Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (23975 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ginaz:

a lady like me can love, communication matters to me and the fact that we can hang around once in a while . dont give up, you gonna meet the love of your life soon.

subtle ma'am wink wink wink
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
There's someone for everyone, of course everyone needs companionship but you can't force anything. Be calm, also find a good way of managing the stress that your job brings as Na who dey alive dey attract babe o. Good luck.

Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

What do you think I can do please mature minds. I'll be 29 by June.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Aaay: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Face your job when you are broke a whorre will leave you for good
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Muoweta: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
It's a career path my Hippocratic brother. Please while it's still early, see if u can cope with this life style for long
Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
If you like abandon your job or derail from it cos of ToTo..
Na you go cry Las Las..
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by 5thAngel(f): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

You're relatively young but I believe at your age, you should be in courtship. Those girls that left aren't for you, you'll need someone who can understand the nature of your job and be a source of joy to you when you have the time to go home. I pray we find that person
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Bfly: 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
I just love the nature of your work.

Stop worrying about women.

Las las you will still have Family of your own.

It is not easy to find a good woman. When you find one she would be willing to stay.

Just Manage your stress level and also start looking good.
Get personal asistant if necessary.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by TGee101(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
Wish am you now where am working ur job and all that to be honest live ur life do what ever makes u happy. If u were not having a job or out of job it's worse trust me am there now looking for a job to hold and ear. A good loving . So be grateful you be just fine...
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Afolashade00(f): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Please take it easy on yourself. You just need someone who understands you and your schedules . When you find the right person you will understand what I'm talking about
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Lordedifice1: 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
HarunaWest:
Calm down Oga. If you are broke, the same 'ladies' will abandon you. Get busy with your job for now. You mustn't be in a relationship since you no get the time...cheers.
He shouldn't calm down the OP Said the he also doesn't have time for himself not to talk of women. So its so traumatic, stressful and mental health draining
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Clinghton: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
If there is no is hope of getting freedom from your profession why not start a business.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
jackslow:
Leave your job,let's see if women can feed you.you think even the women is your time they need ? Go and check history how many of those successful scientists were able to maintain a romantic relationship. Women are distraction or your career is important to you. You should even be happy that you're in a position to save life like soldier fighting in the field.if you want time you can go into business i bet you even that you will have to sacrifice alot of time at a certain stage.
Most great scientists are not married, I want to remain single

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by decatalyst(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
Double0h7:
The irony of life is what you're experiencing. You should look for a like minded woman. You're attraction should include someone who is busy making a life for themselves such as students or busy professionals.

Stop chasing bored slay Queens who'll expect you to entertain them and then dump you when the money runs out. I'm busy can you handle this should be part of your chat up line. Don't sacrifice your dreams and success for a relationship before you kill somebody's daughter because she left you after your sacrificing.

I LOVE this your contribution.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Xpress24(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Leave your job.. Chase after women okay.. Woman are everything..
grin you no well o
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by fumisko(f): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please don’t let this depress you one bit. Be proud of whom you are and have become. A woman who loves you Truely would understand the busy times and make best use of the free times you both have together. I mean, I did rather as a woman know my man is busy working than following the way of the world - busy doing bad things.
One thing I must say is that you should deliberately refuse depression please. That thing is a bitch. It Would make you ungrateful for the great things you have. Woman, wife, love would come please. If it didn’t work out, let’s just say it wasn’t meant to be her.
I understand the wait may be uneasy; but then if it’s for someone who would understand your life and all, it is very much worth it.
You don’t want to be unhappy in the long run.
The lord strengthen you
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by intruder15(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

What is more important in your life right now? A woman? Or finishing your neurosurgeon school?

If a woman is more important, cool and fine. Quit your school. I guess you won't cuz of the sacrifice you have made you get this far.

Oga, face your academics. Graduate and become a boss in your field. With time, it gets better and lighter. That's why most doctors and surgeon don't get married early. The job is demanding at the early stages.

It's not always like that all through the career cycle.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by DrDunamis(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Find love in your profession and in your place of work.
Simple
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by haybhi1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Hello Scapula112, kindly excuse me for the digression. I'm a year-four medical student. I've been having my eyes on the residency in the US as a dream for a long time. I'm aware of the USLME and some of its intricacies.

I equally like neurosurgery (including general surgery) but I'm afraid of living an excessively busy life. I could be making use of your experience or exposure and hints to make informed decisions for my life or career. However, if you're too busy but can refer me to an equally savvy individual who'd not mind helping me, I'll be so glad still.

