Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son (36462 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Trending Video Of Nigerian Dad Being Made Up By His Daughters / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Please is he right with such drastic decision?

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

How best will you handle such type of situation?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by jedaii(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.

430 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Ahmed0336(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmm

I support the man's decision with two trucks filled with cassava, but him for reduce am to 70% nah. Give the son 15% and the third wife 15%

That second wife is the real devil. undecided

How did he allow such sensitive issue to leak?

192 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by dawnomike(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
I am sure he had his good reasons

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by ridwanlawal: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
DNA TEST prompted him to do so.
My thought

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by IrawoKross: 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.
It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly. However trouble started when he got a job at portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more. So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.
When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town). When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman. It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).
After several years, the children were all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.
The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.
Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property. The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision. As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.
Please is he right with such drastic decision?
Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?
How best will you handle such type of situation?
No coma, just jam packed everything.
Copy and paste

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Hmmm

I support the man's decision with two trucks filled with cassava, but him for reduce am to 70% nah. Give the son 15% and the third wife 15%

[b]How did he allow such sensitive issue to leak?[/bold]

@bold, that is the real question.

He needs to adjust the will to safeguard the lives of his first daughters.

Yanga dey sleep, he used his 3rd leg to look for trouble.

The ripple effects of bad decisions cannot be underestimated.

21 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.
Is it fair on the son considering the fact that he's a very responsible child and isn't responsible for his mother's behaviour

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ahmed0336:
Hmmm

How did he allow such sensitive issue to leak?
The third wife used it against the second wife in one of their altercations and she did her own findings and found out to be true. The daughters have already taken charge of some of the properties,so it's not hidden

6 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
dawnomike:
I am sure he had his good reasons
He said the second wife only came to disorganize his life and made him part ways with the woman who was with him from day one, so her compensation will be willing almost everything to her daughters since she never remarried and he maintained he's not going back on his decision

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
IrawoKross:
No coma, just jam packed everything.
Copy and paste
She didn't copy and paste. I think her keyboard has asthma.

16 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
bukatyne:

@bold, that is the real question.

He needs to adjust the will to safeguard the lives of his first daughters.

Yanga dey sleep, he used his 3rd leg to look for trouble.

The ripple effects of bad decisions cannot be underestimated.
The second wife vowed to deal with him. She said not on her life will such happen under her eyes
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tallesty1:
She didn't copy and paste. I think her keyboard has asthma.
I no sabi write and besides don't indulge him, he hates me and I'm avoiding him. Thanks

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by IrawoKross: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I no sabi write and besides don't indulge him, he hates me and I'm avoiding him. Thanks
Hate you? You're too little my dear. Instead of you to correct your flaws, you say I hate you.
I am here to correct you of some foolishness you portray here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by BOLATINUBU01: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
He do well, but it should av been like 75%
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Tallesty1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He knows you off here?

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
ridwanlawal:
DNA TEST prompted him to do so.
My thought
Not at all, infact the son is his his carbon copy. All these is for pleasing his first wife whom he thinks he has wronged. She refused to remarry after their divorce

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tallesty1:
He knows you off here?
No, just the tinubu thingy 😆

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He do well, but it should av been like 75%
He gave the son just a landed property in Abuja. He really did him dirty and the son is very responsible.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Tallesty1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
No, just the tinubu thingy 😆
You earned it

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tallesty1:
You earned it
I was expecting this reply 😂

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by bukatyne(f): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
The second wife vowed to deal with him. She said not on her life will such happen under her eyes

If not in her lifetime, then on her deathbed noni.

The man's iwakuwa caused this generational problem.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
bukatyne:

If not in her lifetime, then on her deathbed noni.

The man's iwakuwa caused this generational problem.
I swear, but I'm feeling for the son. He's not even making any trouble about his father's decisions. He's a calm gentle man

7 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nawttiboi007(m): 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
You're not a matured man, you act like a kid
IrawoKross:
Hate you? You're too little my dear. Instead of you to correct your flaws, you say I hate you.
I am here to correct you of some foolishness you portray here.

12 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nawttiboi007(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
I think there's more to this, but since you said the son is responsible and probably he knows that fact then I believe the man is wise cos he definitely knows the son can make it he juz needed to encourage him with a little push( the property) and also clean his own flaws by compensating the first wife
IyaebeTheGreat:
He gave the son just a landed property in Abuja. He really did him dirty and the son is very responsible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
I think there's more to this, but since you said the son is responsible and probably he knows that fact then I believe the man is wise cos he definitely knows the son can make it he juz needed to encourage him with a little push( the property) and also clean his own flaws by compensating the first wife
On the other hand I think he's sowing the seeds of discord. The son might seems unbothered now but it'll affect his relationship with his sisters later in life

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nawttiboi007(m): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
If the son is truly responsible as u said and if he's wise he will see above that..
IyaebeTheGreat:
On the other hand I think he's sowing the seeds of discord. The son might seems unbothered now but it'll affect his relationship with his sisters later in life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
i could understand such mindset.... thats the consequences of her evil failed actions that her son will reap. you cant do so much evil in life and think you wont have to pay.

13 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by IrawoKross: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
You're not a matured man, you act like a kid
Says a matured fool
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Houseofglam7(f): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Dicey
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
i could understand such mindset.... thats the consequences of her evil failed actions that her son will reap. you cant do so much evil in life and think you wont have to pay.
But the boy is his son and family and friends think the decision is too harsh. Can you take such decision?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
You're entitle to your opinion enjoy it
IrawoKross:
Says a matured fool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / My Trip To Abraka to see my son / Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.