Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave (23989 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by vickydevoka(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2022
PEXBlog:
Talk to member of their family. At least, your wife's parents are still alive.

If you can't do that, send him an errand, before he comes back, help him pack his load into your car booth, then tell him to follow you to a place, then drive him to the park straight and bid him farewell.
You are a lady that's y. Truly it's not easy as u think. Na web U need de attention of your in-law u go knw say life e no easy. Dem don see u as bad person. If I treat people by de way I was treated back then in Nigeria, I don't think of de will feel good about it. People are actually different. Some people are like 99 good + 1 bad = 100 bad. That's y I if chosen to care for you I always give it 100 percent. Buh I really I have to observe you. I don't make slay queens and fresh boys type my friend bcus it doesn't work for me.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Kimiso(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2022
redcliff:

you are the kind of person that will borrow money from someone and refuse to pay back, you are also the kind of person that will owe landlord and take him to court for wanting to evict you. Givers never lack, you ask am whether him get to give? you wey be proponent of giving, go and house the brother in law.
you must be stupid for asking me to accomodate a stranger who is not my family
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

I don't have any hate to that, but I hate it when an able person seat down and be doing yahoo yahoo in my house with hope to scam someone when there is a countless of job. At least if I could get him a job and he refuses is that good enough?? To me he had lose focus to game instead of pursue his life. God said he will bless the work of thy hand. Sleeping and waking without doing something in my house is a big NO for me
oga, there's no harm in pressing him like 50k and telling him you don't want to see him in your house by the time you get back from work tomorrow. You and your wife will still settle, if her parents ask, tell them your side of the story and if they turn am to quarrel, they can keep him in their own house. Your wife isn't helping matters but she go get sense one day.

PS, don't tell her before giving him the money and quit notice. Me sef hate lazy cretins cool
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by President2001(m): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2022
When your wife heat from you she will do the needful, you can't be forced to do what you don't have capacity for
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Slurity(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:
How will a sane person allow his wife's junior brother to come for holiday only to turn one of the guess room to his permanent room...

I have asked my wife many times when is your brother going , she will tell me not to put mouth in her family matters..

It getting annoying. Okay I got him a job at a filing station only for him to turn it down, said that work is not good enough for him ..each time I got back from work is either I see him hangin pillow in between his legs sleeping or chatting on facebook with white women.

I don't know who to report him. I don't know how to deal with this kind of issues... My kitchen had no peace ever since when he is around, even my bathroom cos he bath all most 4 times a day.... He gives excuses both here and there and this is making me to hate him the more...

Please I don't know if anyone had been in my shoe before, how do you handle it... ??
. You already have enough reason to get him out of your house. The job he refuse to do is a pointer that he is just a parasite to lazy around. Tell your wife plan black that you will not accommodate him if he will not go out to work and earn a living for himself. Let her know you don't mind taking care of him but, feeding and housing him is okay but he has to go and make extra money for himself. Give deadlines and act as a man, that is the what makes you a complete man. Take actions.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by BinamRex: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

I don't have any hate to that, but I hate it when an able person seat down and be doing yahoo yahoo in my house with hope to scam someone when there is a countless of job. At least if I could get him a job and he refuses is that good enough?? To me he had lose focus to game instead of pursue his life. God said he will bless the work of thy hand. Sleeping and waking without doing something in my house is a big NO for me

Your wife must understand that she is not helping her brother. Forcing him to leave your house might be misconstrued as you hating your wife's people. I need to withdraw certain privileges she enjoys. Don't buy soap when the current one you are using finishes. Let's see how he will be bathing four times a day. Get a soap for yourself. Hide it when you finish taking your bath. I know it sounds childish but you have to do it. How does he get money for data? If you give him money for that, stop it.

The boy is a fool. He needs to understand the essence of hard work.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2022
You are a man hold it unto your cheast las las his brain will now come back to life, maybe the boy lost his sense
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Mom007(f): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2022
No need for arguments. Tell your wife you don't want to see him when you get back from work in the evening. She is very silly for saying you should not interfere in her family issues. You are interfering in your family issues of which he is not a member of your nuclear family. Abi is she the one paying the house rent? Even if she is, pack a bag and go on an extended trip. Return only when the leech of a brother is out of a the house. She will be the one to ask him to leave by herself.

