Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" (37621 Views)

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' / Fox News Cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski Killed In Ukraine By Russian Military Fire. / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by KaptainAfrika: 9:17am On May 04, 2022
Your mother should have swallowed you.

sapele914:
Sure, the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, nonsense NATO Almijirin.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Morphinne: 9:18am On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

I asked a question:
What was Putin's excuse for annexing Cremia in 2014?

In the light of your answer, what do use think a wise Ukraine/Zelensky should have done!

Okay brother man and I appreciate this. Let’s argue like the intellects that we are.
I believe the screenshot below should answer your first question. A US-backed protesters toppled the then Ukrainian government (that’s a crime on its own) to install a new government that’s loyal to the West. This, to me, is enough reason to annex not just only Crimea but the whole Ukraine because it’s obvious that the West was up to something sinister right from when they started sponsoring protests in a sovereign country. So Putin is even too gentle and calm for my liking but that’s how a good diplomat should be. Crimea has always been pro-Russia and this have led to them being treated badly by the new Western-puppet government. The role the USA played then was tantamount to “coup” and I’m sure they would never allow Russia to play same role in any of US-allied states, I’m sure you would agree with me on that.
Now to your second question, a wise Zelensky (obviously not the comical one) should have respected the agreement made with the Russians federation to not accept or propose or promote the eastward encroachment policy of NATO. It is that simple. A wise Zelensky would have tried to learn why even the great NATO and the world captains, over the years, didn’t have the guts to say anything when Russia annexed the said Crimea. A wise Zelensky would have tried to know why no one had ever tried to get into direct conflict with both the defunct Soviet Union and the present-day Russia. You’re here challenging someone your supposed masters and role models dare not look in the eyes; someone your masters have always been fighting using proxies, it got to your turn, you faced him head on telling him you can’t be bullied. That’s about the greatest foolishness there is.
There’s obviously, at least, one reason why these strong names have been avoiding a direct military confrontation with this old devil. No US president had ever tried it in the past and none will. My brother, Pls don’t be a Zelensky!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 9:22am On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

In 2014 well before Ukraine ever thought of NATO, Russia annexed Cremia

Can you please answer this question:
In 2014 when Russia annex Cremia, was it because Ukraine desired to join NATO?
What was the excuse of Russia?

Please Google "Viktor Yanukovich". . Do so with an open mind if you can..
That was a Ukrainian president from the Donbas region elected through a free and fair election. He was toppled through a NATO inspired uprising in Kyiv in Feb 2014, because he signed a general security, economic and political agreement with Russia on behalf of Ukraine that would have saved the region from any sort of misunderstanding with her neighbor and would have ensured better security and political guarantees across the borders of the two nations..

After his unconstitutional overthrow, Western aligned forces in Ukraine started a series of provocative anti Russia actions that culminated in the worsening of the crises in the Donbas region and the accentuation of pro NATO/EU narratives with the ultimate ain of weaning Eastern Ukraine of her Russian identity. That was howntens of thousands of ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine were massacred and the world kept quiet. Russia needed to act to stem the tide..

The rest is history....., And btw, President Viktor is still in exile in Russia. Chased away by a mob not by the electorates because he was duly elected ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by musicwriter(m): 9:22am On May 04, 2022
Watch!

The Pope has said the truth. He said:
“You cannot think that a free state can make war on another free state,” he said. “In Ukraine, it seems that it was others who created the conflict. I am pessimistic but we must do everything possible to stop the war.”

But the way white people fool you is to dismiss things like that. So, the journalist, who's a secret service agent implanted in the media, added:
Francis veered toward conspiracy theory as he blamed the international community for instigating the war.

That's one of the ways white people fool others. They give you a word or phrase like "conspiracy theory" to distort your perception, therefore make you unable to trust your own judgement but instead to trust their world view all the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Hartugrin27(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

I pray u witness one
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by KaluwisxPRO: 9:34am On May 04, 2022
That is his opinion, the Catholic Church was also once an extremist, not even once, even till today.

