Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina (16627 Views)

Army Knew About Southern Kaduna Attack But Did Nothing - Residents / FFK: If Obasanjo Had Been In Power Today, Terrorism Would Have Been History / Sex Scandal: Obasanjo Had Sex Indiscriminately In Aso Rock- Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by gosmoney(m): 10:44am On Apr 24, 2022
buygala:
As much as I dislike this Buhari's government, Femi is right on this one

Whatever OBJ is saying should be done by this government, he should have done it when he was President... He cannot hold someone to a standard different from that which he held himself to when he was President

Just like Buhari, he had the advantage of being President both as a Military man and as a civilian President who spent his full Eight-year Tenure.. So he had exactly the same opportunity Buhari has to fix whatever he is now saying should be fixed, but he didn't sad

Instead he was busy strong-arming people for a 3rd term, and harassing poor Atiku undecided .

That OBJ's harassment has caused Atiku so much PTSD that till date and even in the foreseeable future, Atiku cannot cum grin

Baba should respect his old age and rest... He cannot be a disappointed spectator in the same game where he was once the star player sad
shot up ur mouth is things worst under obj has it is nw u be Mumu man garra of here
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by 989900: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
GloriousGbola:
It's the economy stupid! The first and forest index for the performance of an administration is the standard of living of the citizens

Obasanjo is hands down the best president this country had. His policies led to a wave of prosperity and the return of the middle class.

Obj initiated CONMESS to ensure medical professionals had a living wage

The liberalisation of telecoms was a major boost to the economy. I was there when Mtn and Co were setting up.

You got a job in the telco or you got a job providing services to the telco

Then we had Soludo who forced banks to capitalise with 25bn.the immediate aftermath was 200k entry level banking jobs.

It was a time to be alive. No one was stamping themselves to death at job tests. You knew that you would eventually get a good job. It was inevitable. I interviewed with three telco and eventually with an oil company.

It is only people who did not live through the Obj years that can talk s**t.

And Obj like the average yoruba man was fully detrabilised and had a multi ethnic cabinet of performers

Today a part of me wishes he got his third term because he unfortunately understood that there is no comtinnum in politics.

Yardua undid oso many things Obj did, and completely abandoned electricity. To this day there are transformers rotting away in Apapa. They are probably obsolete scrap now. Yardua initiated the uselessness of efcc when he chased out nuhu ribadu

Continuity is the bane of Nigerian politics. Within Lagos Ambode torpedoed so many of fasholas previous initiatives and set lagos back. Obiano did the same to Peter obi. And these were people in the same party who were supposed to have a common vision.

The true fxxkup in the story is Atiku. He was VP, would succeed Obj, was apparently in tune with all Obj was doing, but rather than wait, the ediat tried to run a Palace coup.

So Obj damaged and neutralised him, and looked for the two most malleable persons who he could control from out of office,so that his policies would continue.

And now here we are.

Obj was not perfect, but he created a Nigeria where we all had hope. People were coming back, not japaing enmasse.

To buttress your point, when I do visit Nigeria then, most of my friends/relatives that used to pressure me to help them "japa" were no longer that interested. Some of them were gainfully employed then and were even traveling overseas for vacation/education and return -- not "japa"!

At some point, it was less than ₦120 to $1!
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Rayjnr: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
murmee:
That Obasanjo was trying to please the North is a fact. He didn't want to offend the North for whatever reasons best known to him. So what Nigeria really needs now is someone who can call the bluff of the North and I seriously believe that the point to critically start that is to RESTRUCTURE the country!

Exactly but in doing so, they shouldn't give much economic powers to the governors, cuz they are emperors.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by kettykings: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2022
Adesina is the problem of Buhari
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by GloriousGbola: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
989900:

To buttress your point, when I do visit Nigeria then, most of my friends/relatives that used to pressure me to help them "japa" were no longer that interested. Some of them were gainfully employed then and were even traveling overseas for vacation/education and return -- not "japa"!

At some point, it was less than ₦120 to $1!

we had a friend who came visiting from uk. we were yabbing the guy - see all this sweet that they sell in go-slow - that is what you carry come cheesy

chai cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by buckeyemedia: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
Obasanjo did a lot for Nigeria, he never divided Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines, he was a president for all and sundry, the reason nobody agitated for restructuring under him.

The same cannot be said about this government that keeps dividing Nigeria everyday.

