Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo (45404 Views)

Policemen Beat Emmanuel Oshiyoye For Challenging Them, Break His Jaw In Osun / Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin / Police Beat Nscdc Official Dead In Front Of His Wife And Children(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Rawtruth1: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2022
Heavy distortions of what actually happened.

Any sensible man reading this story should discern the apparent lies in this story.

Unfortunately, "lazy youths" don't think outside the box in Nigeria of today
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by ZombieSlaughter: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2022
Rayd502:
Embarrassing situation for a our security agencies,the mopol officers are obviously not well trained and are a disgrace to the force.

The Commandant shouldn't have exposed himself that way,he should have issued directives behind the scene to his officers to de escalate the situation.Imagine a whole commandant rubbished in such a manner.

I weep for my country Nigeria,we still have a long way to go.

I am beginning to agree with Mazi Nnamdi kanu.We live in a Zoo.

Everytime una 'weep for una country Nigeria'. Una tears no dey finish? LMAO for Ndi one nigeris grin grin

**In Asari's voice** Funny people. grin
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by AmazingELixir: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2022
miko1988:
PRESS RELEASE
 UNLAWFUL ARREST AND DETENTION/SERIOUS ASSAULT OCCASSIONING HARM ON A POLICE SUPERINTENDENT BY CIVIL DEFENCE PERSONNEL

The attention of the Imo State Police Command has been drawn to a news making rounds on social media captioned “Police Attack Civil Defence Personnel in Imo State". It is most unfortunate that, some news media will publish stories without confirming same to ascertain the true facts of the story.

The Command view this with all seriousness and sees it as a calculated attempt to dent the robust synergy the Command is enjoying with other Security Agencies in the state since the assumption of office by the Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Ahmed Barde, psc+.

The true facts of the incident that occurred on the 25/4/2022 at about 1630 hours, in the Civil Defense Corps Office, was that on 24/4/2022 at about 2010 hours, a Police Superintendent Ezenwanne Nonso, a Mobile Police Officer and the Armament Officer of No. 18 Mobile Police Force, Owerri, was driving in his car heading to Imo Police Command Headquarters on an assignment, on reaching Control Post Round About, there was a heavy traffic Jam, where drivers were trying to maneuver their vehicles to free themselves from the traffic. While the officer was trying to make way for himself, the Civil Defence Personnel who alighted from his rear, hit the Police Officer’s vehicle violently, shouting and ordering him to remove his vehicle from the road. He replied the Civil Defence Officer that he is equally trying to see how he can free himself from the traffic, only for the Civil Defence Officer to slap him hard on his face calling him a stupid man. At that point he alighted from his vehicle, introducing himself as a Police Superintendent serving at Police Mobil Base, Owerri. It was as if he angered him the more and he gave him another slap and others joined in beating him. The police officer then brought out his phone to put a call to his Commanding Officer but they seized the phone, rushed into their vehicle and zoomed off.

The police officer had to manage and followed them to their office. On getting there, he demanded for his phone, but they refused rather they dragged him into their office, beat him up and seized his service pistol. After much torture, he was locked up in their cell not minding his plea to call his Commanding Officer. The officer slept in the cell till the next day.

For the sensitive office the officer is holding, his disappearance became alarming to every office in the Base and they were suspecting kidnapping. Hence, a search party was organized. When all efforts made to trace his whereabout proved abortive, his phone was tracked and the result led the team to the Civil Defence Headquarters Owerri.

On arrival, the team of Policemen made enquiries to confirm if there was any Police officer detained in their custody. The Civil Defence Personnel became hostile, ordering them to leave or they will shoot them. When the Police insisted, they started shooting into the air. The Mobile Police Officers sensing danger, professionally used minimal force to defend themselves by using teargas. Hence, the Civil Defence Personnel scampered for safety and in the process the Police Superintendent was rescued gallantly from their custody leaving nobody hurt or injured.

It is pertinent to mention here that in the ethics of the Force, whenever any member of the Force is arrested by any Security Agency, it is mandatory that the arrested personnel’s office is immediately informed, which is the standard practice.

It is laughable that a very Senior Police Officer of the rank of a Superintendent was arrested and detained for over Twenty-Four (24) hours by the Civil Defence Corps, Imo Command and the Commandant never deemed it necessary to inform the Commissioner of Police as required by law, moreso, when the victim pleaded for them to allow him put a call to his Commanding Officer or the Commissioner of Police.

Meanwhile, the officer is presently on admission at the Police Medical Centre, Amakohia.

