Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 (2461 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / Prayer Points For 08/00/20 Pray With Psalm 2 / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:

"And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 104)

A Muslim can worship in any mosque in the world can you as a Christian go to any church to worship.

Can a Shia Muslim lead prayers in a sunni mosque?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Can a Shia Muslim lead prayers in a sunni mosque?
Yes. In the absence of an appointed imam any Muslim male present may lead the prayer, though the custom is to grant the privilege to the eldest or the one most-versed in the Qur’an. The fact the he is Shi’a does not invalidate the prayer. What is not accepted is innovation (bidahj) in prayer. If the leader started to utter words contrary to the Qur’an and Sunnah he must be dismissed immediately and another candidate found for the post.

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Yes. In the absence of an appointed imam any Muslim male present may lead the prayer, though the custom is to grant the privilege to the eldest or the one most-versed in the Qur’an. The fact the he is Shi’a does not invalidate the prayer. What is not accepted is innovation (bidahj) in prayer. If the leader started to utter words contrary to the Qur’an and Sunnah he must be dismissed immediately and another candidate found for the post.

So he has to use the sunnah which is specific for Sunni Muslims?
Why can’t he use Shia practices to pray?
The same way you have set of rules on how to pray, is the same way these other doctrines have too.

you want a Catholic to go pray in a Jehovah witness church yet you won’t allow a Shia Muslim to lead prayers in a Sunni mosque using his own mode of praying.

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 10:01am On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

I hope you are as critical to Islam as you are to Christianity. wink

Why would i when i am a Muslim?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

So he has to use the sunnah which is specific for Sunni Muslims?
Why can’t he use Shia practices to pray?
The same way you have set of rules on how to pray, is the same way these other doctrines have too.

you want a Catholic to go pray in a Jehovah witness church yet you won’t allow a Shia Muslim to lead prayers in a Sunni mosque using his own mode of praying.

The Sunni are the upholders of the Prophet's way while the Shia are those who split from it. They are known by the abuse and cursing of the foremost companions of the Prophet. In this case, i don't think any of the common Christian sects abuse the disciples of Jesus like the Shia do of the companions of the Prophet most of which they call disbelievers.

Your comparison and logic of pitting the Sunni against the Shiites is not the same as that of the Christians as Christians have denominations, Churches which number in thousands.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why would i when i am a Muslim?

You mean you don’t want to be critical as you are about Christianity to Islam?
Or are you saying all your statements about Christianity are critical but not true? You are just catching fun?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

The Sunni are the upholders of the Prophet's way while the Shia are those who split from it. They are known by the abuse and cursing of the foremost companions of the Prophet. In this case, i don't think any of the common Christian sects abuse the disciples of Jesus like the Shia do of the companions of the Prophet most of which they call disbelievers.

Your comparison and logic of pitting the Sunni against the Shiites is not the same as that of the Christians as Christians have denominations, Churches which number in thousands.

The same way you are giving excuses for sunni Islam because you were specifically born into that doctrine, is the same way a Shia Muslim will claim ownership too.
We have to get a Shia Muslim here so he can defend his part too.

So at the end of the day you won’t allow a Shia Muslim to lead prayer in your mosque, now you are changing it to “Jesus Christ” not the example about “church” again.
Is the Shia Muslim not praying to the same Allah? Or mosque?
Keep giving excuses for your doctrine, let others do too.
If you were born in IRAN, Sunnis will be the one that erred.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:

A Muslim can worship in any mosque in the world does that not show love and peace can you as a Christian go to any church to worship does that show love and peace.

This is where wisdom is justified! Luke 7:35

If a sect claims they're Muslims but eating pork meat and beer as breakfast, i will not accept them as Muslims not because i want to support any group but because that's what Muhammad and your Allah forbids.
If a sect claims they're Muslims but using masquerades during their festivals, i will not accept them as Muslims not because i want to support any group but because your Allah and Muhammad forbids it.

