Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video (63704 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by NohurryInLife: 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Arysexy:

The next oba will chop it. They have harvested it and kept for the next oba
How you take know??
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by seglabsy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
King3urna:
African tradition is gone an oba is been buried the Arab way is that how his ancestors where buried no hope for Africa
NO,TRADITIONAL RITE AT 9PM LATER TODAY

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mirinder: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kaybae:
Olayiwola Adeyemi orisa ti lo, Alowolodu bi iyere, rest on, the whole of Oyo empire will miss you Atanda omo ojo pasekere Omo Atiba.
kilode. E pofo ni. Abeg Translate.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
DaveDGreat:

It means barn and not ban. Please know the difference. As in yam barn
thanks, I made a mistake grin

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Realmi: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
I tot a king's burial is meat to be sacred

See as the burial just be like baba suwe own
It is well sha

Death humbles human
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BERNIMOORE: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
God1000:
I think he was the longest serving alaafin of oyo
yeah 52 years...he was enthroned in 1970

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BetterHeadline: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bloody hell Yoruba Muslims. What have become of the beautiful Yoruba culture? Why have other Omoduduwa allow these traitors to throw their culture into the thrash?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BERNIMOORE: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realmi:
I tot a king's burial is meat to be sacred

See as the burial just be like baba suwe own
It is well sha

Death humbles human
that's Muslim for you
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by FashionMarket: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by damose12(m): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
May his soul rest in peace. Aladdin of Oyo was a great man and will be missed
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
Health360:
thanks, I made a mistake grin

Most welcome Sir

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by effort1: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:

Who brought Islam to Yorubaland??

Ghanaians, Malians, Togolese traders and traders from other African countries.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by planetx: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
What will now happen to the young oloris

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Harshweather(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Richy4:

But Oyo is an ancient town.. it doesn't need development but rehabilitation...

I haven't been there but I guess it will be full of landmarks and historic buildings..

grin plus Red Zink all over the place

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by planetx: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Pain:
Any HEADS to roll?
You can go to Oyo and walk carelessly at night to find the answer to your question.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
seglabsy:
oluwakemiiii
Yes sir

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
mirinder:
ibo loti wa
ile Yoruba naa ni
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Richy4(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Harshweather:

grin plus Red Zink all over the place

grin grin grin cheesy
Bro U are shaking the table very hard... Some things might fall off and it might not be good cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by emaxjey(m): 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hello Nairaland Tech Community.
My Twitter space tomorrow. Remember to tune in guys. Recuiters and experts in the tech community will be live . Going to be �

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1RDxlgdMqvdJL
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Rayjnr: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:
so even their oba na muslim

chai fulani try i swearagad!

Hahaha see you, please go read history, some of these Yorubas accepted Islam through trade centuries ago .

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Rayjnr: 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
God1000:
too bad, oyo state continue to lose its prominent individuals

Nawa o, person old make e no die again??
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Flossq: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

That man na many things na OGBONI member too. Those there religion level na wash

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Mrbenny001: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
The Muslim bury their dead en... It's shows to everyone that all is vanity

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mirinder: 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
ile Yoruba naa ni
nibo nibe
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by eminikansoso(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

story!

wetin be him achievement as oba for 50 years if not sampling various poosies!

yarriba obas self ma their work na mostly poossie sampling!

check all of them from beginning to end!
Rada rada rede rede ni ba ku....Ase
Ofo ni Omi efo se ......Ase
Omori igba ki ri di Joko......Ase
Ni oni yi ti ofi enu re bu oba Alade, ootu ba egbe pe mon.......Ase
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by chijokz(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
planetx:
What will now happen to the young oloris
They're considered widows and free to date and re-marry. I don't think they're prohibited from re-marrying according to tradition.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by victorDanladi: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

Chai!....Igbo can be soo foolish

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
God1000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Fmtx3Ah3Y

The chief imam of oyo, masud ajokidero and other faithful on Saturday said final prayers over the remains of late alaafin of oyo oba lamidi Adeyemi III, he's been laid to rest within the premises of the palace.

May his soul rest in peace

A KING never dies....they become God's

Adeiu BABA
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by We4all: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Joezinho:
Rest on King. Alaafin was a hugely respected monarch in the Southwest and lived his life to the fullest. He belongs to the rarefied selection of kings all over the world who ruled for decades in great health, pomp and pageantry.. He's also an erudite Yorùbá historian and folklorist. An ardent follower of Sango and a committed Muslim. His emergence as Alaafin wasn't smooth sailing as he had running power struggle with one of his chiefs called Ashipa within his kingdom.

In rulership hierarchy in Nigeria, he's on the same pedestal as the Oòni of Ìfẹ, the Sultan of Sokoto and the Obi of Onitsha.. He will be thoroughly missed by his people and across the federation coz he was an era.

Dey there dey speak English.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by adecz: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
As a Muslim, how come he had
over 8 wives?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by planetx: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
chijokz:

They're considered widows and free to date and re-marry. I don't think they're prohibited from re-marrying according to tradition.
Lol remarry and free to date, I think I will pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere / Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.