Buhari's body language has so much emboldened killer herdsmen and bandits to continue their heinous acts particularly in my state benue, they kill innocent people everyday and get away with it, no punishment.

He also made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world.

He's not a good and patriotic president, history won't be kind to him

My biggest mistake was voting for him in 2015 thinking he was the Messiah we've been waiting for

It pains me so much what Nigerian has been reduced to, I'm stained by the ugliness of this place
Demonic Obasanjo, Useless Hypocrite.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by patrickmuf(m): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2022
When Buhari leaves office he'll start talking about restructuring and state policing...Wait for it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by specialmati(m): 11:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Benmob:
apc is not different either and ur brain no tell u say 80% of Apc politicians when in PDP before that did nothing for d country for 16 year, d defection of yari from pdp to apc back to pdp again,did not teach u lesson that apc and pdp are bird of d same feather. angry angry undecided
cool cool cool today is Sunday I will pity you.next time before you quote me.ask God for the spirit of understanding.and try and read other of my post.this is for PDP.Go and read what I wrote about APC.am not a fans of any of those useless party’s wrecking havoc to this great country.be slow to attack
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by tesppidd: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2022
Angelfrost:

In summary... Adesina is basically telling a thief not to call out the thief he currently serves!

Thank you for putting it succinctly that Buhari has failed woefully, and can't help but deflect blames instead of accepting their profound failure!
Rather thank me for asserting that we have had "thieves" as Presidents since the inception of democracy in 99.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by udeh3(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2022
buygala:

Whatever OBJ is saying should be done by this government, he should have done it when he was President... He cannot hold someone to a standard different from that which he held himself to when he was President

Just like Buhari, he had the advantage of being President both as a Military man and as a civilian President who spent his full Eight-year Tenure.. So he had exactly the same opportunity Buhari has to fix whatever he is now saying should be fixed, but he didn't sad

Instead he was busy strong-arming people for a 3rd term, and harassing poor Atiku undecided .

That OBJ's harassment has caused Atiku so much PTSD that till date and even in the foreseeable future, Atiku cannot cum grin

Baba should respect his old age and rest... He cannot be a disappointed spectator in the same game where he was once the star player sad

So, democracy is no longer progressive again abi? OBJ was the beginning of Democratic reign in Nigeria, and as young Nigeria, the new Constitution as at then was newly written, so, when it hasn't been tested for long, how will there be an amendment.

We really need education in this country. So, OBJ that was a president for over 15yrs ago should amend Constitution for this regime when the problem faced now weren't same then?

Na waoooohhhhh!
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Mrpojj(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2022
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Honestfrend: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2022
[s]
post=112225206:
Dem [/b] : AKA [b]DA truth in da building!
tongue tongue tongue
Truth is not bitter, just that some people are bitter to the truth.
Let us hit 'em with the bitter truth that is ALWAYS difficult for them to view or swallow one more time wink

Enemies of Nigeria, AKA, Children of hate, frustrations and perdition,

Who are you calling dictator ?

Ex- President Obasanjo removed Senate Presidents at will, removed any opposing voice, removed Fayose for a small insult, and removed Ladoja with thugs in Ibadan.
Who are you calling “DICTATOR”? BUHARI.

Ex-President Obasanjo withheld Lagos State fund for 3 years, not minding how Lagosians would eat, Yaradua got there and released the fund.

NASS members were abusing President Buhari openly, messing up everything at will; Gov. Fayose has been abusing President Buhari for 4 years now.
Not a single State in Nigeria has been denied their constitutional rights because of politics till date, all their funds, Paris fund and bail out, FAAC etc.
But who is the DICTATOR? BUHARI.

Ex-President Jonathan ensured that NASS opposition members were locked out including Tambuwa the Speaker of the house.
They had to climb gate to gain access.

Jonathan empowered OPCs in Lagos and they were destroying anything in Ikorodu to Ojota that looked like opposition party.
Orga of DSS was used to invade APC secretariat, Journalist arrested and Newspapers siezed, we forgot all these….

Ekiti was militarised, Fayose was given power from Aso rock to order Military guys at will.
Fayemi the incumbent at that moment was rendered powerless that he was shouting when Police commissioner was used by PDP and a guy was shot…All these videos and pictures are still here (google is your friend).
But who is the dictator? BUHARI.

