Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16700 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Jonnic1(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2022
I can see you are really doing great on your farm. That land is looking well harrowed and clean and that maize is wow. keep it up. I could not make last Saturday as planned cos I went to my farm. Will this Saturday be ok? in the morning by lets say 8: am? is the road passable in view of the trouble at Dei-Dei?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:45pm On May 20, 2022
Jonnic1:
I can see you are really doing great on your farm. That land is looking well harrowed and clean and that maize is wow. keep it up. I could not make last Saturday as planned cos I went to my farm. Will this Saturday be ok? in the morning by lets say 8: am? is the road passable in view of the trouble at Dei-Dei?
If you're coming by 8am that means you're coming directly to the farm, because I will be going to the market very early in the morning.But my husband will be available at the farm.I have told him about your coming.The road is clear, security operatives are on patrol.Hope to see you as planned.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Jonnic1(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2022
I was there on Saturday as planned. The location is beautiful and very fertile land all around for farming. Thank you @ Maryam for the time and direction. I met with her husband and am in the process of acquiring a sizeable piece of land for my farm project.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 7:35pm On May 25, 2022
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,
So we we're on the farm a week after planting our maize.See the results below.Mind you we're still cultivating another hectars that we plan on planting this weekend.

The maize looks fresh. Keep it up Madam.
Please, what's the plan for the maize when harvested.. Sold fresh or as grains
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:59pm On May 25, 2022
northbird:

The maize looks fresh. Keep it up Madam.
Please, what's the plan for the maize when harvested.. Sold fresh or as grains
Stored for personal consumption,we are actually in to Subsistence farming for now.We don't buy Maize and Beans all year round.After harvesting Yams,we can stay for like Six months before buying.Thanks for the kind remarks,God bless you Sir kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:02pm On May 25, 2022
Jonnic1:
I was there on Saturday as planned. The location is beautiful and very fertile land all around for farming. Thank you @ Maryam for the time and direction. I met with her husband and am in the process of acquiring a sizeable piece of land for my farm project.
Thanks for coming around Sir, Don't worry we will acquire a good plot by His Grace.Even though you didn't get the maximum hectares you require this year, I will make sure you pay on time for lease next year,if God spares our lives.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 9:30pm On May 25, 2022
Maryam1234:

Stored for personal consumption,we are actually in to Subsistence farming for now.We don't buy Maize and Beans all year round.After harvesting Yams,we can stay for like Six months before buying.Thanks for the kind remarks,God bless you Sir kiss

Waoh. Madam, that's great. But how do you plan to preserve it. After harvest 1 hectare of maize is quite huge fa! Or you just pluck maize when you need it at d home front.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:56pm On May 25, 2022
northbird:

Waoh. Madam, that's great. But how do you plan to preserve it. After harvest 1 hectare of maize is quite huge fa! Or you just pluck maize when you need it at d home front.
Preservation is not an issue Sir,we use some for garrin masara,we send to our parents in the village, while harvesting we gift raw Maize to neighbors, after harvest I normally share about 2 mudules accros my viscinity.After doing all this things I have just mentioned, the remaining one won't be Herculean to preserve.Infact, I shared raw Maize to my former neighbors last year, about an hour drive from my home.If you live within or around Abuja, you can quote me during harvest, Transport on you
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:06pm On May 25, 2022
Dear Diary,
My ugwu leave has sprouted,the yam is doing amazingly beautiful.Tomatoe is still in Nursery,My okra is Bae,Curry leaves are available for gifting to interested Nairalanders.Note: Everything below are planted in my garden (backyard) What we have on the farm now is Maize and Okra,I am still cultivating my Groundnut farm,I haven't planted.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 6:05pm On May 27, 2022
Dear Diary,
A Peep into my Farm Today,My three weeks old Maize is doing awesomely well . Someone planted watermelon very close to my farm,no be trouble be that?Me that's obsessed with eating watermelon, any day I didn't eat I count my loss sadGod help me from impending temptation, amin.meanwhile I'm posting my three weeks old Maize together with someone's watermelon, enjoy!!

