Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (34585 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son / Is It A Wise Idea To Sue My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by tellsblinks(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol... You're too entitled. Thank God your father saw these on time

By the way

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by newoffer: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
His properties and not yours.... I sight Lagos pikin in you. What d Yoruba kids do here in lagos
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by charles614: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Your father’s property is his property, you are not entitled to sue him that’s why you gat to hustle for your own and stop depending on your father’s property

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by princeemmma(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Your inheritance or his inheritance

We need to make it clear here
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by ppogba: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
hohafrank:
Lazy youth.Look at the type of question you are asking.

These are the type of questions that make Nairaland fun and at the same time disgusting.

Possibly before the end of the day you will still come across " NNPC job or traveling abroad" or " I caught my girlfriend with my Landlord on bed, should I pray for them?"

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by NohurryInLife: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
What if your Father didn't WILL the land to you? If you're not in his WILL, there is little or nothing you can do to claim the land. You should be ashamed of yourself. Agboju logun oshi
You dey mind ahm??

Me wey my papa sell one big property for North as en dey say nothing wey en wan use the property do because of insecurity.

The man sell the property share money give all my siblings exclude me from the share. I no even talk anything.

Make God sha no depart from me.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by NaBanga: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Make money and buy the land from your father.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by eddynaira125: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
OP you are mad, u want to reap were you did not show, thief, hussle your money buy lands and will to your children and grandchildren, laziness have overcloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by bluebay(m): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
You can’t sue your father for it’s his PROPERTY and he owe you all no explanation on how he manages them. Back off or he will get you arrested
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
"Our Properties " you said?
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Mooh247: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin

Na your papa get the inheritance o... Sorry ma nigga you gast hustle for your own

Ya papa be like some Oyinbo people wey dey spend all their fortune before death or donate it to charity, leaving children with debt and mortgage

Hahahahaa

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by sinkhole: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
You can't sue someone for his property. The case will be struck out for no cause of action.

Your father owns valid titles to the real properties through first settlement. Put differently, he bought the plots of land from nobody but inherited it customarily as a descendant of those who settled there first.

I presume based on the preceding paragraph that the land documents are not registered at the land registry of your state because from experience the first document descendants of first settlers prepare regarding their land is usually a deed of gift, deed of lease, deed of assignment or power of attorney depending on the circumstances.

My advice is that you should get very close to your father this period. Let everyone believe you are his favourite son. Show him how to enjoy the internet with a smartphone. Encourage him to eat wheat instead of Garri or Akpu or Amala etc.... You know all those things his mates like grin

During this period, learn his signature, prepare a deed of gift and get your close allies including your sister as witnesses. It's even better if you can make him sign the paper himself through misrepresentation (This is a special course I can tutor you on).
Register the deed of gift at the appropriate registry and pay the required dues to the government registry. To be more smooth get registered surveyors to survey the land and register the survey plans with the government in your name.

You have all commercial banks need to grant you a loan. When you've successfully mortgaged the properties, use that money to do something good for yourself.
BENEFITS
1. Your father will not be able to sell a land you mortgaged to the bank. The bank will take him to court and deed of gift you presented to the bank will be a superior title.
2. The bank will not own the land as long as you invested the loan wisely and follow the repayment plan honestly.
3. After the expiration of each mortgage, begin new mortgages to further expand your investments. But ensure you always repay your loan.
4. Your father will pass on while the case lingers in the court. I trust NIGERIAN courts (15 years no judgment just adjournments)
5. When he passes on, end all mortgages and keep the land if you wish.
DISADVANTAGES
If you believe in curses don't try this. I do not believe in them grin
Best advice!
He can also, codedly kill his father and practically made the remaining property the inheritance of the children cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by okrikaboi: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
You are a big idiot a failure!!!
Get your own ode!

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by ojonugba2014(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol.... Go ND work, ND get URS, because u don't do anything, the highest you can do is fin a way to buy those assets without him knowing u are the one buying it
or advice him ND try to convince him why he needs to stop selling off those properties unduly
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by chloride6: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
Except that land is part of a family estate..