A Christian can worship in any Kingdom Hall throughout the earth because globally we have the same line of thought. John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10

Satan deceived you as you're hypocritically calling all sects claiming Christians "followers of Christ" instead of reading what Jesus taught and using that as a basis to IDENTIFY his true disciples you just want to mix it up in order to authenticate your own religion.
My friend in that way you're deceiving yourself! smiley

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by elated177: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

You are the one wailing here. And i'm not mocking Jesus here at all. Jesus wailed at those Bible verses in the given context. Is Jesus's wailing inappropriate or how is that counted as mocking the Biblical Jesus?

Great men under the influence of inspiration!

Was Luke under such influence when he said:
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Luke 1:1-4

This verse summarizes your Bible that people were just writing about things that happened as they received it from unnamed eyewitnesses....

I have given you more attention than you deserve.

Open more threads and continue to wail. You will achieve nothing.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2022
elated177:

I have given you more attention than you deserve.

Open more threads and continue to wail. You will achieve nothing.
grin
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Ken4Christ: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:

"And Allah will save those who feared Him by their attainment; no evil will touch them, nor will they grieve."
(QS. Az-Zumar 39: Verse 61)

"O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him]."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 102)

"And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 103)

OK, please interpret this verse for me.

Sura 46:9: Tell them: “I am not the first of the Messengers; and I do not know what shall be done with me or with you. I follow only what is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.”
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The same way you are giving excuses for sunni Islam because you were specifically born into that doctrine, is the same way a Shia Muslim will claim ownership too.

So at the end of the day you won’t allow a Shia Muslim to lead prayer in your mosque, now you are changing it to “Jesus Christ” not the example about “church” again.
No there is a clear difference, Yes. Shiites and Sunnis can pray in a mosque. Together , they can participate in congregational prayers. The Qur'an and the Qibla are the same for all Muslims. They must be united.

The difference between Sunni and Shia prayer is time. Whereas Catholic and Jehovah witness and protestants cannot Pray together there is sharp difference in their doctrine. Jehovah witness can't pray to Mary nor do they believe Jesus is Almighty God so how can they pray together.

All Muslims believe this irrespective of sect beleive the 5 pillars of islam

1. Beleive there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is messenger

2. Prayer (5 times daily but different times)

3. Fasting

4. Zaakat

5. Pilgrimage (Hajj)

Both Sunni and Shia beleive in the Quran and that is what is being recited in Muslim prayer.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
No there is a clear difference, Yes. Shiites and Sunnis can pray in a mosque. Together , they can participate in congregational prayers. The Qur'an and the Qibla are the same for all Muslims. They must be united.

The difference between Sunni and Shia prayer time. Whereas Catholic and Jehovah witness and protestants cannot Pray together there is sharp difference in their doctrine. Jehovah witness can't pray to Mary nor do they believe Jesus is Almighty God so how can they pray together.

All Muslims believe this irrespective of sect beleive the 5 pillars of islam

1. Beleive there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is messenger

2. Prayer (5 times daily but different times)

3. Fasting

4. Zaakat

5. Pilgrimage (Hajj)

Both Sunni and Shia beleive in the Quran and that is what is being recited in Muslim prayer.

Noise.
What I asked was, can a Shia Muslim lead a prayer in a mosque irrespective it it is Shia or Sunni mosque
The difference between Sunni and Shia is more than prayer time.
There’s a sharp difference between y’all both, to the extent that a Shia Muslim won’t give his/her daughter to a Sunni Muslim.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Noise.
What I asked was, can a Shia Muslim lead a prayer in a mosque irrespective it it is Shia or Sunni mosque
The difference between Sunni and Shia is more than prayer time.
Yes you are right but when it comes to congregational prayer they can pray together.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Yes

lol. If you say so.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Yes you are right but when it comes to congregational prayer they can pray together.

Yes, same for Christians too.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

OK, please interpret this verse for me.

Sura 46:9: Tell them: “I am not the first of the Messengers; and I do not know what shall be done with me or with you. I follow only what is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.”
I hope you will understand it better in this form. He was talking about life on here on earth. Muhammed was only making the people know he is not God nor divine but only a messenger that whatever he say was revelation.