The Commissioner of Police, Imo Command, CP Mohammed Ahmed Barde, psc+ while commending Imolites for their unalloyed support, pleaded for calm and appealed to Imolites go about their lawful businesses without fear of harassment. He then directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of State Criminal Investigation Department (SCIID) to commence detailed investigation into the remote cause of the incident, promising that, at the conclusion of investigation the outcome will be made public.

CSP MICHAEL ABATTAM
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
IMO STATE COMMAND.
Dis is how it happened

The NSCDC and NPolice accounts on what transpired have been watered down to conceal their culpability.

In these country NSCDC will ignore a private car blocking their commandant's convey, impossible! ... I even fInd more laughable the police account of using minimal force at the NSCDC HQ. I'm guessing the teargas they claimed they used killed the NSCDC Commandant's orderly and also unlocked the detention cell where their colleague was held.
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Badb0y4lyf(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2022
miko1988:
PRESS RELEASE
 UNLAWFUL ARREST AND DETENTION/SERIOUS ASSAULT OCCASSIONING HARM ON A POLICE SUPERINTENDENT BY CIVIL DEFENCE PERSONNEL

The attention of the Imo State Police Command has been drawn to a news making rounds on social media captioned “Police Attack Civil Defence Personnel in Imo State". It is most unfortunate that, some news media will publish stories without confirming same to ascertain the true facts of the story.

The Command view this with all seriousness and sees it as a calculated attempt to dent the robust synergy the Command is enjoying with other Security Agencies in the state since the assumption of office by the Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Ahmed Barde, psc+.

The true facts of the incident that occurred on the 25/4/2022 at about 1630 hours, in the Civil Defense Corps Office, was that on 24/4/2022 at about 2010 hours, a Police Superintendent Ezenwanne Nonso, a Mobile Police Officer and the Armament Officer of No. 18 Mobile Police Force, Owerri, was driving in his car heading to Imo Police Command Headquarters on an assignment, on reaching Control Post Round About, there was a heavy traffic Jam, where drivers were trying to maneuver their vehicles to free themselves from the traffic. While the officer was trying to make way for himself, the Civil Defence Personnel who alighted from his rear, hit the Police Officer’s vehicle violently, shouting and ordering him to remove his vehicle from the road. He replied the Civil Defence Officer that he is equally trying to see how he can free himself from the traffic, only for the Civil Defence Officer to slap him hard on his face calling him a stupid man. At that point he alighted from his vehicle, introducing himself as a Police Superintendent serving at Police Mobil Base, Owerri. It was as if he angered him the more and he gave him another slap and others joined in beating him. The police officer then brought out his phone to put a call to his Commanding Officer but they seized the phone, rushed into their vehicle and zoomed off.

The police officer had to manage and followed them to their office. On getting there, he demanded for his phone, but they refused rather they dragged him into their office, beat him up and seized his service pistol. After much torture, he was locked up in their cell not minding his plea to call his Commanding Officer. The officer slept in the cell till the next day.

For the sensitive office the officer is holding, his disappearance became alarming to every office in the Base and they were suspecting kidnapping. Hence, a search party was organized. When all efforts made to trace his whereabout proved abortive, his phone was tracked and the result led the team to the Civil Defence Headquarters Owerri.

On arrival, the team of Policemen made enquiries to confirm if there was any Police officer detained in their custody. The Civil Defence Personnel became hostile, ordering them to leave or they will shoot them. When the Police insisted, they started shooting into the air. The Mobile Police Officers sensing danger, professionally used minimal force to defend themselves by using teargas. Hence, the Civil Defence Personnel scampered for safety and in the process the Police Superintendent was rescued gallantly from their custody leaving nobody hurt or injured.

It is pertinent to mention here that in the ethics of the Force, whenever any member of the Force is arrested by any Security Agency, it is mandatory that the arrested personnel’s office is immediately informed, which is the standard practice.

It is laughable that a very Senior Police Officer of the rank of a Superintendent was arrested and detained for over Twenty-Four (24) hours by the Civil Defence Corps, Imo Command and the Commandant never deemed it necessary to inform the Commissioner of Police as required by law, moreso, when the victim pleaded for them to allow him put a call to his Commanding Officer or the Commissioner of Police.

Meanwhile, the officer is presently on admission at the Police Medical Centre, Amakohia.

The Commissioner of Police, Imo Command, CP Mohammed Ahmed Barde, psc+ while commending Imolites for their unalloyed support, pleaded for calm and appealed to Imolites go about their lawful businesses without fear of harassment. He then directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in-charge of State Criminal Investigation Department (SCIID) to commence detailed investigation into the remote cause of the incident, promising that, at the conclusion of investigation the outcome will be made public.