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dear Diary,
Sorry I left you unattended for weeks now,na hustle cause am.We experience 3 weeks of no rainfall in my area,we thought it's quarry people that are pushing the rain but nay!If I go Kaduna State rain go beat me,if I come back to my base sun is scorching.Me and hubby decided to do irrigation for our crops and a night to that day, Omo, it was heavy downpour. I was so so elated,I won't do Jacky work on the farm again.My maize is progressing,I have planted my Groundnut,Okra will be ready for harvest in one week time.Infact my groundnut sprouted 3 days after planting all thanks to my Agricultural Economist of a husband,He knows everything about Agriculture both theory and practical, for someone to have First Class Certificate in Agricultural Economics and Extension no be Moi-Moi.I told him this result will not waste, that was how we started our farming activities last year.We intend going into Farming proper,so that we can Farm all year round but he has to sack his Boss first, you Gerrit.I don't have recent picture to share today but I will do justice to that in due time, hustle nor let me enter Farm for weeks now but you see my garden,e dey give me joy.Abeg who need free Okra, I'm taking booking.cc Abuja Residents only,Na backyard of Niger State I dey.Infact! What am I saying, I'm in between Niger State and Abuja State.Na during election we be Abuja, for Infrastructural development na Niger State.Nigeria Politicians,Na wah!!! Love you guys,Keju Cares,xoxo.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by IvyGRush: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
Maryam1234:
We will be planting throughout this week, When we are done with an hectars we move to another one.All in the same location but different places There's a particular virgin land I'm eyeing at the moment adjacent my house.The bad side about living in an Estate is the not too good memoranda, estate has so much does and don't,God help us,we must move to our property this year InshaAllah.

How on Earth can you give a no farming instructions in an Estate bordered by thousands of hectars of virgin land's, even chasing the previous farmer's from there land's, and you're not using it.This particular land if well cultivated using mechanize farming techniques can feed the citizens of a State (not an exxageration) They did it last year to some farmers but this year people don gather mind.
This land I'm eyeing,I will plant groundnut on it and damn the consequences,after all groundnut is a cover crop.They Don't want to see tall plants like maize,sorgum and millet,to them it serves as hideout for bad boys and makes the place unattractive,,I beg who beautiful neighborhood help . Living in an Estate in Nigeria,so overrated.We move......

I have Read the above post over and over Again and can't help but comment; especially on �� "This particular land if well cultivated using mechanize farming techniques can feed the citizens of a State (not an exxageration)"

May I know what is stopping you from acquiring and using the land?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
IvyGRush:

I have Read the above post over and over Again and can't help but comment; especially on �� "This particular land if well cultivated using mechanize farming techniques can feed the citizens of a State (not an exxageration)"

The owner of the property gave a standing order that farming activities should not take place on the land, it's her property already and her orders.But this year I saw some people trespassing,she confront them and they replied her, we're hungry.The land is still here, uncultivated, unused, and she hasn't even built up to 50 Blocks of Bungalow.Mind you I don cultivate my groundnut, I'm waiting for their actions.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my garden today,Omo I never knew Mr Okra don show sharply,na my house,na my backyard but hustle nor let me check am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Ximenez(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nice work.
Wish you a bountiful harvest.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ximenez:
Nice work.
Wish you a bountiful harvest.
Thank you sir,God bless you.But na share we go share am o.It's not Commercial farming we're doing at the moment.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 6:56am On Jun 18, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my Groundnut farm, this morning,we experience a heavy downpour two days after cultivation which halted some from sprouting.It germinated but soil covered it,we can still maximize the affected ridges. kissExpect a picture of my now grown maize with A Tarcel, remember when hubby was planting it ba
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
First Harvest of the Year, Lolz.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by okorookwus(m): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ma, please how many months did it take the Lady (Okra) to start fruiting? I believe its a local variety from the open market?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
okorookwus:
Ma, please how many months did it take the Lady (Okra) to start fruiting? I believe its a local variety from the open market?
It's 40 days Sir, I'm plucking already.The one I planted Last year was not as fast as this one, this variety is different.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Asour: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maryam1234:
Hello Famz, I'm Maryam simply put,i ventured into farming last year together with my lovely husband ( not a nairalander)And guess what! The output was MASSIVE.This year hubby says bae, I'm not farming this year, I want to rest,I said what, rest kwa?
Me that haven't bought beans, maize or yam getting to a year for ( domestic use)Kolewerk;I encouraged him to contract it at any point strength fails and Alhamdulilah we acquired more hectares with just 5k,yes you hear me right.Leasing or renting of land for agricultural purpose is cheap here.This year we will be cultivating: Maize, Okra, Ground Nut, Beans at interval.My Yam is currently sprouting on my Mini Garden at home. I don't buy spinach,Ewedu,Ugwu, Bitter Leaf, Saint Leave,Curry leaves during raining season because,I have them at my backyard.
So Enjoy!! And ask questions where necessary.

