Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” (16213 Views)

Tension In Tinubu Camp As Oyegun Says Only ‘youthful Aspirants’ Are Cleared / 2023: Only Five APC Presidential Aspirants Are Serious — Fayemi / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Voice234: 3:03am On Apr 29, 2022
Ewuare II, the Oba of Benin, says presidential hopefuls contesting alongside Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo in the 2023 general election will “probably be shivering” because of his credentials.

The monarch spoke on Thursday when Osinbajo visited him in his palace in Benin, the Edo capital.

On April 11, the vice-president declared his interest to contest the presidency.

Speaking on the development, the monarch said he believes Osinbajo is “eminently qualified” for the position.

“We don’t need to over-flog your credentials because they speak for themselves everywhere. I always admire your eloquence when you make your speeches and your responses. They reflect your great professorialism,” the Oba of Benin said.

“Not just because you are a professor, I think it is in your DNA — the way you weave words together and put it across, the points you make and so on and so forth, I’ve always been your admirer as well.

“No doubt, with your credentials since you have come out to run for this great office, I think you are going to give a lot of problems to all the others. There is no gainsaying that they are all probably shivering where they are — and with your calmness, humility, and as my secretary remarked, your great respect for culture and being a true man of God that has the fear of God in his heart.

“If we have politicians that have the fear of God — not just to go there to rip the treasury and oppress people — whether at presidential or gubernatorial level, I’m sure the country will be better for it.

“I wish you well. Like I said, you are eminently qualified for what you are running for.”

On his part, Osinbajo appreciated the monarch for his support and added that his role working alongside President Muhammadu Buhari as the vice-president provided the necessary experience for him to qualify for the presidency.

“I’ve served as the vice-president for the past seven years and a few months and within that period, obviously, I have been exposed to every aspect of government,” he said.

I also at various times acted as president and the President Muhammadu Buhari has been extremely generous and extremely open in ensuring that I participated in all decisions and in all aspects of governance,

“So in many ways, I have acquired what will be required to serve this nation in the highest capacity and to do so, you know, not just in a perfunctory way but to do so in the most profound manner.”

https://www.thecable.ng/other-aspirants-are-probably-shivering-oba-of-benin-speaks-on-osinbajos-presidential-bid/amp

317 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by whizzler: 3:16am On Apr 29, 2022
Royal response, make every one comfortable yet support none. Oba gha to kpe ei ise!!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:20am On Apr 29, 2022
Hmmmm..Another one,FG money is sweet. See palace

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Bahamas95(m): 3:31am On Apr 29, 2022
When the "ancestor" and others visit he would also give them hope by saying something sweet. grin. What brown envelope cannot do does not exist.

These traditional rulers eh!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 29, 2022
Oba nogie'Edo
Uku Akpolokpolo
Umogun ghato kpere!

239 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Mooh247: 4:13am On Apr 29, 2022
cool

I see Osinbajo convincingly winning any Election in Edo... But I doubt APC Edo State Delegates are for him

319 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Sheuns(m): 4:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Is there a cold weather?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Heavensent01(m): 5:01am On Apr 29, 2022
anytime I'm looking at politicians pics, I always admire DSS officers, their smartness, look and focus

God bless all DSS officers even though Buhari had reduced them to political tools but I know they will retrieved their lost glory after the Cow tenure

400 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by KUNZEH(m): 5:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Moferere: 5:22am On Apr 29, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Hmmmm..Another one,FG money is sweet. See palace

Some of you will come here and display how bereft you are.

Is FG paying monarchs?

313 Likes

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Voice234: 6:09am On Apr 29, 2022
Osinbajo will have my vote if I was a delegate in APC, same way Peter Obi would have mine if I was a delegate in PDP. It’s high time we look above our personal interest and choose leaders that would put us back on course as a nation, leaders that have what it takes and are corruption free.

It beggars for belief seeing young people campaigning and trying to convince others of Tinubu’s credibility, talking trash like; state of health is not important.

Tinubu who cannot speak free flowing English when talking about result driven solutions.

484 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Maxymilliano(m): 6:21am On Apr 29, 2022
Ewuare II, the Oba of Benin, says presidential hopefuls contesting alongside Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo in the 2023 general election will “probably be shivering” because of his credentials.
Not just presidential hopefuls contesting alongside the Vice-President but entire Nigeria economy is shivering because despite his purported credentials, the country is far worse for it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Godfullsam(m): 6:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Voice234:
Osinbajo will have my vote if I was a delegate in APC, same way Peter Obi would have mine if I was a delegate in PDP. It’s high time we look above our personal interest and choose leaders that would put us back on course as a nation, that have what it takes and are corruption free.

It beggars for belief seeing young people campaigning and trying to convince others of Tinubu’s credibility, talking trash like; state of health is not important.

Tinubu who cannot speak free flowing English or talk about result driven solutions.

Did you just said Tinubu can not speak free flow English?

Have you ever listened to him speak?

We know you hate him for whatever reason best known to you, but try engaging your brain while expressing your hatred so you don't end up embarrassing yourself.

Mind you, I don't support Tinubu and he and Atiku can never have my vote. Let's learn to criticise people only for the right reasons.

How dare you say Tinubu can not speak free flow English?

SHORONIYEN?!

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Benmob: 7:26am On Apr 29, 2022
I like osinbajo but he part of d problem of nigeria for 8 year.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by donphilopus: 8:01am On Apr 29, 2022
Heavensent01:
anytime I'm looking at politicians pics, I always admire DSS officers, their smartness, look and focus

God bless all DSS officers even though Buhari had reduced them to political tools but I know they will retrieved their lost glory after the Cow tenure

Which lost glory? To the days of Jonathan when the Spokesperson of the DSS, Marilyn Ogar was issuing press release for the PDP government? Most of you just talk anyhow here!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:45am On Apr 29, 2022
Anoda yoloba propagandist and a liar. who pays them?..your community? . Oh I forgot, he works in a bank

Moferere:

Some of you will come here and display how bereft you are.

Is FG paying monarchs?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by TheRareGem1(f): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2022
Yes o.
Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by SEGLIZ: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2022
the most respected Royal Throne in Nigeria.

for the first time openly declaring and supporting a candidacy that I know of.

504 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Heavensent01(m): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2022
donphilopus:

Which lost glory? To the days of Jonathan when the Spokesperson of the DSS, Marilyn Ogar was issuing press release for the PDP government? Most of you just talk anyhow here!

you're DSS officer?

talk Anyhow by admiring them? or by stating it that they're politician tools

you hate the truth

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by SeeItSayIt: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Poor journalism, next now they'll be claiming endorsement even when they know clearly that they can't win even primaries.

Unfortunately, all these praises showered on him doesn't equate positive development so directly or indirectly, Oba couldn't figure out his achievement.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Stevenson20: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Osinbande, Oba dey Whyne your nipples oooo grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Which credentials? The Bini Oba just dey whine Osunbandit. This short fake pastor is a failure like Jubrin the vegetable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

Tryna mediate the beef, you get found with em??
Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by oyeb15: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Osinbajo is just a tool to scatter Tinubu ambition. The gentleman will accept juicy ambassadorial role in next administration for a job well done.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Oba Of Benin Admires Osinbajo: “Other Aspirants Are Probably Shivering” by themes009(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event / FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG / 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.