Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,344 members, 7,954,399 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? (20018 Views)

Poll: CAN YOU MARRY A S GENOTYPE IF YOU ARE A S?

YES WE MIGHT BE LUCKY: 24% (32 votes)
NO CANNOT TAKE THE RISK: 75% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 12, 2011
Sure. . .  i Would definitely marry her wink wink
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by fuke(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2011
Why are these people bringing football to this serious matter.

I would like a fellow to read this. Can somebody tell me how to get the URL to send to him.

@poster. The answer is NO, and No and No
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by mkpologwu(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2011
I marry her if she has fat account! We can buy more 'A' frm the poor and throw away the 'S' if no body gree collect am.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by hugooh42(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2011
What is the girl is SS and you are AA?I guess that will be ok, because there is no possibility of having SS children.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Bialegend(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2011
Ok, have any person in here considered advising this guy on depending on Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or (Amniocentesis) tests to determine the genotype of their yet unborn baby and then follow up with the decision of aborting or not? I think there are few hospitals in Nigeria that carries out this tests, though it's quite expensive for the ordinary folks.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by beautynig: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2011
Hey, Are you SINGLE and ready to mingle?take a tour of our page @ http://www.facebook.com/house4​5.tv Join other singles and married as we talk about dating/sex/relationship/marriage. Visit www.house45.tv to learn more
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2011
Jezzz!! Who were those folks dat voted 'YES'? @OP, the answer 2 ur question is a big capital 'NO'.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by kpolli(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2011
sexkillz (just realized wat ur user name stands for),

ur neighbor had 2 AAs n he wasn't satisfied with that?

poster, my advise. . . . its worth the risk but immediately u have a pikin or 2  that r not SS, stop borning
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2011
El Guapo:

Sure. . .  i Would definitely marry her wink wink
Same here afterall our grannies didnt even know how all these stuff during their days.Though i'm homozgyous AA so i can correct any problem a lady has with her genome.Who's going marry all the SS ladies if y'all avoiding them ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by sley4life(m): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2011
depends on the kind of woman. if she is averagely rich i wont take the risk. But if she is Beyonce, y not. I'll marry d damn woman but we shall adopt kids
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2011
^^Medically risky!!!^^

AS+SS= DAMAGING TO SOME LARGE EXTENT
SS+SS=DISASTER!

Take note that IN MEDICINE, MIRACLES HAPPEN DAILY, BUT THE RISKING REALLY ISNT WORTH IT

Except ADOPTION WOULD COME IN DUE TO LOVE!

Be safe!! Be compatible
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by ProfJYK(m): 9:50am On Jul 12, 2011
it felt funny when at the begining of our relationship, girlfie asked about genotype, but badt sharp guy like me didnt think beyond relationship, seeing how far we've come, methinks it should be added just three lines after hello and declaration of status(single, in a rel. or complicated,,,, before the real "status" or the other way round)

standard scoping/wooing/chyking modus operandi. wink
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by aquita(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2011
@ poster, it is not advisable for two lovers whose genotypes are both AS to marry because they MAY end up having sicklers as children. But then, through prayer and fasting, God can change their genotypes from AS to AA. Is there anything too hard for my God to do? NO.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2011
kpolli:

your neighbor had 2 AAs n he wasn't satisfied with that?

poster, my advise. . . . its worth the risk but immediately u have a pikin or 2  that r not SS, stop borning

Well I guess he Caught the Nigerian Flu!. . . . He needed Males! It's not worth the risk. No Matter what you say! I cant look at their sad faces every time i see them, and say they were happy to take the risk to LOSE FIVE CHILDREN! I mean, C'mon! What kinda love is that, that will jeopardize my future happiness? Make Thunder Fire the Love Jare! Or Do you really think you'll be forever young? What if in the process of Risking, AA no come ya way, wetin you go do? undecided  The funny thing was that at first, when the children started dying, they were blaming Witches, out of Ignorance! To cut this Blabbing Short, BEFORE YOU GET SERIOUS AS TO MARRY ANY ONE, GO GET YOUR GENOTYPE! Dont Allow Love to blind you to this HARD COLD FACT! IGNORANCE IS NO DEFENSE! LOVE IS NO DEFENSE! SS GENOTYPE, NA BAD THING! smiley
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2011
aquita:

@ poster, it is not advisable for two lovers whose genotypes are both AS to marry because they MAY end up having sicklers as children. But then, through prayer and fasting, God can change their genotypes from AS to AA. Is there anything too hard for my God to do? NO.

I disagree with this Statement POINT BLANK! Not that i dont believe all is possible with God! But Truly i say to you, This is another form of IGNORANCE! I have Experienced it First hand on 3 Different Occasions! After all prayers nothing happened! Does that Mean they were not prayerful Enough? undecided No! Just that some things like Genotype Cant Be changed!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by kpolli(m): 10:03am On Jul 12, 2011
u know the stinking thing about love,

2 of u wud decide to separate, marry diff ppl. . . . . then yrs along the line u meet n start cheating then come to NL to complain,

ur neighbor knew his condition n he was still trying for a male. . . hope he is happy now
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2011
^^Oga SEX-SKILLS cool that may be correct, it has to do with percentage, shud the 25% expected to be SS come in last during child birth and the couple say have 3 alrready AA AND AS's then stop there, the SS wont be there, it is GOD WHO DOES THE MEDICAL MIRACLES AND PERMUTATION!
But the risk isnt worth it as the first child mat be the Sickler
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by beautynig: 10:06am On Jul 12, 2011
Hey, Are you SINGLE and ready to mingle?take a tour of our page @ http://www.facebook.com/house4​5.tv Join other singles and married as we talk about dating/sex/relationship/marriage.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Emmyk(m): 10:07am On Jul 12, 2011
Well me, I can take anybody on cos I'm AA, but i can advice d  AS marrying AS That Sometimes, miracles change it to AA. Seen some,
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2011
READ MY POST ABOVE ITS GODS OWN PERMUTATION AND ORDINATION!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Xfactoria: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2011
@ Poster:

First and foremost, the AS/AS chances of having SS is unfortunately overrated. It is as everyone knows, a 25% chance but unfortunately, people talk about it as if it is the most likely probability of 75%.