Ex-President Jonathan met FX+ECA at $62 billion+. He DEPLETED it to less than $30 Billion in 5 years Jonathan sold crude oil for 5 years at an average of $100 per barrel of 2.2 million daily (2010-2014). Did he add a DIME to Nigeria purse in 5 years? NO.

Buhari the ILLITERATE sold oil at an average of $50 of less than 700,000 barrel at some points because of militancy, yet had moved that FX to $47 Billion in 3 years.

Don’t say how much did he borrow if you don’t even have the figure borrowed between 2010-2015 without adding a dime to FX.

Who is the ILLITERATE? BUHARIIII. Jide Omokore, Aluko and oil goddess Alinson made an oil deal of N1 trillion and chose not to remit to Nigeria under GEJ. Did anyone raise eyebrow?

INTEL of Ex-Vice President Atiku refused to remit to Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), not until last year that “ordinary” Hadiza the NPA boss challenged INTEL and insisted the funds must be remitted.

A Christian Professor had been leading JAMB all through Obasanjo to Jonathan yet for 40 years of JAMB; only N52 Million was remitted to FG.

A Muslim Professor who was appointed just in two years of handling JAMB remitted over N15 Billion. FIFTEEN BILLION. So who is following after righteousness?

For five years of Okonjo Iweala was paying over 45,000 ghost workers unabated, yet just within 3 years, “ordinary” Kemi Adeosun removed such nonsense…I ask again who is more effective?

Ordinary Abuja metro lane took 11 years from OBJ period that he INITIATED i
Ordinary intra-city metro lane o, but President Buhari that finished is within 3 years is the failure abi?

“Which project did President Buhari INITIATE and COMPLETE in 3 years yen-yen-yen”.
Mention any major project INITIATED AND COMPLETED in 3 years of Ex-President Obasanjo, or Ex-President Yar’Adua or Ex-President Jonathan?

So on what parameters are you using to judge 3 years of President Buhari INITIATING AND COMPLETING? Even PDP can’t finish their own secretariat let alone that which belong to NIGERIA.

Lagos-Ibadan road since Ex-President Obasanjo era till Ex-President Jonathan could not be finished.
In 3 years of President Buhari, the road is receiving serious attention.
Ask those who ply that road and those who go for Holy Ghost Congress monthly about
the difference in pace of work.
Wait, even Otuoke road in Bayelsa had to wait till President Buhari now starts to do the road.
Who is the failure? Can it be BUHARIIII.

What about “Almajiri School in the North? WHERE exactly are these Schools SITUATED in the North? OK, show us the picture.

Emm, 2nd Niger Bridge?
Lol, they completed it on the MAP, yet Fashola is on it PHYSICALLY now.

Did Buhari fail on security issue in Benue? YES. Did others before him fail on the same security issue in Benue? YESSS.
So where did you get all these noise of “Fulani President” is helping herdsmen?

Who was the President during Jos crisis, herdsmen killing people in Zamfara in 2013, Odi massacre, Kaduna crisis?
You think death suddenly started because President Buhari was a Fulani man?
That he failed in that is one thing, but that YOU are making a narrative of “Fulani President” is giving herdsmen power is funny.

January 1, 2018 in Omoku, Rivers State, Christians were coming from Church; cultists from the South South killed their own people.
You know why there was no serious noise by CAN and you?
You could not link it to President Buhari’s herdsmen or Fulani herdsmen.
The same WIKE that did not drop a million to support the families of those bereaved in his constituency (State) went to Benue State to donate N20 Milliion and you hailed him

Kidnapping of School children in Lagos; Badoo issue in Lagos; Crisis in Kaduna.
Who did you call on? Ambode the Governor of Lagos and El-Rufai of Kaduna.
When crisis happened in River State and Benue State, who did you shout about? President Buhari the herdsmen.
What about your Bishops, Pastors and Imans that made Aso Rock their abode between 2010-2015? What did they negotiate for the body of Christ or common citizens?
Yes, they got their jets; they got waivers and Universities all PERSONAL.
Now that the tap to fuel their jets and lifestyles had stopped, all they tell you from the pulpit is “LIES and Prophelying“.
Your anointed ones keep saying ANNOYING THINGS, yet you can’t query their lies?

Wait, I remember again your problem with President Buhari fighting corruption selectively.
So, mention ONE name among those in EFCC case without a case to defend.
If your hero Presidents had fought corruption with one leg, by now shebi it is the second leg that President Buhari will be fighting.

