Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16512 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:47am On Feb 26
Sorry if you're not a farmer
But hey!!!!

It's raining season expect more farming motivation and techniques from me this year.....

Like I always say
Farmers may look poor to you outwardly but they're not always HUNGRY....

Whenever I see those old men we usually farm together I laugh 🀣🀣🀣
They dress up in rags

I laugh because I know they have enough to take them through the draught season

Even if they're penniless they always have people to run to; promising to pay back after harvest πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ and they'll surely keep to their promises...

Personally I have a confession πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

We all know beans and corn are highly expensive now....
Yours sincerely still got 1.5 bag of beans from previous harvest in my store πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I'm not selfish, we're not selfish...

We feed our dependants in the village from our harvest yearly but trust me we can't finish this bag even if we decided to take akamu and beans staples daily for 360 days 🀣🀣🀣🀣

What's discouraging you from farming this season πŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈ
Don't think I'm very poor because I farmπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
It's just a passion and I'm glad I'm making money out of my passion.
During harvest our children are always happy eating farm fresh produce πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Be intentional about your decisions this season
Leave the government alone they owe you nothing
Be resolute to make a difference in a unique way.
I'm KejuπŸ€—πŸ€—
I farm for A reason 🀭🀭🀭🀭

7 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:51am On Feb 26
In No Time we'll open A Chapter...

Our 2024 Farm Diary πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
It can only get BETTER πŸ’―

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:22pm On Apr 01
My 2024 Farm Diary,

01-04-2024

Stay tuned as we navigate this season together πŸ€—πŸ€—

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:25pm On Apr 01
Dear Diary,

Land preparations is currently ongoing at our various plots..

We plan for more expansion this year
I'm gradually eyeing commercial farming πŸ’ͺ
We keep on improving yearly and only hope for nothing but the Best (Bumper Harvest)

Good night diary
With so much love
Keju

5 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Oloniyan(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02
It wasn't easy when i started last year but the joy i derived later during my harvesting is out of this world!

We go again this year

Maryam1234:
Sorry if you're not a farmer
But hey!!!!

It's raining season expect more farming motivation and techniques from me this year.....

Like I always say
Farmers may look poor to you outwardly but they're not always HUNGRY....

Whenever I see those old men we usually farm together I laugh 🀣🀣🀣
They dress up in rags

I laugh because I know they have enough to take them through the draught season

Even if they're penniless they always have people to run to; promising to pay back after harvest πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ and they'll surely keep to their promises...

Personally I have a confession πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

We all know beans and corn are highly expensive now....
Yours sincerely still got 1.5 bag of beans from previous harvest in my store πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I'm not selfish, we're not selfish...

We feed our dependants in the village from our harvest yearly but trust me we can't finish this bag even if we decided to take akamu and beans staples daily for 360 days 🀣🀣🀣🀣

What's discouraging you from farming this season πŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈ
Don't think I'm very poor because I farmπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
It's just a passion and I'm glad I'm making money out of my passion.
During harvest our children are always happy eating farm fresh produce πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Be intentional about your decisions this season
Leave the government alone they owe you nothing
Be resolute to make a difference in a unique way.
I'm KejuπŸ€—πŸ€—
I farm for A reason 🀭🀭🀭🀭
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:50pm On Apr 02
Oloniyan:
It wasn't easy when i started last year but the joy i derived later during my harvesting is out of this world!

We go again this year

After all the hustle there's always joy at harvest....

Bumper harvest I wish thee this year πŸ€—

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 10:05pm On Apr 19
In most parts of Nigeria, cassava stems are free of charge.

You don't need to pay anyone to get it.

Whether harvested or still standing you are free to cut as many as you like (as long as you cut it responsibly) and plant in your own farm.

One long stem can give you as many as 6 to 10 pieces to plant.

This means you don't necessarily need money to plant cassava.

And the land?

That bush in front of your compound can serve.

Don't overthink these things.

Just start, with what you have.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by CaveAdullam: 8:30am On Apr 20
Maryam070682557:
In most parts of Nigeria, cassava stems are free of charge.

You don't need to pay anyone to get it.

Whether harvested or still standing you are free to cut as many as you like (as long as you cut it responsibly) and plant in your own farm.

One long stem can give you as many as 6 to 10 pieces to plant.

This means you don't necessarily need money to plant cassava.

And the land?

That bush in front of your compound can serve.

Don't overthink these things.

Just start, with what you have.

Walahi, the positive vibes this thread and diary of yours is exuding is making me want to fly out of Lagos to your location.

"the way e dey go now e be like I come learn work for your hand. An Nwa-boi kind of thing".

Kudos, Maryam.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 6:46pm On Apr 20
CaveAdullam:

Walahi, the positive vibes this thread and diary of yours is exuding is making me want to fly out of Lagos to your location.

"the way e dey go now e be like I come learn work for your hand. An Nwa-boi kind of thing".

Kudos, Maryam.