Nice. Where's here?

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 4:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Asour:

Nice. Where's here?
Efab City Estate Dakwa, Niger State.Enroute Dei-Dei,Enrout Zuba.The farm is located behind Zuma Rock.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 4:36am On Jun 20, 2022
IvyGRush:

Bro, those foremost Baba's that were using the land's"Aboriginals"don gather nerves I saw them cultivating it yesterday from a distance, since I can sight them from my house,I go ask am what's up between them and Hajia.That woman has lots of investment scattered everywhere, Estate wey them never build reach 50 Blocks them don cut the fence reach front of Zuma Rock"I wonder people wey go even collect am"na Niger State Sha, everybody want live in Abuja,what do I know.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dear Diary,
So I cook okra soup today using the okra I harvested from my garden, isn't that amazing? Harvesting of okra has to be every two to three days until it stops bringing fruit on it's own,so work done begin,and I still have small on the farm o.
Secondly my groundnut is doing pretty well, hubby planted Bambara Nut on 10 ridges for experimental purpose and we plant Soyabeans as well This is the year of variety for us.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Mickeyj: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
Just do adashi make hubby tell oga bye bye enter full time farming
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickeyj:
Just do adashi make hubby tell oga bye bye enter full time farming
I don catch you for here kisswe're looking towards full time Agriculture next year InshaAllah.Reason why we're doing so many experiment this year, he's going to stop the private work and focus solely on Agriculture full time.The Federal Government Work he does is not time demanding, like the private one.If he put all his energy into agric my brother, this thread go shock una next year,By His Grace kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 4:38am On Jun 24, 2022
Madam Maryam.
Which maize variety did you plant? @ 3 weeks, the growth is fantastic..

Did you use manure?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
northbird:
Madam Maryam.
Which maize variety did you plant? @ 3 weeks, the growth is fantastic..

Did you use manure?
The 90 days Maturity Sir, it's actually 56 days now,I will be on the farm in the evening to post my Maize with a Tarcel and Cobs Probably.Thanks for following up,God bless you Sir,No Manure,the land is very Fertile.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Dear Diary,
I was on my farm this evening and what I saw was amazing, Cetris Paribus next months' harvest is guaranteed kiss

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Maryam1234:

The 90 days Maturity Sir, it's actually 56 days now,I will be on the farm in the evening to post my Maize with a Tarcel and Cobs Probably.Thanks for following up,God bless you Sir,No Manure,the land is very Fertile.

What's the brand name of the maize seed? White or yellow. Is it Opv.
The popular one I planted, I'm not too impressed with the current results.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maryam1234:

Good job, I hope i will get to buy one and roast it, as its fresh from farm. The taste is unrivalled.....

How are you?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maryam1234:

Efab City Estate Dakwa, Niger State.Enroute Dei-Dei,Enrout Zuba.The farm is located behind Zuma Rock.

Thats Abuja na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nairalander Yewa Rice And Sen.Ben Bruce Share Free Rice in Lagos (Pics) / HOT Selling Rice Destoner / Destoning Machines For Sale / Pix And Price List For Mobile Tarpaulin Fish Tank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.