So what is your problem with the corrupt facing the music?
Oh, how about blablablabla.
If President Buhari did not catch them, somebody else will.
But stop crying in defence of the corrupt being asked to face the music.
If your uncle is corrupt, tell him to face it, and stop shouting how about other thieves.

I know you lost your job because Ex- President Jonathan lost out and your job with Mama Patience was terminated.
But stop using your personal loss as a yardstick for Buhari’s achievement.

Under your hero, several young Nigerians were SCAMMED by Boro collecting money from them for Job, in the process killing many young Nigerians.
Ex-President Jonathan cannot even sack him. So what do you want the families of those who died when Ex-President Jonathan scammed them of Jobs to do? Stop crying and face life.

For your information, all those lies about “hidden agenda” can only fly on you because they know you are biblically illiterate.
I even saw somebody hailing Femi-Fani Kayode for being the voice for the Church. Haaaaaa, abomination. Abeg make I stop here jare.

Your plan B, C and D of ruinous economy, escalated insecurities and secession bids will fail and Nigeria shall rise again in the committee of great nations.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Nigeria will bless those that blesses and pray for her and for the her enemies that curse her daily, she will deal with them by herself!

We Rise!
[/s]

Another 30k is coming to u to praise the Jonathan that you lambasted while campaigning for the Dullard..
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Tareq1105: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2022
buygala:

Obasanjo never promised or campaigned to restructure or to create state police. But Buhari promised restructuring.

Obasanjo could not have promised state police bcoz it was not necessary then. There was no division along tribes and religion then.

It's Buhari that brought hatred for one tribe and religion against the others.

There was no need for it then but now that Buhari has disowned some children in the family which brought about agitations there was need for every region to have some level of independence.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Okobola146: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2022
Shut the fok upand tell your master to do it. Always blaming the past
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Angelfrost(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2022
tesppidd:
Rather thank me for asserting that we have had "thieves" as Presidents since the inception of democracy in 99.

Precisely! Thank you! grin
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Okoroawusa: 11:29am On Apr 24, 2022
Na person wey no know OBJ na im dem dey tell stories for....

Obasanjo had so many opportunities to turn Nigeria around more than any president that came after him...

Yeye Baba Iyabo that slept with his daughter in law

1 Like

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by BENEAMATA: 11:40am On Apr 24, 2022
Pantami want to tell us he is not aware #nimc officials are fleecing as much as #9000 from nigerians to register their sims ? Frigging terrorist apologist appointed by a bigot .
Munafiki lot .
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Benmob: 11:40am On Apr 24, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool today is Sunday I will pity you.next time before you quote me.ask God for the spirit of understanding.and try and read other of my post.this is for PDP.Go and read what I wrote about APC.am not a fans of any of those useless party’s wrecking havoc to this great country.be slow to attack
wat concern ur write up and u pity me, but okay for telling me that u don't support both
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by tesppidd: 11:45am On Apr 24, 2022
Angelfrost:

Precisely! Thank you! grin
Exactly. So we need to drop the habit of glorifying one thief over another. Thanks.

grin grin
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Successlane: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
Oluwatobike:
For once this regime should accept event and stop blaming past regime.

Nooooooo
Government us a continum
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Nonsoco80(m): 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
post=112225206:
tongue tongue tongue
Let us hit 'em with the bitter truth that is ALWAYS difficult for them to view or swallow one more time wink

Ex- President Obasanjo removed Senate Presidents at will, removed any opposing voice, removed Fayose for a small insult, and removed Ladoja with thugs in Ibadan.

Ex-President Obasanjo withheld Lagos State fund for 3 years, not minding how Lagosians would eat, Yaradua got there and released the fund.

NASS members were abusing President Buhari openly, messing up everything at will; Gov. Fayose has been abusing President Buhari for 4 years now.
Not a single State in Nigeria has been denied their constitutional rights because of politics till date, all their funds, Paris fund and bail out, FAAC etc.

Ex-President Jonathan ensured that NASS opposition members were locked out including Tambuwa the Speaker of the house.

Jonathan empowered OPCs in Lagos and they were destroying anything in Ikorodu to Ojota that looked like opposition party.
Orga of DSS was used to invade APC secretariat, Journalist arrested and Newspapers siezed, we forgot all these….

Ekiti was militarised, Fayose was given power from Aso rock to order Military guys at will.
Fayemi the incumbent at that moment was rendered powerless that he was shouting when Police commissioner was used by PDP and a guy was shot…All these videos and pictures are still here (google is your friend).

