Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? (36879 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by 234GT(m): 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
RIO1987:
am going to advise you as a professional in this regard,
(1) are you a union bank customer,
(2) ist a union bank card
If not, your mother Bank is the place to laid your complian,Cox if it's a third party bank, bro they are reversing it to your bank transit account,in which you need proper follow up to get your money back,
Secondly,any time a machine is counting and either failed or went off,it assume it has deepens,so they need time to check the journal,trace the failed transaction,spot it out with it's Stan,do cash count, confirming it tally bf taking a decision,
My advice kindly do a peaceful follow up or u will be throw out

ATM custodian aye! Oil dey your head.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by SocialJustice: 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
fartguy:
Nigerians only understand violence. Going there as a gentle man won't yield any positive result. Go there tomorrow,shout and display madness. In the banking hall.creat a scene bro. Act and show them drama.block d cashier 4rm attending to customers..... Cum here and brief me d outcome 2moro.

DNT 4get 2 bring me suya and fura de nunu as a sign of appreciation.

Make d vawulence rise like Ijebu garri there
What of person like me that is using digital bank? Where do I exercise my violence?
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by matm: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
Report them to CBN e get why.

D CBN hype does not work as u think.Instead of verifying ur complaint, they will tell u to upload complaint letter u first sent to ur ur bank which must be signed by d bank with complaint number. forgetting dt ur bank might refuse to endorse ur complaint letter knowing u can report them to CBN. Banks in most cases won't touch ur letter but will simply orally tell u they will resolve it .
So, I still wonder why CBN can't verify complaints without letter from d bank.Perhaps laziness on d part of d staff.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by shevon: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:

Read this thread and to find out how to report them to the CBN. I will suggest you send them an email and put CBN customer protection group in copy. This is the sole reason banks like GTB disabled their customers from being able to send the customer service team an email.
https://www.nairaland.com/7095940/how-report-financial-institution-cbn

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by emmykk(m): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
Report them to CBN e get why.

CBN don't do jack I wrongly sent money to an account ,when firstbank cannot retrieve it I took the CBN option nothing happened.

CBN is over rated over issue like this they don't do jack
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Mvena(f): 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
Please how do I recover my money from Union Bank?
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.
Despite this I didn't get the reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
Nothing has happened yet.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

Please what do you suggest I do apart from litigation?
Let me help you out on Twitter
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by OBA117(m): 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
That bank is an ancient bank in their modes of operation...
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by neonly: 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:
All these banks sef

Naso Zenith no gree reverse my money too, nah until I burn one of their branch before them go take me serious abi.

All these banks be trippin for real

I don kuku port comot all these conventional banks

I said what I said

Zenith der try abeg
Banks to watch out for are
Access bank
Gtb bank
1st bank partially sha
Eco bank
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by gabbasin: 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Op, I once experienced something like this with first bank and it takes 2 months for my money to be reversed. I first complain on their social media handle, then when no breakthrough I went to their branch, still no action I sent them a mail, I got a reply that the transaction was successful, then I replied back to tell them exactly how the error occurred, because in my own case I tried withdrawing on 2 machines on the same branch, while one run out of cash after a successful withdrawal and debited after, I switched to another machine and withdraw the rest but I couldn't get the maximum amount I needed as the previous machine debited me 40k as it runs out of cash. When I was considering contacting CBN, just then I got the reversal alert.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by tuna4servi(m): 12:01am On Apr 26, 2022
Best bank nd you will be refunded
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by olalekanba(m): 12:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Note for all naija banks

Try and get their email format

Example - Tunde ADENIYI and email format for the bank is
Tunde.adeniyi@gankplc.com

Once you know the bank email format, go to their website look for their management team. Get as many names as possible and send all of them an email explaining the situation. They will resolve your situation asap.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Celmax(f): 12:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Make sure you see the manager.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by babtoundey(m): 12:14am On Apr 26, 2022
CaptainFM1:

2weeks!

What kind of service is that?
So if someone is dieing in the hospital and one need 20k to buy drugs, the person will wait 2weeks?

This Nigeria na jungle, I swear

That thing hooked me up during my service year. Probably, it was one of the reasons why i stopped banking with First bank. I needed to get accommodation because the place i was staying was not conducive. I had to gather money from all angles so as to pay for the house rent - 41k or thereabouts. I went to the Atm to withdraw. Fiam! I was debited but the machine didn't dispense. It was like a curse. I rushed to the bank the following day and was told to wait for 48 hours. Last last, I was told to fill one form like that and check back after 2 weeks.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by frozen70(f): 12:15am On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

You don't have the time and wahala of litigation

Just keep going to their bank and keep disturbing them

At least they didn't deny not seeing the error

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Ok...there's this secret I have hidden for a very long time...I felt this morning I should tell people about it.

What happens with app? You earn with just trekking, body movement both indoors and outdoors.

I have been earning and shopping with it online. However, you can't withdraw it. Just use it to shop in their store and get it delivered to you.