No sir you can't..
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Born2winKingOG:
I Know how odd this might sound, with alot of people trooping in to insult me with all sorts of names calling, like I should go and hustle for my own and stop having entitlement mindset on someone's else's property..but you see..I will never relent..am here for those who have logical advise to give to me...so your insults is for yourself and you alone.

My father has been selling his landed properties since 2006, since I was still a little boy.. my fore fathers were among those founders who discovered our town...so huge landed estates were passed down to our lineage...up to this moment my uncle's and aunts have their own share of land intacts... but my dad has almost sold All his own.

*He sold to marry a new wife in 2009

*He sold to develop a small plot in 2011

*he sold to collect a chieftaincy title in 2015

and many combined little selling he's been doing, I had no ideal of

fast forward to 7years later he's left with little plots and some he took from loan defaulters, just this morning I got a call from my elder sister that my dad is about selling the little plot left... I asked to do what, she said she doesn't know yet. As at now am really angry hence me asking if there's anything we the children can do to stop my dad from selling the little plots left even though it's his.. he's the owner, don't we have a say? isn't there any legal law that can stop him.

A friend of mine he's Still enjoying wealth his grand Father left for his father and his father to him, all he did was just to renovate them and dude is packing more than a millionaire yearly from those estate. why would mine be different. Davido did well because his father's a big man who gave him a starting point, same with jowi zaza that guy can never go broke because of his father...

note: I don't think he's trying to wicked us, I know he won't sell all.. but at least the one he had sold his more than the one left... and it won't be enough to share to my siblings and I.... if he leaves this world today... why would he still be selling more. ( am not praying for him to die or anything...but life is common sense) is not a bad thing if a parent gives his children a starting point like his father did.

Besides it doesn't make sense for me to be looking for land to buy when my family is known as one of the owners of the town...my cousin's are even talking behind our back.

legal advice needed please

oga go hustle for your own

any man have right to sell his properties anyhow
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by sinkhole: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Born2winKingOG:
I Know how odd this might sound, with alot of people trooping in to insult me with all sorts of names calling, like I should go and hustle for my own and stop having entitlement mindset on someone's else's property..but you see..I will never relent..am here for those who have logical advise to give to me...so your insults is for yourself and you alone.

My father has been selling his landed properties since 2006, since I was still a little boy.. my fore fathers were among those founders who discovered our town...so huge landed estates were passed down to our lineage...up to this moment my uncle's and aunts have their own share of land intacts... but my dad has almost sold All his own.

fast forward to 7years later he's left with little plots and some he took from loan defaulters, just this morning I got a call from my elder sister that my dad is about selling the little plot left... I asked to do what, she said she doesn't know yet. As at now am really angry hence me asking if there's anything we the children can do to stop my dad from selling the little plots left even though it's his.. he's the owner, don't we have a say? isn't there any legal law that can stop him.

A friend of mine he's Still enjoying wealth his grand Father left for his father and his father to him, all he did was just to renovate them and dude is packing more than a millionaire yearly from those estate. why would mine be different. Davido did well because his father's a big man who gave him a starting point, same with jowi zaza that guy can never go broke because of his father...

note: I don't think he's trying to wicked us, I know he won't sell all.. but at least the one he had sold his more than the one left... and it won't be enough to share to my siblings and I.... if he leaves this world today... why would he still be selling more. ( am not praying for him to die or anything...but life is common sense) is not a bad thing if a parent gives his children a starting point like his father did.

Besides it doesn't make sense for me to be looking for land to buy when my family is known as one of the owners of the town...my cousin's are even talking behind our back.

The property is not your inheritance until your father dies, hence you can not take your father to court on what rightfully belongs to him.
I think the best advice so far is that of @ETHICALLYrlght.

If you do not act fast, I am afraid your father will sell everything and leave you with absolutely nothing.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Aarenaija: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dont let me call you a thief o............go do your own work oga.

Mainwhile did he send you to school or sponsored your training and other siblings? If yes, you no serious. The properties do not belong to you about his and your mother only.
He has given you your inheritance already, how you now make use of it is your wahala..............
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by muheeb01(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
If he's a chronic seller you can as well bargain with him and buy some from him at discounted price at least as his son....this matter get as e be o haaa
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Elporo(m): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
Atleast he gave you good education. Education is the best legacy . With all the inherited natural resources in Nigeria we are not living better than highly educated countries, our natural resources made us lazy.

