Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" (37608 Views)

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' / Fox News Cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski Killed In Ukraine By Russian Military Fire. / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UCHIHAmask: 12:36pm On May 04, 2022
MajesticKris:
Have you Noticed that almost all the weapons, been used now, to fight are mostly outdated??

Not like our Nigerian outdated ohh..
Cus our weapons are mostly from 1980...

Our weapons are far outdated (below 1980),when was the Mexican super tucano produced? What of ak47s? Yet not until recent when the US supplied us new super tucano what we get of this old technology aren't new,we get already used ones(rusty ak47 etc)..
The thunder(m17) aircraft wey Nigeria receive still try small

The weapons wey US and Russia dem dey use nah mostly upgrade from 80s,wetin you talk na true Sha as dem never deploy most recent techs

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UCHIHAmask: 12:44pm On May 04, 2022
Mooh247:
God bless the Pope, God bless Isrealis Prime minister, God bless Mexican President

God bless every peace loving honest mediator instead of war mongers

Cc; joyandfaith listen pope .. papal infallible
What was the Israeli prime minister say on this war?
I can't believe he didn't foolishly back the US propaganda!!
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Mooh247: 12:49pm On May 04, 2022
UCHIHAmask:

What was the Israeli prime minister say on this war?
I can't believe he didn't foolishly back the US propaganda!!

He traveled to Kremlin and met with Putin, they discussed descalation of the war and also discussed on matters regarding Syria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/israeli-prime-minister-naftali-bennett-meets-with-russian-president-vladimir-putin-in-moscow-/6473174.html

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UCHIHAmask: 12:54pm On May 04, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I have a Nigerian friend who is a US Marine. His unit has a javelin and he's the one who handles the equipment. Such a beautiful piece of weaponry. Though, Russia has their own version too. This conflict has proven that future wars won't be fought with tanks and ships; submarines, missiles, and space weapons are the future of warfare
Russia is seriously gaining experience of this reality,I wonder to what direction this war will Inspire their already crazy military scientist!!
Although Fighting terrorists and millitary drills boast tactical and combat effectiveness of the military it can't be compared in advantage to fighting a war with another well trained army that has modern welfare equipment and capabilities...
Only Israel has both advantage,it wouldn't wear off because their war wasn't too long ago and a part of it is still continuous!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UCHIHAmask: 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
InoGetJoy:

We'll all probably die if there's another world war. The good news is that the planet, Earth, will be happier if we're gone
After we are gone there would be nothing "happy" about existence because even plant and animals would be destroyed in the same manner and percent to humans..
The remaining existence would be that of misery
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by mbos: 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
perez100:
The US "Javelin" had made nonsense of armoured tanks. The tanks are easily blown into pieces like balloons. The Javelin comes with 2 war heads and gives you the opportunity to fire and change position and this makes it so difficult for enemies to track where the attack comes from. Whenever Javelin is involved, the tanks that position in one place are sure for destructions and trying to tactically maneuver, still no escape because whichever way, Javelin the king of destruction will track you. Anytime Javelin is in action, it can't return without delivering its message successfully. What made Russian Commander exclaimed, "tanks are now useless and appears like toys.".

Javelin, a symbol of Ukraine"s resistance.

Don't joke with Javelin.
WITH THE hypersonics destroying the so called javelin depot.. what next
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UCHIHAmask: 1:17pm On May 04, 2022
Rugaria:

If Ukraine didn't refuse to keep to her agreements with Russia, both Crimea and this current war will not have happened. That's the fact you should understand. For me, these issues are very simple but Nigerians like to make it complex. I believe that a huge Super power like Russia deserves some respect and shouldn't be bullied the way the Americans are doing. Obviously, the US is desperate to contain Russia and restrict the level of influence that Russia can exude in international affairs. The world have seen all sorts of wars and carnage and bloodshed because of these "ego wars" being fought by the West in all sorts of places around the world..

The Americans have the prerogative to do so if they chose to, but we also have to understand that the Russians have the right to work against such in the ultimate defence of their national interest. That's what's going on in Ukraine today; Russia fighting off Western attempt to encircle her! Every discerning minds can see this. Trying to make it look like a wayward land grab by Russia doesn't make sense. It wasn't Russia that voted to join NATO, it was Ukraine! NATO is more or else Russias nemesis.... Those beholden to an emotional attachment to western propaganda won't see the facts for what they're; facts!
Remember Cuba crisis when the US resisted the Russia nuclear armament in Mexico
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by deluxecad(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2022
Isn't it obvious that it's Biden+ NATO's proxy war?

Unnecessary and wasteful.

NATO this, NATO that blah blah blah. Can we do an inventory of how much havoc NATO has wrought around the world including the Ukraine crisis?

