Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! (28595 Views)

Pls Advice Me Like a father and Mother on this decision I want to take. / “only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far…” (how Far Are You Willing To Go?). / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Buffalo2(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sack her without reason. You owe no one any explanation. Those who guys will soon deal with you if you don't act NOW!

4 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Buffalo2(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
Buffalo2:
Sack her without reason. You owe no one any explanation. Those guys will soon deal with you if you don't act NOW!
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
Michelle70:
respect her religion and make sure she respect u as a boss
what kinda of senseless advice is this...she for go work for mosque na ...so she can pray all day ...prayer without works is zero
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Angelfrost(m): 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
crackhouse:
They will soon turn your shop to mosque by that time it will too late and if u by anyway try to resist it u will see anyhow.

Leave am make him dey form gentleman!

He doesn't understand religious extremism!

How can you muddle up your personal life or religion with your professional life??! Who does that?!!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by serial37: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
What did I just read! Hmmm, don't permit what you cannot allow and don't allow what you cannot permit, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by toprealman: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

Even myself being a Christian, I pray before coming to shop/work.

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.
You know what a policy is right?
Clearly, you are educated. Utilise it here. Set you policies and have a one on one with her.
It is about business growth and sustainability nothing personal, tell her that.
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Father4all:
you are not a good person. Didn't you know she is a moslem before you employed her? You suppose know moslems pray 5 times daily. Abeg don't come her to disturb us. Go and employ a Christian. Hissss
pls employ her...as if you can take such nonsense

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Ameduedwin: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Even at that point of reciting That Koran, and praying That prayer if any customer came in at that moment she will not give that customer any attention at that time and you know what that means? Customer will be running from your business/shop.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Michelle70(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
IgweBUIKE1:
what kinda of senseless advice is this...she for go work for mosque na ...so she can pray all day ...prayer without works is zero
read my comment again and beg God for the gift of understanding
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
sageer1706:
Bro the thing is muslims pray 5daily prayers everyday (5:30am, 1:00pm, 4pm, 6:30pm and 8pm) so telling her not to pray is like telling her to stop working for u

He should man up and tell her to leave!

There are no two ways about this.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by placeofallure(f): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:
I have been on/off from my work(shop) for 2weeks now, I have this new worker who is a Muslim and I am a Christian, of course, I am not against her religion or anything, I still grant her the permission to attend mosque every Friday afternoon and I always try to be at shop by 2pm, or get someone to replace her..

Today I came to shop and the first thing I noticed was that she allowed one Alfa that I know very well, into the shop(she knows it is not allowed), my mind told me they were both reciting the Quran before I came in.

Secondly, she told me that she needs to pray (in the shop) that I should excuse her while I had to leave there and go outside..This has never been happening for 3 months she's been here..

I wanted to tell her to stop praying in the shop because it is not a praying ground or mosque, should I go ahead?

I am not against her religion whatsoever, even she reads the Quran quietly in the shop and there's no issue about that.

Se wa okay? Na she get shop or na you. Oh my! Christians we are too soft. You wouldn't dare to do that with a Moslem. Sharia Court straight! They will give your action all kinda name and they will sentence you to death. Go and ask that musician they accused of Blasphemy.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Mom007(f): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Nothing.. She said I want to pray, meaning please excuse me.
Chai! You are sleeping Sir!
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by HeavenVGate: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

If her actions is affecting your business, sack her. I sacked two of my workers last week. Reason was.. they were Muslims and they were always leave shop to go pray in a mosque that was little bit far from shop so customers always wait till they comes back, some left angrily. When that was affecting my business, I sacked them. I'm a Muslim myself and I will never close shop to go pray. I do all my prayer when I return home at night. So I employed Christians to replaced them. One thing we need get straight here, what puts food in your table first before any religion, not other way round. If you know you don't wanna miss your salat, why don't you stay home all day so that you don't miss any of your salat. Religion is affecting most people in this part of the world.

10 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by achimendy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Hmmm, that girl is slightly turning your shop to a quranic class, and if you start opposing her now she will see it the other way round. So i suggest when the month end pay her off and tell her that her service is no longer needed.

That's my advice for you.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
VEXT:
Sack her instantly,very soon they will start that their Quranic reading in your shop....

A Muslim boss will never tolerate this rubbish you are tolerating..
I'm a Muslim and I will never tolerate that

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by PROPHETmichael: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Bottom line is you have a soft spot for her (perhaps , you've been checking her backside) and she knows it; that's why she has the audacity to tell you (the boss), to leave the shop.

I see her telling you oga I'm pregnant.
I see her become the madam of the house.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by house10s2: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

pay her for the days she has work, dont wait till month end

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Olayetan(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
You must be a very simple person to even condone such in work/office premises.

And she's dumb to not have respect for work place, let her know such isn't allowed and she can always complete her 5 times daily prayers when she gets home.

What kind of business do you run in your shop?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Interesting
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by VULCAN(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Within a few months a staff has the guys to tell her boss to excuse her from the shop she does not know how it came about!

Chaii. See temerity

It's obvious you have shown her that you want something more from her and she wants to take advantage of you.

dboY1123:

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by sageer1706(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Angelfrost:

He should man up and tell her to leave!

There are no two ways about this.
That's just it (either he sack her or he leave to practice her religion)
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by gwinaB(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Something is not right?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
Better sack the idiot before she diabolically snatch the shop from you

3 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Kaaydool: 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
I'm sure if its a guy, u wont be here ranting. a simp spotted

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Contagious100d(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
I don't know why people use sentiment in whatever they are doing. You know it is your shop and your business and you are still asking what to do before thing s get out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Praktikals(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

Pls be very careful o. Those people can be very dangerous when it comes to religious matters.
My advice: Pretend as if you are not against it, then look for another excuse to disengage her

We4all:

I swear, loud it. They may decide to burn his shop if he sacks her.
If they burn the shop alone, will it not be better? They can kill him while chanting 'Allahu Akbar'

3 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Follak: 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
She is just being naive. The reading of Quran might be because of Ramadan. The Alfa might be a toaster. Don't take it too hard . Just call her attention to it. Firstly, you can give her 10 minutes to observe her prayers in the mosque and ask her not to recite her Quran loudly and that it is only for the period of Ramadan. Tell her if you don't like her receiving visitors at work except in the case of an emergency. End your discussion by praying for her. May the Almighty continue to bless our businesses

2 Likes

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Exology: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
My brother u sound weak.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Engryagulam(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

You have tried, not everybody will tolerate to the extend you did. Please tell her that the Alfa should stop coming to the shop, she can meet him elsewhere or in their school after her work. Also, how many times does she pray and why will you have to go our of the shop?
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Carparts888(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
Don't act like a simp, be the boss u are and don't allow it get too far like this to d extent of asking u to leave your own shop for her to pray.
In a structured organization, such is not allowed. The fact u allow her go to the mosque on Friday afternoon is already very generous of you.
Your now being taken for granted because your not firm, decisive and stand by rules.

1 Like

Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Streett: 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Re: Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! by Kay25(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
dboY1123:

You are not going too far ..business place has ethics to follow it is not a praying ground and secondly u better be in charge before they takeover from u...I pray nothing harmful neither their wayo ways will take over u oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / Ecobank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Ecobank Pay Their Staff? / Pharmacy Vs Nursing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.