Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,174 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. (1117 Views)

Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Danhumprey: 5:20pm On May 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Trust and obedience in the Bible is not blindness. Instead, what God asks is that we trust Him and the agreement He makes with us- His Law. The details of the Law are as provided us by Jesus Christ with all the Terms and conditions spelt out for those who are interested. undecided

Like any other contract or agreement one chooses to enter into, trust and obedience - to the terms and conditions of said contract - is required. Now with God, He is absolutely committed from His end to honoring His agreement - He is faithful -and He calls on men to doing the same. undecided

Pray tell, will you, where are the "details" of this "laws" and its terms and conditions, spelt out?
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Danhumprey: 5:23pm On May 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There is nothing philosophical about "freewill" where scripture is connected. All men are born cursed from their mothers womb so what man term "freewill" is simply a choice provided them by God to choose either to reject Him or accept Him. That is all it is, and nothing more. undecided

Those who reject Him, no matter what their mental accomplishments perish in the grave at their end. Whereas those who chose to believe God go on to compete for a chance at Heaven after their term here on earth ends. undecided

2. God is God of Laws and these Laws He uses to define His relationship with men. The Law we were given 2000 years ago, in Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law and Truth for a constitution in the Kingdom of God. The Law carried with it about 100 commandments we are to obey if we are to accept God. God's Old Covenant Law of Moses which He gave to only to the children of Israel had about 613 commandments and statutes, so God's New Covenant is, compared to that, lighter and comes with an easy burden to bear - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 undecided

Go on to compete for a chance at heaven?
Interesting.
So, best bets that Hitler and such other vile and wicked people, who committed atrocities, they repented on their deathbed and accept Jesus and god, are certainly in heaven now, right?
Meanwhile, their victims, who could not repent "on time", are in hell, forever suffering?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Jashub: 5:23pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:

You evaded my question, but quickly jumped to ask a moot question.

But let me humour. In your very religious book, the Bible, slavery was glorified and encouraged. Your god allowed slavery, told his "chosen" people, to take and make slaves of the heathens, the Canaanites. Even in the New testament, slavery, owning slaves, was glorified and allowed. It took years of human evolution and adaptation to finally realized and put laws in place that disallowed and outlawed slavery. Humans. Not your god. Humans.

To your question about killing babies. Pages of your Bible, are littered with commands of your god commanding his people to carryout out acts of genocides. Heck, your god carried out acts of genocides. And guess what, babies were among the victims of this genocides. So excuse me if I can't see clear to draw my idea of morality from that genocidal, plagiarized book you called the Bible.
It took human evolution to acknowledge that killing babies, heck, killing fellow humans, is wrong.
Human standard of morality is why killing babies is seen as wrong.

So what exactly was the point you were trying to pass by asking that question?
You just digressed by bringing up stuff that's totally unrelated to the question I asked .

And by the way, did you read the footnote I left that said " Killing babies is universally wrong "? So why are you using one religious book as reference if we are talking about what is universally accepted in all religions and cultures in the world ? undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Danhumprey: 5:28pm On May 01, 2022
Jashub:
You just digressed by bringing up stuff that's totally unrelated to the question I asked .

And by the way, did you read the footnote I left that said " Killing babies is universally wrong "? So why are you using one religious book as reference if we are talking about what is universally accepted in all religions and cultures in the world ? undecided

You think they are unrelated to the question you asked?
Bold of you to be offended by that when you gleefully skipped my question and asked your moot question.

To answer your question, the killing of babies being accepted as universally wrong, is a product of years of human evolution and adaptation, trial and errors, enlightenment, to iron out various aspects of human lives that are deemed outdated and wrong.
This is not because of some supreme being commanding that or telling human beings universally that killing babies is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Jashub: 5:33pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:

You think they are unrelated to the question you asked?
Bold of you to be offended by that when you gleefully skipped my question and asked your moot question.

To answer your question, the killing of babies being accepted as universally wrong, is a product of years of human evolution and adaptation, trial and errors, enlightenment, to iron out various aspects of human lives that are deemed outdated and wrong.
This is not because of some supreme being commanding that or telling human beings universally that killing babies is wrong.
Human evolution did not do that because human soceity greatly differs and varies in terms of religious beliefs and cultural systems . If you doubt this , look at all the world's religions and cultures and see if they intersect at all in terms of anything let alone a common belief that killing babies is wrong.

