Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16515 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Good job, I hope i will get to buy one and roast it, as its fresh from farm. The taste is unrivalled.....

How are you?
Why will I sell One for you Uncle?If you're close just give me a call Transport on you, kowai.Chop bellefull, nothing dey this life o.

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
I never knew a woman can be so active and passionate about farming. Marvelous!

5 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thats Abuja na
Half Abuja half Niger, Don't get it twisted.Its actually Tafa LGA of Niger State, lolz.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maryam1234:

Half Abuja half Niger, Don't get it twisted.Its actually Tafa LGA of Niger State, lolz.

grin I agree with you. But to me its twisted grin na Abuja madam you be.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maryam1234:

Why will I sell One for you Uncle?If you're close just give me a call Transport on you, kowai.Chop bellefull, nothing dey this life o.
Thats true oo.

Life is so simple, live and let's live is the best policy

Anytime I visit Abj, I will try to do an excursion to your farm

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

grin I agree with you. But to me its twisted grin na Abuja madam you be.
For where,me wey Zuma Rock be my neighbour like this.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
grin grin grin
Maryam1234:

For where,me wey Zuma Rock be my neighbour like this.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:
grin grin grin
Better remember to quote me any day I type Harvest,make you collect am as e dey hot kiss

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Idaytesj29(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maryam1234:

Better remember to quote me any day I type Harvest,make you collect am as e dey hot kiss

I will. Thanks madam. God bless you abundantly, have a bountiful crop harvests. wink

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I will. Thanks madam. God bless you abundantly, have a bountiful crop harvests. wink
God bless you too Sir, Regards.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 5:19am On Jun 28, 2022
northbird:

Madam Maryam.
What's the brand name of the maize seed? White or yellow. Is it Opv.
The popular one I planted, I'm not too impressed with the current results.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:08am On Jul 01, 2022
[quote author=northbird post=114220411][/quote]
We don't buy package seedlings rather,we get our seeds from the market and plant.I haven't planted Genetically modified seeds before Sir,
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by northbird: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2022
Maryam1234:

We don't buy package seedlings rather,we get our seeds from the market and plant.I haven't planted Genetically modified seeds before Sir,

Thank you Madam.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Holuu(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2022
Good morning, please I'm a graduate of animal physiology and I need job anywhere in and outside the country. I just concluded my mandatory NYSC program, I'm located in Oyo state currently. I'm experienced in animal production and i'm ready to learn any new role..
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my farm this evening.The groundnut is doing pretty well as well as the Bambara Nut.I am delighted at what I saw.

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Holuu:
Good morning, please I'm a graduate of animal physiology and I need job anywhere in and outside the country. I just concluded my mandatory NYSC program, I'm located in Oyo state currently. I'm experienced in animal production and i'm ready to learn any new role..
Honestly I'm a Job-Seeker too sir, yours is even better you just concluded NYSC I completed mine, six years ago and we still dey gallant.I will advise you look for any service to render rather than looking for job.You can DM for proper counseling, I'm flexible.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Tamahog: 9:55am On Jul 03, 2022
Please how much are plots of land sold there?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tamahog:
Please how much are plots of land sold there?
It's leasing they do here sir,no one has permanent land to himself.If you want to Farm in the same plots, you Farm earlier you renew your rent on time.Leasing is the best because most of the land belong to the government.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Tamahog: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Maryam1234:

It's leasing they do here sir,no one has permanent land to himself.If you want to Farm in the same plots, you Farm earlier you renew your rent on time.Leasing is the best because most of the land belong to the government.

