Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 (2415 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / Prayer Points For 08/00/20 Pray With Psalm 2 / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 5:31am On Apr 17, 2022
The old testament was written in Aramaic but translated to English this has led christians being in dubious act with their religion mistranslating words from their original to suit their agenda

Example

JPS Tanakh 1917
Psalm 2 vs 12
Do homage in purity, lest He be angry, and ye perish in the way, When suddenly His wrath is kindled. Happy are all they that take refuge in Him.

New King James Version
Psalm 2 vs 12
Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

How does the word "kiss the son" and "do homage in purity" correlates that is the power of mistranslation by christians. Get the original language of the old testament and read for yourself so as to know how much more harm has been done.

One of the reasons why Muslims prefer to read the Quran in it's revealed language
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Apus: 5:36am On Apr 17, 2022
It's still the same.
Context can affect the meaning of a word.
Kissing(not Erotic type, which is why it's pure) is a way of paying homage in some culture. It's still in practice till today.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by advanceDNA: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2022
Apus:
It's still the same.
Context can affect the meaning of a word.
Kissing(not Erotic type, which is why it's pure) is a way of paying homage in some culture. It's still in practice till today.

U have time...they are not challenging to learn ...they came to ridicule with the aim to validate their own religion...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by thorpido(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2022
The Op just revealed his ignorance.smh

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

U have time...they are not challenging to learn ...they came to ridicule with the aim to validate their own religion...

Funny enough Islam can never stand along side true Christianity because ordinarily considering the FRUITAGE of pure worship will silence Islam completely. Matthew 7:16-18
In some cultures kissing is a way of showing you're in total agreement {Exodus 4:27; Romans 16:16; 1Peter 5:14} that's why Judas Iscariot KISSED Jesus in the presence of other Apostles in pretext that he's still loyal to his Lord! Luke 22:48

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 7:18am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Funny enough Islam can never stand along side true Christianity because ordinarily considering the FRUITAGE of pure worship will silence Islam completely. Matthew 7:16-18
In some cultures kissing is a way of showing you're in total agreement {Exodus 4:27; Romans 16:16; 1Peter 5:14} that's why Judas Iscariot KISSED Jesus in the presence of other Apostles in pretext that he's still loyal to his Lord! Luke 22:48

You had to to put "true Christianity" but I tell you, true Islam is defined in the Islamic texts.

True Christianity exists only in books outside the Bible.

To the substance of the thread, the Christians know their books are dubious.
They just decided to keep mute and accept it by faith & fate. Afterall where else can they be?

2 Likes

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2022
Erotic verses inspired in the Bible

Note that b* stands for the female Mammary organ!

1. The Prayer
Proverbs 5:18-19
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her b* satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

(Say Amen)

2. My Beloved
Song of Songs 1:13-14
13 My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh
resting between my b*.
14 My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms
from the vineyards of En Gedi.

3. Your B*
Song of Songs 4:5-6
5 Your b* are like two fawns,
like twin fawns of a gazelle
that browse among the lilies.
6 Until the day breaks
and the shadows flee,
I will go to the mountain of myrrh
and to the hill of incense.

4. More description
Song of Songs 7:7-8
7 Your stature is like that of the palm,
and your b* like clusters of fruit.
8 I said, “I will climb the palm tree;
I will take hold of its fruit.”
May your b* be like clusters of grapes on the vine,
the fragrance of your breath like apples,

5. Kiss of life
Song of Songs 8:1
8 If only you were to me like a brother,
who was nursed at my mother’s b*!
Then, if I found you outside,
I would kiss you,
and no one would despise me.

6. Little sister with no B*
Song of Songs 8:8-10
8 We have a little sister,
and her b* are not yet grown.
What shall we do for our sister
on the day she is spoken for?
9 If she is a wall,
we will build towers of silver on her.
If she is a door,
we will enclose her with panels of cedar.

7. B* like towers
Song of Songs 8:10
10 I am a wall,
and my b* are like towers.
Thus I have become in his eyes
like one bringing contentment. embarassed

Haekymbahd kindly tell Apus to help explain the contexts, thorpido to school our ignorance, advanceddna to be our moderator while Maxindhouse to help us find another name for b* as used in the passages.

Sagenaija which one of these verses can you teach your daughter to memorize before 5?

Dtruthspeaker should tell us his favorite among them.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

You had to to put "true Christianity" but I tell you, true Islam is defined in the Islamic texts.
True Christianity exists only in books outside the Bible.
To the substance of the thread, the Christians know their books are dubious.
They just decided to keep mute and accept it by faith & fate. Afterall where else they be?

Keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
I know that there's no truth in Islam that's why you can't present any group practicing your religion in the right sense.
Just present a sect in Islam that's practicing what that book says so we can know that those killing people up and down are FAKE! cheesy
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
I know that there's no truth in Islam that's why you can't present any group practicing your religion in the right sense.
Just present a sect in Islam that's practicing what that book says so we can know that those killing people up and down are FAKE! cheesy

Quick question! Which group was practicing the true Christianity you have 300 years ago?

2 Likes

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Quick question! Which group was practicing the true Christianity you have 300 years ago?

Why not do yourself a favour by reading what Jesus taught and figure out the answer yourself?

Well the answer to your question is NONE!

About 200 years after Jesus' ascension there was no GROUP practicing what Jesus taught on planet earth again not until 1914 when he returned as a mighty spirit King and began gathering honest hearted people again! Luke 18:8

Stubbornness won't help you my friend, that is the absolute TRUTH! smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 8:02am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why not do yourself a favour by reading what Jesus taught and figure out the answer yourself?

Well the answer to your question is NONE!

About 200 years after Jesus' ascension there was no GROUP practicing what Jesus taught on planet earth again not until 1914 when he returned as a mighty spirit King and began gathering honest hearted people again! Luke 18:8

Stubbornness won't help you my friend, that is the absolute TRUTH! smiley

O Jesus returned in 1914 with Lord lugard or who?

I thought Jesus was a black man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Apr 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

O Jesus returned in 1914 with Lord lugard or who?
I thought Jesus was a black man!
OK let's turn the matter to jokes! grin

Before 200 years after Jesus' ascension to the heavens his disciples were known for preaching and teaching in all the province of the Mediterranean Sea, they visit their neighbours in their homes, they don't support politicians so as not to damper the love among themselves, they're easygoing and obedient to the authorities so they don't join in protests against constituted authorities!
Before 1914 there was no group practicing this so if someone should ask you about Jesus and his disciples a sincere and honest hearted answer from you should be

"Christians have different denominations"

Or

"i only know a group called JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES"

Well you and i may have been raised in Islam but i'm not going to deceive myself when i can see the truth! smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2022
The book of 1Samuel 13:1 and its translation in variois versions of the Bible has caused a great embarrassment for Christian apologists even Apus, thorpido, advanceddna and Maxindhouse would be flabbergasted at this verse.

1.NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
Saul was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned over Israel forty- two years.

2. ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION
Saul lived for one year and then became king, and when he had reigned for two years over Israel.

3. KING JAMES BIBLE
Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned two years over Israel

4. NET BIBLE
Saul was [thirty] years old when he began to reign; he ruled over Israel for [forty] years.

5. NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE 1977
Saul was forty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty-two years over Israel.

6. JPS TANAKH 1917
Saul was --years old when he began to reign; and two years he reigned over Israel.

7. AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION
Saul was forty years old when he began to reign; and when he had reigned two years over Israel

8. YOUNG'S LITERAL VERSION
A son of a year is Saul in his reigning, yea, two years he hath reigned over Israel.

Apus, thorpido, advanceddna, Maxindhouse, sagenaija, dtruthspeaker which version above is most correct?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by sagenaija: 9:13am On Apr 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

The book of 1Samuel 13:1 and its translation in variois versions of the Bible has caused a great embarrassment for Christian apologists even Apus, thorpido, advanceddna and Maxindhouse would be flabbergasted at this verse.

1.NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
Saul was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned over Israel forty- two years.

2. ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION
Saul lived for one year and then became king, and when he had reigned for two years over Israel.

3. KING JAMES BIBLE
Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned two years over Israel

4. NET BIBLE
Saul was [thirty] years old when he began to reign; he ruled over Israel for [forty] years.

5. NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE 1977
Saul was forty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty-two years over Israel.

6. JPS TANAKH 1917
Saul was --years old when he began to reign; and two years he reigned over Israel.

7. AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION
Saul was forty years old when he began to reign; and when he had reigned two years over Israel

8. YOUNG'S LITERAL VERSION
A son of a year is Saul in his reigning, yea, two years he hath reigned over Israel

This is what your fellow Mohamedan haekymbahd wrote some time ago arguing for the Koran:
in Arabic a word might have different meanings when translating to English so don't compare Arabic to English.
Now when it comes to the Bible you suddenly develop amnesia and forget that what you quoted there are translations.

