Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (23963 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by 2oby: 4:03am On Apr 24, 2022
Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

What do you think I can do please mature minds. I'll be 29 by June.

Go for distance relationship bro.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Olumaeme: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
The same lady will dump you if you are broke.

Do not quit your job for relationship sake or even think of changing career path especially if you find fulfillment in it.

You cant be rich and have time, that is just the truth.

Ask politician and business men, sometimes they are out for weeks without seeing their family and could only be calls and video sometimes.

Look for someone in your line of work or find someone who understands you.

Shalom!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by armadeo(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
You're a clown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants / 24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.