Ex-President Jonathan met FX+ECA at $62 billion+. He DEPLETED it to less than $30 Billion in 5 years Jonathan sold crude oil for 5 years at an average of $100 per barrel of 2.2 million daily (2010-2014). Did he add a DIME to Nigeria purse in 5 years? NO.

Buhari the ILLITERATE sold oil at an average of $50 of less than 700,000 barrel at some points because of militancy, yet had moved that FX to $47 Billion in 3 years.

Don’t say how much did he borrow if you don’t even have the figure borrowed between 2010-2015 without adding a dime to FX.

Who is the ILLITERATE? BUHARIIII. Jide Omokore, Aluko and oil goddess Alinson made an oil deal of N1 trillion and chose not to remit to Nigeria under GEJ. Did anyone raise eyebrow?

INTEL of Ex-Vice President Atiku refused to remit to Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), not until last year that “ordinary” Hadiza the NPA boss challenged INTEL and insisted the funds must be remitted.

A Christian Professor had been leading JAMB all through Obasanjo to Jonathan yet for 40 years of JAMB; only N52 Million was remitted to FG.

A Muslim Professor who was appointed just in two years of handling JAMB remitted over N15 Billion. FIFTEEN BILLION. So who is following after righteousness?

For five years of Okonjo Iweala was paying over 45,000 ghost workers unabated, yet just within 3 years, “ordinary” Kemi Adeosun removed such nonsense…I ask again who is more effective?

Ordinary intra-city metro lane o, but President Buhari that finished is within 3 years is the failure abi?

“Which project did President Buhari INITIATE and COMPLETE in 3 years yen-yen-yen”.
Mention any major project INITIATED AND COMPLETED in 3 years of Ex-President Obasanjo, or Ex-President Yar’Adua or Ex-President Jonathan?

So on what parameters are you using to judge 3 years of President Buhari INITIATING AND COMPLETING? Even PDP can’t finish their own secretariat let alone that which belong to NIGERIA.

Lagos-Ibadan road since Ex-President Obasanjo era till Ex-President Jonathan could not be finished.
Ask those who ply that road and those who go for Holy Ghost Congress monthly about
Wait, even Otuoke road in Bayelsa had to wait till President Buhari now starts to do the road.

What about “Almajiri School in the North? WHERE exactly are these Schools SITUATED in the North? OK, show us the picture.

Emm, 2nd Niger Bridge?

Did Buhari fail on security issue in Benue? YES. Did others before him fail on the same security issue in Benue? YESSS.

Who was the President during Jos crisis, herdsmen killing people in Zamfara in 2013, Odi massacre, Kaduna crisis?
That he failed in that is one thing, but that YOU are making a narrative of “Fulani President” is giving herdsmen power is funny.

January 1, 2018 in Omoku, Rivers State, Christians were coming from Church; cultists from the South South killed their own people.
The same WIKE that did not drop a million to support the families of those bereaved in his constituency (State) went to Benue State to donate N20 Milliion and you hailed him

When crisis happened in River State and Benue State, who did you shout about? President Buhari the herdsmen.
What about your Bishops, Pastors and Imans that made Aso Rock their abode between 2010-2015? What did they negotiate for the body of Christ or common citizens?
Now that the tap to fuel their jets and lifestyles had stopped, all they tell you from the pulpit is “LIES and Prophelying“.

Wait, I remember again your problem with President Buhari fighting corruption selectively.
If your hero Presidents had fought corruption with one leg, by now shebi it is the second leg that President Buhari will be fighting.

If your uncle is corrupt, tell him to face it, and stop shouting how about other thieves.

I know you lost your job because Ex- President Jonathan lost out and your job with Mama Patience was terminated.

Under your hero, several young Nigerians were SCAMMED by Boro collecting money from them for Job, in the process killing many young Nigerians.
Ex-President Jonathan cannot even sack him. So what do you want the families of those who died when Ex-President Jonathan scammed them of Jobs to do? Stop crying and face life.

For your information, all those lies about “hidden agenda” can only fly on you because they know you are biblically illiterate.
I even saw somebody hailing Femi-Fani Kayode for being the voice for the Church. Haaaaaa, abomination. Abeg make I stop here jare.