Allah SWT said:

"Say: ‘I am not a novelty, unprecedented, among the messengers, that is to say, [I am not] the first to be sent [by God as His Messenger]. Already many of them have come before me, so how can you deny me? Nor do I know what will be done with me or with you, in this world: will I be made to leave my [native] land, or will I be slain as was done with [some] prophets before me, or will you stone me to death, or will the earth be made to swallow you as [it did] deniers before you? I only follow what is revealed to me, that is, the Qur’ān, and I do not invent anything myself. And I am only a plain warner’, one whose warning is plain."
(QS. Al-Ahqaf 46: Verse 9)

Allah SWT said:

"Whoever should think that Allah will not support [Prophet Muhammad] in this world and the Hereafter - let him extend a rope to the ceiling, then cut off [his breath], and let him see: will his effort remove that which enrages [him]?"
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 15)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

And who told you there are no Sunnis in Iran at all? Who told you i was born a Sunni?
Everyone will have proof for what s/he follows but the truth is one.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

And who told you there are no Sunnis in Iran at all? Who told you i was born a Sunni?
Everyone will have proof for what s/he follows but the truth is one.

What’s the percentage?
Aren’t you lucky? You were born in Nigeria where Christianity and Sunni Islam are the majority.
You are worshipping a Semitic god.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Ken4Christ: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
I hope you will understand it better in this form. He was talking about life on here on earth

Allah SWT said:

"Say: ‘I am not a novelty, unprecedented, among the messengers, that is to say, [I am not] the first to be sent [by God as His Messenger]. Already many of them have come before me, so how can you deny me? Nor do I know what will be done with me or with you, in this world: will I be made to leave my [native] land, or will I be slain as was done with [some] prophets before me, or will you stone me to death, or will the earth be made to swallow you as [it did] deniers before you? I only follow what is revealed to me, that is, the Qur’ān, and I do not invent anything myself. And I am only a plain warner’, one whose warning is plain."
(QS. Al-Ahqaf 46: Verse 9)

Allah SWT said:

"Whoever should think that Allah will not support [Prophet Muhammad] in this world and the Hereafter - let him extend a rope to the ceiling, then cut off [his breath], and let him see: will his effort remove that which enrages [him]?"
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 15)

A true Prophet should know what is going to happen to him. This is why they are called Prophets. Jesus knew he will be crucified and he knew he will rise on the third day.

Mohammed knows nothing about what will happen to him or what will be done with him and his followers. Does that not question his claim that he was truly sent God?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

What’s the percentage?
Even if it is 1%. There are still Sunnis there. And they pray in mosques.

Aren’t you lucky? You were born in Nigeria where Christianity and Sunni Islam are the majority.
Yet even here you call majority we still have Shiites.
You are worshipping a Semitic god.
If "Semitic" is from Shem and Shem if from Noah then you may be right. Our God is the same God Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Enoch, Isaac, Ishmael, David, Solomon, Jonah, Lot,............, and Jesus worshiped.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Even if it is 1%. There are still Sunnis there. And they pray in mosques.

Yet even here you call majority we still have Shiites.
If "Semitic" is from Shem and Shem if from Noah then you may be right. Our God is the same God Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Enoch, Isaac, Ishmael, David, Solomon, Jonah, Lot,............, and Jesus worshiped.
Majority of Muslims here are Sunnis.
*If Semitic is from Shem, why don’t you find out? Why live a lie?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

A true Prophet should know what is going to happen to him. This is why they are called Prophets. Jesus knew he will be crucified and he knew he will rise on the third day.

Mohammed knows nothing about what will happen to him or what will be done with him and his followers. Does that not question his claim that he was truly sent God?
Did Jesus the christ knew God would forsake him on the cross?

Mathew 27
46 And about the ninth hour (three o'clock) Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?--that is, My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me [leaving Me [l]helpless, forsaking and failing Me in My need]?