So they’re all in the same boat with Putin.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by engrchykae(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2022
Rugaria:
I'm happy that The Pope understands the unending wickedness and pugnacious nature of NATO.
NATO is useless to modern world other than to provoke conflicts to loot other nations resources and to funnel funds into the "military industrial complex"

Putin was right to respond as he rightly did, but now that lives are being lost and Ukraine being totally ruined, anything that can be done to save lives is welcomed. Part of that should entail the global criminalization of NATO and the designation of the association as that of vandals and bloodsuckers..
only if you knew the extent to which pope John Paul Ii worked towards the dissolution of Soviet Union.
Putin is a secret service agent so I expect Putin to stay a good distance from the Pope.
Church fanatics can get mad at me, I don't care.
In 1967,18 White men(engineers) were arrested by col. Joe achuzie in warri.
Brought to ojukwu in umuahia.
After their embassies called for their release with no good response from ojukwu.
The Pope now called ojukwu and threatened that "his little dot will be wiped off the face of the Earth if he didn't release the 18 White men"
Do you know how long it took the Catholic church to address Jews after the Holocaust?
The church did nothing as Jews were being killed.
Fear the Church, they are worse than the devil.
The inquisition comes to mind and the so called holy wars, crusaders

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by sweetjohn(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:

USA don't give you anything for free the arms is loan to be repaid.
Aids is a free money. It means "help" "assistance". It's not to be repaid. And that is what almighty USA has been giving to every countries including developed and underdeveloped countries. Including United Nations. No country can try such. USA is the country with the highest debt index why? Because they use it to fund the world. USA is like a father providing for the needs of his children (the world). USA is a gift from God to humanity to achieve their "America dream". People all over the world refer to America as a "land of opportunities".
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Masterito(m): 9:39am On May 04, 2022
The pope was quoted out of context. This is another Russian propaganda.
WriterNig:

Since the beginning of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Pope Francis has floated the idea that he wants to take a trip to Kyiv to try to broker a ceasefire. But now he says he would prefer to go to Moscow to try to talk some sense into Vladimir Putin, who he has not outwardly condemned in the now nearly three-month-old war and only did so lightly in a lengthy interview with an Italian newspaper.

“I feel that before going to Kyiv, I must go to Moscow,” he told Corriere Della Sera in an interview that ran Tuesday. But the meeting would not exactly be to condemn Putin, based on what he told the paper. He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”

Never mind that the 85-year-old pontiff is unable to walk after tearing a ligament in his knee (for which he says he will soon have surgery), or that Putin won’t even answer his calls. Francis repeated comments he has made in general audiences and in other interviews that the war is nothing more than a giant opportunity for a “trade in arms” and that it is still ongoing because of the constant shuttling of weapons to Ukraine. He has spoken twice by phone to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, but mostly to urge him not to fight back. He also went to the Russian embassy to the Holy See days after the invasion began to “register his concerns” about what was happening.

“I don’t know how to answer - I’m too far a way - the question of whether it is right to supply the Ukrainians,” he told the paper. “The clear thing is that weapons are being tested there. The Russians now know that tanks are of little use and are thinking of other things. This is why wars are waged: to test the weapons we have produced. Few people are fighting this trade, but more should be done.”

Whether the Italian journalists didn’t ask or whether he didn’t answer there was no mention about what would happen if Ukrainians were not fiercely fighting back, whether it would mean a full annexation of the entire country, millions of deaths, or empowering an already insatiably power-hungry Putin.

Francis veered toward conspiracy theory as he blamed the international community for instigating the war.

“You cannot think that a free state can make war on another free state,” he said. “In Ukraine, it seems that it was others who created the conflict. I am pessimistic but we must do everything possible to stop the war.”

The pope then said that in a state visit to Rome by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, he was told “the Russians have a plan, that everything will end on May 9” without giving any further explanation. May 9 is the day Russia celebrates its liberation and the end of World War II.

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 9:52am On May 04, 2022
engrchykae:
only if you knew the extent to which pope John Paul Ii worked towards the dissolution of Soviet Union.
Putin is a secret service agent so I expect Putin to stay a good distance from the Pope.
After their embassies called for their release with no good response from ojukwu.
The Pope now called ojukwu and threatened that "his little dot will be wiped off the face of the Earth if he didn't release the 18 White men"
Do you know how long it took the Catholic church to address Jews after the Holocaust?

