Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? (2121 Views)

Security Guard Proposes To University Lecturer And She Said YES! (photos) / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University / Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2022
Please what is your advice to university freshers (new students)?
The dos and don'ts, "friends", movements, and everything needed to know!
And share your university experiences/stories if you have any.
Tell me, I'm all ears!
I just started school, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
Lalasticlala, please move this thread to the frontpage.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by virginprincess(f): 6:31pm On May 04, 2022
1) If you are a lady, pls&pls,stay away from boys,they are decievers,playboys&heartbreaks. 2) If you are a guy pls learn to choose your friends wisely,stay away from bad friends E.g clubbers,womanizers and unserious people. 3) Pls, take your books seriously,university is not a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by MikeofKd(m): 6:35pm On May 04, 2022
Be fun and focused
Try balancing your academics and social life
You can start skipping lectures when ur course load reduces but never skip lectures as a fresher
100 lvl is where your cgpa foundation begins
Try to make a first class for the first two semesters cus other level gon become tougher
So even if ur cgpa drops u won’t feel it dat much and u can get back on track better
Don’t stress yourself about women too much .theres plenty of time and plenty of them too ,just be valuable ,they would rush you when it’s time
Respect all ur lecturers and be punctual
Dress well ,smell good ,be neat and organized ,mind ur business it saves a lot.
Be closer to God
Don’t join bad gang ,be ur own bad gang
There’s much but these ones would do
Good luck

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Pk01(m): 6:35pm On May 04, 2022
Stay away from women and read ur books.. I follow women and regretting it till now.. Read Read, and come out with flying colours..

Just they managed my 2.2 dey go

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by helinues: 6:36pm On May 04, 2022
No matter the temptation, zero your mind from joining any cult group. Cultists are liable to be attacked anytime.

Avoid wearing any colour combination of any of the cult group in your school, na trespassing beating.

Association this, group that are always distraction to studies.

Limitate your friends, don't hang out with those you don't really know their movement.

Acting like a ghost in and outside campus could help you stay out of unnecessary trouble
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 6:40pm On May 04, 2022
MikeofKd:
Be fun and focused
Try balancing your academics and social life
You can start skipping lectures when ur course load reduces but never skip lectures as a fresher
100 lvl is where your cgpa foundation begins
Try to make a first class for the first two semesters cus other level gon become tougher
So even if ur cgpa drops u won’t feel it dat much and u can get back on track better
Don’t stress yourself about women too much .theres plenty of time and plenty of them too ,just be valuable ,they would rush you when it’s time
Respect all ur lecturers and be punctual
Dress well ,smell good ,be neat and organized ,mind ur business it saves a lot.
Be closer to God
Don’t join bad gang ,be ur own bad gang
There’s much but these ones would do
Good luck
Wow! Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate this advice.

About "friends", share your opinions please.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by slawormiir: 6:41pm On May 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Nor dey too jack( read)

School is not all about jacking

Read small...smoke your weed, go out with friends and drink the beer....

Knack them baby girls...the faculty way their girls dey easy to toast and Knack na engineering....
Time for exam..try go night class small to jack....
Course way you nor write well.....then go block the lecturer...if you nor get money for blocking...then do expo...book way nor green enter head go enter exam hall

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Agricmoney(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2022
have fun, learn a handwork during strike and breaks, the then give all your best to your studies and set a high standard and strive to be among the top.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 6:43pm On May 04, 2022
helinues:
No matter the temptation, zero your mind from joining any cult group. Cultists are liable to be attacked anytime.

Avoid wearing any colour combination of any of the court group in your school, na trespassing beating.

Association this, group that are always distraction to studies.

Limitate your friends, don't hang out with those you don't really know their movement.

Acting like a ghost in and outside campus could help you stay out of unnecessary trouble
Thank you so much for this advice, Sir.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:43pm On May 04, 2022
Focus on your studies and graduate with 2.1@least! But by 400L, quickly get one babe and bang pussy b4 you leave!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Deicide: 9:20pm On May 04, 2022
Take your 100L seriously
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Sergio104(m): 9:24pm On May 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Nor dey too jack( read)

School is not all about jacking

Read small...smoke your weed, go out with friends and drink the beer....