Your plan B, C and D of ruinous economy, escalated insecurities and secession bids will fail and Nigeria shall rise again in the committee of great nations.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Nigeria will bless those that blesses and pray for her and for the her enemies that curse her daily, she will deal with them by herself!

We Rise!
You wrote all these things because of 30k stipend that you are paid. This your work is not easy at all. They have to increase your money so at least to eat good food and take care of your meat selling business. Tufiakwa
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by ArewaNorth: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
Obasanjo did a lot for Nigeria, he never divided Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines, he was a president for all and sundry, the reason nobody agitated for restructuring under him.

The same cannot be said about this government that keeps dividing Nigeria everyday.

Buhari's body language has so much emboldened killer herdsmen and bandits to continue their heinous acts particularly in my state benue, they kill innocent people everyday and get away with it, no punishment.

My biggest mistake was voting for him in 2015 thinking he was the Messiah we've been waiting for

It pains me so much what Nigerian has been reduced to, I'm stained by the ugliness of this place

You were either kid or know nothing abt OBJ's administration. He was bigot and killed Northern Nigeria economically by deliberately allowing power sector decay. Kano had more industries than any other part of this Nation but he preferred to kill power sector and supplied gas through pipelines to his state and Lagos alone and end up telling us that we should look for his $16b looted power project in his book called "my watch".
During Abacha's cruel regime and the first tenure of OBJ, power was a bit stable. Infrastructure was very poor under OBJ.
He was religious bigot, i don't want to state his religious jingoism and bigotry here but his actions prompted the religious divisions we are witnessing today...
There were so much political assassination under OBJ, so much ethno-religious conflicts in Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Bauchi, Yoruba and Igbo lands that are now reduced to few states. The ethnic clashes were too much then compared to now. During g his reign, there were too many political thugs across almost all Nigerian states. Election used to be announced when voters were on voting queue. Governors used to be imposed on states from Abuja. Senate Presidents and Speakers were serially impeached at his order, in just one tenure he supervised the impeachment of nit less than 3 SPs and 3 Speakers, Governors used to be impeached by him unconstitutionally; constitution and rule of law were just useless those years. INEC was a body of appointing supposed to be elected public officials.
Should we have the power of social media and access to quick information through internet the sins of OBJ would still be fresh in our memories. He is someone who was fully aware of the threat of Boko Haram insurgency but refused to take action and handed Yaradua the disaster we are experiencing today....
OBJ was just lucky that all sanctions on Nigeria imposed by West and US were relieved and made the economy to improve significantly as such.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Deadlytruth(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:

Your quest for political correctness is legendary. If the agitation for restructuring didn'r start during Obasanjo's time as you would have us believe, then what was the meaning and objective behind the various civil societies' demand for a Sovereign National Conference which Obasanjo frustrated repeatedly and labelled the agitators as agents of division? You claim he wasn't divisive and was a president for all and sundry yet it was in his time the word marginalization came into Nigeria's political dictionary from the Northerners who even railroaded him to presidency? Didn't Northerners accuse him of religious bigotry and favouritism? He was not divisive to you but ordered soldiers to massacre over 5000 innocent civilians in Odi (Bayelsa State) and Zakibiam ( your home Benue State) combined for what he described as assault on security operatives while on duty but when the same assault on security operatives on duty happened in Ota and Shagamu both in his home state of Ogun he looked the other way and feigned Ignorance.
A man you claim did a lot for Nigeria is the same man who allowed the seeds of the intractable insecurity we have today germinate and nutured to maturity because he felt taking action at a time it was all at its easily crushable bud stage would rob him of political capital necessary for his 2003 second term bid.
See where he confessed to have allowed Boko Haram freedom to grow into the monster it is today:
https://www.channelstv.com/tag/chief-olusegun-obasanjo/page/3/
Note where the report reads thus:
General Obasanjo further noted, “Boko Haram have been in existence for years…they didn’t disturb my government because when I was in government I did not disturb their Sharia.” He declared, “Sharia is part of our constitution".

