Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126507 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by mactoni91(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2022
Anyone combining a 9am - 5pm job running this program?

I just got accepted but my 9am - 5pm job may be a problem.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by TechSavvyStack: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2022
mactoni91:

Read from the beginning. The OP is doing exactly that and even combined another program.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
mactoni91:

That seriously depends on you
I'm currently working a job of 8am - 8pm, it hasn't been easy but I'm doing it anyways
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2022
Woleobi:

Please the link has been reset. Can you drop the new link?

Below is the link, ensure to close the spacing first

https:// chat.whatsapp. com/FBRQ72tAJ9c9XKxUyA5ReQ

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
nobodii:
please i just started today received 3 emails today with tasks expiring tomorrow, and one of the task is on slack my device is android 7.1 so the slack app is incompatible and i don't have a pc is there any way around this please?

Anyone?

Oh dear
Let's do it this way, join the link below, your cohort members in there will assist you

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
Honestly, C language hasn't been easy at all
I learnt the concept of each topics but using them on ALX tasks prove rather difficult

I was frustrated, I felt like looking for a friend to go drink with and rant about it

But I had a lot of supportive friends around me who took their time to explain in details and I have been getting better at it

I recently created a WhatsApp group for September Cohort and will drop link for those who wanna join

I'm so glad to announce that many people from the August cohort chatted me up to tell me how they were scaling in the program, many of them did the tasks ahead of the D-Day it is sent.

I'm sharing it to encourage the September Cohort because nothing brings me more joy than seeing people excel after intense studying and preparation

2 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Tfsho: 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
@anonymous606

Kindly tell me how to connect sandbox to termux
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emarex: 12:11am On Aug 18, 2022
Is laptop compulsory to do this program?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:23am On Aug 18, 2022
Tfsho:
@anonymous606

Kindly tell me how to connect sandbox to termux

Copy your ssh link to Termux, it will request for a password then go back to your sandbox, you will see a password there, copy it and paste on termux then you will be allowed into the sandbox

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Emarex:
Is laptop compulsory to do this program?

Necessary but not compulsory
They're stages you can do with phone and they are some that requires laptop
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emarex: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Necessary but not compulsory
They're stages you can do with phone and they are some that requires laptop
alright thanks
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by nobodii: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Oh dear
Let's do it this way, join the link below, your cohort members in there will assist you

thanks done that
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Tfsho: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Thanks

Anonymous6o6:

Copy your ssh link to Termux, it will request for a password then go back to your sandbox, you will see a password there, copy it and paste on termux then you will be allowed into the sandbox
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by cokeryusuf09(m): 3:32am On Aug 19, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
I learnt the concept of each topics but using them on ALX tasks prove rather difficult

I was frustrated, I felt like looking for a friend to go drink with and rant about it

But I had a lot of supportive friends around me who took their time to explain in details and I have been getting better at it

I recently created a WhatsApp group for September Cohort and will drop link for those who wanna join

I'm so glad to announce that many people from the August cohort chatted me up to tell me how they were scaling in the program, many of them did the tasks ahead of the D-Day it is sent.

I'm sharing it to encourage the September Cohort because nothing brings me more joy than seeing people excel after intense studying and preparation
tracy i am getting tired cos i am using phone , i have alot of undone project cos i dont the mobile app to connect to the sandbox
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Sapeleboy911(m): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

tracy i am getting tired cos i am using phone , i have alot of undone project cos i dont the mobile app to connect to the sandbox

Why not install termux from fdroid?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Text me your WhatsApp number on my email
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

But the procedure is quite simple

Download Termux
Copy your ssh link on your sandbox and paste on your termux, it will request for a password
Go back to your sandbox and copy the sandbox and paste on termux

Then you will be allowed in to do your tasks
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by assurance11: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
Can you please add me to the WhatsApp group. I'm in August batch but seem to be clueless about the lectures. Please help a friend here is my WhatsApp no. 08110359224. Thanks
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Why not do the assignments in the sandbox itself? Why looking for third party apps making the whole thing complicated for yourself. I do my assignments in the sandbox
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ashiwajew: 6:34am On Aug 20, 2022
Seunfunmi18:

We started since March 14.
We are already done with the first sprint.
Currently building our second group project.

Hello sir. I sent you a pm
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by IamLincoln: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2022
I just got accepted into the Alx program and classes are scheduled to begin next month. Thing is, I bought a python course on Udemy abouy a week ago and I am just 7 days into the course, now I am wondering if it's worth giving it up to focus fully on the alx program and prepare ahead by learning C. I am at a crossroad here y'all.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by TechSavvyStack: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
IamLincoln:
I just got accepted into the Alx program and classes are scheduled to begin next month. Thing is, I bought a python course on Udemy abouy a week ago and I am just 7 days into the course, now I am wondering if it's worth giving it up to focus fully on the alx program and prepare ahead by learning C. I am at a crossroad here y'all.

From observation, most of the people in the ALX program already have intermediate knowledge about programming and are there for more knowledge/the added advantage of being added to the ROOM(opportunity). So you being on a solo study course/tutorial shouldn't stop you from being in ALX. At least when they get to Python, you won't be a novice to the topic..Cheers
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Pod443300: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
wink wink
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ashiwajew: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Thanks for all you do Tracy.

I have been admitted for the September cohort. Please drop the WhatsApp group link.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by telleyway: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2022
tysoftware:
Easy Steps To Make a Massive Income As a Student Or Working Class 100k IN Weekly

Do you Know can make huge amount of money weekly by just selling products that are not yours.

yes what if i tell you or what if you are paid 50k commission for just selling one product.

how many of these product are you willing to sell to eradicate poverty from your life.

which means if you sell 10 of these products you will be paid 500k....... 50k times 10

would you like to know more about this business opportunity that has transformed a lot people's ,student and working class and self employed life ?

kindly drop me message : hi am interested (tysoftware) on 08061275870

Will you please remove this piece of trash from here?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by RICHMAN247(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
I want to apply for the Alx program. I saw a space for company website, Cv and Lindlyn profile. I don't have a website yet. Is it compulsory I must have all these requirements before I'm admitted?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by SWEAbim: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
No, those are not compulsory, the compulsory fields have *.

A group is being put together for preparation for the new cohorts of ALX SE, if you're interested join with this link:

https://chat. whatsapp. com/GZZdgFUDJnd2D8FY2AWEYd

I broke the link so I can paste it here. So copy it & paste somewhere else then close the gaps inbetween to make the link click-through.

RICHMAN247:
I want to apply for the Alx program. I saw a space for company website, Cv and Lindlyn profile. I don't have a website yet. Is it compulsory I must have all these requirements before I'm admitted?

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by SWEAbim: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
You know after ALX, the sandbox won't be available, so why not start getting familiar with the tools/softwares you'll work with in the real world.

chukwuebuka65:

Why not do the assignments in the sandbox itself? Why looking for third party apps making the whole thing complicated for yourself. I do my assignments in the sandbox
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by chukwuebuka65(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
SWEAbim:
You know after ALX, the sandbox won't be available, so why not start getting familiar with the tools/softwares you'll you in real world situations.

She is still a beginner. What if she ends up not getting it to work? She should quit then?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by SWEAbim: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Not quit, in ALX you do hard things�, start now!

chukwuebuka65:

She is still a beginner. What if she ends up not getting it to work? She should quit then?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by RICHMAN247(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
I completed my registration of the Alx since morning till this moment I have not received any congratulations to know if I've been admitted. How long will I wait before receiving my admitted message via my email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.