TenQ:

Global criminalisation of NATO that invaded Ukraine and destroyed several cities?

There is no problem if you dislike NATO, but in this war, Russia goofed big time. They are greedy and selfish.

Putin's aim is to have a restoration of the old Soviet empire and a unified Russia. Every other thing is just a ruse to attain this. I pray he fails miserably in annexing eastern Ukraine.

A question for you:
If Russia succeeds in annexing the whole of eastern Ukraine, does it solve the problem of
1. Ukraine joining NATO
2. de-Nazifying Ukraine
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by deluxecad(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2022
No mind them.

UCHIHAmask:

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by preciousmetals: 2:23pm On May 04, 2022
What do you expect from a man who is suffering from perkinson disease.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 2:41pm On May 04, 2022
UCHIHAmask:

Cuban missile crises was in the 60s between the then President Kennedy and Khrushchev of the Soviet Union. The Soviets deployed nuclear missiles in Cuba because the Americans were desperate to topple Castro. An agreement was reached and the Americans promised never to attack Cuba and the Soviets immediately removed the weapons. That was before the collapse of the Soviet Union and even your Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union as at the time..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by panafrican(m): 2:48pm On May 04, 2022
Good !
The pope said it right !!!!!!!
NATO is a warmonger !
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by joyandfaith: 3:15pm On May 04, 2022
Somebody like Mooh247 will kill all his neighbours for bringing a stranger who just barks at his door.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Mooh247: 3:17pm On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:
Somebody like Mooh247 will kill all his neighbours for bringing a stranger who just barks at his door.

Are my neighbours meant to bark at my door?!

Did my neighbours consider elderly people indoor prone to heart attack and HBP

Is Ukraine war in Donbass region and flagrant disagreement of Minsk agreement just barking at the door

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by joyandfaith: 3:24pm On May 04, 2022
Mooh247:

Are my neighbours meant to bark at my door?!

Did my neighbours consider elderly people indoor prone to heart attack and HBP

Is Ukraine war in Donbass region and flagrant disagreement of Minsk agreement just barking at the door

And you will kill them because of barking at door?
No other solution to kill them.
What is Minsk agreement? You don’t even understand what it entails.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Mooh247: 3:27pm On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

And you will kill them because of barking at door?
No other solution to kill them.
What is Minsk agreement? You don’t even understand what it entails.

Identify Donbass region as an autonomous region with right to self governance obey the referendum results and let ethnic Russia in Ukraine live in peace

Oh and demilitralisation is not killing... You either stand down and drop your weapons or face lethal consiquences

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by joyandfaith: 3:38pm On May 04, 2022
Mooh247:

Identify Donbass region as an autonomous region with right to self governance obey the referendum results and let ethnic Russia in Ukraine live in peace

Oh and demilitralisation is not killing... You either stand down and drop your weapons or face lethal consiquences

Why did it fail?
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Mooh247: 3:39pm On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Why did it fail?

What failed
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by bepositive11: 3:42pm On May 04, 2022
You like seeing people lose their lives senselessly?

Whazar:
I love war like mad
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by joyandfaith: 3:42pm On May 04, 2022
Mooh247:

What failed

Minsk agreement. Why did it fail? Understanding why it failed will provide some insight to 2022 war in Ukraine.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Morphinne: 3:55pm On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

What is the business of Russia with that?
Russia’s business is that Ukraine is not just a neighboring country but used to be a part of the Russia federation and no country keeps a hostile neighbor. Pls read about the Cuba missile crisis and come back to me. I’m sure after reading it, you will know why the United States rejected and frustrated Russia’s plan on building a military base in Cuba, a close Neighbor. We can as well ask ‘what was US’s business with Russia forming Alliance and building a military base in Cuba. [b]In summary, what’s happening now in Ukraine or what led to the war in Ukraine now is that USA/NATO are doing what they prevented Russia from doing in Cuba, claiming that Soviet Union should not extend Northwards while they too would not extend Eastward but someone is now reneging on that agreement and some of you think that that someone is the saint here while the other party fighting back is now termed the Villain in this story[b]
Once you get yourself conversant with international politics in the nearest future, you will realize why the two countries (US and now Russia) are wary of keeping hostile neighbors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Morphinne: 4:20pm On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

And in the process, thousands of Russian soldiers have lost their lives over INFLUENCE on a country. Ukraine can at least say, Ukrainians died defending their nation. What reason the Putin sacrifice his Generals?

Zelensky has acted a a wise Leader who stood up to Ukraine s enemies rather than surrender like a goat. In history, Zelensky has done the impossible: he stood of to Russia who is 10 times bigger than Ukraine in every thing.