Then, the man who purportedly did a lot for Nigeria by your own standards left a legacy of the worst elections in the history of Nigeria, ballot box snatching in broad daylight, Ghana Must Go (GMG) syndrome, signed into law for federal legislators the jumbo allowances which have become a drain pipe on national purse, declared that elections were a do-or-die affair for him and his party, singlehandedly imposed a terminally ill succesor from deep obscurity, slept with his daughter in-law, milked the nation of $16bn in the name of power sector reforms which ended up in greater darkness, supervised the high profile political assassinations of at least twenty national figures including a minister of justice in his own cabinet without any trace of the perpetrators, conducted sham elections and defended the fraud with the declaration that Jesus would not be able to conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria 14 years after IBB (a man who namd himself a form of Devil - evil genius) had successfully conducted the freest and fairest election in the history of Nigeria, etc.
No one is saying Buhari has not disappointed those who supported him but trying to paint Obasanjo a saint just to get at Buhari only shows that you have the tendency to likewise paint Buhari a saint in future to make a point against a future president who disappoints as well, and this exactly is why Nigeria will ever remain in the doldrums.

If you regret that Buhari is a disaster whom you voted for, yet the Obasanjo who also supported him to power hence brought the disaster appears to have done a lot for Nigeria in your eyes, don't you think you are guilty of cognitive dissonance? Think.

1 Like

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by ambale(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
With the comments I'm seeing here, then we should be expecting the next president to be worse than this, so we can kukuma continue blaming all past leaders

From what I know, no two government is same, why not do what's best during your time and leave who didnt do much

Obviously, this is a very bad precedence we are setting
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Blast1: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:

Obasanjo is one of the best thing that happened to Nigeria but most people will never accept it. He did a lot without too many media publicity.

Most people voted in 2015 based on sentiments to the extent of falsely castigating Good luck Jonathan.

My prayer is that God should give us the right leader with godly wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by lexy2014: 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
post=112225206:
tongue tongue tongue

Emm, 2nd Niger Bridge?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

We Rise!

In all you have written about buharis predecessors, can you tell us how has buhari made nigeria better since 2015 since u saying Obasanjo & Jonathan didn't do enough?

You mentioned excess crude account. Since you Jonathan depleted the ECA, what did your darling daddy do to it? Did he add to it? Buhari inherited $2.1b from Jonathan. Today ECA is $35m. How's that possible under saint buhari?

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by BlackDuke(m): 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
The security situation President Obasanjo faced were not as grim as what is obtainable today, at least he was proactive by signing the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps bill to tackle the then prevelent crime of vandalism.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by zoedew: 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
So your Principal should also do nothing! Government is a continuum!
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by Vicilo(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
buygala:

People like u lacks understanding of d two situations. D present security situation in Nigeria calls for urgent adoption of state policing as per restructuring. Obj isn't a saint but under his administration Nigeria never experienced this kind of insecurities. So d Adesina should shut up.
Secondly, this restructuring is among what this same buhari's administration promised before we chased pdp away. Am ashamed to say that I voted this madness in 2015.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by pieces: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418704/state-policing-restructuring-obasanjo-opportunity-nothing-adesina/

I don't know who bewitched this odesinner. Must you blame everyday? The man is so imbecilic to my liking. If my memory is not failing me.

Obasanjo made local government areas relevant by ensuring their share of monthly allocation goes to them direct which was why Nigerian governors at the time sued him. I can remember some few years back a former governor was saying they forth Obasanjo for giving local government areas powers.

I can also remember then local government chairmen could execute projects. It was then that ALGON became so strong.

And they extended the association to neighbouring African countries.

What do we have now? Nunsense man.

It was Obasanjo who prosecuted a serving IGP Tafa Balogun for corruption.

But what do we have today? Corrupt people are being rewarded with more juicy appointments.

If I were odessinner's wife or relations, I would disown him because he has no use to Nigerians.
Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by harmargedon: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
post=112225206:
tongue tongue tongue

Emm, 2nd Niger Bridge?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

We Rise!

Re: State Policing, Restructuring: Obasanjo Had Opportunity But Did Nothing- Adesina by pieces: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Na person wey no know OBJ na im dem dey tell stories for....

Obasanjo had so many opportunities to turn Nigeria around more than any president that came after him...

Yeye Baba Iyabo that slept with his daughter in law

Show us the video so that we go believe you.

After all, what stopped buhari from utilizing the opportunity he has now? Instead, he has made the country so bad that unless the Nigeria is returned to factory settings, nobody can fix it.

Or, since he doesn't have the brain to improve on anything, he should leave things the way he met them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diri, Uzodinma, Dino Favourites To Win November 11 Election – Falcon Alliance / Niger-Delta Avengers Twitter Handle Suspended (pics) / Donald Trump Swears To Biafra. Raw Photos And Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.