Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? (19919 Views)

Poll: CAN YOU MARRY A S GENOTYPE IF YOU ARE A S?

YES WE MIGHT BE LUCKY: 24% (32 votes)
NO CANNOT TAKE THE RISK: 75% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by akanbiaa(m): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2011
she is your dream girl,everything you want in a girl she possesses character wise and other wise,but just one problem your genotype is a s hers to is a s,she loves you even more than you love her,so can you take the risk knowing you might give birth to a sickler or sicklers in the future?answer in urgently needed to help a couple that is currently facing this challenge.thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by akanbiaa(m): 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2011
Just to remind you that you can change your votes if you have reasons to,and before you vote know that finding true love is very hard to come by and it might be your only chance and also know what it takes to bring up a sickler if based on the normal A S And A S calculation brings one S S.i.e One A A one A S and possibly one S S.Thanks for taking your time to critically analyze it.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2011
Pls No. Dont! No MATTER how Much you LOVE each Other! I'm not giving any reason not More than My Neighbor Buried the fifth Child that Died as a result of the SS Genotype, Just last Week! He Had Kids, 5 are dead, and of the remaining 3, 2 are girls(AA) the last boy is also a carrier(SS)! Dont be selfish! Think of those innocent unborn children Before you make your decision!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Saheed9: 3:31am On Jul 12, 2011
I just let go a girl that i love so much, knowing that we are both AS. How i wish i could marry her but its very risky. I think u should follow suit or do u want 2 have unpresentable children.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by thegeorgy(f): 3:41am On Jul 12, 2011
Hell no, because by the time the kids start having crisis that love will disappear oooo.lol
i'll neva risk the life of my unborn children for a selfish desire.God forbid.health is wealth!

1 Like

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by hassymo5(m): 4:18am On Jul 12, 2011
@poster
what do you mean by incompatible
if she is AS and im AA will marry her
if she is AS and im AS, will think very well because ss can be part of our lives.
If she is AA and im AS, no problem.
If she is ss and im AS, serious wahala
if she is AA and im AA, wonderful.
If we are both SS, no marriage.
So poster it depends!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 12, 2011
hassymo5:

@poster
if she is AS and im AS, will think very well because ss can be part of our lives.

Nice one, hassymo5!

And wherever we both have an s, i don't have to think twice. i'll certainly not risk marrying her.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by livin: 4:40am On Jul 12, 2011
well, i guess we have ask everyone what their genotype is b4 we date.
Can u imagine.

''Hey, how r u? I'd like to know u. What's your genotype?''

or is it

''let's go out 1st, and when we fall in love if our genotypes r not compatible we break up. what do u say?''
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:19am On Jul 12, 2011
Man that's hard. undecided You know you can marry her and not have kids?

Adoption.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by dayokanu(m): 5:22am On Jul 12, 2011
Marry for what?
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:24am On Jul 12, 2011
^haha love?
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 5:34am On Jul 12, 2011
Is it not one in four chances? I think the risks is 25% chance of having a sickle cell baby.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:35am On Jul 12, 2011
^I'm curious would you risk it?
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 5:39am On Jul 12, 2011
It would break my poor heart, but I wouldn't risk it. I wouldn't want my baby to be born with something I could have avoided.  sad sad sad

Would you?
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:42am On Jul 12, 2011
Yea, and if the child died sad that would be a nightmare.

OP: don't do it!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:46am On Jul 12, 2011
Man this stuff is so deep. . . I thought this was the romance section undecided

anyway cya.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2011
Holy shiiiit african1 I read your post again and I didn't see the last part!

I bet u thought was was a monster lol!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2011
^^^ Don't be sad. Think of candy and your favorite football team winning the superbowl. That always makes  me happy. Lol
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 5:55am On Jul 12, 2011
pleep:

Holy shiiiit african1 I read your post again and I didn't see the last part!

I bet u thought was was a monster lol!