No one questions the fact that atrocities were committed in the past by the church. As a Catholic, I know of these because I made efforts to read from different angles and to have others perspectives of these events. But what I hate about this discuss is the way protestants and Muslims desperately hack back to these ATROCITIES (emphasis, mine!) and use these actions to malign, lampoon and lambast the church as if they're any inch better. Yes we had the crusades but we also had and are still having the jihads! What have you to say about that? Are you trying to say that the church is infinitesimally Evil because of certain dubious parts of her history? Or are you saying that religion as a whole is evil or...?

As a balck African, I need nobody to tell me that that the managers of the dominant world religions are not totally beholden to racial equality. I mean, how many blacks have been made popes or saints? It's the same in Islam..n But the realization of these facts have never and will never dampen my beliefs in the existent of a Super natural being because, let's face it, how we worship or behave is purely a human decision depending on how far we want to carry through with Gods instructions on these, but what is for the Gods is for the Gods. And by that I mean that we can never use the behavioral patterns of men to qualify the existence or not of God! Infact, the mere existence of man is enough proof of The existence of a God! How the Gods think is now the men think, even if men were created in God's own image.. Realizing this helps you function with a clear had most times.?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 9:52am On May 04, 2022
engrchykae:

No one questions the fact that atrocities were committed in the past by the church. As a Catholic, I know of these because I made efforts to read from different angles and to have others perspectives of these events. But what I hate about this discuss is the way protestants and Muslims desperately hack back to these ATROCITIES (emphasis, mine!) and use these actions to malign, lampoon and lambast the church as if they're any inch better. Yes we had the crusades but we also had and are still having the jihads! What have you to say about that? Are you trying to say that the church is infinitesimally Evil because of certain dubious parts of her history? Or are you saying that religion as a whole is evil or...?

As a balck African, I need nobody to tell me that that the managers of the dominant world religions are not totally beholden to racial equality. I mean, how many blacks have been made popes or saints? It's the same in Islam..n But the realization of these facts have never and will never dampen my beliefs in the existent of a Super natural being because, let's face it, how we worship or behave is purely a human decision depending on how far we want to carry through with Gods instructions on these, but what is for the Gods is for the Gods. And by that I mean that we can never use the behavioral patterns of men to qualify the existence or not of God! Infact, the mere existence of man is enough proof of The existence of a God! How the Gods think is now the men think, even if men were created in God's own image.. Realizing this helps you function with a clear had most times...

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by hahn(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

Only because you have never experienced one undecided
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Betscoreodds: 9:55am On May 04, 2022
Amayabor1:

Educate yourself first what foreign aids are.

The foreign aids that Nigeria have been getting from the US and other western countries, how much have we paid back?

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2022/04/28/congress-passes-bill-to-loan-us-military-equipment-to-ukraine-and-allies/

I don't like to abuse but try read.

Nothing is free from USA you will pay back once your successful. Go to school.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by sorepco(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2022
You might be correct but everyone is seeing how effective their weaponry is but Russiacase is the opposite as theirs is of no use. What an irony!
You start a war to test your weapons just to discover they do not work; your airforce mistakenly bombs your armies; your generals are useless and keep getting killed; your conscripts keep disobeying their superiors!
What a shame. A man regarded as the most powerful man in the world in January 2022 and by February is seen as pitiful...laughable ...and incompetent all due to his arrogance and lack of vision!

Thanksful:
I talk am. This war is for testing newly invented weapons from all the corners of the globe.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by kingamaa(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2022
The truth by the pope.

No country will allow another country set up military presence at her border.

Ukraine just allowed herself to be used as a scapegoat, a testing ground for weapons as a result of the naivety if it's president.

This war was certainly preventable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by engrchykae(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2022
Rugaria:

As a balck African, I need nobody to tell me that that the managers of the dominant world religions are not totally beholden to racial equality. I mean, how many blacks have been made popes or saints? It's the same in Islam..n But the realization of these facts have never and will never dampen my beliefs in the existent of a Super natural being because, let's face it, how we worship or behave is purely a human decision depending on how far we want to carry through with Gods instructions on these, but what is for the Gods is for the Gods. And by that I mean that we can never use the behavioral patterns of men to qualify the existence or not of God! Infact, the mere existence of man is enough proof of The existence of a God! How the Gods think is now the men think, even if men were created in God's own image.. Realizing this helps you function with a clear had most times.?
I am a Christian but I can't live in denial.
For any group to be bad or wicked is not something we take to heart.
But for an organized body like the Catholic church who have whole lot of libraries in the Vatican and whose criteria for climbing up the ladder is by studies and sheer focus and determination.
When they chose to be racists (white Jesus,black devil) murderous (inquisition),
My conclusion is there is no hope for the Catholic church because if they can study all those books and still he evil, there is no hope for them.
Am not talking about Islam, Islam isn't a religion, it's a political movement meant to check the West, Islam means submission.
They might claim it's submission to the will of Allah but in truth, it's submission to the will of the elites.
Saudi claims that non muslims are kafirs but Saudi is friends with USA and Israel.
I can go on and on

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Betscoreodds: 10:14am On May 04, 2022
sweetjohn:
Aids is a free money. It means "help" "assistance". It's not to be repaid. And that is what almighty USA has been giving to every countries including developed and underdeveloped countries. Including United Nations. No country can try such. USA is the country with the highest debt index why? Because they use it to fund the world. USA is like a father providing for the needs of his children (the world). USA is a gift from God to humanity to achieve their "America dream". People all over the world refer to America as a "land of opportunities".

In your mind it not free it a loan.

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Highman56: 10:17am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad
Mumu carry gun go borno
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by 2elliot: 10:24am On May 04, 2022
Kirkman:

*Peace and security*. You sabi wats up. I was waiting for someone to post this..
Sadly, a lot of people are still sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by wenogodie2: 10:51am On May 04, 2022
Contekbbc:
Are you saying you're wiser than the pope or what?
Please,just stay in your room and enjoy your Nickelodeon series!

If you and your pope can support Putin then you and your pope can equally support Hitler.

It clearly shows who's watching Nickelodeon among us
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by wenogodie2: 10:56am On May 04, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I was thinking you're making sense and then I saw your second comment, that's when I knew you're one of "the brainwashed".

Sorry to say, but you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this conflict

Ukraine never fired a bullet and Russia started bombarding and deliberately killing even civilian targets. You support this and claim to have your senses intact.

Tell me, had Ukraine joined NATO as at the time Russia started bombarding it?

Please tell me the folly you claim to know that I don't know.

Even if Ukraine joined NATO Russia has no moral right to attack a country that didn't attack it first.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by ofwest47(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2022
We do not want war , we are the advocate of the absolution of wars, but in other to get rid of guns we must take up guns.
"" Chairman Mao Tsesung""
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by sweetjohn(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:

In your mind it not free it a loan.
You don't have sense... Stop nenesense references and concentrate on your country dealings. All the aid received from the USA which one have Nigeria repaid. Loan and aid are different thing. If USA gives Nigeria money in the name of loan they will have to pay back bc it's a loan but if the money is in the name of aid is FREE.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TenQ: 11:24am On May 04, 2022
Rugaria:

Please Google "Viktor Yanukovich". . Do so with an open mind if you can..
That was a Ukrainian president from the Donbas region elected through a free and fair election. He was toppled through a NATO inspired uprising in Kyiv in Feb 2014, because he signed a general security, economic and political agreement with Russia on behalf of Ukraine that would have saved the region from any sort of misunderstanding with her neighbor and would have ensured better security and political guarantees across the borders of the two nations..

After his unconstitutional overthrow, Western aligned forces in Ukraine started a series of provocative anti Russia actions that culminated in the worsening of the crises in the Donbas region and the accentuation of pro NATO/EU narratives with the ultimate ain of weaning Eastern Ukraine of her Russian identity. That was howntens of thousands of ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine were massacred and the world kept quiet. Russia needed to act to stem the tide..

The rest is history....., And btw, President Viktor is still in exile in Russia. Chased away by a mob not by the electorates because he was duly elected ...
There was no proof that NATO inspired the exit of Viktor Yanukovich. He was obviously Pro-Russian at the expense of his own people. The people wanted closer ties with the EU because of trade (they can easily sell their produce in Europe rather than in Russia), but their president wanted a grant from Russia (which the people rejected).

The president was impeached by 328 of the 447 deputies in the parliament, they argued that Yanukovich abused his powers.

No where was NATO part of the equation sir.

