Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (23964 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
advanceDNA:

U dey mind the guy...
The guy just come open thread to come talk about his job....he actually loves his job...

When u keep quiet, the foolish thinks dey are wise....

So you just talk ur own and sidon dey look
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by 79733139(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
Approach women in medical line/health care - they would understand. Most women in other industries cannot relate.

Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain ury during a ime to spend, money is now useless to

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Austin4Jesus(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2022
Bro, please do not let that affect your career in anyway, still put in your best in your job BUT get a very busy partner as well. Maybe you date someone in your field so the busy lifestyle will be mutual. That is the only remedy I can think of.. If you become jobless and broke, the lady will still take a walk, so look for the one that matches your lifestyle. Some lady may not complain but might likely cheat on your while you are away, so get a very busy lady as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by micflo28(m): 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mr. If your job is too hectic, date a colleague who understands your job schedule and can work it out. Please bro. Can you help me to relocate let me DM you
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Abeg that lady should lose you very well.. My brother pls never allow anyone to make you feel you arent being there. These sick people need you more than that lady who is sent from hell..

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by CoronaVirusPro: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Better thank God for you have. Some people are jealous of it.

My standard time of work time is 16 hours daily and at least twice a week, I will working for 22-24 hours.

By the time I get to the weekend, I am dead. It passes like a breeze.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by candidbabe(f): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Father lord why didn't you give me this kind of job.

How in this life did this man prefer a girl more than money?

Mr Man you dey ment.

4 Likes

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by fineboynl(m): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
If you are this educated sorry to say you are a big fool. Who woman help?

Continue making money. If you need to pass time there are many girls that will be there in that few moments.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Juliearth(f): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Forget about being in a relationship for now and focus on your career. I believe that the higher you climb, the less tedious it would get. So that should afford you the window to date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by cutieBR(f): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
Wahala no the finish... Anyways you need a balance btw your work and relationship life, since you've already known what the problem is, why not fix it or date someone who has a busy life schedules also, as someone already suggested, I think that will help a bit... you also need to have time for yourself, in as much as your nature of job is demanding before you go collapse for operating room one day..
Good luck!!
Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

What do you think I can do please mature minds. I'll be 29 by June.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by goldstar25(f): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
You haven't met your better half. Some girls prefer your kind of person (you know not always around and the rest) while some like your exes, want attention whenever they are in a relationship. You can't change your field, so just find a way to adjust your life OK.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by enonche85(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

At 29 doing your residency, you are still young bro. How long will the residency last?...

Just take your time, concentrate and finish your residency because life does not revolve around a woman. As one poster said, you can get yourself a friend with benefit if sex is what you need. I believe you will have more time for yourself after the residency...cheers.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by InformationPro(f): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

When you carry out a surgery, thereby saving a life, doesnt that give you a sense of satisfaction? Surgery is a noble profession and if I can turn back the hands of time, I would give an arm and a leg to be in your shoes, even if it means giving up on love (who love epp?).

Your girlfriend left because she wasn't meant to be your better half. Keep doing what you do and I have a strong feeling that things would ease up in no time. Keep trying out for love and best believe that when the right lady shows up, she won't leave you because you are busy. She would understand and have a good coping mechanism.

Are you aware that there are women who value long djstancet relationships? You shojkf be on the look out for such women in your environment because, even though it won't be a long distance relationship, your absence won't bother them at all....

I feel led to do this. I am a post graduate student and probably the only person praying for ASUU not to call off its strike, reason being that I haven't been able to pay my fees for two sessions and once the strike is called off and I can't foot the fees, I may lose my admission (I am on my third and final year but can't graduate because of this). Any help you can offer me would go a long way. I can PM you details to back this claim.

4 Likes

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by enonche85(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Richy4:
My worry is you making a mistake in the surgical room because of fatigue... And when that happens, they won't hesitate to withdraw your licence and the management won't say that they were the one calling you..
Your job is just like that of the pilot that did not have enough sleep and were carrying passengers to and fro.

You seems not to have anytime due to the nature of your job... or maybe time management..

How do they plan your work shifts?... Maybe you can consider removing your name from the "on call" list so that if there are emergencies, they will call other doctors... Surely you are not the only doctor in that hospital unit...