So therefore your explanation is void of any concrete logical answer.

Which bring us back to issues: what tells us that killing babies is wrong ? The answer : a higher moral standard . This is where the introduction of a God comes to play
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:
1. Go on to compete for a chance at heaven?
Interesting.

2. So, best bets that Hitler and such other vile and wicked people, who committed atrocities, they repented on their deathbed and accept Jesus and god, are certainly in heaven now, right?

3. Meanwhile, their victims, who could not repent "on time", are in hell, forever suffering?
1. Well, technically compete... not everyone who calls Jesus Christ "Lord, Lord!" will enter into Heaven.. that's really I meant, but not trying to be literal there since as many as live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings(and commandments) will become Sons of God, and eventually make it in at the end. undecided

2. Impossible! Jesus Christ never said the sinless will enter into Heaven. Instead Heaven is only for those who lived a righteous life while here on earth. undecided

So, assuming Hitler was born-again, and confessed His sins before his last moments, he would still not enter into the Kingdom of God since he did not live a righteous life- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. The standard was set over 2000 years ago by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

3. Any victim of Hitler's, who was born-again and didn't live a righteous life, will end up judged the same as Hitler, I am afraid. undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:
Pray tell, will you, where are the "details" of this "laws" and its terms and conditions, spelt out?
God's Law is what is referred to as the Good News, the Gospels, the Words spoken by Jesus Christ, the one who is the embodiment of the Law. Jesus Christ did say that those who belong to Him are those who continuously submit to and obey His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - and His friends are those who do as He commands- John 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Danhumprey: 5:40pm On May 01, 2022
Jashub:
Human evolution did not do that because human soceity greatly differs and varies in terms of religious beliefs and cultural systems . If you doubt this , look at all the world's religions and cultures and see if they intersect at all in terms of anything let alone a common belief that killing babies is wrong.

So therefore your explanation is void of any concrete logical answer.

Which bring us back to issues: what tells us that killing babies is wrong ? The answer : a higher moral standard . This is where the introduction of a God comes to play

Lol.
Your conclusion is poor and wack. But that's to be expected.
Your all too often conclusion is to want to credit such things to a higher entity, a god. The all too familiar "god of the gap". You can't help yourself. Not surprised.
Have a nice day.
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 5:44pm On May 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Trust and obedience in the Bible is not blindness. Instead, what God asks is that we trust Him and the agreement He makes with us- His Law. The details of the Law are as provided us by Jesus Christ with all the Terms and conditions spelt out for those who are interested. undecided

Like any other contract or agreement one chooses to enter into, trust and obedience - to the terms and conditions of said contract - is required. Now with God, He is absolutely committed from His end to honoring His agreement - He is faithful -and He calls on men to doing the same. undecided
what's you're saying is not convincing...watin concern Bible with terms and conditions
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Jashub: 5:47pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:

Lol.
Your conclusion is poor and wack. But that's to be expected.
Your all too often conclusion is to want to credit such things to a higher entity, a god. The all too familiar "god of the gap". You can't help yourself. Not surprised.
Have a nice day.
How is it poor or whacked when in fact, it is true . grin

Let me also ask you another question to prove the point: why is murder in all societies considered wrong?

Or why is stealing considered wrong...? grin

Make your research on this before shouting "human evolution ".

Peace
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On May 01, 2022
Gben5:
what's you're saying is not convincing...watin concern Bible with terms and conditions
God's Law, as presented to you in even the Gospels, is a contract that defines the terms and conditions of the agreement God wants to make with you, His creation - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 5:50pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:

You evaded my question, but quickly jumped to ask a moot question.

But let me humour. In your very religious book, the Bible, slavery was glorified and encouraged. Your god allowed slavery, told his "chosen" people, to take and make slaves of the heathens, the Canaanites. Even in the New testament, slavery, owning slaves, was glorified and allowed. It took years of human evolution and adaptation to finally realized and put laws in place that disallowed and outlawed slavery. Humans. Not your god. Humans.