Prior to the annexation of Cremia, More than a quarter of the Ukrainian army defected to Russia (I don't know anywhere that is done in the whole world) .

What is the problem of Russia when a country says they prefer doing trade with EU rather than them?

Since the issue was about
1. The people despising their dictatorial Russian puppet President
2. Economic ties with European Union
3. And has nothing to do with NATO
Why then did Russia annex Cremia?

How come the separatists in the Dombas region didn't agitate for separation until after Cremia was annexed? Was it NATO sponsoring them?

Did NATO cause the defection of more than a quarter of Ukrainian army to defect to Russia?
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Betscoreodds: 11:27am On May 04, 2022
sweetjohn:
You don't have sense... Stop nenesense references and concentrate on your country dealings. All the aid received from the USA which one have Nigeria repaid. Loan and aid are different thing. If USA gives Nigeria money in the name of loan they will have to pay back bc it's a loan but if the money is in the name of aid is FREE.
you are useless

And the Lend-Lease Act stated that they had to pay it back, 5 years after the war, spanning 10 years.Apr 4, 2019
https://www.reddit.com › comments
Did the Soviet-Union ever pay back the Western Allies for the Lend ...

You are useless true.... Bye

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by sweetjohn(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:
you are useless

And the Lend-Lease Act stated that they had to pay it back, 5 years after the war, spanning 10 years.Apr 4, 2019
https://www.reddit.com › comments
Did the Soviet-Union ever pay back the Western Allies for the Lend ...

You are useless true.... Bye
You see how useless and senseless you are... We are talking about US aid and you are mentioning west. I asked you again US have given aid to your country Nigeria many times even this year, Have you ever heard your government talking of paying back? USA is the world largest aid giver and they don't demand repayment. Get sense mumu. The aid given by the USA to Russia after WW2 was free. The aid given to Ukraine in this ongoing war is times two bigger than your country budget for last year and it's free.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TenQ: 11:41am On May 04, 2022
Morphinne:

Okay brother man and I appreciate this. Let’s argue like the intellects that we are.
I believe the screenshot below should answer your first question. A US-backed protesters toppled the then Ukrainian government (that’s a crime on its own) to install a new government that’s loyal to the West. This, to me, is enough reason to annex not just only Crimea but the whole Ukraine because it’s obvious that the West was up to something sinister right from when they started sponsoring protests in a sovereign country. So Putin is even too gentle and calm for my liking but that’s how a good diplomat should be. Crimea has always been pro-Russia and this have led to them being treated badly by the new Western-puppet government. The role the USA played then was tantamount to “coup” and I’m sure they would never allow Russia to play same role in any of US-allied states, I’m sure you would agree with me on that.
1. Let's go with your position that Ukraine (an independent Nation) is becoming too friendly with European Union because of Trade.
What is the business of Russia with that? Shouldn't they also make their business environment more friendly to Ukraine?

2. Let's assume US-backed protesters toppled the president of Benin Republic. What is the business of Nigeria seizing Coutonu their port city? Same way, if US-backed protesters are assumed to have removed the president of Ukraine (by the way, the president was removed by the parliament of Ukraine), why should Russia solve the problem by annexing Cremia?
If what Russia did was to restore the president to Ukraine, we may try to understand their move.

You see Russia had all the while needed either to annex the whole of Ukraine or plant a puppet president in Ukraine. I guess you agree with this?

Morphinne:

Now to your second question, a wise Zelensky (obviously not the comical one) should have respected the agreement made with the Russians federation to not accept or propose or promote the eastward encroachment policy of NATO. It is that simple. A wise Zelensky would have tried to learn why even the great NATO and the world captains, over the years, didn’t have the guts to say anything when Russia annexed the said Crimea. A wise Zelensky would have tried to know why no one had ever tried to get into direct conflict with both the defunct Soviet Union and the present-day Russia. You’re here challenging someone your supposed masters and role models dare not look in the eyes; someone your masters have always been fighting using proxies, it got to your turn, you faced him head on telling him you can’t be bullied. That’s about the greatest foolishness there is.
There’s obviously, at least, one reason why these strong names have been avoiding a direct military confrontation with this old devil. No US president had ever tried it in the past and none will. My brother, Pls don’t be a Zelensky!
A wise president would have sought a superior military alliance for protection and defence from the bully country. For ever, Russia will NOW respect Ukraine.
even if they win this war and annex half of Ukraine.

