Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,334 members, 7,864,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 (2463 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / Prayer Points For 08/00/20 Pray With Psalm 2 / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Ken4Christ: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Did Jesus the christ knew God would forsake him on the cross?

Mathew 27
46 And about the ninth hour (three o'clock) Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?--that is, My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me [leaving Me [l]helpless, forsaking and failing Me in My need]?

Did Jesus know about the hour

Mathew 24
36 But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Allah SWT said:

"[Remember, O Muhammad], when Allah showed them to you in your dream as few; and if He had shown them to you as many, you [believers] would have lost courage and would have disputed in the matter [of whether to fight], but Allah saved [you from that]. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts."
(QS. Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 43)

"And [remember] when He showed them to you, when you met, as few in your eyes, and He made you [appear] as few in their eyes so that Allah might accomplish a matter already destined. And to Allah are [all] matters returned."
(QS. Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 44)

Allah gives Muhammad notice about what to come in future through dreams and revelation but Muhammad himself cannot know for himself so that destiny can be fulfilled.

Did your Mohammed receive instruction from the same God Jesus unveiled? If yes, why are the attributes of Allah in the Quran different from the God revealed in the Bible? If they are not the same person, one of them must be an imposter.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OK let's turn the matter to jokes! grin

Before 200 years after Jesus' ascension to the heavens his disciples were known for preaching and teaching in all the province of the Mediterranean Sea, they visit their neighbours in their homes, they don't support politicians so as not to damper the love among themselves, they're easygoing and obedient to the authorities so they don't join in protests against constituted authorities!
Before 1914 there was no group practicing this so if someone should ask you about Jesus and his disciples a sincere and honest hearted answer from you should be

"Christians have different denominations"

Or

"i only know a group called JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES"

Well you and i may have been raised in Islam but i'm not going to deceive myself when i can see the truth! smiley
Before 1914
We had William Miller, Albert Barnes, Henry Grew, George Storrs, George Stetson etc.
We had numerous people going about doing some form of pastoral work majority being the Adventist
Even John Wycliffe had disciples known as "Lollards"who shared the gospel message and read the Bible in English to the common people.
Common man!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Mr.man how did Christ return in 1914
Where is it indicated in the scriptures that Christ parousia was in 1914?

Mrs woman i owe you no explanation this is between two persons so try to ignore as you often does! wink
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Before 1914
We had William Miller, Albert Barnes, Henry Grew, George Storrs, George Stetson etc.
We had numerous people going about doing some form of pastoral work majority being the Adventist
Even John Wycliffe had disciples known as "Lollards"who shared the gospel message and read the Bible in English to the common people.
Common man!

I thought you wanted to turn it into a joke! smiley

Guy if you've found my post intriguing do yourself a favour by meditating thoroughly on our conversation. I'm not one of misinformed Churchgoers who have no evidence of what they're saying.

Of course there were many people during the DARK AGES who tried to decipher what Jesus taught and find a way to implement it but since the Antichrist is still holding them captives their effort can't be noticed, that's why they all ended up becoming churches of Christendom who can't exhibit the attributes of Christ Jesus.
The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses back then was also part of them not until Jesus chose the group for one reason: they were willing to make amendments in the things they took from the AntiChrist like:
Immortality of the soul.
All good people goes to heaven.
Pagan festivals.
Refusal to go visiting people in their homes.
Picking up weapons in support of politics.
And many more!

These are the WORKS Jesus was doing underG with the group until JEHOVAH now adopted this group as His worshipers and gave them another name in the year 1931, that is the year we began bearing the group name:

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15 smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Mrs woman i owe you no explanation this is between two persons so try to ignore as you often does! wink
The earlier you discover that 1914 fraud the better for you
You can't prove something but youre promoting it and saying it with conviction
I don't blame you cus you've never studied history & archaeology; neither doing a contextual analysis of scripture
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

The earlier you discover that 1914 fraud the better for you
You can't prove something but youre promoting it and saying it with conviction
I don't blame you cus you've never studied history & archaeology; neither doing a contextual analysis of scripture

Thanks for your contribution Ma! cheesy
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you wanted to turn it into a joke! smiley

Guy if you've found my post intriguing do yourself a favour by meditating thoroughly on our conversation. I'm not one of misinformed Churchgoers who have no evidence of what they're saying.

