Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years (61204 Views)

Meet Baba Kekere, A 135years Old Man Who Has Served 3 Alafin Of Oyo / "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? / Alaafin Begs Aliko Dangote To Extend Employment Generation Drive To Oyo Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by potland: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2022
Kaybae:
Baba kekere, if you are fortunate to meet him on the way, I swear you can't beat his speed, he will be moving like a rolling ball.
but he's old now
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by statesman6: 9:19am On Apr 25, 2022
yanabasee:
I have been waiting to know if the man that will be killed to bury that Alaafin that was on the run was later apprehended? Or the guy japa reach UK...

All these traditions in the SW is one of the reason why some of them are still primitive in nature..... Imagine someone telling me that because I've never been to Lagos then I am a local man.... I laugh wan kill myself .. She sees Lagos like some Dubai in Nigeria.... Lagos oh? Weh everybody the on auto-Mode....
If u get job u no go dey believe all this beer parlour gist. Abobaku is a myth

3 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by BRATISLAVA: 9:19am On Apr 25, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
They say he has history and library in his head. How i wish, he can write them all down.

So if this man dies, all the history and library is all gone

He should have a successor/assistant who he's been training all these years to pick up where he will leave.

It's an interesting job, and one wonders how he has been keeping to his duties in the modern world.

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ChoCho54(f): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2022
AnalQueenluci:
This looks like helanus grin

Cc: helinues
Wow! Where have you been?
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Jollyjane4U: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2022
This one nah Katappa o...
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Pearl1910: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

I seriously doubt the part in bold.

Except you don't believe d entire story.
If he served for 77 years, how old do u think he was when he started his service. He must have been at least a youth in his 20s. So plus or minus he is close to 100 years

2 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by potland: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2022
HitSong:

These are the type of people we should celebrate. Not a hoe who will just bring a vagina to the palace and start getting Queen's treatment.

Baba should be gifted a mansion and placed on 250k salary for LIFE!
The Oyo State government should sponsor that.
am on my way to fùck one of the queens. Wish me luck
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Krak(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Minime10:

I been tink say respecting an elder was part of Yoruba custom, na im be say the alaafin been no get respect at all, if na this man been dey run erran for am grin

The King is above all, even his own parents. The status is almost equal to that of a deiety.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by okezuoemmanue(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Saclux paint for him back
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by georgeakins: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

Seriously he doesn't look like one,e resemble bush baby. grin

Bush baby is shorter, always like the height of a day old baby.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ChoCho54(f): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2022
festacman:

Are you a human too?
What's wrong with you guys?

That question was very valid until you people started quoting the Op out of context and he fell for the prank.

Having served gods for that long, do you think that guy is still a mere mortal?
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by AbuAeesha: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2022
post=112250045:

STAND UP for Baba kekere.

No be by height ooooo
M.L. King,Bruce Lee are short people
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by seyz91(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2022
So for your mind you fine like that ooo

And who be everyone wey know you? Na your picture dey ontop 1000 naira note ni undecided
lexy20I4:

This is my picture and everyone know me here as Kriss216,that's my main account.
Post yours let's see. grin
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ChoCho54(f): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2022
Krak:

The King is above all, even his own parents. The status is almost equal to that of a deiety.
I thought a yoruba king was also an Oosa?
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Benmob: 9:24am On Apr 25, 2022
Omo he really resemble YODA, abeg no attack me,na joke I dey joke o!

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ChoCho54(f): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2022
seyz91:
So for your mind you fine like that ooo

And who be everyone wey know you? Na your picture dey ontop 1000 naira note ni undecided
Can't you even keep a secret? wink
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ajepako(f): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2022
Now that is the real Irunmole!

Baba oooo!
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Streett: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2022
The confirm Abobaku

2 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by seyz91(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2022
cheesy
ChoCho54:
Can't you even keep a secret? wink
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ajepako(f): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2022
HitSong:

These are the type of people we should celebrate. Not a hoe who will just bring a vagina to the palace and start getting Queen's treatment.

Baba should be gifted a mansion and placed on 250k salary for LIFE!
The Oyo State government should sponsor that.

Best comment I read here in recent time!

God bless you sir..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by kenchop: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2022
So who cares ?
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Ayoolamax: 9:29am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

This is my picture and everyone know me here as Kriss216,that's my main account.
U get PVC, answer I was check something.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Acesexcell(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2022
Minime10:

I been tink say respecting an elder was part of Yoruba custom, na im be say the alaafin been no get respect at all, if na this man been dey run erran for am grin
I was thinking the same way too. Someone who ran errands for two alaafin before him. The man fit even born the late Oba Limidi himself
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ibechris(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
They say he has history and library in his head. How i wish, he can write them all down.

So if this man dies, all the history and library is all gone

U are right...our people are after what they will eat and not what posterity holds.
That is why this generation and the ones coming up have no direction.
If u talk,they say u are old school and if u don't talk,they say u don't know how far.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by 8stargeneral: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2022
He's destined to be an errand man grin
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by retake89(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2022
dododawa1:
The man children will have been GREAT.

shocked shocked
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by merrymike47(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2022
Minime10:

duties and respect are two different things, people who run errands for my dad at work are way older than him, but they have to respect him cos he’s their boss. My dad also had to respect them while sending them on errand because he knows that they are older than him. That’s how it works, if they want to keep their job, else they be replaced. That’s what duties are all about, so don’t mix it with respect

3 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Krak(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2022
ChoCho54:
I thought a yoruba king was also an Oosa?

They are deities in their own rights.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Tvoice: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2022
The Gods are still here and they not crazy like the movie title Gods must be crazy
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by DeepSight(m): 9:38am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

You look like a poverty stricken low class riff raff bro, no offense. Just truth.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Nostring: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Whiteangel1234:
He should be around 87 years he may have started serving the first Alaafin at the age of 12 years that will put his date of birth at 1933 making him around 89years
time keeper, these wey Sabi everything about him talk something based on information they have .. u dey create ur own time line... Dey do he should be yanyanyanyan grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.