I'll appreciate any means you have available for the communication. My WhatsApp line is 0 if you don't mind.

Thanks. And I wish for you a less busy yet fulfilled life.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by freddie009(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Double0h7:
The irony of life is what you're experiencing. You should look for a like minded woman. You're attraction should include someone who is busy making a life for themselves such as students or busy professionals.

Stop chasing bored slay Queens who'll expect you to entertain them and then dump you when the money runs out. I'm busy can you handle this should be part of your chat up line. Don't sacrifice your dreams and success for a relationship before you kill somebody's daughter because she left you after your sacrificing.
NOT student though
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by freddie009(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Omon see men, you can give time and money at the time.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by sorepco(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
Yeah he should get busy with his job for now till he gets his degrees. Since u r still in residency the tendency will be to utilize you to the maximum as you do not have any choices or options.
Once you become a fully fledged neurosurgeon then you will have an option to leave your employ. Which your employer wouldn't want to get you annoyed by overwhelming you with work!

Lastly look for a feminine lady that wants to be a housewife to a high value man like you. You need to change your specs in a woman as your specs tend to find you boring!
A feminine lady will adore you. One more thing...do not marry your spec..they r not wife materials!

HarunaWest:
Calm down Oga. If you are broke, the same 'ladies' will abandon you. Get busy with your job for now. You mustn't be in a relationship since you no get the time...cheers.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by sparkyJ: 1:24am On Apr 23, 2022
The right Lady will definitely understand with you. People like you also have women in their life. Remember that people who have all the time in the world also get heart breaks. Focus on your program, your woman will come on a platter of gold. Your so-called inadequacies will be what will attract her to you. She will love you more because of your time challenge and will want to be there to help do other things you can't do for yourself. Love na crazy thing o.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by omoelele1(f): 2:23am On Apr 23, 2022
Hey man, relax. I can imagine what the feelings are but pls calm down. Being in a relationship can be a wonderful, loving experience. A woman who loves you will adore the real you and all your imperfections, she will understand the busy times and make best use of the free times you both shared together. Constantly trying to change yourself will erode your confidence and self-esteem and it can be demoralizing which the end sometimes or most times result to depression. Just focus on dating for now, I believe soon you get to meet someone who truly understand and can manage your busy time. The Lord is your strength. Cheers
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by MadamOk(f): 3:39am On Apr 23, 2022
Braah calm down why not focus on your career and job now moreso you are still young

Make a plan for yourself
Gather the money and resign to get your own business or hospital
Then you can have time for yourself and family tomorrow
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Munzy14(m): 5:07am On Apr 23, 2022
Scapula112:

According to Akon, Niggar with money got no time.

Those with time, have got no money. grin

A woman will pray for you as her man to have something doing so you can provide comfortably..When you are working on that, she starts complaining you are giving all your time to money chase and neglecting her.. In the long run she starts drifting to one jobless fellow who channelled his time on her.

Then, small small she begin to obtain you with the hustle and money to remit to the jobless guy who mighg have started drilling and chilling her. cheesy

If you aren't smart, you will become Aaron.. grin

Anyways, keep moving, when you meet yours and yours alone, she will be a motivation to you and your hustle.

Anyone that complains, is not yours.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Poleski: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2022
Scapula112:

I know it can be lonely and frustrating, and even sometimes unhealthy, to not be in a love relationship. Humans are social animals.

There's always a woman out there for any type of man, in any profession. Try dating around or use dating apps to find someone. And you can even try dating a woman in your profession (I don't mean in your workplace).

Please, don't use money to get anyone if you really want true love.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2022
If you’re very busy, then just give relationships a break for now and don’t force it. The right woman will come soon by God’s grace. God will send someone who will understand your kind of job and will support you. Someone who can make herself happy even while you’re not around. Forget about it and just pray.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Animegirl(f): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2022
Wish Guys like you come my way sha cry.

Op, don't worry you will soon meet a match made from heaven for you. Just remain positive and happy. smiley
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by iamL(f): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2022
People wey go fall for scam shall.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Immarocks(f): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sir you don't have a problem.
You are probably overwhelmed because you are new to the routine try to love what you do with passion not just for the money and prestige then you will easily find ways to have fun even while working .Also find a busy woman too.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
Scapula112:

Get a woman that is as busy as you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants / 24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.