. So even nominal Muslims usually observe their prayers now and on time. This may be the reason she is observing her prayers, something she has not been doing in the past.
I know you are a small business owner. Most small businesses in Nigeria do not give the legally mandated 1 hour lunch breaks. If she takes her one hour breaks, forbid her from using your time to pray. She should know how to organize herself to use the time to prwy. If she is expected to be in the shop from opening time to closing, please allow her 5 minutes twice a day to observe her prayers.

Rebuke her for allowing a non worker access to your place of business. That is wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by executive12: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
You need to let her go. She doesn't have any respect for you. Employee asking her boss to leave the shop so she can pray, and even inviting an Alfa? That's a big no no.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / Pharmacy Vs Nursing! / Ecobank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Ecobank Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.