Knack them baby girls...the faculty way their girls dey easy to toast and Knack na engineering....
Time for exam..try go night class small to jack....
Course way you nor write well.....then go block the lecturer...if you nor get money for blocking...then do expo...book way nor green enter head go enter exam hall

Please @op...... don't listen to this guy oh.

His craziness is on another level

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 1:28pm On May 05, 2022
Sergio104:

Please @op...... don't listen to this guy oh.

His craziness is on another level
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 05, 2022
MAKE SURE YOU START WELL, YOUR 100 LEVEL CGPA MATTERS ALOT smiley
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Ballzproblemm: 2:44pm On May 05, 2022
try get skills as you dey school, certificate should be your plan B
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by tayewomi(m): 2:56pm On May 05, 2022
I'm also a uni fresher since 2020 due to covid-19 and ASUU strike..My experience so far and advice-You can make use of YouTube videos and Meet your senior in higher level to explain things to you,that's what is helping me in my courses and make sure you enjoy urself
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by zexy2030(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2022
T0T0fucker:
Help this guy with pics attached raped my little sister, he's on the run....any info about him will be appreciated.
Cc
formular760
Slve
Atom
Ac
Take the matter to the police.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by seunak2016: 8:06pm On May 05, 2022
mind the way you dress otherwise you will be approached by cultist to be a member
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2022
seunak2016:
mind the way you dress otherwise you will be approached by cultist to be a member
Okay, sir.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Nazgul: 8:42pm On May 06, 2022
OfMay:
Please what is your advice to university freshers (new students)?
The dos and don'ts, "friends", movements, and everything needed to know!
And share your university experiences/stories if you have any.
Tell me, I'm all ears!
I just started school, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
Lalasticlala, please move this thread to the frontpage.
1. Be focused. One of the reasons why most people spend 8 years for a 4 year course is because they loose focus. Learn to cultivate the habit of reading, stay away from social media and focus on your books.

The university environment is a place that houses the good the bad and the ugly, if you forget why you're there, you would get lost in the pool.

2. Mind the company you keep. Whether you're a guy or girl, the friends you make in your first year would determine if you'll graduate with your mates, drop out or worse die along the way.

3. Draw close to God. I was a member of NIFES back then in school and I must confess that my joining them wasn't a waste. I joined them during my year one clearance and they really helped me so much.

There where seniors in my department who were in the fellowship who helped me with course handouts, past questions, tutorials... etc. I even ate free meals in their houses and had the opportunity of using my time on campus to serve God.

4. Avoid bars and clubs within the school environment. As a fresher if you're the type that clubs and drink regularly, chances are you would be initiated into a campus secret cult sooner or later. And I don't need to tell you that you'll most likely end up dead, jailed, maimed or constantly on the run for the rest of your life on campus.

5. Avoid girls. Many young guys have lost their lives on campus because of girls, many have been robbed, beaten, and even failed severally by lecturers because of girls. If you want to go far as a student stay away from them and focus on why you're in school.

6. Be Prudent with your money. Your parents struggled to send you to school, manage whatever little they can afford to give to you, buy what you need and stay away from things that would make you spend money unnecessarily like betting and women.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by OfMay(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2022
Nazgul:

1. Be focused. One of the reasons why most people spend 8 years for a 4 year course is because they loose focus. Learn to cultivate the habit of reading, stay away from social media and focus on your books.

The university environment is a place that houses the good the bad and the ugly, if you forget why you're there, you would get lost in the pool.

2. Mind the company you keep. Whether you're a guy or girl, the friends you make in your first year would determine if you'll graduate with your mates, drop out or worse die along the way.

3. Draw close to God. I was a member of NIFES back then in school and I must confess that my joining them wasn't a waste. I joined them during my year one clearance and they really helped me so much.

There where seniors in my department who were in the fellowship who helped me with course handouts, past questions, tutorials... etc. I even ate free meals in their houses and had the opportunity of using my time on campus to serve God.