Ok then, thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dear Diary,
I'm tired of cooking okra soup and my clients turned family are at large,if you need okra and you are within reach come and pluck for free, every three days is harvest. I believe you guys know my location already kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:28am On Jul 18, 2022
Dear Diary,
I have been kinda busy lately but,all my crops this year are doing wonderfully well.I often pluck Okra every three days now, because if I leave it unharvested it will send a wrong signal to the stem that harvest period is over cryI'm going to harvest my maize ending of this month and plant my Beans in August.Ceteris Paribus,my beans is going to worth the effort InshaAllah.If you need any advice crop wise and you're following this thread, please holla.Who knows I might be helpful,all thanks to my husband.He can never go wrong with crop production kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:30am On Jul 18, 2022
I'm still learning how to use the new device I got hence,I couldn't send pictures because, the file were larger than specification.I will work it out.Good morning beautiful people and have a blissful week ahead kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Antibettings: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2022
Weldon ma.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dear Diary,
It's been ages kissSo sorry about the neglect huh! My maize did well,we have started harvesting the first batch.The Okra travel Miles away from me,the feedback was heavenly.

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Remember I still have Groundnut, Bambara nut,Yam , and some hectare of maize I haven't harvested.We are gearing up for Beans Insha-Allah. kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Sterlingsolutns: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2022
@maryam1234

This looks nice and healthy!

But the moisture level of the grains appears high How do you intend to dry it further in this wet season?

Tnx

Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,
It's been ages kissSo sorry about the neglect huh! My maize did well,we have started harvesting the first batch.The Okra travel Miles away from me,the feedback was heavenly.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sterlingsolutns:
@maryam1234

This looks nice and healthy!

But the moisture level of the grains appears high How do you intend to dry it further in this wet season?

Tnx

It's actually 70 percent dry before harvesting.We couldn't allow it to dry off completely from the cob because of human predators cryIt's August Break over here already and we're sun-drying it every day.Thanks for being here kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Ade3131: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
I really love the energy and your spirit towards agriculture. Your husband is indeed blessed to have you for a wife. Well-done ma.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Mjane1(f): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
Maryam1234:

It's actually 70 percent dry before harvesting.We couldn't allow it to dry off completely from the cob because of human predators cryIt's August Break over here already and we're sun-drying it every day.Thanks for being here kiss
My sister God bless you. Am enjoying your farm update.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2022
Mjane1:

My sister God bless you. Am enjoying your farm update.
Thanks for packing your Lamborghini here ma'am kissGod bless you too.You can hi,me on Whatsapp if you're close by, make you too taste out of our bounty harvest wink
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2022
Ade3131:
I really love the energy and your spirit towards agriculture. Your husband is indeed blessed to have you for a wife. Well-done ma.

We both complement each other,we wouldn't have farm this year,if not for the push cryThe output is always worth the effort,we haven't harvested our main farm and we're happy with what we're getting already.Thanks for being here sir,if not for insecurities land yapa for Niger State, for interested farmers, even distance wouldn't have been a barrier,if you've got a trusted farm manager.The elites are cashing out yearly from farming activities.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Ade3131: 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2022
Maryam1234:

We both complement each other,we wouldn't have farm this year,if not for the push cryThe output is always worth the effort,we haven't harvested our main farm and we're happy with what we're getting already.Thanks for being here sir,if not for insecurities land yapa for Niger State, for interested farmers, even distance wouldn't have been a barrier,if you've got a trusted farm manager.The elites are cashing out yearly from farming activities.

Yeah... I'm keenly interested in farming. One of my friends is a millionaire now from farming but my gratest pullback has been insecurity.

I kuku don't earn much sef to start with, so why won't I want to venture into farming and I am seriously passionate about anything related to agriculture. I've done poultry on a medium scale and really enjoyed doing it.

But you see this insecurity matter is a serious one to me because I don't have anybody that'll pay ransom for me. That's why I sit back in my comfort zone (Lagos).

I've traveled the length and breath of this country. I have friends in Bida Niger state that's into rice farming and I know Suleja well too down to where Zuma rock is. I don waka ooo. I just pray for peace to return back to Nigeria. They're many people like me that wants to venture into agriculture full-time but wouldn't do so under the current security situations in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Having A Drop In Egg Production / Vaccine And Drugs Time Table For Chicken Layers / Unpasteurized Fresh Cow Milk Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.