Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126493 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by divalizzy(f): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Please email me
Right now, I'm kinda busy

Please how do I get tye materials? After I got the acceptance mail from alx last month, I haven't gotten any other thing from them. I hope I haven't missed anything.

Also pls resend the link to join the group.

Thank you so much.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by divalizzy(f): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
sanmisamuel:

I don't think you should be worried right now.

Submission closes 8 of August, programme starts 15th of August. So let's be looking at between 8 and 15th of August.

In the email,it was stated that an email will be sent to us nextwk

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2022
divalizzy:

Please how do I get tye materials? After I got the acceptance mail from alx last month, I haven't gotten any other thing from them. I hope I haven't missed anything.

Also pls resend the link to join the group.

Thank you so much.

Hello Diva
Please mail me with your WhatsApp number to send the materials to you.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 11:37am On Aug 06, 2022
Hey guys
I know my update here has been a bit slow, my apologies but we can connect on LinkedIn, I'm currently posting my experience there, let's connect.

https://www. linkedin.com/in/tracy-okorie-8ba64b214

Omo, this week had it's share of stress, there were times I got depressed and didn't see the point of anything. It was seriously challenging and mentally draining. Especially since alx Virtual Assistant Program just got even more complex.

I'm also glad to say I have met people who helped me overcome my stress. One of them who is my Onee-chan (big brother lol), we connected from this Nairaland and has been studying C together.

Next week we'll fully be starting data structures, mehn... Not going to lie, I'm a bit tense cause of the hype but doesn't mean I won't scale through.

The project for yesterday required us to work in pairs to create our own printf. I'm five the deadline is 5days, cause Omo... I'm not in a rush.

The August cohort are doing quite well in that group, a lot have gone far with their studies and I really respect their determination. Don't give up

My name is Tracy, currently undergoing alx software engineering program and this is my third months and I'm still using my phone! Well I know I will be needing a laptop soon but till then.

Also, you can check out the GitHub,

Https:// www.github.com/Tra-G

Close in the spaces

2 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by MrPrinceIkpa(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
Can someone please share a link to a telegram group where materials are shared?

I'm beginning on the 15th of August.

Thanks in advance
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by divalizzy(f): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Hello Diva

Here is my WhatsApp no.
Thank you very much.

I will also like to join any WhatsApp/telegram group.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2022
divalizzy:

Here is my WhatsApp no.
Thank you very much.

I will also like to join any WhatsApp/telegram group.

Alright I will send to you now
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Marvel1206: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Hey guys
I know my update here has been a bit slow, my apologies but we can connect on LinkedIn, I'm currently posting my experience there, let's connect.

Omo, this week had it's share of stress, there were times I got depressed and didn't see the point of anything. It was seriously challenging and mentally draining. Especially since alx Virtual Assistant Program just got even more complex.

I'm also glad to say I have met people who helped me overcome my stress. One of them who is my Onee-chan (big brother lol), we connected from this Nairaland and has been studying C together.

Next week we'll fully be starting data structures, mehn... Not going to lie, I'm a bit tense cause of the hype but doesn't mean I won't scale through.

The project for yesterday required us to work in pairs to create our own printf. I'm five the deadline is 5days, cause Omo... I'm not in a rush.

The August cohort are doing quite well in that group, a lot have gone far with their studies and I really respect their determination. Don't give up

My name is Tracy, currently undergoing alx software engineering program and this is my third months and I'm still using my phone! Well I know I will be needing a laptop soon but till then.

Close in the spaces

You have been using your phone? How did you complete projects without your laptop?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Jadoskii(m): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2022
Ebube043:
let me volunteer, ebubechiufomba@gmail.com

How far..please share the group link
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by cokeryusuf09(m): 5:05am On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Hey guys

Close in the spaces
Add me to the whatsapp group on this phone number 09073008482
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2022
Marvel1206:

You have been using your phone? How did you complete projects without your laptop?

I made use of an app called "Termux", it's like a mini terminal for phone. Then I link my sandbox to the termux to do my projects, meanwhile, to practice C programming language, I made use of Sololearn.

4 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Add me to the whatsapp group on this phone number 09073008482

The group is actually filled but let me drop the link in case someone has left, you can just join

https:// chat.whatsapp. com/FBRQ72tAJ9c9XKxUyA5ReQ
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Jadoskii(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Odogwu002:
Thanks so much for the recommendation.
For more clarification, (SORRY FOR THIS QUESTION).

