Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language (60892 Views)

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. / What Is This Fruit Called In English? / What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by damola311: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
How e con look like brain grin
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by superCleanworks(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hmmm. Where is this from?
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by WibusJaga: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by happiness4ever(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
I have never seen something like this

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by SocialJustice: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kondolisticated:

Funny enough, I slept off while writing the post. Woke up only to send the post, forgetting that I haven't added pictures.
Body no be wood. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by naija4life247: 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kondolisticated:

Funny enough, I slept off while writing the post. Woke up only to send the post, forgetting that I haven't added pictures.

So the guy is right after all

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by harmargedon: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
grin
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Mysteryman22: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Also found another fruit. Not sure what it is called in Nigeria though. The ackee is another member of the soapberry family, much like the longan and the lychee. It is a tricky fruit to eat, because if it is not eaten properly, the fruit can lead to vomiting, a coma or even death.

The only edible part of the fruit is the yellow flesh that surrounds the seeds. This part can also only be eaten when the fruit has turned red and split open. However, some who have tried the fruit do claim that it is worth the risk.

https://listverse.com/2011/07/08/top-20-fruits-you-probably-dont-know/
This is called Isin in Yoruba land.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Joeyfizzo: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
Duguetia

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
Mysteryman22:

This is called Isin in Yoruba land.
I saw this fruit growing up but I never knew it was deadly. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kenplenty: 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
I know the fruit
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by illicit(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
Never seen or heard of this
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Bahamas95(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
I haven't even seen it before.
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by wwwihy: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Google is your friend. Search through Google Lens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kenplenty:
I know the fruit
Seriously? Are you able to provide us pictures please of the inside of the fruit?, undecided
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by DoggoneDogg: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kondolisticated:
Have you seen this fruit before, what's it called in English and your native language too.

Its called Duguetia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
wwwihy:
Google is your friend. Search through Google Lens
Look closely at those pulled up to see that none of them compare. undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Its called Duguetia.
The fruit looks nothing like what you have in the pictures there. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
I don't know the name but OP your fingers are very dirty.

O bu ya o!

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by DoggoneDogg: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
Kobojunkie:
The fruit looks nothing like what you have in the pictures there. undecided
[/s]

If I am to choose between you and Google for signs of intelligence, I'd choose Google everyday.
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Gavel(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
I know this fruit, even though I don't know it's English name. I used to eat it in the villa back I the days while growing up In my dialect (a tribe in Rivers State) we call it ujuju. The leaves of the ujuju tree is very rough. The fruit is mildly sweet and has plenty seeds inside, the size of cocoa seeds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by CoronaVirusPro: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2022
We call it mango
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by BanevsJoker(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
Munzy14:

I am trying to figure it.

O biara iyi noni fruit, mana owu hu ya.
Onye Owerri.
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
If I am to choose between you and Google for signs of intelligence, I'd choose Google everyday.
I choose Google as well but when when you use Google, you need to engage your senses. And if you have workings eyes, you would note the two look nothing similar.. undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Propertyforum: 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2022
I have not seen this fruit before
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by victorazy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2022
Adam's fruit.
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by benzion72(m): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2022
Morinda citrifolia

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
Gavel:
I know this fruit, even though I don't know it's English name. I used to eat it in the villa back I the days while growing up In my dialect (a tribe in Rivers State) we call it ujuju. The leaves of the ujuju tree is very rough. The fruit is mildly sweet and has plenty seeds inside, the size of cocoa seeds.
Are you able to maybe find us pictures of the inside of the fruit to help us better figure out the identity of this exotic fruit? undecided
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by liver123(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
I have eating this fruit while in the village, it has a nice taste, the local name we call it is ubo
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by 77up(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Also found another fruit. Not sure what it is called in Nigeria though. The ackee is another member of the soapberry family, much like the longan and the lychee. It is a tricky fruit to eat, because if it is not eaten properly, the fruit can lead to vomiting, a coma or even death.

The only edible part of the fruit is the yellow flesh that surrounds the seeds. This part can also only be eaten when the fruit has turned red and split open. However, some who have tried the fruit do claim that it is worth the risk.

https://listverse.com/2011/07/08/top-20-fruits-you-probably-dont-know/
This one is known as Isin in Yoruba land,don't know the english name though,the yellow part is very sweet
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by idari: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
It's called ubuu in enugu ezike dialect, enugu north, the fresh vegetables is used to prepare soup! Its taste sweet when u lick it.
Re: What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
77up:
This one is known as Isin in Yoruba land,don't know the english name though,the yellow part is very sweet
The English is Ackee.... and is it true if is deadly? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Mango With Human Face Seen In Nasarawa State (Photo) / The Catfish I Bought For #2500 / Man Who Went To Harvest Yam, Catches A Giant Squirrel In His Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.