Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help (38665 Views)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DaveJacuzie: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
It is unfair. You knew and you went ahead.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing

U be catholic but u they blow undecided
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DMerciful(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Who is the irresponsible one? The guy that advised strongly against having another child and stood his ground or this foolish lady that got pregnant despite knowing the risk of SS?

Stop calling the name of God in your foolishness!
DrFunmisticGlow:
if you did CVS and it is confirmed that the genotype of the unborn child is SS then my sister, ABORT!!

You will suffer alone o!! You will regret and gnash your teeth.
Don't use your two legs to enter wahala.

I am tired of writing about this issue.

Better abort and get a divorce, then look for an AA guy to marry. That your partner is not a good person. He is irresponsible!!The lord is showing you red flags and you are asking stupid question

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Christistruth02: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
The Child is a from God

People from Osun State have been using Herbs like Dogonyaro , moringa, camel mi!k and camel bones, bitter kola to manage it Successfully

My Aunty is 74, her Sister is 71 and their brother is 68 they are all SS and still giving God al! the Glory

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Amayabor1: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

It is now you know you are a Catholic. You are a AS. Your partner is AS. You knew very well that for every pregnancy, you have a 25% chance of giving birth to an SS child. You went ahead. Now you have an SS child, it is now you know you are a Catholic.

Go ahead and do whatever you decide. The man has moved on with his life. I pray God in His Mercy see you through.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by uchetom(f): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
You and your partner took a lot of risk,and you on your part how can you b so selfish.I have a brother who was in love with his girl,and the girl relocated to USA,buh the family was offering to take my bro probably get married,he turned down the offer when I asked with tears in his eyes he told me love is not enough, I love my unborn children.She is AS am AS,let her go,I don't want my kids to suffer.I cried also cos I knew he loved that girl.Please o,arhh don't make DAT kind of decision ever.Am sure you knew before getting married.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DMerciful(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Una too like esxcuses!
2braithe:

Family planning sef is not 100% guaranteed.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

Then you are a fool for bringing such here, do yourself a favor and fxxk off with your sickle cell baby.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by venabili: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
thinkmoney:

DON'T ABORT. Life is a gift, no matter the wrappings it comes in.
Give birth to the child. Take care of him the best way you can.
What more, science and medicine is fast catching up. You might be pleasantly surprised of the treatment and medical management of the case that may come up in ten years.

Yea science is catching up. But can she afford the treatment? This is a country where most people can not afford 300k medical expenses in a year. And we are talking about recurring hospital visits, psychological trauma, loss of job( unless she owns her business) and the trauma the kid will through.

Where medicine don reach today, most people no fit afford am talkless of novel, cutting edge treatment thst will cost a arm and a leg.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Ade1759: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm sorry... excuse me...are you saying you want to raise a sickle cell child as a single parent?
Go to the hospital, ask the medical doctors and hear for yourself if you haven't heard it already.
Don't forget God is the omnipotent and omniscience God...if you have this knowledge of your predicament then God himself is giving you a chance to decide....I tell you something, do not judge yourself... Don't suffer fools gladly (put in context).

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by SpecialEdition: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please don’t go ahead if you know the child has sicklecell.
There are different types of sickle cell. Some are so sick they can’t function. They say the pain is like someone breaking your bone.
I logged in for the first time because I needed to reply.
Imagine having money and not finding a cure. Imagine that? The people here in London go for blood transfusion at intervals. You might be lucky the child will not have that serious case but check the records. Girls survive sickle cell more than boys.
DON’T DO IT
You will carry the guilt forever because you could prevent the pain and you let the child come into the world to face it.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by aikyg(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
The time to give you advice has passed. At this point, whatever you do to that baby is between you and God.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by alphabbey1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
she should have gone for family planning.

Why is she behaving like an uneducated fellow like this. If I knew op, I would slap her for her foolishness.
Family planning after one child !!! Or you didn't read the post well ?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DMerciful(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Your child was always AA. The test got it wrong
tammyf:

It's possible bro.mine changed from AS to AA after a 3 days fast indoors....I mean total dry fast .no pastor involved ..its in us all to do the impossible but we never harness it based on ignorance and laziness....this is a personal experience bro.i took the challenge when I understood my ex fiancee then was AS and I didn't want to lose her.we r all gods but we know not.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Khafsun: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
I don't know the kind of arrangement you and your partner had but it seems you had no plan. There's nothing wrong in two people who are genotypically incompatible getting married if they have thought things through.

There's a couple (AS & AS) who had an agreement that each time they conceived, they will take the CVS test and abort whichever one is SS. They have 3 healthy children and only had cause to abort once. This is the kind of agreement you and your partner should have had or if you're rich enough, do IVF and genetic modification. A lot of people do this but they just keep a secret because of the stigma.