He won the first round (the battle for Kieve). A comedian giving Putin (an experienced Politician and warlord) a bloody nose!?
I salute Zelensky's courage and resilience.

Do you know that if Zelensky had fled Ukraine like a comedian, Putin would have been in charge of Ukraine by now!

Are you Saying that Zelensky should have fled Ukraine?
I would have loved to answer all your questions one after the other but it will be too lengthy. The screenshot below should help you understand what’s going on in Ukraine as well as the preamble to the whole humanitarian crisis inflicting this said region. Pls read with open mind and digest well and stop thinking the way some people want you to think. Be a freethinker because that’s what ultimately makes you a higher animal. What USA/WEST/NATO is doing is a typical case of doing to others what you would never accept. Take care and enjoy your day. W

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 04, 2022
sorepco:
You might be correct but everyone is seeing how effective their weaponry is but Russiacase is the opposite as theirs is of no use. What an irony!
You start a war to test your weapons just to discover they do not work; your airforce mistakenly bombs your armies; your generals are useless and keep getting killed; your conscripts keep disobeying their superiors!
What a shame. A man regarded as the most powerful man in the world in January 2022 and by February is seen as pitiful...laughable ...and incompetent all due to his arrogance and lack of vision!

Who regarded Putin as the most powerful man in the world in January 2022? Na wa for you ooh.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 04, 2022
MrBONE2:

Yeah you are right Bwana grin

Sadly I wasn't given an opportunity to test my Guwara Guwara at the war zone to see how effective it is, this asnt fair, Great One is watching them grin

cheesy

Oga it's not late. Go test am before they settle. tongue
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by ogyunging(m): 5:48pm On May 04, 2022
Preach
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Amayabor1: 5:50pm On May 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2022/04/28/congress-passes-bill-to-loan-us-military-equipment-to-ukraine-and-allies/

I don't like to abuse but try read.

Nothing is free from USA you will pay back once your successful. Go to school.

I read the link you posted and I will say I am highly disappointed. Let me show you how much of an illiterate you are.

1. The US have several ways they are helping Ukraine since Russia invaded. The US has foreign aids for Ukraine (which include military, economic, humanitarian aids). These aids are not to be paid back by ukraine.

2. The US has a lend and lease law that was passed in 1941 to help allies. Even USSR and China has previously benefitted from this law. This was how the US helped the USSR to defeat Hitler by sending weapons to USSR during WW2.

3. Under the lend and lease law of 1941, the country receiving the US weapons must pay the US for any damage to the weapons and the weapons must be returned back to the US within 5 years. However, with this new Ukriane law, Ukraine has been exempted. Meaning that Ukriane doesn't have to pay a dime to the US for the weapons and they do not have to return them within 5 years.

4. The same day the US congress passed the Ukriane lense lease act was the same day they received a bill from Biden for an additional aid package for Ukraine in the tune of $33 billion dollars. This is to let you know that the lend lease act is different from the US foreign aids (Military, economic, humanitarian) to ukraine. Go learn what foreign aids mean, you said no!

It is a pity you posted an article but didn't understand it. I had to read it to explain it to you.

Illiterate!

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by UNico(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2022
Quelme:
This senile old fool is back into reality.
no brain [b][/b]
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by dvkot(m): 6:12pm On May 04, 2022
This war is American war.. I pity any western button lickers that thinks this war is about democracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGvO8b-tiaM
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by 989900: 6:18pm On May 04, 2022
The Pope wouldn't be this lost . . .
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Contekbbc: 6:28pm On May 04, 2022
Try more to convince me next time.

I still hold it that you're not learned enough to know the realities of RUSSIA, UKRAINE,NATO AND US.
I'll leave you to work more on your analytical skills,ok?

wenogodie2:

If you and your pope can support Putin then you and your pope can equally support Hitler.

It clearly shows who's watching Nickelodeon among us
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Jasper555(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2022
Last last will shall go back to era of � horse and sword fighting due to world war 3
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by MrBONE2(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
The Pope spoke the plain truth.
NATO barked at Putin's door and Biden was instead calling him to come out for dialogue. He came out and condemned the barking at his door. The other NATO members folded their arms looking at him like a stupid man. Putin warned them several times that he is going to act decisively if they don't leave. Instead they remained adamant. When they continue to bark at his door and he refused to come out for another dialogue Biden begin to shout up-and-down that Putin is a killer. That he is complicating peace efforts.

Imagine! You barked at my door and you are still calling me a trouble maker complicating peace efforts.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soleimani Killing: Iran Designates US Forces ‘Terrorists' / Israel's Iron Dome Intercepts Rockets From Gaza (Video) / Biden Vows Retaliation Over Kabul Attack, Says ISIL Affiliates Are Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.