Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16505 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Jub101(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nice thread. Having fun with what you do is the ultimate goal. I like this
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Jub101:
Nice thread. Having fun with what you do is the ultimate goal. I like this
Thank you Sir,
Honestly farming is bae kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
Dear Diary,

29-8-23

Diary,
My beans is exactly one week old today,cultivation is still ongoing across various locations.

It feels good when you're moving and turning back you're seeing the results of your unfinished project wink

Good night diary,
With so much Love,
Keju.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Jamestown123: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,

29-8-23

Diary,
My beans is exactly one week old today,cultivation is still ongoing across various locations.

It feels good when you're moving and turning back you're seeing the results of your unfinished project wink

Good night diary,
With so much Love,
Keju.
pls ehh sis, how many painters of beans do you think someone can get from a plot of land. Just an estimate ma.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by IamAsiri: 3:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,

15-8-2023

I harvested my groundnut last week Saturday (11-8-23)
I sold the leaves for 15k to one of my customer turned friendship in Abuja.
I took the main groundnut to the market guess how much they're pricing it diary grin
Them want buy full bag of groundnut for 8k they'll now sell it for 15k cry

I told myself God forbid Bad thing, immediately I carry phone come call one of my customer turned friendship from Onitsha grin
Without mincing words she said Maryam abeg send the groundnut come,my people want buy 1200 per bucket.Hausa go say dama dama lipsrsealed

I sent it to her at 25k per bag, she'll sell and send me my money.

Diary! Did I hear you say;you send bags of groundnut to person wey you no know?

This life ehn, our lives work with the theory of attraction.I am attracted to only people of like minds,mere phone conversation already showed me the personae I'm relating with grin

My mode of business thrive well with referral and no matter how busy I may be,I know who refers who In my clique wink

Furthermore diary,
How you take reason this my groundnut matter? Make I gain from selling leave to animal come loose from selling the main groundnut.Olorun Maje o,Impossicant something right?

Lesson:

* Farmers are not the ones directly gaining from their sweat but middle men are; and that's the reason why the farming sector is losing its glory.

* Farmers are not motivated anymore, imagine a farmer hoarding their goods to create artificial scarcity cryReason why things are overly expensive even during harvest as epitomize in modern era.

*After calculating money for farm input and output can't commensurate,you become demoralized.More like an effort in futility.

Regardless of this setbacks aforementioned,we keep on thriving and praying it gets better someday in earnest maybe with good leadership and a more dynamic approach towards the Agricultural sector.I foresee An Agrarian Revolution even though I'm just a mere mortal.

Good bye diary,
With so much Love,
Keju cry

Well done o, my sister. More money in your pocket and more blessings on your remaining farm produce.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
IamAsiri:

Well done o, my sister. More money in your pocket and more blessings on your remaining farm produce.

Amin Big Auntie,but why are you not sleeping this time?Abi you don join vigilante?okay na Amotekun grin
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
Jamestown123:
pls ehh sis, how many painters of beans do you think someone can get from a plot of land. Just an estimate ma.

Maybe 20-25 Painter depending on the species of beans cultivated
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by IamAsiri: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
Maryam1234:

Amin Big Auntie,but why are you not sleeping this time?Abi you don join vigilante?okay na Amotekun grin

grin

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Jamestown123: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2023
Maryam1234:

Ok thank you very much ma

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
Dear Diary,
03-9-23
My two months old corn is now fully matured we roasted some today.

The plan was to sell off initially but we're now thinking of allowing it dry on the stems.The rate at which people drink akamu in my house is alarming, plus yellow corn has its own Vibes wink

Once upon a time, people usually say new corn is not good for pap unlike it's old variant but I'm beginning to doubt some folklore because my pap is the real definition of perfect.

Hitherto,the beans has sprouted in other locations as well and we can't help but pray for a bounty harvest.

Yeah!
I did 365 days without buying beans for home consumption, it's a big deal in this age and time lipsrsealed

The way I prepare for storage this year though, imagine having 5 PIC'S bags stand by;

Diary,if only you knew that the genesis of beetle infection begins from the farm,the very first day after beans harvest cry

I don't think I would love what happened in 1925 to repeat itself grin

A stitch in time saves Nine.
Good night diary,
With so much love
Keju.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
11-9-23
Dear Diary,
I couldn't hide my feeling right now because i feel so ecstatic grin

Yeah!!!!Alas it's raining after two weeks of break,I was happy that there wasn't August break as experience in some parts of the North particularly Zamfara-Sokoto axis not knowing ours is gonna be September break lipsrsealed

Well it's raining currently and I believe this is the end of it for this year InshaAllah.

Bia,Mr Rain no try this kind rough play again before December Biko.Na beg we dey,all the farmers are begging you o.Edakun grin

Diary, just happy that the break has come to an end because I was thrown into a state of frenzied hysteria cry

Good night diary,
Beautiful stormy night grin
With love
Keju kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
On A Sober Reflection it's actually 9-11

A sad day in the history of The World.
May The experience of this day in history never repeat itself till the end of time.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
Dear Diary,

Just a quick one because I have been SO busy with work.This Rice work no go Keh me this season,na me go kill am grin

The beans is thriving across various locations.