People think it's easy for others with AS genotype to get AA that ticks all other boxes. I know women who ended up with men that shouldn't even be form friendships with them become married to them due to the desperation of finding "AA". Some women end up in abusive marriages such that they some times believe having a sickle cell child wouldn't be as tough a life as they are currently facing. Yes, this is reality.

The AS should marry AA thing is impractical and can only work for a few more generations. The truth is , AS are growing in number and will gradually outnumber AA. What then will happen if that occurs? Ask AA and AS couples if most of their children are not AS. My mum's AA and all four of her children are AS. It's time to quit this ostrich politics and find a more permanent solution than forcing people into unions that they are not pleased with.

I'm sure if oyinbo people faced this genotype ish, they would have solved it teytey. The current innovation in the matter sef na dem do am. And this is a problem they do not face. Our own is to play ostrich politics with the matter.
If your partner is responsible, I would advise you keep together and go with the plan above. Responsible and sensible individuals no plenty again o.

By the way, how much did the CVS cost you

8 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by venabili: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
DMerciful:
Who is the irresponsible one? The guy that advised strongly against having another child and stood his ground or this foolish lady that got pregnant despite knowing the risk of SS?

Stop calling the name of God in your foolishness!

Well the guy still went ahead to have unprotected intercourse with her knowing the risks. He is partly culpable.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by dominique(f): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

If you want to keep the baby then you need to physically, mentally and financially prepare yourself for the loooooong journey ahead. Sickle cell patients now live better quality of life compared to past decades thanks to advanced medical technology. Some SS now look healthier than some of their AA and AS counterparts as a result of quality healthcare which involves a lot of time, commitment and MONEY. If you know you won't be able to manage the child in that condition, it's better you let him go so you won't bring a child into the world to suffer then die afterwards.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by venabili: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Khafsun:
I don't know the kind of arrangement you and your partner had but it seems you had no plan. There's nothing wrong in two people who are genotypically incompatible getting married if they have thought things through.

There's a couple (AS & AS) who had an agreement that each time they conceived, they will take the CVS test and abort whichever one is SS. They have 3 healthy children and only had cause to abort once. This is the kind of agreement you and your partner should have had or if you're rich enough, do IVF and genetic modification. A lot of people do this but they just keep a secret because of the stigma.

People think it's easy for others with AS genotype to get AA that ticks all other boxes. I know women who ended up with men that shouldn't even be form friendships with them become married to them due to the desperation of finding "AA". Some women end up in abusive marriages such that they some times believe having a sickle cell child wouldn't be as tough a life as they are currently facing. Yes, this is reality.

The AS should marry AA thing is impractical and can only work for a few more generations. The truth is , AS are growing in number and will gradually outnumber AA. What then will happen if that occurs? Ask AA and AS couples if most of their children are not AS. My mum's AA and all four of her children are AS. It's time to quit this ostrich politics and find a more permanent solution than forcing people into unions that they are not pleased with.

I'm sure if oyinbo people faced this genotype ish, they would have solved it teytey

Vote me as president. We will outlaw AA from marrying AA so as to create adequate supply of AA for AS to marry.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Sickle cell anaemia can be TREATED via bone marrow transplant.

If your baby is O+, you sure have a better deal.

DON'T ABORT!!!
Bone marrow transplant is about $85k, plus the blood transfusion, and platelets they take often. I hope you will be able to provide the money for her when the baby needs it or start to suffer because it seems you na SS.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by ItsmeF: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

You have 2 options

1. Abort
2. Pray for a change in genotype
I was in similar situation. I have a first child whose genotype is AS. My hubby and I decided not to have another child but boom i became pregnant not within my control and had a second child who was ss. We discovered when he was 3yrs , he started having crisis though not serious because his Hb F was very high. Then someone introduced me to NSPPD prayers which is convened by pastor Jerry Eze on Facebook. I started joining the prayers everyday and on 29th Dec last Yr, I cried to God for mercy and behold God showed mercy on my son. His genotype was changed from ss to AA after series of test to confirm from different places.

If you wish to follow the prayer, go to streams of joy page or pastor Jerry Eze page on Facebook and join the prayers everyday 7am Nigerian time. God can so change your unborn baby's genotype while in your womb because he did for me.

Now, you can give God a try if you believe God can change your unborn child's genotype for " WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESNOT EXIST" Pray on that altar with faith and go re do that test but if you know you can't, then abortion is your other option.

Honestly, I know how you feel. To have a sickler child isn't funny at all trust me.

#WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESNOT EXIST

5 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by alphabbey1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
SpecialEdition:
Please �� don’t go ahead if you know the child has sickle cell.
My sister was a very enterprising lady and a successful politician.
I’m working on building a foundation in her memory.
Yes, my sister was AS and she died.
She had twins in London both SS: a boy and a girl
She became depressed because the children started having crisis before the age of 3.
Her husband left as he couldn’t cope. Yes, she was married to an AS.
The boy died at the age of 4; very suddenly
My sister died in 2020. She lost a lot of opportunities because she was always with her daughter and a employed lot of help for her daughter who was so sick she could not even go to school.
There are different types of sickle cell. Some are so sick they can’t function. They say the pain is like someone breaking your bone.
My sister’s daughter died last year.
I logged in for the first time because I needed to reply.
Imagine having money and not finding a cure. Imagine that? The people here in London go for blood transfusion at intervals. You might be lucky the child will not have that serious case but check the records. Girls survive sickle cell more than boys.
DON’T DO IT
You will carry the guilt forever because you could prevent the pain and you let the child come into the world to face it.

This right here is the advice have been anticipating.

@Op
Trust me, once SS wahala come, the stress can take the mother's life. Becoming broke is already a certainty coz the child will not be far away from expensive drugs..... Except if the mother is not the caring type ....
Not to talk of the fact that most SS have stunted growth, many ss are easily noticeable from stature......

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by emifunrami: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
If you believe in Jesus Christ don't abort the baby. Abortion is murder and a sin before God. Secondly, there's a major breakthrough drug for SS that was discovered in the UK recently,Go online to find information about it and I pray that God will guide you to do his will in this matter.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by engrfaruq(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

Cost €184.5.

I beg you in the name of God, don't abort that baby... I know of an SS person who's grown to reach the highest seat in his Country, and he's lived a fulfilled life. I promise you you'd be proud of this baby, and I urge you to quote this mention even in decades to come when the child makes you a proud Mum.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DMerciful(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
You can have unprotected sex without getting pregnant, you just either need to avoid your ovulation days or use your daily pill.

She wanted the child in her foolish belief that because the first is AS, she might be lucky again.

venabili:

Well the guy still went ahead to have unprotected intercourse with her knowing the risks. He is partly culpable.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Westernequinox:
Start speaking the words of the genotype you want the baby to Carry, words have power in the kingdom, don't abort, murder is more deadly, and be not decieved, what a man sows he shall reap
Yinmu, I bet she said those words before she took in, don't take God for a fool, why didn't God change the baby to AS or AA before now, even the lord said don't test me. You know the truth but still go ahead and commit evil you are now speaking affirmatively, God can't be mocked.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by SpecialEdition: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
tammyf:

It's possible bro.mine changed from AS to AA after a 3 days fast indoors....I mean total dry fast .no pastor involved ..its in us all to do the impossible but we never harness it based on ignorance and laziness....this is a personal experience bro.i took the challenge when I understood my ex fiancee then was AS and I didn't want to lose her.we r all gods but we know not.

You are joking right?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Megabig: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

There is no how you aren’t a witch…You always wanted it… rest
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by thinkmoney(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
venabili:

Yea science is catching up. But can she afford the treatment? This is a country where most people can not afford 300k medical expenses in a year. And we are talking about recurring hospital visits, psychological trauma, loss of job( unless she owns her business) and the trauma the kid will through.

Where medicine don reach today, most people no fit afford am talkless of novel, cutting edge treatment thst will cost a arm and a leg.
The problem about life is that a lot of you don't have the right approach. That's Why you marry a rich guy and leaves him when things go down.
In life you sacrifice for life. You own your battle, keep fighting and hope things become better.
Life and love is about sacrifice. Take the lot life dish you and go with it. Adapt to it.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Themaths(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
wunmi590:

So because you are a Catholic you should now bring a child to suffer...

What happened to your marriage class? Where you not told check your genotype before you marry....

I'm a catholic too and this are things we were taught in marriage class....

She called the guy her "partner" not husband. I'm not sure they are married.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DaveJacuzie: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

What answer are you looking for? You said you don't know if you should abort the baby. somebody said abort, you said you cant do it.
I'm not asking you to abort, seek medical advise. The painful thing is that you knew this and you went ahead to do this.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by SpecialEdition: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Sickle cell anaemia can be TREATED via bone marrow transplant.

If your baby is O+, you sure have a better deal.

DON'T ABORT!!!

Bone Marrow Transplant in UK is currently 1/2 million pounds. There is a 50/50 survival chance.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Gokoyer1401: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Then its better to stick with condoms.
2braithe:

Family planning sef is not 100% guaranteed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cameroonian Woman Commits Suicide Over Husband's Plan To Marry Another Wife / Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) / Overweight Man Rummages Through Rubbish Dump For Food In Cameroon(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.