Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video (63699 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by justparamount(m): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:
so even their oba na muslim

chai fulani try i swearagad!

If na Christian that means the whites try mumu

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Femeto: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
He should have rejected Tinubu when he came visiting for elections.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BoBiafra(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Alaafin of Oyo [/b]cause of death And Details About Him

Alaafin of Oyo was 83 years old and the longest-reigning Alaafin ever, having [b]ruled for 52 years

The monarch had been sick and a plan had been made to fly him abroad [/b]before he passed on late Friday night.

Seyi Makinde, the Governor of Oyo State, southwest Nigeria, is expected to make an official announcement upon receiving the report of the monarch’s passing from the Bashorun of Oyo, Yusuf Akinade, the head of the ‘Oyo Mesi’, who will now lead Oyo town before a new Alaafin is installed.

A source familiar [b]with the medical travel plan
said the tickets of Alaafin of Oyo and those of a few wives were already procured.

The Alaafin of Oyo’s death came months after the two other senior Oyo State monarchs – the Olubadan of Ibadan, Saliu Adetunji, and the Soun of Ogbomoso, Jimoh Oyewumi died.

All happened in less than five months.

Things ive learnt;

1. He ruled for 52 years without building a standard hospital in Yoruba land.

Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani. They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for. [i]Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport and pleasure. [/i]They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. [b]It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. [/b]In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we intend to continue. The Igbo tried to stop us in 1966 and between 1967 and 1969 they paid a terrible price. They were brought to heel and since then they have been broken. We will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa's biggest war zone and refugee camp if they try it. Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and they want to take even that from us. We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The war has just begun, the Mujahadeen are more than ready and by Allah we shall win. If they don't want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge. Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100 years. The Fulani have very long memories.'' Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service.

Things ive learnt.
1. The Yoruba monarchs are still conquered;they worship there masters (conqueror) gods.

RIP

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
mirinder:
nibo nibe
Ilesha Area
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by oyebolaidris: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
He's yet to be buried.
He's to be buried tonight.
Curfew has been declared.
Na Oyo I dey.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by olabright31: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

God will punish you. So anybody that is Muslim is a Fulani slave, you fool, what are you? Stupid small kids on the loose
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Arysexy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
NohurryInLife:

How you take know??

Are you denying a well known ritual in yoloba land?

2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by bizzibodi(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
mirinder:
do these young women sleep with him? I mean he's old
No where d strength...Boyz are around to help him.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Antyxx: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Joezinho:
Rest on King. Alaafin was a hugely respected monarch in the Southwest and lived his life to the fullest. He belongs to the rarefied selection of kings all over the world who ruled for decades in great health, pomp and pageantry.. He's also an erudite Yorùbá historian and folklorist. An ardent follower of Sango and a committed Muslim. His emergence as Alaafin wasn't smooth sailing as he had running power struggle with one of his chiefs called Ashipa within his kingdom.

In rulership hierarchy in Nigeria, he's on the same pedestal as the Oòni of Ìfẹ, the Sultan of Sokoto and the Obi of Onitsha.. He will be thoroughly missed by his people and across the federation coz he was an era.
But I wonder why people are dumb? Why respecting someone that never brought development to a Hamlet,I can't even call Oyo a town, an underdeveloped shithole Hamlet.
He ruled for years, how many industries is in Oyo?

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Antyxx: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
eminikansoso:

Rada rada rede rede ni ba ku....Ase
Ofo ni Omi efo se ......Ase
Omori igba ki ri di Joko......Ase
Ni oni yi ti ofi enu re bu oba Alade, ootu ba egbe pe mon.......Ase
LoL, you must be so daft and dumb
Nigeria sink in poverty, and wretchedness, you don't need to curse. 90% of Nigeria ko ba egbe pe teletele, meaning most Nigerians are rags compared to citizens of other Nations, thanks to the useless kings and politicians all around

And yes, our generation would stop respecting or giving senseless credence to people that have stolen our future. And it is those Obas ass well as the political leaders

How many industry is in Oyo town? An underdeveloped town known for Charms and stupid superstitious beliefs.

Good riddance

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by blkmum700: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

Ignorance
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by amdoyin82(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
God1000:
I commiserate with his family and the entire Yoruba tribe
Thank you. You shall live long.0
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by God1000(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
amdoyin82:
Thank you. You shall live long.0
Amen, thanks Man
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Sterope(f): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
I feel for his young kids but they should hold their mothers responsible. They are about to experience a different kind of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Tomek09(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
effort1:

Ghanaians, Malians, Togolese traders and traders from other African countries.
[/s]
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Tomek09(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
BoBiafra:
Alaafin of Oyo [/b]cause of death And Details About Him

Alaafin of Oyo was 83 years old and the longest-reigning Alaafin ever, having [b]ruled for 52 years

The monarch had been sick and a plan had been made to fly him abroad [/b]before he passed on late Friday night.

Seyi Makinde, the Governor of Oyo State, southwest Nigeria, is expected to make an official announcement upon receiving the report of the monarch’s passing from the Bashorun of Oyo, Yusuf Akinade, the head of the ‘Oyo Mesi’, who will now lead Oyo town before a new Alaafin is installed.

A source familiar [b]with the medical travel plan
said the tickets of Alaafin of Oyo and those of a few wives were already procured.