CSP MICHAEL ABATTAM
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
IMO STATE COMMAND.
Dis is how it happened

You can’t beat the police to their game they have been doing this for ages, even the layout of both agencies statement on what transpired.
Shows experience. Police would always follow the law to a latter that’s why they sited kidnap, and the agency not writing to the police about the arrest. 2. professionally used minimal force to defend themselves.. also everything that happened was in defense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by kullozone(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Kolenda:

From what my friend told me, he said the police officer was arrested and detained.
But the report isn't mentioning so. They're sugar coating it.
P.S. I'm not supporting the barbaric act of both security agencies

But it's in the source that he was disarmed and detained na undecided
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by owunabastard: 8:57am On Apr 27, 2022
This is kind of people you share a country call Nigeria. See his reasoning, we are in trouble for this country. I still maintain we need a character like El Rufai to rule Nigeria
sandymikky:

Senior police officer my foot. Who's a senior police officer that he can't be arrested if there's cause to?
Is there any provision of the constitution or Police Act that exempts 'senior police officers' from arrest?
What about innocent Nigerians the police detain and keep incommunicado? Has anyone burnt their stations on account of that?

Please, we should stop rationalizing illegality
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by blackpanda: 9:07am On Apr 27, 2022
lexy2014:

lawlessness raging amongst so called law enforcement agencies under buhari and osinbajo. i am certain you guys were part of those who thought endsars protests was a waste of time

Of course endsars was a silly waste of time.
It started off well but along the line lost its purpose. Many people hijacked it for their own selfish interest
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Naijanascam: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2022
LOVEGINO:
if u talk am in front of bandit, u re on ur own grin

Eggxatly......Your mind dey there abeg......

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by lexy2014: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2022
blackpanda:

Of course endsars was a silly waste of time.
It started off well but along the line lost its purpose. Many people hijacked it for their own selfish interest

How did endsars loose it's purpose? Who are the many people that hijacked it for their own selfish interests? What happened to the recommendations made for the govt to implement? Why has the govt not implemented the recommendations? Is it because endsars was a waste if time or is it because "Many people hijacked it for their own selfish interest"? Isn't it disgraceful that the police could attack the office of a sister security agency and u are talking about endsars being hijacked?
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by blackpanda: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2022
lexy2014:

How did endsars loose it's purpose? Who are the many people that hijacked it for their own selfish interests? What happened to the recommendations made for the govt to implement? Why has the govt not implemented the recommendations? Is it because endsars was a waste if time or is it because "Many people hijacked it for their own selfish interest"? Isn't it disgraceful that the police could attack the office of a sister security agency and u are talking about endsars being hijacked?

Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Malory: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2022
UncommonLogic:

You would have labeled him "Fulani Herdsman" if not for that he's name is clearly stated.
Incoherent gibberish
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by UncommonLogic: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Malory:
Incoherent gibberish

Yeah, you will need an average IQ of at least 98 to comprehend what I wrote. Unfortunately, yours is ZERO.
BYE
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Lokoyen(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2022
abiolert:
I Don't Understand at all.. So Mopol can just invade another sister security agency without fear, they are lucky I am not the leader of the NCDC in the state, it would have been fire for fire. I don't condole rubbish. Never!

Exactly!
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Geeworldwide: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2022
IamANigerianMan:

Every 4 month I go to war, which civil defense? Civil defense use G3, which endurance? Do you know borno state? Sorry I never knew I was discussing with novice... Endurance my foot.

Which useless war u go every 4 months...if u see war u fit stand am, or u think war is by carrying ur stupid teargas and ur pot Belly colleague to fight. If I may ask which of the war u go every 4 months. I want to knw and I'm ready for your quote to clear ur doubt... is Nigeria even fighting war or terrorism. Baby police
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by TotoGame(m): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2022
Kdon2:

Bros na naija you dey o! Nothing go happen!

Not when they killed somebody....a sister security personnel for that matter
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Geeworldwide: 11:32am On Apr 27, 2022
IamANigerianMan:

You are funny, you mean the same soldier with all facilities who could not defeat Bandit.... Soldier my foot.

U re not ashamed that police are not capable of anything that's what brought military into internal security, is fighting banditry not part of internal security, is police not suppose to be in charge, if not the intervention of the Military, that ur police station would have been burnt by now. Incompetent police everywhere

1 Like

Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2022
TotoGame:
Imagine beating up a state commandant of NSCDC who's an equivalent of a Commissioner of police... They even killed his orderly!