My advice to anyone about to make a decision in an AS/AS relationship is to seek God's direction. If God is in it, believe me, you will never come by any SS child. God's ways are not our ways. The people involved should pray and if possible enjoin other spirit-filled friends/pastors to pray with them for direction.

My sister in-law and her husband are both AS and they have three kids: 2 AS and one AA and they never had any CVS nor abortion. In fact, the man has always thought he is AA until he took the test in his own laboratory only to find out that he is AS after 2 children.

If I were in this situation and the lady has everything I want and the only problem is that we are both AS, I will take the risk and hope for the best. Marriage is not all about children.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by aquita(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2011
@ sexkillz, I still maintain that with God, all things (including medical miracles) are possible. If prayers can heal cancer patients and HIV patients, genotype issue is a small matter in comparism.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2011
Da Doctor:

READ MY POST ABOVE ITS GODS OWN PERMUTATION AND ORDINATION!

Sorry, Are You really a Doctor? undecided This statement Justs Beats the Poo Outta Me! You mentioned Permutation? If You have Seen in Nigeria, Where a Couple Gives Birth To a Caucasian Kid Just Because they Prayed to God For it, Then May be i'll Believe that GIBBERISH!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by emenim(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2011
well being ignorant of it as a result of love is more excusable, than you knowing the implication of genotype incompatibility and you still go ahead with the marriage, am very sure their children will never forgive them for that.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2011
aquita:

@ sexkillz, I still maintain that with God, all things (including medical miracles) are possible. If prayers can heal cancer patients and HIV patients, genotype issue is a small matter in comparism.

I am a very Religious Person and a Very Stark Believer of GOD! I can Defend him with the Very last drop of blood i have in Me! But u'll need to provide Strong Medical proof and Medical Records of the Said Persons you were talking about, and not basing your statements on mere hear-say or because it was someone's testimony in Church! I've seen enough Lies in My Young Life!

Show me proofs! Everything I have commented on Earlier i was there and saw with my Eyes,. . . WERE YOU THERE? undecided
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2011
Da Doctor:

^^Oga SEX-SKILLS cool that may be correct, it has to do with percentage, shud the 25% expected to be SS come in last during child birth and the couple say have 3 alrready AA AND AS's then stop there, the SS wont be there,

It would be Quite Interesting, as a Doctor if you can Kindly Shed more light on these calculations. And also teach us how to do our own Calculations, so that we Would STOP BREAKING OUR HEADS AS TO THIS GENOTYPE ISSUE! If you can do so, i would personally be happy! I had to terminate a relationship because of this! Dont say What you can not PROVE!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by oluite(f): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2011
I cant do that any child.I have seen first hand the horrible pain sickler's suffer during crisis,drugs only help make it a kind of manageable pain,
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by joyceereal(f): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2011
All things are possible through Christ, since it is 25% to have SS then by miracle it can be 0% that is; not even having any at all, for God sake our parent don't even know what all this stuff is called back then in those days and they have 10-12 children without any problem. Yes it can be risked
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Bialegend(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2011
Ok again, (posted earlier above) have any person in here considered advising this guy on depending on Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or (Amniocentesis) tests to determine the genotype of their yet unborn baby and then follow up with the decision of aborting or not? I think there are few hospitals in Nigeria that carries out this tests, though it's quite expensive for the ordinary folks.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by helphelp: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2011
Wow, I just stepped out of a 10yr relationship, although we knew about the genotype steez some 5years back, but had no cogent reason then to back out. But now that she's not getting any younger, we decide to let go. We are still very good friends.

We just figured we rather have good memories of our togetherness in 10years, than jeopardize it with sick kids, if we have to live together for say between 50 - 70years, God spare our lives.

Trust me, I thought i wld break down, after we let go, BUT, I HAVE MOVED ON, All na Time, !
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by jodeci(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2011
The 25% probability is for every pregnancy and it is VERY likely that the 25% will be more re-occuring for every pregnancy.It is Best NOT to marry her.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 11:01am On Jul 12, 2011
@sexkillz,
Biologically when two AS marry it is expected that they have a healthy carrier, a pure breed and a sickler in the ratio 50-25-25. Are u ok with this!
Now practically shud they have 4 kids and we go by the above it becomes 2-1-1
Now again, we can not tell how the outcome would be but the permutation done by the almighty can do that.HOPE THIS IS CLEARER NOW!
I have had stubborn couples depend on God miracle and after their first two children which were not sickler they locked up and went rejoicing that the Sickler didnt come up first. Hope this make the horizon brightest sir!!! smiley

Miracles abound in medicine but we dont advice yopu take a trial cos luck may run out on you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Guys Cannot Suck Puszy But Want U To Suck Their Diik / Love In Ebira/igbira Language / Since I Met Her, I 've Been Having Bad Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.