4. Avoid bars and clubs within the school environment. As a fresher if you're the type that clubs and drink regularly, chances are you would be initiated into a campus secret cult sooner or later. And I don't need to tell you that you'll most likely end up dead, jailed, maimed or constantly on the run for the rest of your life on campus.

5. Avoid girls. Many young guys have lost their lives on campus because of girls, many have been robbed, beaten, and even failed severally by lecturers because of girls. If you want to go far as a student stay away from them and focus on why you're in school.

6. Be Prudent with your money. Your parents struggled to send you to school, manage whatever little they can afford to give to you, buy what you need and stay away from things that would make you spend money unnecessarily like betting and women.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for this advice, Sir!
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 06, 2022
virginprincess:
1) If you are a lady, pls&pls,stay away from boys,they are decievers,playboys&heartbreaks. 2) If you are a guy pls learn to choose your friends wisely,stay away from bad friends E.g clubbers,womanizers and unserious people. 3) Pls, take your books seriously,university is not a child's play.

Good advice. If not you will end up like this as a lady. grin

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Elonmusk1: 9:34pm On May 06, 2022
T0T0fucker:
Help this guy with pics attached raped my little sister, he's on the run....any info about him will be appreciated.
Cc
formular760
Slve
Atom
Ac
alright,so we are now the cops,drop your evidence and before morning we will investigate the matter.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by missimelda01(f): 10:39pm On May 06, 2022
1. Get rid of the mindset that ‘school is scam’ cos it's not.

2. Keep an open mind and get educated in other areas aside what you're studying e.g networking, leadership and the rest, these things will help you within and outside the school walls.

3. Make quality friendships

4. Engage in extracurricular activities to keep busy (e.g taekwondo, chess e.t.c and if you're a Christian, consider joining a good youth fellowship where you can serve)...an idle mind is the devil’s workshop

5. Have fun while learning, life becomes more serious when you leave university.

6. Most importantly, know God. I didn't say forget your books and carry pastor on your head, I mean study the word of God and learn important values.

Good luck

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by formular760: 12:45am On May 07, 2022
Elonmusk1:
alright,so we are now the cops,drop your evidence and before morning we will investigate the matter.

Preety sure he’s clout chasing and has no evidence
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 4:23am On May 07, 2022
The female ones should try not to overuse their toto so that it will still be tight by the time they finish school roughly 4 or 5 years later grin
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by formular760: 5:31am On May 07, 2022
T0T0fucker:
Cc
formular760
Slve
Atom
Ac

Obinnau
Divepen1
Nairalandpolicewoman
Seun

Rule 7 and 8

I don’t know this guy

Defamation of character please look into this

His other spammy monkiers are kingog kingogwarriboy totofucker Barrister026
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by formular760: 5:35am On May 07, 2022
Elonmusk1:

The dude is defaming my character because they closed his thread

I have never met him in my life and he has no evidences.

Here are is monkiers incase

Kingog
Totofucker
Barrister026
Kingogwarriboi

Defamation of character he’s beennon this because of this same act. He goes around defaming people on nairaland check his username.

Seun
Lalasticlala

Rule 7 and 8

Please kindly look into this psyco
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Elonmusk1: 11:10am On May 07, 2022
formular760:

The dude is defaming my character because they closed his thread

I have never met him in my life and he has no evidences.

Here are is monkiers incase

Kingog
Totofucker
Barrister026
Kingogwarriboi

Defamation of character he’s beennon this because of this same act. He goes around defaming people on nairaland check his username.

Seun
Lalasticlala

Rule 7 and 8

Please kindly look into this psyco
yes,I Know that,no body in his right senses will post such a thing.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Elonmusk1: 11:10am On May 07, 2022
formular760:

Preety sure he’s clout chasing and has no evidence
I Know that,he needs medical attention.
Re: Please What Is Your Advice To University Freshers? by Jmichael1(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2022
School nah scam bt the result is very vital...
don't 4get to learn bombing bcus its important....
above all,always remeber were u cuming 4rm and were u heading to....

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do In This Case Women / Do I Still Wait For Her? / My Girl Talks About Marriage Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.