Funny enough, the app doesn't bother you, it runs on the background with no silly adverts.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Psady(m): 12:36am On Apr 26, 2022
Please give a little time to resolve this issue, they realy tried compared to fidelity that gave 15 working days to rectify and reverse my 27,500k that was debited since 2nd of April, am yet to get my money. Just yesterday I asked of my statement of account and discovered the money has been with the merchant I transacted with about the said amount,after denying she never got the money from my bank (fidelity). I have gone to her with my statement of account to refund me ASAP, she could only plead that she need to sort the issue out with her account holder and her bank before refunding me. Am giving her just 2days, after that it's going be trouble for her and her business.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by geeyoungmoney(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2022
Union bank
Lol they won’t… the rouge they had as a manager in the ilaro branch last year wa something else

That bank eh

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by hopebacy(m): 12:41am On Apr 26, 2022
VicM6:
My boss made a transfer of 40k to someone, he got debited and the transaction wasn't a success. He went to the bank and make a complaint and series of excuses was given to him, after 3 weeks of going to the bank with nothing to tell about, he finally let go of the 40k and accepted his fate.

On a faithful day, after 3months, a message pop in to his phone screen and it was a reversal message of his 40k back in to his acct.....Till date, i don't know why it took the bank a whole 3 months to figure that issue out but what i was so surprised about was the fact on how the bank reversed his 40k back after 3 good months, about 90days.....

So anything bank matter no dey understand me walia.

This is the same problem am having with palmpay / firstbank.

https://www.nairaland.com/6998797/firstbank-mean#112277607
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by etazi0001: 12:44am On Apr 26, 2022
But how
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Burgerlomo: 12:59am On Apr 26, 2022
It's well
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by eallstar: 1:00am On Apr 26, 2022
Cause stare at one of their branches, make sure you go with someone to record it so it can go viral. Cause madness remove clothes to Ur panties and be shouting the problem u are facing with them in a very loud voice on Monday morning. This way u will get their attention and they will answer u quickly

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Musauzor(m): 1:01am On Apr 26, 2022
Resume work with them by 8am and make sure that nobody does any work. Create a very big scene and make both customers and staff uncomfortable that morning but don't destroy any property there. Accuse them of always stealing the customers' money .Bros,bet it, the manager will come down from his high horse and you will go home smiling again. I did it with Zenith Bank Wuse branch, Abuja sometime ago and they settled me immediately with apologies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by stephenolamide(m): 1:09am On Apr 26, 2022
Shey Na Nairaland go help you colllect am??
When you wan withdraw you no ask Nairaland for help, Na wen u get issue de ask us..

Go bank jorr
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

I swear just go to the Branch Start Shouting and removing your cloths then fall down and start rolling all over the banking hall ! and make sure you come with your friends to Make Video of the while episode ! cool and tell them to post it on Twitter ( Especially CBN and EFCC official Twitter Handle ) , Facebook ,Instagram , Tik Tok ,Whatsapp group .......etc
And you shall see wonders grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Harmlesspill(m): 1:13am On Apr 26, 2022
My brother that bank has eaten up to my 100,000 and more with the same excuse.
The worst thing is that they will make a fool of you when you go to any of their branch.....
The last one that happened was 40k, one unfaithful day, I received a 40k debit alert, and after a day I went to the nearest branch and what these people told me continues to surprise me to this day.
These people told me that the debit happened for a transaction I did a month and two weeks ago and when I wanted to scream they turned their desk screen and started analyzing, honestly they made me looked dumb that day.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by tunjijones(m): 1:25am On Apr 26, 2022
Go to the bank and create a scene, ur money go come out that day...
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by tunjijones(m): 1:30am On Apr 26, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Bro be patient, First bank held my bread (73k) for 30 whole days. It was a failed transaction on DHL market place. Be patient

Did they pay you back with interest?

If not, then that's theft.

As I dey so gtb still dey hold my 5k since November last year. I never get them time. The day whey I go get them time, he go be like say the money pass 5k.

Gtb is almost a million times richer than me so why shd I dash them my hard earned cash

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by linearity: 1:36am On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Post it publicly on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and all other social media and watch them reverse your mine with speed.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Nairanation2: 1:49am On Apr 26, 2022
This is exactly what Zenith bank is doing to me rn. I used a POS terminal to withdraw cash on d 17th of this month, d money was debited from my account but never credited to d POS. I really needed d money that day but I got hooked. I lodged a complaint & they promised it'd be reversed within 48 hrs. As I'm typing, they're yet to. They continue to give me d run-around. The truth is these guys(bank operators) are white-collar thieves with no iota of human feelings. Guess what, I quickly asked a friend to help me with some cash since Zenith has done their worst. Less than a minute I receive d money, this Useless, thieving & exploitive bank remove #170 from it. If I had d opportunity, I'd burn down all their branches cuz they're stealing from d poor to enrich themselves. Zenith & Fidelity banks are pure criminals. This country is really a jungle!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by smokeyupu(m): 1:59am On Apr 26, 2022
xcelpro:

Okay.
Thank you

If nothing is done and you don beg tirem tire, report to CBN via a mail to:

contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng; or
cpd@cbn.gov.ng;

And then pray!!!

Good luck
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by boolet: 2:08am On Apr 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
If any person tells why are you disturbing because of 20k, tell the person to give you the money and the disturbance will stop ...
GBAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos) / Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc / Soccer Tips For Pros.. Make That Money Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.