Sharrap their angry
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by AfroKnight: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
But it’s not your property. It belongs to him. You want to sue him for selling his own property? Come on.

Learn from his mistakes and make your own way.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Oyin2212(m): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
You can't sue someone for his property. The case will be struck out for no cause of action.

Your father owns valid titles to the real properties through first settlement. Put differently, he bought the plots of land from nobody but inherited it customarily as a descendant of those who settled there first.

I presume based on the preceding paragraph that the land documents are not registered at the land registry of your state because from experience the first document descendants of first settlers prepare regarding their land is usually a deed of gift, deed of lease, deed of assignment or power of attorney depending on the circumstances.

My advice is that you should get very close to your father this period. Let everyone believe you are his favourite son. Show him how to enjoy the internet with a smartphone. Encourage him to eat wheat instead of Garri or Akpu or Amala etc.... You know all those things his mates like grin

During this period, learn his signature, prepare a deed of gift and get your close allies including your sister as witnesses. It's even better if you can make him sign the paper himself through misrepresentation (This is a special course I can tutor you on).
Register the deed of gift at the appropriate registry and pay the required dues to the government registry. To be more smooth get registered surveyors to survey the land and register the survey plans with the government in your name.

You have all commercial banks need to grant you a loan. When you've successfully mortgaged the properties, use that money to do something good for yourself.
BENEFITS
1. Your father will not be able to sell a land you mortgaged to the bank. The bank will take him to court and deed of gift you presented to the bank will be a superior title.
2. The bank will not own the land as long as you invested the loan wisely and follow the repayment plan honestly.
3. After the expiration of each mortgage, begin new mortgages to further expand your investments. But ensure you always repay your loan.
4. Your father will pass on while the case lingers in the court. I trust NIGERIAN courts (15 years no judgment just adjournments)
5. When he passes on, end all mortgages and keep the land if you wish.
DISADVANTAGES
If you believe in curses don't try this. I do not believe in them grin
You wicked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by Father4all: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Born2winKingOG:

Go and hustle your own.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by EgunMogaji2: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ki omo to je ogun, emi ati je ogbon.

May we not birth ungrateful children. May we birth children that will go out and make their own way.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by alizma: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Born2winKingOG:

Oga go and hustle. He no send you go school abi you dey hungry?
People like you kill their parents over their properties. What he owe you is empowerment not properties. The properties are his till his death.
Nothing like your inheritance here. In as much as he is alive, what we are talking about is his properties, inheritance is a language to be used only when he is dead, so rephrase your question and you will see the answer you crave for.
The question should be, Can I sue my father for selling his properties anyhow? I hope you are not finding it difficult to come up with the answer yourself?

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by ufuosman(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dere must be reason for him to do so
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by smasher1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Born2winKingOG:

u are selfish. Work hard to have your money. Leave people inheritance to them.
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by onatisi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
you cant sue someone over his property that has his name as the owner , the only thing you can do is to appeal to him ,
Born2winKingOG:

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by sinkhole: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
muheeb01:
If he's a chronic seller you can as well bargain with him and buy some from him at discounted price at least as his son....this matter get as e be o haaa
This is a good advice too, as the OP will be getting the property (in his own name) at incredibly cheap price, but I think @Born2winKingOG will not take this advice as it seems he wants free property, which he calls inheritance!

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by CharleyBright(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Will you grow up?
Can't you go and create inheritance for yourself and your Generation. Sidon there and be thinking of suing another man on top of his property that u are eyeing.
Na people like u dey kill to inherit property.
Foolish man
Re: Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? by IMOH2020: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
The truth is that 70% of people who inherited large property are lazy, your father depends solely on the inherited property and you I believe you are also lazy like your father waiting patiently to inherit the properties too but unfortunately for you, your father is lazier than you....
You can only advice and dialogue with your father, talk to him as a man and let him know the disadvantages of such act,if not he will finish selling the property,I have his type in my village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ifeoma Nwaka Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / RELOCATION SALE: PLOT OF LAND WITH GERMAN FLOOR. I OWN IT! / My Husband Hates Me For Giving Birth To Three Girls – Housewife Tells Court

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.