The Alaafin of Oyo’s death came months after the two other senior Oyo State monarchs – the Olubadan of Ibadan, Saliu Adetunji, and the Soun of Ogbomoso, Jimoh Oyewumi died.

All happened in less than five months.

Things ive learnt;

1. He ruled for 52 years without building a standard hospital in Yoruba land.

Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani. They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for. [i]Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport and pleasure. [/i]They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. [b]It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. [/b]In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we intend to continue. The Igbo tried to stop us in 1966 and between 1967 and 1969 they paid a terrible price. They were brought to heel and since then they have been broken. We will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa's biggest war zone and refugee camp if they try it. Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and they want to take even that from us. We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The war has just begun, the Mujahadeen are more than ready and by Allah we shall win. If they don't want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge. Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100 years. The Fulani have very long memories.'' Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service.

Things ive learnt.
1. The Yoruba monarchs are still conquered;they worship there masters (conqueror) gods.

RIP
[/s]
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mywells: 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
This king should have been buried with a multi millions naira coffins,not with this deckens planks.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BoBiafra(m): 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
Rubbish

All facts.
He was alaafin for 53 years ;He didnt build any mordern hospital in Yoruba land;reason why they wanted to fly him abroad for medical treatment;

Fact.

Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service.

Was right even your Alaafin (Yoruba monarchs;worships there masters gods) Fact.

Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani. They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for. Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport [/b]and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. [b]We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani [/b]Emir. We[b] took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please.

Debunk my facts ;with facts; or forever keep ; grumbling , moaning and groaning as much as you want; like your other Yoruba tribesmen ;and woman; but each time you go into your bedrooms to meet your wives and each time they get on your prayer mats to begin prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of,
Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Tomek09(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
BoBiafra:

All facts.
He was alaafin for 53 years ;He didnt build any mordern hospital in Yoruba land;reason why they wanted to fly him abroad for medical treatment;

Fact.

Was right even your Alaafin (Yoruba monarchs;worships there masters gods) Fact.

Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani. They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for. Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport [/b]and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. [b]We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani [/b]Emir. We[b] took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please.

Debunk my facts ;with facts; or forever keep ; grumbling , moaning and groaning as much as you want; like your other Yoruba tribesmen ;and woman; but each time you go into your bedrooms to meet your wives and each time they get on your prayer mats to begin prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of,
Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service

[/s]
Bull crap. Stop mentioning me to ur gibberish
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Tomek09(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
mywells:
This king should have been buried with a multi millions naira coffins,not with this deckens planks.
He is an afonja moslem angry grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by UncommonLogic: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

See the sad effects of meth and cannibalism.
Pls say no to meth and cannibalism.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BoBiafra(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
Bull crap. Stop mentioning me to ur gibberish

1+1=2
Facts only;Truth hurts.
You started it all; I never mentioned you in my post.

I gave a simple analysis ;with facts.
Prove me wrong ;or learn something from it.

I come in peace.

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mirinder: 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Ilesha Area
jeka fe arawa. Omo yibø nimi. Ka bi halfcaste
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
mirinder:
jeka fe arawa. Omo yibø nimi. Ka bi halfcaste
ma a ma ro. Smiles
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BoBiafra(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
hopexter:

Don’t be stupid you bloody ipob. Is Islam for Fulani alone?

It means; The Yorubas are conquered people; in return they including there monarchy;worships there masters gods.

"This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. [b]It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran."

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by KnightB(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

Did you know that Islam got to the southwest before North?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by eminikansoso(m): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Antyxx:

LoL, you must be so daft and dumb
Nigeria sink in poverty, and wretchedness, you don't need to curse. 90% of Nigeria ko ba egbe pe teletele, meaning most Nigerians are rags compared to citizens of other Nations, thanks to the useless kings and politicians all around

And yes, our generation would stop respecting or giving senseless credence to people that have stolen our future. And it is those Obas ass well as the political leaders

How many industry is in Oyo town? An underdeveloped town known for Charms and stupid superstitious beliefs.

Good riddance
Ewu Congo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by mirinder: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
ma a ma ro. Smiles
ma jeko pe oh. Mama re tie abi ki n send DM
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by tonquendo4u(m): 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
I am a Christian. But I really respect the simplicity of Muslim's burial. Gives me goose pimple. No matter who you are, na simple burial u go collect.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by BoBiafra(m): 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
KnightB:

Did you know that Islam got to the southwest before North?

Ashi grin

Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani. They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for. Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Uthman Dan Fodio. [b]We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. [/b]We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. [b]It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. [/b]In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we intend to continue. The Igbo tried to stop us in 1966 and between 1967 and 1969 they paid a terrible price. They were brought to heel and since then they have been broken. We will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa's biggest war zone and refugee camp if they try it. Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and they want to take even that from us. We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The war has just begun, the Mujahadeen are more than ready and by Allah we shall win. If they don't want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge. Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100 years. The Fulani have very long memories.'' Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo is a former Head of Nigerian State Security Service.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by King3urna(m): 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
seglabsy:
NO,TRADITIONAL RITE AT 9PM LATER TODAY

I no understand

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video by King3urna(m): 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
obiekunie01:

you dey mind them!

i dey even talk the matter some morons were even isulting their father!

A WHOLE OBA! A CUSTODIAN OF YORUBA CULTURE BURIED LIKE A DOG! AND HIS PEOPLE DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Is a shock to me for real

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere / Ooni Of Ife Performs Ritual Before Boarding Arik Airplane (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.