1 Like

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by adecz: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2022
Na your brother in-law✌️✌️✌️

Na dem family give you kpekus to
chop forever ♥♥♥

Just manage am❗️❗️ grin

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Las, las, the problem na your wife
not the guy. If she respects you, she
should respect your position. How can
she allow her idle, laxy brother to take over
your kitchen and house❓

Her family matters should remain in
their family house and not in husband
house.

Give her ultimatum.... Nonsense❗️❗️☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by zubimete(f): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2022
[quote author=Bobbyjay001 post=112251913]

I am also in this dilemma. Wifey has been very sick and managing so CE over six years now. Though she goes to work (health officer).

Her mother who was very caring and understanding fell ill last year and has been with us since last April.

Though, we have someone who comes around to clean and take care of the house and they pay is on MIL. (She's a retired civil servant)

Mama has four children. My wifey is third and has a younger brother who for married last year.

MIL's first born is divrcee with three children in their hometown.

He second born lives on the same city with us lives in a rented 2 bedroom apartment with her husband and four children. MIL stayed in her place for two months before she's dumped with us. ( Heard she's been maltreated by her daughter and SIL)

My wifey the third born has been battling with ulcer since over six years and has grown lean. Let her drink 3crown milk after meal. Look for monkey sugar cane let shew every morning.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by purehustle101(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2022
Na see finish dey cause all these things! As a man don't ever let your wife see you finish

1 Like

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Solatium(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:
How will a sane person allow his wife's junior brother to come for holiday only to turn one of the guess room to his permanent room...

I have asked my wife many times when is your brother going , she will tell me not to put mouth in her family matters..

It getting annoying. Okay I got him a job at a filing station only for him to turn it down, said that work is not good enough for him ..each time I got back from work is either I see him hangin pillow in between his legs sleeping or chatting on facebook with white women.

I don't know who to report him. I don't know how to deal with this kind of issues... My kitchen had no peace ever since when he is around, even my bathroom cos he bath all most 4 times a day.... He gives excuses both here and there and this is making me to hate him the more...

Please I don't know if anyone had been in my shoe before, how do you handle it... ??

I hate men that are pussy.
if you are no longer comfortable with him,call your wife and tell her that you don't want to see her brother in say about 5 day's time,that failure for him to leave means you will tell him to go by yourself..When he's gone,make sure you set a rule as per who visits and how long they can stay.
Some families no get shame,you have to disgrace them before they comply.
Send the idiot away,no look your wife face,she go wan blackmail you emotionally,no gree for them it's your house and you must take firm control of that

2 Likes

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by lookingfly: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

oga, be a man and send that guy out of your house.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by espn(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2022
[quote author=abeniagbon post=112244651]

Abeg give me clue[/quote) I will send you a mail...I no wan talk here for some reasons...I have been through this before...I no get time for rubbish.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by akpunda86: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

Guy I was in your shoes,u never gave a timeline,my wife kid sis stayed with me then,wify said is a month,from a month was 3 months,from 3 to 6,I woke up one day made up my mind and told her mrw you going wife said if going going with her,I laff,nxt day tool her to GUO bought ticket,came back no see wife ,I sleep Nite come reach madam come bk .case closed

3 Likes

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Contekbbc: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2022
You're a man, most people here won't take you serious.
Be a man and tell him straight what's on your mind.
Stop beating around the bush for your own peace,after all,of you enter into trouble as a result of his stay,nobody will help you sort it out.
Your wife's younger brother is your younger brother and you should act as one.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Opolopoopolonio: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

You need to get your wife to understand why he has to leave. Very important.

Also, I hope your brother or other family members are not coming to stay with you guys.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by lorhema(f): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

I am also in this dilemma. Wifey has been very sick and managing so CE over six years now. Though she goes to work (health officer).

Her mother who was very caring and understanding fell ill last year and has been with us since last April.

Though, we have someone who comes around to clean and take care of the house and they pay is on MIL. (She's a retired civil servant)

Mama has four children. My wifey is third and has a younger brother who for married last year.

MIL's first born is divrcee with three children in their hometown.

He second born lives on the same city with us lives in a rented 2 bedroom apartment with her husband and four children. MIL stayed in her place for two months before she's dumped with us. ( Heard she's been maltreated by her daughter and SIL)

My wifey the third born has been battling with ulcer since over six years and has grown lean. We are family of five living in two bedroom rented apartment. Gave one to mama.
Despite the fact that someone comes around to clean and help and goes back when done, wifey still does a lot of work taking care of her. At times I feel pity for her, with her health condition.