Try and look for a lady in a teaching profession (primary or secondary) and see if you can build a relationship... They are the most patient people on the planet.. and it will suit your career as well cool

he's a resident doctor meaning he's still learning, this also means he has little or no control over the shifts arrangement.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Newboss(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
Na Toto this one dey worry about.

Hook up, pay and fūck. Don't be a fool. You don't have a problem. Enjoy your career.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by OMEGA009(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
You have 2 options comrade. Give us the link to the job or give us the girl phone number.

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Testimony1988(m): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
You will still see the lady of your choice, but you shouldn't use her to satisfy your fleshy desires.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Delaw44(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Be who you are and have no reasons to regret. Without work, the bitch will leave.
She better leave cus you are busy with time than be free without having nothing to be busy with.
Things will work out fine with time.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by gadgethead: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Can't you work as a locum?
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Richy4(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
enonche85:

he's a resident doctor meaning he's still learning, this also means he has little or no control over the shifts arrangement.
smiley smiley
I understand that he is a resident doctor buddy...I also understand that he has no control on his shift... but he has the control of letting the management know if he should be on call during emergencies with good reasons...
When their shifts are handed out, they plan around it...Should a doctor not be available due to an unforeseen circumstances, who will cover the doctor, that's where I am driving at
embarassed...
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by dangoteinlaw: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
socialmediaman:
Go on a dating website and find a lady to spend time with when you’re not working. Some ladies are looking for people like you. If military men and women find spouses, then doctors also find spouses, it may not just happen the traditional way.

Take your time before you commit to any relationship, just focus on dating for now, and be open about nationality and race if you don’t want to limit your options. Experiment, live your life and have fun, when it’s time to settle down you’ll know

Also, talk to a counselor/therapist about your mental health. What you’re experiencing looks similar to what I’ve seen on shows like Grey’s Anatomy, so take time off when you experience burn out, and talk to a professional occasionally
which dating site will you recommend? Plus don't call Badoo, instamessage or the other one that requires gps don't remember the name.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Trendy05(f): 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Yes you can get a lady who will love you the way you are.
The only challenge may be distance.

Just focus on your career growth. With time, everything will be fine.

Cheers
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Killermamba: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
[quote author=Scapula112 post=112132508]Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

Date a lady from the same field or line of work who understands how tedious your work maybe, a lady who knows what she is getting into by agreeing to date you, a lady that will be proud of her man saving many lives a man she can call her hero. If you do get to meet this lady I just described, both of you must agree on when to start a family, when to call it quit maybe after 5 or 6 years you have to drop your work load to attend to your family.
I pray you find this kind of lady in Jesus name
Because 98% of them only exist in the movies.

Thanks for sharing, now I know why most resident surgeon die alone,many divorce or commit suicide.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by socialmediaman: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
which dating site will you recommend? Plus don't call Badoo, instamessage or the other one that requires gps don't remember the name.

Google will help him. Mine is to recommend an option that could work for his busy life, but it’s his job to explore it if he wants. I didn't see Badoo on this list: https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/best-dating-sites/
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Penboy: 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Can i mail you please?

I'm an aspiring USMLE aspirant and ill like you to mentor me.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by ChuksHills(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

My brother you are the cause of your problem, you always go for women that are not your kind. Look for the woman that is in your field that have the same specialization with you medically at least the both of you can understand each other. But if you continue to go for girls outside your field you will keep having heart break. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Penboy: 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Helloflife:

Hi Chief, I'm really sorry about your relationship but I'm a medical student in my penultimate year with intentions of coming to work in the US after school.
I would really like to link up with you so I could learn more about the process. Can I email you chief?

Which med school?
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by oneMalik: 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Your case is damn simple ..... do your calculation and check which is more important to you .

I married to be happy and I'm indeed . I cherish quality time with my wife and am getting it .

The only way is to be a self employed person and that you can get for setting a goal for yourself to work for few years b4 marriage and quit your paid job .

the moment you becomes your boss , no matter how small your income may look like in the begining you'll still be happy as long as you're on track .

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by LesbianBoy(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
This OP is funny sha

You have what many people are praying for (which is money) and you are not happy.

Is it that you work the 7 days a week? As in no rest at all even on weekends. Na lie I no gree!

Anyway, pack so much money and invest in different places where you no you go still dey cash out then you can resign. But resign first when you get the babe first and marry her

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants / 24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.