No! I just assumed you got sad. hence football and candy lol
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Iyinmi: 5:56am On Jul 12, 2011
Dear Nairaland blog users, loving is Godly but not at taking a well known risk that will not help the future!Once i am aware of this same genotype thing, i will back out with wisdom with explanation,
Straight to the point, my answer is NO.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 5:59am On Jul 12, 2011
african1:

^^^ Don't be sad. Think of candy and your favorite football team winning the superbowl. That always makes  me happy. Lol
Lol I hate football sad
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 6:04am On Jul 12, 2011
pleep:

Lol I hate football sad

Oh my God! You didn't just say that? Why? football is the best sport in the world. HOW can you not like it? sad
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by samoks(m): 6:05am On Jul 12, 2011
hassymo5:

@poster

My friend stop all these grammar,  The answer to the POST above is NO,  simple.
It does not depend on anything.

african1:

Is it not one in  four chances? I think the risks is 25% chance of having a sickle cell baby.

OK,  i don hear YOU,  Only a trial will convince you,

sexkillz:

Pls No. Dont! No MATTER how Much you LOVE each Other! I'm not giving any reason not More than My Neighbor Buried the fifth Child that Died as a result of the SS Genotype, Just last Week! He Had Kids, 5 are dead, and of the remaining 3, 2 are girls(AA) the last boy is also a carrier(SS)! Dont be selfish! Think of those innocent unborn children Before you make your decision!

Thank you very much for this insight, The answer is total NO
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 6:08am On Jul 12, 2011
african1:

Oh my God! You didn't just say that? Why? football is the best sport in the world. HOW can you not like it? sad
I tried! But I don't have cable so I couldn't keep up with the games. Besides soccer is the real football tongue

Anyway, I never answered your question. I would probably have to marry her, I would have to adopt a kid though.
After passing up "the love of your life" everything else would seem like settling. IMO

@op: adopt! grin
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by samoks(m): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2011
The answer again is NO, Genotype supersedes love, no amount of love can over come it
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by african1(f): 6:14am On Jul 12, 2011
pleep:

I tried! But I don't have cable so I couldn't keep up with the games. Besides soccer is the real football tongue

Anyway, I never answered your question. I would probably have to marry her, I would have to adopt a kid though.
After passing up "the love of your life" everything else would seem like settling. IMO

@op: adopt! grin
I am a sports nut, he he Football is awesome, soccer is lame end of confo! mostly cause I feel we shouldn't talking about sports in this section. tongue

I know Adoption is really great, but wouldn't you want to have a baby of your own at some point?
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by pleep(m): 6:23am On Jul 12, 2011
^ your right, let's not derail this topic too bad.  wink

Yea I would, there's the problem I guess, it would be cool to have a mini-me.  undecided
and who knows what if you adopt a sociopath. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Gbenge77(m): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2011
No way.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by akanbiaa(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2011
thanks for your contributions i think the conclusion is that
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by ginger2: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2011
I have this girl i met since 2006. she was in SS3 then and still a virgin. we both are AS and it took me a year to find out and another year to let her know that i am also an AS. she never stopped crying over it and always post stuffs like God please change my blood on fb. all my family know her and her family know me. the only person that know about this AS problem between us is my elderly brother who is a DR. I asked him if it is possible to marry her but advised me to consider the consequences and tell her the truth. We are still together and happy together even as she pretends as if nothing is wrong and hopping that a miracle will happen one day. but right inside me, i know i wont risk it. i cant stand watching any of my child die before me. no one can tell if the SS child will be the first born or second. i feel so sad about it and we have both cried about it so many times but i still cant risk it.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by ssjalo(m): 8:13am On Jul 12, 2011
My dear it's totally not easy for you continues thinking what it may happen in the future,but it depend on your genotype to me it's possible to marry such a lovely lady of my choice,because to God every things is possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Young And Making It - Photos / #Girlstalk: How Do You Know If A Particular Toaster Is Serious About You? / "My Hottest Sexual Experience Ever" - Shared By Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.