Those police men will be severely dealt with!!!
BUT CIVIL DEFENDERS CLAIM TO BE TRAINED BY ARMY WE ALL IMAGINED THEY WHERE WELL TRAINED .TOO BAD GIVING GUNS TO BOYSCOUTS.ALWAYS OVERZEALOUS JUST TO DEY CARRY BIG RANK WAKA UP AND DOWN.THEY THINK SAY GUN WORK NA LECTURING WORK WERE THAT IJEBU MAN RECRUIT THEM FROM
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 11:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Geeworldwide:

Which useless war u go every 4 months...if u see war u fit stand am, or u think war is by carrying ur stupid teargas and ur pot Belly colleague to fight. If I may ask which of the war u go every 4 months. I want to knw and I'm ready for your quote to clear ur doubt... is Nigeria even fighting war or terrorism. Baby police
Go help them Na .Make dem try retaliate if dem dey well trained
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2022
owunabastard:
This is kind of people you share a country call Nigeria. See his reasoning, we are in trouble for this country. I still maintain we need a character like El Rufai to rule Nigeria
Have u heard wen police arrest senior military officer.Why will civil defence that should be competing with prison and immigration get liver to do that.
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by blackboy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
UGM are they slowly showinv their faces? All those involved should not be sacked but sent to Yobe or Borno oe Katsina. NSCD should simply be merged with the police. The police keep disgracing them
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kenturkey048:

SP...?? Junior Officer...so because of SP a state commander was embarrassed....Kaii..police deserve whatever they are getting from army...
How did he become a commandant.U mean those lecturers that where recruited by aboderin.Comot for road
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=sunkoye post=112304861]No CCTV to know who the aggressor was.

I can imagine if it was the military that assaulted the commissioner of Police like that.

Their is definitely a cover up somewhere owing to how their CG just responded. His response was too watery and evasive.

Getting whipped in your house, your area... when you never chop finish. But they too mumu small shaa o...[military respect police and police do same.Wat is civil defense.Go to their office on Sunday it is locked BC they are in church.They should be scrapped asap
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=IamANigerianMan post=112304983]
Stop nonsense, the senior police officer was arrested since on Friday and detained by Civil defense, leadership just present you fake report...[wahala with who.Police are over 400 000.Are u mentally okay
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=godofuck231 post=112305110]The commissioner of police should be releived of his duty whole investigation should be carried out [/am sure u are using high quality az u think a commissioner of police is same level with a lecturer who was recruited into the service at old age
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=Austin4lif post=112305219]oga u are talking nonsense? Are you war tested? Have you been to the northeast? Civil defense arm squad have better endurance then the police.[I stayed in the north east for years.Armed prison squad are better than bunch of OVERZEALOUS civil defence who became officers after seminars.Are u aware prison train them before police trained them
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=Austin4lif post=112305293]so Mopol 44 is what u are using to make mouth ? U want to compare Abuja Mopol to the one in the northwest. You guys should try and Invade DSS office , even ur IG won't survive it.[/u mean with that Israeli uzi
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by macAB: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=Austin4lif post=112305381]Mopols are riot police men and women if not for Boko Haram who teach them combat operations? What happened to your Gwoza college ? Stop saying rubbish, I am not your mate, I started working as a graduate. What do you know ?[wat has gun work got to do with being a graduate.Npf have over 1000 lawyers who are junior officers.Am sure am more educated than u can ever dream
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by UCHIHAmask: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
SmartProf:
Let's give the security agents a round of applause for interpreting their constitutional duties to mean fighting each other. Nigeria security agents don't behave differently from criminals.
Aren't they criminals,there is enough evidence already, from their training to their psychological orientation and set up.
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Kenturkey048(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
macAB:
How did he become a commandant.U mean those lecturers that where recruited by aboderin.Comot for road
Wetin this one dey talk...Whatever NSCDC recruitment process be..Nor be my concern....So you too getat abeg...
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Kenturkey048(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
IamANigerianMan:

Every 4 month I go to war, which civil defense? Civil defense use G3, which endurance? Do you know borno state? Sorry I never knew I was discussing with novice... Endurance my foot.

This people are poorly oriented..A police claiming he goes to war... Where do you go to fight war..Olopa..?? Shey na that thing wey una dey shoot them dey use fight war??
Re: Policemen Beat NSCDC Commandant, Kill Orderly In Imo by Kenturkey048(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ivimmanuel:
you are a bloody civilian you will not understand. You beat up a police officer and expect him to go home and sleep? What transpired between them you do not know so let them have their face-off.

Police are what?? Bloody military men

You people are funny in this country...Imagine police calling a citizen a bloody civilian... God go heal this country one day.....

That's is how one up there says he goes to war every four months... I ask what riffle can a policeman shoot??.. If una see war una fit stand...??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman / Cameroonians Clash With Nigerians Over Land, Two Dead, Six Injured. Photos / Armed Robbers Attack UBA In Kogi, One Mopol Shot Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.