Of course there were many people during the DARK AGES who tried to decipher what Jesus taught and find a way to implement it but since the Antichrist is still holding them captives their effort can't be noticed, that's why they all ended up becoming churches of Christendom who can't exhibit the attributes of Christ Jesus.
The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses back then was also part of them not until Jesus chose the group for one reason: they were willing to make amendments in the things they took from the AntiChrist like:
Immortality of the soul.
All good people goes to heaven.
Pagan festivals.
Refusal to go visiting people in their homes.
Picking up weapons in support of politics.
And many more!

These are the WORKS Jesus was doing underG with the group until JEHOVAH now adopted this group as His worshipers and gave them another name in the year 1931, that is the year we began bearing the group name:

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15 smiley
Jehovah never gave the then Bible students any name.
Isa 65:15 potrays a court session in which Jehovah proclaims the Israelites as his witnesses.
The early Bible students alongside the advents did not believe in 'inherent' immortality of the soul.
The name JW was given by Rutherford in 1931 in a convention at cedar point.
I will like to conclude with one of Russell's greatest writings: ".......We call ourselves simply CHRISTIANS and we
raise no fence to separate from us any who believe in the foundation stone
of our building mentioned by Paul: “That Christ died for our sins according
to the Scriptures”; and those for whom this is not broad enough have no right
to the name Christian.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

Jehovah never gave the then Bible students any name.
Isa 65:15 potrays a court session in which Jehovah proclaims the Israelites as his witnesses.
The early Bible students alongside the advents did not believe in 'inherent' immortality of the soul.
The name JW was given by Rutherford in 1931 in a convention at cedar point.
I will like to conclude with one of Russell's greatest writings: ".......We call ourselves simply CHRISTIANS and we
raise no fence to separate from us any who believe in the foundation stone
of our building mentioned by Paul: “That Christ died for our sins according
to the Scriptures”; and those for whom this is not broad enough have no right
to the name Christian.

Do you truthfully want to discuss politely without throwing insults because i respect everyone and i'll like to be respected too.
So if you're open to tactful discussion i'll chat with you but if you're not pleased i'll just ignore by saying "thanks for your contribution Ma" smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you truthfully want to discuss politely without throwing insults because i respect everyone and i'll like to be respected too.
So if you're open to tactful discussion i'll chat with you but if you're not pleased i'll just ignore by saying "thanks for your contribution Ma" smiley
Did I use any curse word in my comment?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

AgirlsNightmAre:

Maximus stop this nonsense, stop taking scripture out of context
There's nothing like GB in the scriptures

You and i have met on this forum once and it's not an encouraging chat so if you're now ready to discuss friendly i'm also available! smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
AgirlsNightmAre:

I thought it's AntiChristian that i responded to in the other post!

Well if you must know Russell is not the owner of the group rather he was part of those used by Jesus to build the group. So himself and all others like him had limited knowledge and understanding of the organization under construction in the hands of Jesus Christ.
The name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES was announced in 1931 but according to the scriptures it is JEHOVAH Himself that started calling the newly reformed group of obedient humans by another name, Rutherford only happens to be an instrument in JEHOVAH'S hands. That's what only this group has improved rapidly in conforming all their activities to Jesus' teachings.

I discovered that you're more active on the Romans section than the religion but do you know why? smiley
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Did your Mohammed receive instruction from the same God Jesus unveiled? If yes, why are the attributes of Allah in the Quran different from the God revealed in the Bible? If they are not the same person, one of them must be an imposter.
Same thing the followers of Moses (Jews) will say to the follower of Jesus (christians) and the more reason they rejected him.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
And what are you doing? Giving excuses against it?

Did i say God was Aramaic or Arabic before? A couple of responses ago i said God is independent of something among which language is. Don't know why you are so forgetful and arrogant like this?

Bring your proof(s) if you are not ignorant and arrogant!

God has his origin, go and search it before you equate it to your Allah.
You’ve already seen the proof, you are just in denial.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Ken4Christ: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
Same thing the followers of Moses (Jews) will say to the follower of Jesus (christians) and the more reason they rejected him.

Their rejection of Christ is to fulfill prophecy. But they will later turn back to him in the future after they will be deceived by a false Christ.

