Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' (56137 Views)

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World / Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World / Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by naija4life247: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Jmichael1:
Make dis man kukuma buy nigeria....

He doesn't buy failed businesses.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by foreshore(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2022
id911:
Do you agree with his tweets?

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519480761749016577

The Anti Christ wants to arise
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by derecho(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2022
It's good but wise people don't use themselves as lab rats.
naija4life247:

That's true. That's why I am working to get plenty money, so that I can see the Vanity Upon Vanity
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by SmartyPants(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2022
einsteine:

You are the one who is ignorant.

His offer is for the entire stock of Twitter.

He is borrowing 70% of the money but would hold 100% of the equity. Next time, actually read the links you put up instead of trying to win an argument. You don't even know what LBOs are. When the Glazers bought Man Utd, they contributed 10% of the financing but owned the entire club outright.

LBOs basically turn a chunk of equity into debt. If it's a fast growing company, then there is an opportunity to make outsized gains plus there are tax advantages as interest payments are tax deductible whereas dividends are taxed.

In summary, although Musk is only contributing a part of the financing, when the deal is done, he will be holding 100% of the equity.

Allow those of us who have finance training educate you on this instead of claiming faux knowledge

I don't really know what you are arguing about.

I never said the offer is not for the entirety of Twitter. I said HE is not buying it outright, meaning the deal is not being financed by him in the context of someone saying he doesn't have enough money to buy coca cola.

Again, meaning you don't need to have the money to buy a company on your own.

What does this have to do with what you've posted up there?
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by opera1(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2022
America cocacola is totally different from what we have here in nigeria.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by jamalnation(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2022
Danmboss:

Coca-cola is Worth hundreds of billion dollars

You don't have to buy everything to control it
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Majesty33(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2022
I came here to read comments and educate myself about things I am not familiar with.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by tctrills: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
African American crazy man,

Is Elon Gay?
No he has been married, divorced 3 times and now is with a girlfriend.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by AzzaMan: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2022
derecho:
When money too much...you'll understand the meaning of "Vanity Upon Vanity"

All the people shouting "money...money..More money" never see money.

When you really get this money, you'll understand what Solomon was saying.

So you done get the money? Asking for a friend.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by einsteine(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2022
SmartyPants:

I don't really know what you are arguing about.

I never said the offer is not for the entirety of Twitter. I said HE is not buying it outright, meaning the deal is not being financed by him in the context of someone saying he doesn't have enough money to buy coca cola.

Again, meaning you don't need to have the money to buy a company on your own.

What does this have to do with what you've posted up there?

This is what I too know gets you.

When they say he is buying it outright, it means he is purchasing the entire thing. How he chooses to finance it does not come into play.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Flier: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2022
showafrica:

He bought it specifically for free speech. Right now you can go to tweeter and talk nonsense nobody go delete am.
He said so but it can not work,there is truly a Free speech but there is nothing like freedom after speech,even in western world
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Dorwadora(f): 10:43am On Apr 28, 2022
Tonytonex:
why are they not drinking it in Cuba and North Korea?
Cuba, tax disputes..... North Korea, their usual anti america campaign.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2022
That's why I said afford. He doesn't have the assets to buy Cocacola the way he bought Twitter

Stephendeals:

He might not be able to out rightly buy Coca cola like he bought Twitter but he sure can buy controlling shares (above 60% of coca cola shares) ....

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Bamzyriches451: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Damn!
Finally I'll be patronizing coca-cola shocked
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by sonofElElyon: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2022
onomeabuja:

No how much b Coca Cola.....
È cost past d twitter wen him buy

He got (part) funding to buy Twitter.. made no sense for him to wholly fund the purchase
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2022
onomeabuja:

way more expensive than twitter. Coca cola is worth at least $265 billion. So definitely he can't afford that now but probably b4 the end of next year grin and me still dey here but I thank God me self don dey upgrade small small and would soon become a billionaire in naira b4 upgrading to the billionaire in dollars. God help us all wink
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Tonytonex(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Cuba, tax disputes..... North Korea, their usual anti america campaign.
I see. Thanks for the reply. North korea are just on their own.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by elytevybz(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2022
bullionman:

A man that's worth $1trillion? He will buy it conveniently...how much is the total net worth of coca cola again..$230b

$1 trillion ke
wehdone sir
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Andre852(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2022
sadHoly sh*t
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Dorwadora(f): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2022
Tonytonex:
I see. Thanks for the reply. North korea are just on their own.
Lol ....NK is a communist govern country just like China... Restrictions is a must for them.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

You think dey buy all the shares, when someone buy over, he buys the largest shares to make him the lead. Na to buy Coca Cola 51% na him be head be that, and can make decisionS.

In the case of Twitter, he paid all shareholders off.

He didn't just buy controlling share.

And that you have controlling shares doesn't mean you own the whole company

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by SmartyPants(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
einsteine:

This is what I too know gets you.

When they say he is buying it outright, it means he is purchasing the entire thing. How he chooses to finance it does not come into play.

I didn't know that, but I wasn't using buying outright as a technical finance term either. I was speaking ordinary English and I never claimed to be a finance expert so I don't know where "I too know" comes in. If anything, the reason you didn't get my meaning was becasue "I too know" was doing you.

Prior to me using that term, the subject of buying the entire thing was not in question. It seems to me that looking at what i responded to and the point I was making, my actual point, even if couched in wrong financial terms was clear.

Happy to learn that coincidentally this happens to be a technical term in finance.

Cheers.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2022
bullionman:

A man that's worth $1trillion? He will buy it conveniently...how much is the total net worth of coca cola again..$230b

See your mouth like $1 trillion.

Where did you pulled that source from?
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by lexy2014: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2022
onomeabuja:

Coca cola is the same price with some pure water companies in Nigeria
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2022
SmartyPants:

It's not about buying it outright. There are a million ways to buy coca cola without buying it outright, same way he's not buying Twitter outright.

He bought a Twitter outrightly.

He paid off all shareholders. Twitter is now a private company solely owned by him.
Except he wants to go public later

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by jazon(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Lol.... Coca-cola worth maybe 10 times more..... Coke is been consumed in every country except Cuba and North Korea.

Modified: There's a disclaimer on Google for the worth because it's an open secret that companies don't declare their real net worth because of tax.

This is the real value of coca cola

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2022
onomeabuja:

Yes.

Do your research
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Dorwadora(f): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2022
jazon:

I think that's the listed assets of 2019
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by kokomilala(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2022
After more than a century. I think cocaine was removed from coke in 1907. Coke actually made coke dope. But at what cost? Elon is shifting socio-economic paradigms. He's neo-tarzanist in his outlook. He seems to be saying : tear down these walls of societal restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by SmartyPants(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2022
Minjim:

He bought a Twitter outrightly.

He paid off all shareholders. Twitter is now a private company solely owned by him.
Except he wants to go public later

Noted.

I actually meant he is not financing entirely.
Re: Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' by Minjim: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2022
jazon:

You can't get it's actual worth online.

It's estimations you'll get.

But common knowledge should tell you Cocacola will have asset value more than Twitter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures) / I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) / Alhaji Suya In London Opened By Abdullahi Mai Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.