This got me laughing so hard, please come and apply for Nwa Boy.T&C's applied

Thanks for finding this thread time worthy stay tuned....
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by CaveAdullam: 6:48pm On Apr 20
Maryam070682557:

This got me laughing so hard, please come and apply for Nwa Boy.T&C's applied

Thanks for finding this thread time worthy stay tuned....

"T and C nor be problem".

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 10:57pm On Apr 21
21-4-24

Dear Diary,
We did yam cultivation at the back of our house today...
Guess what diary;
It rained heavily here yesterday night and this morning we decided to make our ridge and cultivate our yam amidst panic the rain might give gap and waste our efforts but nay!
We experienced another downpour this night which signal the beginning of a good thing to come this week grin

I can't contain my joy because as it is the all awaited season is here once again πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Good night diary
With So much love
Keju

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 5:16am On Apr 22
GINGER PRODUCTION

GINGER FARMING HAS FOR MANY YEARS BEEN A REGULARISED FORM OF FARMING IN SOME AFRICAN COUNTRIES BECAUSE OF ITS ECONOMIC REWARD,EXPORT RATE AND VARIOUS OTHER BENEFITS..

QUICK THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GINGER..

1.Ginger is planted using RHIZOMES (it doesn't produce true seed that can be used for planting)
2. It does well in well drained fertile loam soil..
3.water availability is necessary.
4.you need 1500 kgs of ginger seedlings to grow a Hector and the potential yield is 18 to 40 tones per Hector.
5. Ginger takes 8 - 9 months to be ready for harvest( it requires patient farmers to yield good results)
6.you can grow ginger organically ( using compost manure..no fertlizer)
7.GINGER has a ready market because it is used as a spice in many area,as a herb for some remedies,it is used in production of things like drinks,smoothies,GINGER TEA e.t.c
8.Ginger is easy to grow and manage and does very well in some parts of Africa
9.the profit margin is good because you produce Alot of tones per Hector compared to other crops. E.G the farm gate price can be 1 USD to 4 USD per kg so one Hector produces a minimum of 18 tones(18,000 kgs) so 18000 x 1 USD = 18,000 usd.. anyway that for the next lesson.
10. you need irrigation to grow ginger of course you can grow it under rain fed but you need a back up irrigation system for you to use once the rain has stopped... remember I said ginger takes 9 months..

N:B we have two main varieties of ginger which is commonly grown,
1.the Rand race
2.hybrid
it is good to buy seedlings from trusted suppliers because organically grow ginger is good for SEED..some ginger is treated with chemicals as a result they rot they don't germinate,,do not plant freshly harvested ginger...

✍🏾From Zambia

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 9:35pm On Apr 22
ADVANTAGES OF SACK FARMING

Last week, I shared with you how you can grow a major crop, such as yam, with sacks.

To some of you, it sounds like magic; but it works.

I know some of you see it as a way of improvising, and not a perfect way of farming.

Yes, that is actually what it is.

The idea of sack farming just came, as a necessity, when people started embracing urban farming, without much available land to use.

But isn't that what we have always known and heard, that necessity is the mother of all inventions?

So, this method has not only become an option but comes with several advantages.

1. It saves space: This is obvious, and the primary reason for its adoption. Even in that beautifully interlocked compound of yours, you can still farm - thanks to sack farming.

2. It regulates, conserves, and maximises nutrients: With sack farming, you can measure accurately the quantity of nutrients you are adding to each sack/plant, and ensure it is retained and absorbed by that plant alone.

3. Weed Control: With sack farming, controlling the effects of weeds becomes easier.

4. It gives everyone the chance to farm: Even as a student living in the hostel, you can farm if you want to, courtesy of sack farming.

What I am teaching you here can save you a lot on your food budget within months.

The food inflation we are having today should be enough to teach each of us a lesson.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:06am On Apr 23
Maryam070682557:
21-4-24

Dear Diary,
We did yam cultivation at the back of our house today...
Guess what diary;
It rained heavily here yesterday night and this morning we decided to make our ridge and cultivate our yam amidst panic the rain might give gap and waste our efforts but nay!
We experienced another downpour this night which signal the beginning of a good thing to come this week grin

I can't contain my joy because as it is the all awaited season is here once again πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Good night diary
With So much love
Keju
Ina kwana!

Please I need a place in Abuja where I can farm. I want to plant few things there. I'm a female. I just want to farm small thing. Thanks.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam070682557(f): 12:18pm On Apr 23
fadilaMaikiriki:
Ina kwana!

Please I need a place in Abuja where I can farm. I want to plant few things there. I'm a female. I just want to farm small thing. Thanks.

Ina Wuni Mamana

So sorry I'm not living in Abuja ma'am

I don't have any idea about how farms are acquired in Abuja either.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Having A Drop In Egg Production / Vaccine And Drugs Time Table For Chicken Layers / Unpasteurized Fresh Cow Milk Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.