Did Jesus know about the hour

Mathew 24
36 But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Allah SWT said:

"[Remember, O Muhammad], when Allah showed them to you in your dream as few; and if He had shown them to you as many, you [believers] would have lost courage and would have disputed in the matter [of whether to fight], but Allah saved [you from that]. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts."
(QS. Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 43)

"And [remember] when He showed them to you, when you met, as few in your eyes, and He made you [appear] as few in their eyes so that Allah might accomplish a matter already destined. And to Allah are [all] matters returned."
(QS. Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 44)

Allah gives Muhammad notice about what to come in future through dreams and revelation but Muhammad himself cannot know for himself so that destiny can be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Majority of Muslims here are Sunnis.
No doubt. But Shittes still have a considerable % even if it's about 10%.
*If Semitic is from Shem, why don’t you find out? Why live a lie?

Where is the lie? Why not bring the truth with proof?
Anyways Whether Semites are from Shem or not does not define my way of life. God is independent of people, race, language, etc. Many Prophets spoke Hebrew, Some Aramaic and the last Arabic. And there can be several other languages from other nations. And yet Islam believed in their messages however extant.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
No doubt. But Shittes still have a considerable % even if it's about 10%.

Where is the lie? Why not bring the truth with proof?
Anyways Whether Semites are from Shem or not does not define my way of life. God is independent of people, race, language, etc. Many Prophets spoke Hebrew, Some Aramaic and the last Arabic. And there can be several other languages from other nations. And yet Islam believed in their messages however extant.

So why are you not a Shia?

Shem is not even a tribe.

Allah comes from a Semitic god, EL.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

So why are you not a Shia?
Shia splitted from the main group. I belong to the main group of Muslims.

Shem is not even a tribe.
I wrote Semite in the last response. Shem is a descendant of Noah.

Allah comes from a Semitic god, EL.

Who recognizes El in Arabic as Allah?

And where do you see Allah represented by an idol?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Shia splitted from the main group. I belong to the main group of Muslims.

I wrote Semite in the last response. Shem is a descendant of Noah.

Who recognizes El in Arabic as Allah?

And where do you see Allah represented by an idol?

You are saying shia separated because you are a Sunni.

History recognizes that Allah got his origin from Aramaic language, one of the language of the Semitic people.
Who is the “Semitic god”

You said semites are from Shem right?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

You are saying shia separated because you are a Sunni.
Who are the Shia? When did they split out from the main Muslims?

History recognizes that Allah got his origin from Aramaic language, one of the language of the Semitic people.

Wisdom tells us there's only one God who created all things.

Who is the “Semitic god”
A god is an idol that can't create itself or anything.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
Who are the Shia? When did they split out from the main Muslims?

Wisdom tells us there's only one God who created all things.

A god is an idol that can't create itself or anything.

Who are the Sunnis, why did they split out from the main Islam. You are just giving excuses of your doctrine.

Wisdom didn’t tell you that “God” is not a Aramaic or Arabic word?

Yes exactly what your Allah is, one of the idols of the Semitic people.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Who are the Sunnis, why did they split out from the main Islam. You are just giving excuses of your doctrine.
And what are you doing? Giving excuses against it?

Wisdom didn’t tell you that “God” is not a Aramaic or Arabic word?
Did i say God was Aramaic or Arabic before? A couple of responses ago i said God is independent of something among which language is. Don't know why you are so forgetful and arrogant like this?

Yes exactly what your Allah is, one of the idols of the Semitic people.

Bring your proof(s) if you are not ignorant and arrogant!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by do4luv14(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
advanceDNA:

U have time...they are not challenging to learn ...they came to ridicule with the aim to validate their own religion...

he should beware of them,

it had been written Emphasis 4:14
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why not do yourself a favour by reading what Jesus taught and figure out the answer yourself?

Well the answer to your question is NONE!

About 200 years after Jesus' ascension there was no GROUP practicing what Jesus taught on planet earth again not until 1914 when he returned as a mighty spirit King and began gathering honest hearted people again! Luke 18:8

Stubbornness won't help you my friend, that is the absolute TRUTH! smiley
Mr.man how did Christ return in 1914
Where is it indicated in the scriptures that Christ parousia was in 1914?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dispensationalism Is A Pseudo-christian Cult. / Is Akin Adebayo A Celestial Or Of Apostolic Church? / Where Is Sonoflucifer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.