In any case, both the Jews and the Christians believe in the same God. But the Allah of your Quran is a complete different personality. And you have to do your study on which one is the true God. The mistake of worshipping a wrong God will end you in hell. And it will be for eternity. The pain and torment is unbearable. It is better one is not born than to end up in that terrible pit.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Their rejection of Christ is to fulfill prophecy. But they will later turn back to him in the future after they will be deceived by a false Christ.

In any case, both the Jews and the Christians believe in the same God. But the Allah of your Quran is a complete different personality. And you have to do your study on which one is the true God. The mistake of worshipping a wrong God will end you in hell. And it will be for eternity. The pain and torment is unbearable. It is better one is not born than to end up in that terrible pit.

Are you talking for the Jew because I am 100% sure the Jews will reject the claim that they worship the same God as christian as there is no correlation. You are only trying to link your God to the one of the Jews which is totally different...
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by elated177: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:
grin

I can see that you are restless because of the Set-apart Spirit-inspired Word of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
elated177:

I can see that you are restless because of the Set-apart Spirit-inspired Word of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth.

This yhwh or another one?
Y’all left Yahweh father, Elohim to worship Yahweh. Not fair oo.

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by elated177: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
AntiChristian:

You are the one wailing here. And i'm not mocking Jesus here at all. Jesus wailed at those Bible verses in the given context. Is Jesus's wailing inappropriate or how is that counted as mocking the Biblical Jesus?

Great men under the influence of inspiration!

Was Luke under such influence when he said:
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Luke 1:1-4

This verse summarizes your Bible that people were just writing about things that happened as they received it from unnamed eyewitnesses....

Let me give you a little more attention.

How am I the one wailing? Explain it to me.

Is it not from the anguish of your heart that you open all these threads? What else, exactly.

What is really wrong with Luke 1: 1-4? You quoted that portion of the Scripture because I said they were written by great men under the influence and inspiration of the Set-apart Spirit of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth? Really!

Ok! Let us look at the Scripture.

Luke 1: Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

1: The events were not hidden. Many people saw and witnessed them. Some had already made compilations of what they saw and heard and experienced as they were led by the Spirit.

2. Yes! There were many eyewitnesses. They saw, heard and experienced, first hand, all the events that transpired during Yahushua's physical time on earth. Such things weren't done in secret. Many of them were servants/disciples of Yahushua the Messiah, the WORD.

3: The writer, after thorough investigations, put into writing everything that transpired as he heard from the eyewitnesses. It is important to point out that such eyewitnesses were followers of Yahushua the Messiah, the Word.

4: Even Theophilus himself had already been taught the Way.

So, yes, antichristian, the writer of the book of Luke was inspired to carry out such great work.

You left the one below.

Acts 1: 1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Yahushua began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Set-apart Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of YHVH.

AntiChristian:

b] This verse summarizes your Bible that people were just writing about things that happened as they received it from unnamed eyewitnesses....[/b]

Nope! You are wrong. The verses do not summarize my Scriptures. There is nothing wrong with what the writer of the book of Luke did. He was a servant of the Word. If he wasn't he wouldn't have done such great work.

What about the books of John, James, Peter, Timothy, Romans, Corinthians, Revelation, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, were they also written by those who depended on the accounts of the eyewitnesses?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by haekymbahd(m): 3:14am On Apr 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:

You said they will later turn back what about those that have and will die before then will they also turn back to him.

I can as well say Jews, Christians and Muslims beleive in the same God. Bring a Jew here and ask him/her if they beleive or worship the same God as christians don't talk for them. I think we have some Jews here too. The truth is the God of Jews and Christians is not the same. Which ever way you look at it Jesus is not the God of the Jews.

When it comes to study I think over 1.8 billion adherent and a religion termed as the fastest growing then it's adherent must have done their study before wanting to die as Muslims. I personally have made mine and I believe in Islam.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2022
elated177:

Let me give you a little more attention.

How am I the one wailing? Explain it to me.

Is it not from the anguish of your heart that you open all these threads? What else, exactly.

What is really wrong with Luke 1: 1-4? You quoted that portion of the Scripture because I said they were written by great men under the influence and inspiration of the Set-apart Spirit of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth? Really!

Ok! Let us look at the Scripture.

