Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years (61282 Views)

Meet Baba Kekere, A 135years Old Man Who Has Served 3 Alafin Of Oyo / "Abobaku" Of Oyo Kingdom Currently On The Run? / Alaafin Begs Aliko Dangote To Extend Employment Generation Drive To Oyo Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by do4luv14(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

I seriously doubt the part in bold.

why, look at the dates his serve the Alaafins, then it's possible he is over 100yrs old

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by DeepSight(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2022
ChoCho54:
What's wrong with you guys?

That question was very valid until you people started quoting the Op out of context and he fell for the prank.

Having served gods for that long, do you think that guy is still a mere mortal?

His subsequent comments give a lie to your interpretation: its quite clear he meant it in a denigrating sense.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Burgerlomo: 9:46am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:
Is he a human too?

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by donbenie(m): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

I seriously doubt the part in bold.
If he has been serving for 77 years,he would be dangerously close to 100..
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Burgerlomo: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Wazobia2216:

Just thank God for your own life!

We are not better than him, We are just privileged

Its all grace!

Anu ni mo rigba ade ori okin, ki ise mimo se ade ori okin, don't mind the fools saying rubbish about the man

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Ochelyko1: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2022
Wazobia2216:

Just thank God for your own life!

We are not better than him, We are just privileged

Its all grace!

And who says the man doesn't have that Grace as you are?

All God creature have the same Grace. Whether short or tall, slim or fat, white or black all are the same in the Eyes of the Creator!
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

He should have a successor/assistant who he's been training all these years to pick up where he will leave.

It's an interesting job, and one wonders how he has been keeping to his duties in the modern world.

The assistant should be able to write down all the history, this is for the future generation
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Gee64: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2022
Yeah. More human than most kpekus chasers grin
lexy20I4:
Is he a human too?
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by woleabayo(f): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2022
real baba kekere
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Hassanmaye(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:
Is he a human too?
Hahahhahahaha what a wickedness
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by kingemaker(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2022
If only they could interview this man and document all what he has in his head. That's the best way we can secure this culture. More documented events are needed.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by HardMirror(m): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2022
Whiteangel1234:
He should be around 87 years he may have started serving the first Alaafin at the age of 12 years that will put his date of birth at 1933 making him around 89years
only s2nsible comment on this thread. Infact such people are given to the palace when they were children he is younger than 87. Go to any big oba palace you will see such children given to the king. He is one of them. Must have even started about age 7 not 12

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Splendor27: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

This is my picture and everyone know me here as Kriss216,that's my main account.
Post yours let's see. grin
u are still not better than him,,
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by donbenie(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2022
izubext007:
I refuse to be born slave.
You cannot refuse..
You were either born one or not.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by CHAVINCI: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2022
Minime10:

I been tink say respecting an elder was part of Yoruba custom, na im be say the alaafin been no get respect at all, if na this man been dey run erran for am grin
do you know what a king is,a king doesn't even bow to a god because he is also considered being a god himself,irrespective of a kings age,all men under him must bow to him.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Zulu2022: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

This is my picture and everyone know me here as Kriss216,that's my main account.
try change ur curtain nd find a better room with better paint,the man u de curse don reach 100year nd may HV fulfill his life on Earth,how u ma sure u go reach 50,u guys should b reasoning bfr coming nd ranting online

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by HardMirror(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2022
donbenie:
If he has been serving for 77 years,he would be dangerously close to 100..
no. These type of servants start serving as little children they are given to the king by their parents from childhood. Like once they can walk and talk and run errands. Something like from age 5 to 7years. So he is most likely 83 to 87 at most

2 Likes

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by KhalaKuta(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

Hunger bad o
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by HardMirror(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2022
do4luv14:

why, look at the dates his serve the Alaafins, then it's possible he is over 100yrs old
lol. You know little about these traditions. He is at most 87years old. They are given by their parents from child birth. The mother will only care for him till he can run errands which is usually around 7 years old. Then they send him to live with the king. Also dont forget it is possible he did not start serving the first king when he was enthroned. Possible he served the first king for only the last 2 years. So his service is not up to 77 years old sef. Most likely 70 years
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Elliotwaveforec: 10:04am On Apr 25, 2022
HitSong:

These are the type of people we should celebrate. Not a hoe who will just bring a vagina to the palace and start getting Queen's treatment.