Last born who's ismale also lives in the same with us but claims he can't accommodate mama cos he lives in a room and parlor self contained apartment. He's been so supportive ensuring we lack nothing. He's in charge of Mama's account and drops money regularly for upkeeps. He also comes around at least thrice a week to check mama.

My problem is my wifey's health. She isn't fine and still takes care of her ailing mother.

I don't want to sound like I don't want my MIL around. My children are still young (first being 7yo and last 4yo). The small wahala is taking toll on my wifey.

Don't know how to say it even to my wifey that mama should leave so as to take care of herself.
I don't want to sound ingrate or so.

Can you get a live-in helper that can be paid from mama's income? She should take care of mama and give your wife relief.

I'm sure mama appreciates being part of a family. Try to take the weight off your wife by getting hands to help out.

2 Likes

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by GloriousGbola: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2022
OP , you have confirmed the boy is doing yahoo yahoo.

this is grounds for kicking him out of the house.

I will not have this under my roof.

End of story.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by OlawaleBammie: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

this is what happens wen u share the house rent/bills

Na so women dey do grin
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by VEHINTOLAR: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

You're not a man,I'm so sorry !
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

Is the issue him sleeping and eating your food or just that you assume that he is lazy? Although, it is not good for someone to be lazy but you just have to talk to him and see if you can get him a better job.

You have to relax. It is part of responsibility. Except he is a smoker or night crawler. If none of the above, there is no harm in him choosing to stay with you.

My guy you need to take things easy. Life is simple. Don't be hard on yourself unnecessarily
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by illuminutty: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2022
whytediamond:

It's obvious he is leaving out that part.

Obviously. The reason why the wife did not take him serious.

I can't imagine anyone including my own kids and siblings doing anyhow in my own apartment that I pay over a million naira annually excluding estate dues and block dues. The useless in-law won't even wait for me to remind him twice that he needs to fall into my dictates or fall out of the apartment with immediate effect.

Na see finish cause his wahala.

2 Likes

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by ogechchukwu: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2022
Let's hope is not one of your wife's ex boyfriend
And there are eating each other behind your back or his distance cuzen and they eat each other ..
And you will be fouling yourself thinking is his brother.

O boy shine your eyes.

Tell that idiot to leave your house for God sake.

But it seems that you are just contributing to house expenses that is the reason you have no ball to tell him to go ..

Untill they will make kids and give to you or if not already done

Your problem handle it your way and stop stressing nairaland guys with your family affairs.

We have enough problem already plssssss...mumu you
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Datikwerreboi(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2022
SPOLO:
That guy tried o.
Even when I got admission and I was staying with my cousin....I did all my possible best to secure a lodge .
Though his wife is nice though and I am living comfortably there , but I feel like "I am Giving them more tasks and I do feel shy to be staying at home like that and when food is ready they will give mine..
E no even pass a month I left there.
I only visit them occasionally
You're living a healthy mental life. Same as me
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Babaheekmat: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

Send the idiot packing. Don't let him implicate you. Give him a week ultimatum.
Abi no be you dey pay house rent? Why the hell won't you have a say in your own house?
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by lookingfly: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2022
kelspinall:
give him a deadline date to leave your house oga,shun your wife if she gets in the way,how can someone be supporting a grown ass young man to be staying idle at home. foolishness..the guy no even geh shame.. can't even remember the last time I visited any of my aunt or uncle talkless of staying more than 10 mins
same way someone i know has decided to waste he's life. He's 41 as we speak. Has been proscasting for ages, has to rotate he's sister's ho
and brothers houses to feed. The present work he's doing for the past 10 years (pay:15k per month) was gotten by one of he's sister's and even when they said he should resume then, he never wanted to resume because he felt he is a graduate and can't do teaching job. I personally don't know one would be comfortable with 15k job for over 10years. It's a pity some people have decided to waste their lives because of pride.
Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by OMEGA009(m): 11:02am On Apr 25, 2022
Talking to whitey? Just report am to EFCC. Problem solved.

Re: A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave by Bullhari: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2022
abeniagbon:

If your wife is being stupid, then send both her and her very stupid younger brother out of your house till her senses return.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos) / Mother Abandons Her HIV-Positive Baby On Benin Road (Photos) / Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.