To your question about killing babies. Pages of your Bible, are littered with commands of your god commanding his people to carryout out acts of genocides. Heck, your god carried out acts of genocides. And guess what, babies were among the victims of this genocides. So excuse me if I can't see clear to draw my idea of morality from that genocidal, plagiarized book you called the Bible.
It took human evolution to acknowledge that killing babies, heck, killing fellow humans, is wrong.
Human standard of morality is why killing babies is seen as wrong.

So what exactly was the point you were trying to pass by asking that question?
Good one let me wait for his answers...lol
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 5:55pm On May 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God's Law, as presented to you in even the Gospels, is a contract that defines the terms and conditions of the agreement God wants to make with you, His creation - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided
I still don't understand u ok.... what's that contract defines the terms and conditions
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On May 01, 2022
Gben5:
I still don't understand u ok.... what's that contract defines the terms and conditions
Do you know what I mean when I say," God's Law"? undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 6:14pm On May 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you know what I mean when I say," God's Law"? undecided
please can you spelt out those laws for me... ..as in mention them for me ...I really want to learn

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On May 01, 2022
Gben5:
please can you spelt out those laws for me... ..as in mention them for me ...I really want to learn
Um.... you want me to list almost 100 laws here? undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Steep: 6:27pm On May 01, 2022
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On May 01, 2022
Gben5:
Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where Prayer is concerned - please be sure to

[ Ask, Seek and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you[b]Matthew 7 vs 7[/b]
Pray continously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have recieved, found and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
Always pray in secret and in hiding Matthew 6 vs 6
Pray the Lord's prayer-Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins- Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
Always approach God in Humility-
Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
Ask the Father in the name of Jesus Christ
John 15 vs 16
If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ , will do whatever you ask in His name John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
Pray for your enemies - Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
Ask God for the Holy Spirit -
Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

As Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off that they do, but instead take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26. undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Hope2014(m): 10:10pm On May 01, 2022
Danhumprey:

The Bible did said that God knows the ways of man and even determines his (man) steps.
That pretty screams determination to me.

Not only that, he also controls man to choose his path either destruction or life. Nobody becomes saved because they wanted to be saved but God saved people because he wanted them to be saved. I know someone that God told him, he created him to be destroyed, the person thought it was the voice of satan. We are generally hopeless in God's sight no wonder David said "he knows our frame that we are dust". and about watching people burn in hell, to me God is not a human being, a Spirit that has lived since infinity, has all power, wisdom, knowledge and understanding, seen everything from infinity to infinity so watching people burn in hell for their tresspasses will surely not move him. He cant be moved by people suffering, everyone has a CHOICE but Everyone answer is from God

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 3:25am On May 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Um.... you want me to list almost 100 laws here? undecided
yes sir... please
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 3:33am On May 02, 2022
Hope2014:

Not only that, he also controls man to choose his path either destruction or life. Nobody becomes saved because they wanted to be saved but God saved people because he wanted them to be saved. I know someone that God told him, he created him to be destroyed, the person thought it was the voice of satan. We are generally hopeless in God's sight no wonder David said "he knows our frame that we are dust". and about watching people burn in hell, to me God is not a human being, a Spirit that has lived since infinity, has all power, wisdom, knowledge and understanding, seen everything from infinity to infinity so watching people burn in hell for their tresspasses will surely not move him. He cant be moved by people suffering, everyone has a CHOICE but Everyone answer is from God
bro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean burning in will not move him... angry
Hope2014:

bro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean burning in will not move him...

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 3:34am On May 02, 2022
Hope2014:

bro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean burning in will not move him... angry
Hope2014:

bro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean by burning in hell fire will not move him...
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Hope2014(m): 4:31am On May 02, 2022
Gben5:
bro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean burning in will not move him... angrybro na lie you lie for this your comments God's ways no be way of man....watin u mean by burning in hell fire will not move him...
Okay it moves him, he shed tears and they remain suffering until judgment day when the suffering will be stronger and it is for everlasting, that means after 2 billion years they have not yet started. See God, Jesus are not humans, they may be moved by people going to hell, might even shed many tears but they are okay with it. I know someone who God told he created him to be destroyed, the person even saw tears fall from the eyes of God, yet did that change God's mind. My brother the only hope for a person is God showing him mercy because he wants to show him mercy. Nothing more
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Grandmeister(m): 7:33am On May 02, 2022
Danhumprey:

Lol. It's the way you conclude my idea of "free will" to be a moral problem rather than a philosophical one. But that's by the way.
You made a rather moot point about god's commandments as being the standard and foundation of what is just or true.
I have just one question for you: how did you come to know about these commandments? Where are they written? Or god specifically told you in some trance or dreams that so and so are his "commandments" which sets the standard and foundation?
Your own version and understanding of free will differs from what I think it is…if you program a robot to do certain things in a certain way then it doesn’t have free will. In the case of man, he is allowed to think or act in whatever way he wants…but to also realise that each of his decisions or actions has a consequence. Now that is free will…you’re allowed to go to sambisa forest as a Nigerian but also know that it has its consequences. So going to sambisa is your choice and receiving whatever repercussion that comes from it is as a result of YOUR CHOICE.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Gben5: 9:36am On May 04, 2022
. I know someone who God told he created him to be destroyed, the person even saw tears fall from the eyes of God, yet did that change God's ....and who is that person?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On May 04, 2022
Gben5:
. I know someone who God told he
created him to be destroyed, the person even saw tears fall
from the eyes of God, yet did that change God's ....and who is that person?
What the person experienced was instead a hallucination. There are so many folks who claim to have seen God too...should we go about believing all such claims? undecided

God cannot contradict Himself, so for God to tell a man He was created to be destroyed contradicts God's very own judgement which God imposed on Adam in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On May 04, 2022
Gben5:
according to the Bible God knows or knew us before we were born...so why will he watch us sine and die ...burn in hell fire for life?...God is compassionate

Because as Jashub rightly answered, "knowing" is not the same as results.

Eg We know our children in schools will either pass or fail their exams BUT THE PASSING OF FAILING IS THEIRS TO PRODUCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45am On May 05, 2022
Danhumprey:

Free Will, in the sight of a supposed omniscient, omnipresent god, is "him" basically telling you "look, I created you. And I grant you the freedom, the free will, to do as you like, do whatever you want. But that your free will is only restricted to two choices: you do what I like, even if you don't like it, if it doesn't make sense to you, but as it's what I like, you must do it. And if you do it, I'll reward you with heaven. That's choice one. Choice two, you don't do what I like, what I ask you to do, but instead do what you like and that offends me and goes contrary to what I asked you to do, I'll punish you with eternal suffering in hell fire."

Tell me again about"free will".

That is what it means to be a creation,

CREATIONS ARE NEVER ABSOLUTELY FREE.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ABSOLUTE FREEDOM.

Free will, "is the power and ability to freely choose any thing, from the options available."

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Hope2014(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2022
Gben5:
. I know someone who God told he
created him to be destroyed, the person even saw tears fall
from the eyes of God, yet did that change God's ....and who is that person?
Pharoah was created to be destroyed. Though i believe what our forefathers did whether good or bad will tell on the offsprings. For instance if a person was called into ministry and given authority to do some assignment that will save souls, out of lack of fear of God did not do it. The person will be destoryed and the family of the person might not be saved. Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
because thou hast rejected knowledge,
I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me:
seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,
I will also forget thy children.
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by BSdetective: 3:03pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, technically compete... not everyone who calls Jesus Christ "Lord, Lord!" will enter into Heaven.. that's really I meant, but not trying to be literal there since as many as live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings(and commandments) will become Sons of God, and eventually make it in at the end. undecided

2. Impossible! Jesus Christ never said the sinless will enter into Heaven. Instead Heaven is only for those who lived a righteous life while here on earth. undecided

So, assuming Hitler was born-again, and confessed His sins before his last moments, he would still not enter into the Kingdom of God since he did not live a righteous life- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. The standard was set over 2000 years ago by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

3. Any victim of Hitler's, who was born-again and didn't live a righteous life, will end up judged the same as Hitler, I am afraid. undecided

What you're saying is actually blasphemy according to the Bible you speak of. Jeez
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
What you're saying is actually blasphemy according to the Bible you speak of. Jeez
Be more specific.... undecided
Re: Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. by BSdetective: 3:19pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Be more specific.... undecided

So, assuming Hitler was born-again, and confessed His sins before his last moments, he would still not enter into the Kingdom of God since he did not live a righteous life- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets Pray For Infidel / Who Can Tell Me What Happened Between Gen 1:1 And Gen 1:2? / The End Time Is Come!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.