I have seen a lot of people on this thread say do this and that, but I am not quite where to start and prepare tho.

What should I start to learn first (I MEAN VERY FIRST THING TO LEARN TO SURVIVE THE 1ST MONTH), is it possible for you to just run a list on it. I can rumble around and get great tools to prepare, I have quit my job and everything to focus on only this school. I am certain I will not guard down.

PS: I already have a roadmap for survival till the next 12 month lol so don't worry. Is better to invest and let of everything and focus for better result. As a matter of fact I am quitting so many things from next month 1st.

Hello odogwu.thanks for sharing.
Do you think we can connect, group chat (a small circle).. I think we need people of like minds (study groups) to ginger/motivate each other...
What's your email boss
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by princevan(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
What does the 2 weeks onboarding entail. Are there real projects?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Citizenlucid: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
@Anonymous6o6
This is my number 08112622951
Help add me to the group chat, I messaged you on LinkedIn but still haven't gotten added.
Thank you
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by aydolar(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
@Anonymous6o6

Pls I will be glad if you can add me to any WhatsApp or Telegram group on ALX sir
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
princevan:
What does the 2 weeks onboarding entail. Are there real projects?

Yeah
A lot actually
The third week would be shell scripting and the 4th is C language
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
Citizenlucid:
@Anonymous6o6
This is my number 08112622951
Help add me to the group chat, I messaged you on LinkedIn but still haven't gotten added.
Thank you

Oh dear
The group is already filled up but you check the link above and copy, when someone leaves, you can join
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
aydolar:
@Anonymous6o6

Pls I will be glad if you can add me to any WhatsApp or Telegram group on ALX sir

Already full

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by divalizzy(f): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Alright I will send to you now

Hi.

Please I have not gotten the materials
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by divalizzy(f): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2022
Jadoskii:

Hello odogwu.thanks for sharing.
Do you think we can connect, group chat (a small circle).. I think we need people of like minds (study groups) to ginger/motivate each other...
What's your email boss

Since the group is full. I think you are of August 15th cohort. I am also. Can we form a WhatsApp study group?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Tizozo: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Hello Diva
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by JohnBullMySon: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
The program's structure...
Op. This is better called Web development and not software engineering. Software engineering is not Web programming. It is beyond that.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Jadoskii(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2022
divalizzy:

Since the group is full. I think you are of August 15th cohort. I am also. Can we form a WhatsApp study group?
Awesome...how do we go about it ..
Should I mail you my number?
If yes, what's your email address
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Hey guys

Close in the spaces

I must commend you for creating this thread @anonymous. Wonderful idea plus it has been beneficial to a lot and also an inspiration for me particularly

I will like to join the whatsapp group for the August cohort please. Send the link so I can join.
BlessUp
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Hello Diva

Can you also send me the materials and other things required. I really appreciate your efforts. Keep it going and don't relent. Here's my email address afolabiadebola236atgmaildot com
Please change the colored text to its appropriate symbols
Cheers
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by 0neal(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
divalizzy:

This is a good idea
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2022
0neal:

This is a good idea

I agree with you on creating a new WhatsApp group . Then we can add anonymous6o6 so that she can help post what ever updates from the other group so that the rest of us do not miss out on the vital informations going round.

some one should please volunteer and create a new group. I suggest diva should since she came up with the idea
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ogbevireo(m): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
Jadoskii:

Awesome...how do we go about it ..
Should I mail you my number?
If yes, what's your email address

I got accepted into the ALX programme.
I am in the Cohort that will begin on August 15th.

I too will be interested in joining a group or would be happy to create one.
Let me know what you think boss.
Thanks!!!
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
divalizzy:

divalizzy can you create a WhatsApp group like u suggested up there.?so that the rest of us can join .

its is going to be very vital as we proceed on this journey to becoming certified software engineers
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
ogbevireo:

I got accepted into the ALX programme.
I am in the Cohort that will begin on August 15th.

I too will be interested in joining a group or would be happy to create one.
Let me know what you think boss.
Thanks!!!

You can volunteer to create one .. but we should ensure that we inform anonymous6o6 first before we create and add her to the group cos her presence will be highly needed so we can catch up with info from other groups.

anonymous6o6 come o yuor children are waiting
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Apholabby: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Op. This is better called Web development and not software engineering. Software engineering is not Web programming. It is beyond that.

did you check the technologies listed in the low level path. C language, unix programming, grahic programming etc.

Dont make me call u johnbullmyson

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.