We pray and hope for Bounty harvest even though the rain is bidding us farewell,well it doesn't require too much rainfall but an OCT ending rain would have been perfect.Nothing HE can't do.

Good night diary
With so much love,
Keju cry

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by willybaby(m): 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2023
My beans will be envious of yours. Clean and clear. Your farm is beautiful, I must make out time to weed mine, truly rice work ain't for the weak.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
willybaby:
My beans will be envious of yours. Clean and clear. Your farm is beautiful, I must make out time to weed mine, truly rice work ain't for the weak.

Please try and make out time to weed, remember harvest is by the corner.

Good evening

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 12:29pm On Feb 12
Maryam1234:

How do you get the beans you plant? Is it the normal beans that we cook that is bought from the open market and eat, or you patronise seed companies.

I plan to intercrop maize and beans on one acre this April. Is this a good move?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 1:41pm On Feb 12
RavagedHeart:

How do you get the beans you plant? Is it the normal beans that we cook that is bought from the open market and eat, or you patronise seed companies.

I plan to intercrop maize and beans on one acre this April. Is this a good move?
I cultivate the normal bean we buy from the open market.
Actually, we regularly have bean it's a matter of replanting already available seeds.
You can inter crop Maize and Beans that's what every farmer does.
Thank You
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by survival50: 2:06pm On Feb 12
Fairly used foreign galvanised cage available for sale, all very neat and intact.

For more equiries, please call 07054283960.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 2:13pm On Feb 12
Maryam1234:

Actually, we regularly have bean it's a matter of replanting already available seeds.
Thank You
Okay. Thank you.
Which herbicide do you recommend that will not harm the corn or the beans.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 7:16am On Feb 14
Maryam1234:

Thank You

I'm still waiting for your reply.

Happy valentine's day kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:03pm On Feb 14
RavagedHeart:

I'm still waiting for your reply.

Happy valentine's day kiss
What reply again?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 8:58pm On Feb 14
Maryam1234:

What reply again?
This one here. I asked about herbicide.
RavagedHeart:

Okay. Thank you.
Which herbicide do you recommend that will not harm the corn or the beans.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:44pm On Feb 15
RavagedHeart:

This one here. I asked about herbicide.
I don't use Herbicide on my Bush Sir
We do manual weding.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 8:57am On Feb 16
Maryam1234:

I don't use Herbicide on my Bush Sir
We do manual weding.

Labour is very expensive in my city. I'll ask other farmers maybe they'll know what I can use.

This is the picture of the beans I intend to intercop with. The northern honey beans.
Do you have any experience with this particular type of beans?

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 11:03pm On Feb 17
RavagedHeart:

Labour is very expensive in my city. I'll ask other farmers maybe they'll know what I can use.

This is the picture of the beans I intend to intercop with. The northern honey beans.
Do you have any experience with this particular type of beans?

Since labor is an issue use Paraforce for your stubborn weeds.

Yes I have seen a farmer cultivate honey beans close to my farm last year,it was great.
Big big seeds.
I will be cultivating a fraction on my land this year Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 6:52am On Feb 18
Maryam1234:

Since labor is an issue use Paraforce for your stubborn weeds.

Yes I have seen a farmer cultivate honey beans close to my farm last year,it was great.
Big big seeds.
I will be cultivating a fraction on my land this year Insha Allah.

Thanks a lot.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:27pm On Feb 18
RavagedHeart:

Thanks a lot.
My pleasure Sir
Have a fulfilling farming year 2024 wink
Bounty Harvest I pray thee.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 4:12pm On Feb 19
Maryam1234:

My pleasure Sir
Have a fulfilling farming year 2024 wink
Bounty Harvest I pray thee.

Someone was telling me not to plant beans this early that rain will not allow it to dry for harvesting. I also saw where you mentioned something like that.

I was thinking the pods will always turn brown and dry on the plant, regardless of the rain.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:35pm On Feb 19
RavagedHeart:

Someone was telling me not to plant beans this early that rain will not allow it to dry for harvesting. I also saw where you mentioned something like that.

I was thinking the pods will always turn brown and dry on the plant, regardless of the rain.
You're cultivating beans in September aren't you?
You don't plant Bean during HEAVY rainfall sir.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 8:57pm On Feb 19
Maryam1234:

You're cultivating beans in September aren't you?
You don't plant Bean during HEAVY rainfall sir.

I didn't plan September. I want to intercop it with maize this April. I've already bought it sef
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:18am On Feb 22
RavagedHeart:

I didn't plan September. I want to intercop it with maize this April. I've already bought it sef
Please DON'T do that.
Intercrop Peanut with maize instead biko.

Second quarter September,you can intercrop Maize with Beans by then you've gotten good quality maize at home from the first harvest because the second one may not thrive as the first one.
Personal Experience Though.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by RavagedHeart: 9:14am On Feb 22
Maryam1234:

Please DON'T do that.
Intercrop Peanut with maize instead biko.

Second quarter September,you can intercrop Maize with Beans by then you've gotten good quality maize at home from the first harvest because the second one may not thrive as the first one.
Personal Experience Though.

Okay. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Supply Of Snail's For Rearing / Having A Drop In Egg Production / Vaccine And Drugs Time Table For Chicken Layers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.