Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video (63681 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by obiekunie01: 12:44am On Apr 24, 2022
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Asswipemod: 2:39am On Apr 24, 2022
Joezinho:
Rest on King. Alaafin was a hugely respected monarch in the Southwest and lived his life to the fullest. He belongs to the rarefied selection of kings all over the world who ruled for decades in great health, pomp and pageantry.. He's also an erudite Yorùbá historian and folklorist. An ardent follower of Sango and a committed Muslim. His emergence as Alaafin wasn't smooth sailing as he had running power struggle with one of his chiefs called Ashipa within his kingdom.

In rulership hierarchy in Nigeria, he's on the same pedestal as the Oòni of Ìfẹ, the Sultan of Sokoto and the Obi of Onitsha.. He will be thoroughly missed by his people and across the federation coz he was an era.

Pray bro, how can one be an ardent Sango (deity of thunder) follower and still be a devoted Muslim? Just wondering.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Empiree: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Joezinho:
Rest on King. Alaafin was a hugely respected monarch in the Southwest and lived his life to the fullest. He belongs to the rarefied selection of kings all over the world who ruled for decades in great health, pomp and pageantry.. He's also an erudite Yorùbá historian and folklorist. An ardent follower of Sango and a committed Muslim. His emergence as Alaafin wasn't smooth sailing as he had running power struggle with one of his chiefs called Ashipa within his kingdom.

In rulership hierarchy in Nigeria, he's on the same pedestal as the Oòni of Ìfẹ, the Sultan of Sokoto and the Obi of Onitsha.. He will be thoroughly missed by his people and across the federation coz he was an era.
This is oxymoron. He couldn't be a devout Muslim and ardent follower of sango at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by dataking: 5:10am On Apr 24, 2022
mywells:
This king should have been buried with a multi millions naira coffins,not with this deckens planks.

Shut up
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by bewla(m): 5:16am On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
I commiserate with his family and the entire Yoruba tribe
For once no sentiment
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by God1000(m): 6:44am On Apr 24, 2022
bewla:
For once no sentiment
I don't attach sentiments to my comments brother, I try as much as possible to be objective and neutral

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Ododoeye0020(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2022
obiekunie01:
so
even their oba na muslim

chai Fulani try i swearagad!
For your information. Our forefathers have been practising Muslims before the Fulani jihad. Islam has been striving in Yoruba land before Christianity

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by seglabsy(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2022
King3urna:

I no understand
meaning there will still be traditional rites for the dead secretly
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by 1870ven: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

Truly sad... These are the men that gave us a bit of stability and security we enjoy.. they have a way of stepping in before things get out of hand

May God forgive their shortcomings

[/s]
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by 1870ven: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

You spoke according to how you were raised and your level of intelligence so no offence taking about your insensitivity

Well go and read about all he did while alive, I believe a simple research would do

[/s]
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by eminikansoso(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2022
obiekunie01:

na fear make you no talk wetin i go hear!

i no talk to you, you quote me and start talking nonsense!

Na today you go know say no be everybody be your mate for Nairaland!

Mba ka ana ba n'azu agu! Mana azu an'uka! eh!

Ejiri ngi Ofo! Maka nobu Ofo ka ide ji awa ana!

mana ife osoro gi kwue, Ta ga bulu gi ubosi eri danda!

Imanye go aka n'ike nsi! iga fu nsi!

taa ki ga ma na mbe n'abo nwe nke bu oke!

e ga ama n'ejiro nwa dibia enene nsi!

Akpokuem Arobinagu Abagana!
Kpokue Dunu!
Kpokue Alusi Okija!
Kpokue Ojita Nimo!
Kpokue Omarikoko!
Kpokue Alusi Nteje!
Kpokue Ngene!
Kpokue Ajana!
Eh!
Kpokue Ogwugwu Eke!
Kpokue Odinenu!
Kpokue Ndi Ani!
Kpokue anyawu!
Kpokue Onwa!
Kpokue Kpakpando!
Eh!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'abali!
Kpoo ndi oje N'ammo!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'ammilli!

We na gwa unu ka unu so chienu nkita ara ana kpo eminikansoso!

Ife obuna okwuru bu somu, ka gbue ni'e ma zichighari'a ya azu mmaji n'asa!

Agwo na tu mbe naa onuya niyi!

Go si nu ya n'akwa okuku ara ru aji!

Okirikiri ka na agba ukwu ose ari ukwu ose enu! eh!

Onye kpu igu k'ewu n'eso! eminikansoso ikpu golu igu alu ga eso be gi!

Elo ya agha ana ojee pue na mkpu ka ewe kpoya elo nkpu! eh!

Eminikansoso Imanye go aka nike nsi! iga fu nsi!

Onaka bu lu aja ono nisi onye kota obulu!

Alusi Odumodu! kpruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaa! Ibu!

Isi ko ta ebu! Ebu Agbakasi anya! eh!

Ife obuna nkita ara ana kpo eminikansoso kwuru bu somu, ka gbue nie ma zichighari'a ya azu mmaji na n'asa! Ise!