The European market is 60 times bigger than that of Russia,hence the people choosing EU rather than Russia. Russia had never treated Ukraine as a younger brother but as a conquered territory.

People like you think Russia is Holy and US is evil without reasoning that both want the same thing but their approach differs.
US conquers a nation by acting friendly to the nation
Russia conquers a nation by acting tough against the nation.

If I have to choose to be a slave between USA and Russia and I have no other option, I will choose USA!
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TenQ: 11:49am On May 04, 2022
Morphinne:

If that’s Putin’s aim as you just claimed, then a wise leader would have done everything possible to make sure he didn’t give Russia and Putin anything to justify their vile plans against his country. Forming alliance with my enemies and inviting them over to my borders is an act of war and enough justification/excuse to bomb your ass if I have the might even if that had been my plan right from onset. In a nutshell, a wise man (obviously you’re not) avoids anything that could give his stronger enemy justification to kill him. Zelensky should have been left in the circus doing what he knows how to do best because he obviously knows nothing about governance
And in the process, thousands of Russian soldiers have lost their lives over INFLUENCE on a country. Ukraine can at least say, Ukrainians died defending their nation. What reason the Putin sacrifice his Generals?

Zelensky has acted a a wise Leader who stood up to Ukraine s enemies rather than surrender like a goat. In history, Zelensky has done the impossible: he stood of to Russia who is 10 times bigger than Ukraine in every thing.

He won the first round (the battle for Kieve). A comedian giving Putin (an experienced Politician and warlord) a bloody nose!?
I salute Zelensky's courage and resilience.

Do you know that if Zelensky had fled Ukraine like a comedian, Putin would have been in charge of Ukraine by now!

Are you Saying that Zelensky should have fled Ukraine?
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Betscoreodds: 12:00pm On May 04, 2022
sweetjohn:
You see how useless and senseless you are... We are talking about US aid and you are mentioning west. I asked you again US have given aid to your country Nigeria many times even this year, Have you ever heard your government talking of paying back? USA is the world largest aid giver and they don't demand repayment. Get sense mumu. The aid given by the USA to Russia after WW2 was free. The aid given to Ukraine in this ongoing war is times two bigger than your country budget for last year and it's free.

You don't have sense.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by kayjay69(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2022
Is the pope aware that Estonia and Latvia, former USSR colonies, are also part of NATO however NATO have very limited number of troops there and they did not deploy any heavy artillery there for fear of reprisal by Russia.

Putin is in the wrong with this invasion of Ukraine. The talks of joining NATO and the EU were never going to happen because Ukraine has little to offer those organisations. Putin could have and should have waited out Zelensky and patiently seeked a political solution. This would have been the pragmatic approach, instead he felt it was best for the world to remember Russia as a military powerhouse and hence he chose this moment specifically to demonstrate such.

Unfortunately for him, his Intel was dead wrong. The west knew this would come and they had been convertly training Ukrainian forces in preparation for this. Putin has fallen into the trap the West set for him and he has no choice but to stay and fight. The more he does so, the more the sanctions will pile up and the ever more desperate he will become. He is sick so my guess is his frame of mind is "nothing to lose".

And for some clearly stupid people on here who don't understand what is going on, if Putin succeeds in Ukraine, he will come for Poland and other satellite USSR countries. If you keep thinking it cannot happen then clearly you do not understand the history of that part of the world.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by ZooOga: 12:02pm On May 04, 2022
dasparrow:
Say NO to war. This Russia - Ukraine war is so unnecessary.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is Jewish. The US is giving him billions which may be a money laundering scheme to send the proceeds to a little greedy apartheid country in the Middle East.

And don't forget, Putin is a devout Christian that prays and worships the Almighty. Zelensky has publicly said he is non-observant to his faith.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Micekly: 12:19pm On May 04, 2022
Guy you funny, is until war comes to door step you will realize what war mean
Whazar:
I love war like mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soleimani Killing: Iran Designates US Forces ‘Terrorists' / Israel's Iron Dome Intercepts Rockets From Gaza (Video) / Biden Vows Retaliation Over Kabul Attack, Says ISIL Affiliates Are Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.