Baba should be gifted a mansion and placed on 250k salary for LIFE!
The Oyo State government should sponsor that.
Seconded! He's blessed with longevity, he should be at least 97, to have served for 77 years.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by OlawaleBammie: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:

Mtcheew.
stop ridiculing others just cus u re handsome, tomorrow is pregnant bro

Ur handsomeness is a privilege, not right. Be grateful to God and leave others who are not as beautiful as u re, u cant create ordinary eraser not to talk of pencil.

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by OlawaleBammie: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2022
Minime10:

I been tink say respecting an elder was part of Yoruba custom, na im be say the alaafin been no get respect at all, if na this man been dey run erran for am grin
these shows how senseless u re, unless u just want to troll.

Being a messenger does not mean he's the one being particularly sent on an errand olodo. A task would be committed into his hand and he would execute it be dishing out the instructions.

Make una dey get sense all these ibos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Olam09(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2022
Okobola146:
Baba Kekere has served 3 Alaafins. His duty is to run errands for the king. He served :

1. Oba Adeniran Adeyemi II, Lamidis father between 1945 & 1956.

2. Oba Gbadegesin Ladigbolu II between 1956 & 1968 and

3. Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, between 1970 &

He walks briskly in and around the Alaafin of Oyo palace. He is very popular not only because of his diminutive figure but because of his humility and he does not get angry.

Some call him a man with repository of knowledge of the Palace for he has the history off hand and some call him the Palace library or an archive.

He is called Baba Kekere possibly because of his height. His age is unknown because his birth was not recorded but it is assumed that he should be over 100 years now.

His real name is Morenikeji Lasisi.

~African History Archive

Read about him somewhere before, he's above 100 and still very agile.. he's irumole.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by do4luv14(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
lol. You know little about these traditions. He is at most 87years old. They are given by their parents from child birth. The mother will only care for him till he can run errands which is usually around 7 years old. Then they send him to live with the king. Also dont forget it is possible he did not start serving the first king when he was enthroned. Possible he served the first king for only the last 2 years. So his service is not up to 77 years old sef. Most likely 70 years

OH thanks for the heads-up that solve it then
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by kunle75(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2022
Pierocash:
no,but a bit higher than lexy2014

Lolz �, guy you are just a total savage

1 Like

Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by coolhumble(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2022
The man is over 120 years according to a video of his interview that I saw.
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Eaglesence: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Post your picture and let’s see who you resemble!

Fear go let am? Make see see shaa grin grin grin
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ejimatic: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Okobola146:
Baba Kekere has served 3 Alaafins. His duty is to run errands for the king. He served :

1. Oba Adeniran Adeyemi II, Lamidis father between 1945 & 1956.

2. Oba Gbadegesin Ladigbolu II between 1956 & 1968 and

3. Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, between 1970 &

He walks briskly in and around the Alaafin of Oyo palace. He is very popular not only because of his diminutive figure but because of his humility and he does not get angry.

Some call him a man with repository of knowledge of the Palace for he has the history off hand and some call him the Palace library or an archive.

He is called Baba Kekere possibly because of his height. His age is unknown because his birth was not recorded but it is assumed that he should be over 100 years now.

His real name is Morenikeji Lasisi.

~African History Archive
This man is Saarun of Ooni of Ife
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by Victerica(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2022
lexy20I4:
Is he a human too?

He who the gods want to kill, they first make mad!

Use your tongue, count your teeth!
Re: Meet Baba Kekere Of Oyo Kingdom Who Served 3 Past Alaafins For 77 Years by ChoCho54(f): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2022
DeepSight:

His subsequent comments give a lie to your interpretation: its quite clear he meant it in a denigrating sense.
He didn't mean it that way initially, that's why I said he fell for the prank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished / The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.