Luke 1: Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

1: The events were not hidden. Many people saw and witnessed them. Some had already made compilations of what they saw and heard and experienced as they were led by the Spirit.

2. Yes! There were many eyewitnesses. They saw, heard and experienced, first hand, all the events that transpired during Yahushua's physical time on earth. Such things weren't done in secret. Many of them were servants/disciples of Yahushua the Messiah, the WORD.

3: The writer, after thorough investigations, put into writing everything that transpired as he heard from the eyewitnesses. It is important to point out that such eyewitnesses were followers of Yahushua the Messiah, the Word.

4: Even Theophilus himself had already been taught the Way.

So, yes, antichristian, the writer of the book of Luke was inspired to carry out such great work.

You left the one below.

Acts 1: 1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Yahushua began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Set-apart Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of YHVH.

Nope! You are wrong. The verses do not summarize my Scriptures. There is nothing wrong with what the writer of the book of Luke did. He was a servant of the Word. If he wasn't he wouldn't have done such great work.

What about the books of John, James, Peter, Timothy, Romans, Corinthians, Revelation, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, were they also written by those who depended on the accounts of the eyewitnesses?

This is how some Christians behave writing much words which means nothing! Where was the Holy Spirit stated in Luke 1:1-4?
If there had really being any Holy Spirit there won't have been many contradictions in the accounts! And the Spirit would have guided majority of the Christians into unity. But the shiism in Christianity is one that the Spirit keeps fragmenting and we hope the denominations won't reach a million very soon in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2022
elated177:

Quick question in just few lines can you tell me why YHVH forbids sodomy in the case of Sodom saving Lot and his two daughters (while destroying others guilty of sodomy) only for the saved to commit incest. Then YHVH blessed these offspring of incest.

I would like to open a thread on it soon!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Apr 22, 2022
Maynman:

God has his origin, go and search it before you equate it to your Allah.
You’ve already seen the proof, you are just in denial.

Allah says:
“Produce your proof if you are truthful” [al-Baqarah 2:111]
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought it's AntiChristian that i responded to in the other post!

Well if you must know Russell is not the owner of the group rather he was part of those used by Jesus to build the group. So himself and all others like him had limited knowledge and understanding of the organization under construction in the hands of Jesus Christ.
The name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES was announced in 1931 but according to the scriptures it is JEHOVAH Himself that started calling the newly reformed group of obedient humans by another name, Rutherford only happens to be an instrument in JEHOVAH'S hands. That's what only this group has improved rapidly in conforming all their activities to Jesus' teachings.

I discovered that you're more active on the Romans section than the religion but do you know why? smiley

grin
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 9:15am On Apr 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Allah says:

Allah, one of the Semitic gods?
Where does the name “Allah” come from? grin
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2022
Maynman:

Allah, one of the Semitic gods?

Allah says:
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Allah says:

Who is Allah, one of the Semitic gods?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 10:11am On Apr 22, 2022
Maynman:

Who is Allah, one of the Semitic gods?

Allah says:

Proofs not questions!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 10:13am On Apr 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Allah says:

Proofs not questions!

What is Allah, one of the Semitic gods?
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by elated177: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Quick question in just few lines can you tell me why YHVH forbids sodomy in the case of Sodom saving Lot and his two daughters (while destroying others guilty of sodomy) only for the saved to commit incest. Then YHVH blessed these offspring of incest.

I would like to open a thread on it soon!

When are you going to open the thread? Do it as soon as possible. Be ready to answer the questions that will be thrown at you when you do.
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2022
elated177:

When are you going to open the thread? Do it as soon as possible. Be ready to answer the questions that will be thrown at you when you do.

Questions need answers not questions!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by AntiChristian: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2022
Maynman:

What is Allah, one of the Semitic gods?

Chai!

Okay

Seems you have no proof make we just negodu!
Re: A Corrupt Bible Verse Psalm 2 Vs 12 by Maynman: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

Chai!

Okay

Seems you have no proof make we just negodu!

You are mentioning foreign names you don’t know there origin, you are the real chai bro.
What is Allah? Where did you get it from? Is it of igbo origin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Effect Your Name & Date Of Birth Has On You / 'WOW Gospel 2018' Available Now For Download / Top 5 Pagan Practices Of Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.