Hahaha
angry grin
Ina ti aba da fun eye igunugu eye omi ran ni afi sun.
Oya gbogbo orisa merindinlogun ton be ni odua, oya egbera elo si ile obiekunie ki elo da seria fun. Nitori ofi enu re bu oba Alade Alaafin Adeyemi.
Oni sala lala
Oni sala lala
Ti aja ba sun afi oro ile sun
Eji oungbe iwo ni ogba omo leti igba igba
Eji oungbe iwo ni ofi kunmon gbongbo ba omo alaigboran wi.
Oya gbe ra losi odo obiekunie ki oda seria fun.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Haykinx98(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2022
halfcurrent:
For my education, what’s the difference between Alaafin of Oyo and Olubadan?
Going by history, Alaafin of Oyo is not just an ordinary king but one of the sons of Oduduwa while Olubadan is upgraded baale(Chief) to king.Which means Alaafin is more superior and was chosen by the oracle unlike the Olubadan that was choosed by the people/government. This is why only few kings have the traditional beaded crown in Yorubaland ,Issues like this as led to power tussle between Ooni and Alaafin in the past because they both have a traditional beaded crown...Meanwhile the Olubadan beaded crown was confered and can be taken at anytime
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by hopexter(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2022
BoBiafra:

It means; The Yorubas are conquered people; in return they including there monarchy;worships there masters gods.

"This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. [b]It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran."

Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service.

The question is, was Islam the Fulani original religion? Maguzanci" or Bori is a pre-Islamic traditional religion of the Fulani people that involves magic and spirit possession before they got conquered by the Middle Eastern, raped their women, wives and children, gave birth to children of curly hair, forced to accept religion they knew nothing about by the Middle East. Pushed them off their land and made them wanderers and menace to other African regions like West Africa.

Curly hair on a black man is how we know the people from North Africa who left their land out of Hunger and wandered all over west Africa for greener grass for themselves and livestock.

I hope you don’t have curly hair? If you do, West Africa is not your land and we west Africans are very accommodating but we know ourselves through our hair. Find where you’re from and go back to your land cos you should be strong enough to fight for it by now lol grin grin

Fulani- Nigeria
Fulan- Sierra Leone
Fula- Ghana

Should I continue? The world Fula is to remind you lots that you’re not from West Africa and you can tell from your curly hair grin grin

Africa in general accepted western religions like Christianity and Islam by whatever means then and Usman dan Fodio was only a high rank slave who helped spread the Islam religion through his own barbaric means. undecided

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by hopexter(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2022
obiekunie01:

Kpokue Dunu!
Kpokue Alusi Okija!
Kpokue Ojita Nimo!
Kpokue Omarikoko!
Kpokue Alusi Nteje!
Kpokue Ngene!
Kpokue Ajana!
Eh!
Kpokue Ogwugwu Eke!
Kpokue Odinenu!
Kpokue Ndi Ani!
Kpokue anyawu!
Kpokue Onwa!
Kpokue Kpakpando!
Eh!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'abali!
Kpoo ndi oje N'ammo!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'ammilli!

Ife obuna nkita ara ana kpo eminikansoso kwuru bu somu, ka gbue nie ma zichighari'a ya azu mmaji na n'asa! Ise!

Make una carry this una occultic fight go una shrine na, today na Sunday abeg angry angry
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mywells: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2022
dataking:

Shut up
same to you.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by izubext007: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
If they should tell you what is under that small coffin ehn
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by juman(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
He is dead and buried.
Erin wo!
Ajanaku subu, kole dide!
Death is the end of every soul.

He was good aalafin.
There is limit a traditional ruler could do, they have little to no role in constitution.
He stood for june 12. He was victimized by abacha because of his support for that.
I feel like his death news should be unreal.

Hope new aalafin would be a good king.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by bewla(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
I don't attach sentiments to my comments brother, I try as much as possible to be objective and neutral
Go fort and sin no more

Remain bless

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Justsylvia(f): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
RIP
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Bfly: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
I just like this religion for how they KISS in almost everything.

RIP Great King
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by HRMK: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
THAT WAS A SMOKESCREEN!THE TRADITIONALISTS DID THE ACTUAL BURIAL!!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by King3urna(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
seglabsy:
meaning there will still be traditional rites for the dead secretly

So his first one should be the Arab way as an Arab man or what do they practice African traditions in Arab
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by seglabsy(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
King3urna:

So his first one should be the Arab way as an Arab man or what do they practice African traditions in Arab
ANY HOW,U KNOW HE WAS A MUSLIM
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Chidi2022: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
obiekunie01:

Kpokue Dunu!
Kpokue Alusi Okija!
Kpokue Ojita Nimo!
Kpokue Omarikoko!
Kpokue Alusi Nteje!
Kpokue Ngene!
Kpokue Ajana!
Eh!
Kpokue Ogwugwu Eke!
Kpokue Odinenu!
Kpokue Ndi Ani!
Kpokue anyawu!
Kpokue Onwa!
Kpokue Kpakpando!
Eh!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'abali!
Kpoo ndi oje N'ammo!
Kpoo Ndi oje N'ammilli!

ifukwala nwoke....
ifele adi gi at all......
onye nzuzu.....
i na so m oyi....
anu ofia nwuru anwu.....
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by juman(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
Despite he was 83 years old his death is still a big surprise to me.

Reality is anyone can die any moment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere / Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.