Unlike the Koran that has over 30 Arabic versions the Bible does not have multiple versions in the original.
You can choose to be serious and objective or you can continue you comical clownish displays. My advice is for you to follow the resurrection and the life and leave your path that is without hope.

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2022
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
This is what your fellow Mohamedan haekymbahd wrote some time ago arguing for the Koran:

Now when it comes to the Bible you suddenly develop amnesia and forget that what you quoted there are translations.

Unlike the Koran that has over 30 Arabic versions the Bible does not have multiple versions in the original.
You can choose to be serious and objective or you can continue you comical clownish displays. My advice is for you to follow the resurrection and the life and leave your path that is without hope.

I like your linguistic gymnastics and seemingly diversion strategy.

Can your in one sentence tell us in simple English what that verse says?

Read the version blunders in red!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 9:42am On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OK let's turn the matter to jokes! grin

Before 200 years after Jesus' ascension to the heavens his disciples were known for preaching and teaching in all the province of the Mediterranean Sea, they visit their neighbours in their homes, they don't support politicians so as not to damper the love among themselves, they're easygoing and obedient to the authorities so they don't join in protests against constituted authorities!
Before 1914 there was no group practicing this so if someone should ask you about Jesus and his disciples a sincere and honest hearted answer from you should be

"Christians have different denominations"

Or

"i only know a group called JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES"

Well you and i may have been raised in Islam but i'm not going to deceive myself when i can see the truth! smiley

His disciples were alive after 200 years?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Broveens42(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

His disciples were alive after 200 years?

grin
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
ANOTHER ONE!

O LORD I THANK YOU O, YOU HEAR MY PRAYER AND ARE DEFINITELY COMING CLOSER. THE WAY YOUR PERSECUTION AND BLASPHEMIES HAVE INCREASED THESE DAYS IS A SURE SIGN!

haekymbahd:

How does the word "kiss the son" and "do homage in purity" correlates that is the power of mistranslation by christians. Get the original language of the old testament and read for yourself so as to know how much more harm has been done.

The movie "The Godfather" and other mafia/king movies show you that "great respect and homage was even giving to a Ruler by planting lips on his hands.

Therefore, there is no misinterpretation Just the evil imagination of a son of evil.

SO, IT IS YOU WHO IS CORRUPT!

O Lord please, hurry!

Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by mhmsadyq(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
ANOTHER ONE!

O LORD I THANK YOU O, YOU HEAR MY PRAYER AND ARE DEFINITELY COMING CLOSER. THE WAY YOUR PERSECUTION AND BLASPHEMIES HAVE INCREASED THESE DAYS IS A SURE SIGN!

The movie "The Godfather" and other mafia/king movies show you that "great respect and homage was even giving to a Ruler by planting lips on his hands.

Therefore, there is no misinterpretation Just the evil imagination of a son of evil.

O Lord please, hurry!

Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.

LOL!
This Judge too funny!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
ANOTHER ONE!

O Lord please, hurry!

Same way way your colleagues are blaspheming and persecuting God on the other side...

Your prayer can never be answered cos you are evil. Repent now and live
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
haekymbahd:
Same way way your colleagues are blaspheming and persecuting God on the other side...

Therefore you commit sin because others commit sin.

O LORD, IT IS TIME TO JUDGE!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Therefore you commit sin because others commit sin.

[/b]O LORD, IT IS TIME TO JUDGE![b]

You dictate for your god?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

You dictate for your god?

Nope! But I sure can entreat Him
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Nope! But I sure can entreat Him

You need not, he is all knowing right? he knows what he is doing.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

You need not, he is all knowing right? he knows what he is doing.

Yes I need not to but I like entreating Him and I have a right to entreat Him!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes I need not to but I like entreating Him and I have a right to entreat Him!

What’s the “but” doesn’t he know about your “entreat” before you even thought of it?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

What’s the “but” doesn’t he know about your “entreat” before you even thought of it?

The "but" is to show that I am the one acting under my Lawful Rights!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The "but" is to show that I am the one acting under my Lawful Rights!

Your god didn’t know that you will “entreat” him before you even did it?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Your god didn’t know that you will “entreat” him before you even did it?

When you see Him, you can ask Him.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When you see Him, you can ask Him.

He told you personally to entreat him?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

He told you personally to entreat him?

What He tells me or does not tell me is no concern of yours!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What He tells me or does not tell me is no concern of yours!

Ride on believer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prayers To Satan:a General Prayer / Where Are God's Artifacts? The Stone Tablets, Arron's Rod, The Cross, Arketc / Atheists Becoming More Aggressive In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.