Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. (46745 Views)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / COVID-19: Which Professions Earn More Money During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Hartugrin27(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their jobs is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risk.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
5. Painters, to climb building paint no be Bobo
6. Electricians(Nepa men) and those who wire houses
7. Electronics electricians
8. Shoe cobblers. As simple as u may think the job is, it involves strenght and skills. It is not as easy as u may think
9. Tailoring
10. Food vendors(it's not easy to wake up as early as 4am everyday to cook and sell etc.
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Pls, help the thread.

What of mechanic,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2022
Hartugrin27:

What of mechanic,
Mechanic follow.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Cashio(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2022
Started from the bottom, now we are halfway to the top....
Terrible thing about these labour intensive jobs is that they earn just so little to barely cater for themselves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Spy360(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their jobs is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risk.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
8. Shoe cobblers. As simple as u may think the job is, it involves strenght and skills. It is not as easy as u may think
9. Tailoring
10. Food vendors(it's not easy to wake up as early as 4am everyday to cook and sell etc.
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Pls, help the thread.
Working hard is lazy, working smart is diligence. Working smart has better rewards.

Why would I want to be a bricklayer when I am not playing brick game. undecided
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 11:36am On May 06, 2022
Spy360:

Working hard is lazy, working smart is diligence. Working smart has better rewards.

If there are no bricklayers, who will build houses for people? There are people who love the job and are strong for the job. Sometimes, i wish i have the kind of strenght they have for the job. There is money in the job if u really know ur job. Apart from being self employed, construction companies and other companies do employ them. If u are a pro in the job, and a construction company employs u, ur pay would be higher and u wouldn't need to stress urself much because laborers would be deployed to u to fetch water for u, carry sand for u etc. While u would mostly just to direct and instruct them, and do less work.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Spy360(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
If there are no bricklayers, who will build houses for people? There are people who love the job and are strong for the job. Sometimes, i wish i have the kind of strenght they have for the job. There is money in the job if u really know ur job. Apart from being self employed, construction companies and other companies do employ them. If u are a pro in the job, and a construction company employs u, ur pay would be higher and u wouldn't need to stress urself much because laborers would be deployed to u to fetch water for u, carry sand for u etc. While u would mostly just to direct and instruct them, and do less work.
All you have said is great and actually buttresses my point especially the bolded. It means working smart.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Plugsk(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
I agree with you. Moreover, they do it to make life easy for their loved ones not all these doctors, engineers, lawyers and the rest, working to be known or seen. Thereby, ignoring the essence of being educated.
Truvelisback:
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Angelfrost(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
Ulunne777:
Hostel Cleaners in Nig tertiary institutions

Now, that is a job only truly courageous and strong people can do! cry

Seriously tho, we need to pay these skilled hardworking people better!

Some people can afford to dash hoes hundreds of thousands of Naira, but to drop ordinary 1k extra to laborers is too much for them!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
Our today's youth should shim yahoo yahoo and imbibe the beauty of hard work smarkwork to earn honest living with peace of mind.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by ufotty2001: 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring
How they coup with their family supprised me alot
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by adecz: 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
Well, in order to earn a living in
this world of ours, there are two options

⏩You train your brain

⏩or train your body.

Artisan use their bodies to earn
their wages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Perfecttouchade: 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring
construction works no be beans..as an aluminium fabrication, it takes alot hardwork to get things done then also go to site to install, I made a fabrication of 103 windows to Ibadan from my base in Lagos and we were under time frame and we must meet up which we did and thanks to our kind client who was always ready for us..may we all be blessed as we struggle through the hike in material prices..e no easy o ,anyone in need of our service can reach out to us.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by samiabigail: 12:46pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring
printing press operator unko

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2022
Angelfrost:

Now, that is a job only truly courageous and strong people can do! cry

Seriously tho, we need to pay these skilled hardworking people better!

Some people can afford to dash hoes hundreds of thousands of Naira, but to drop ordinary 1k extra to laborers is too much for them!
Now, most of dem don wise up. Shoe cobblers, carpenters, bricklayers and others no dey take Kobo, kobo again ooo. Buhari govt don open their eye.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Nikeruka(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2022
Axis313:

My dearest brother,make I no lie to you,that bricklayer labour work is a life-shortener,if there is anything like that,the first day I did that job,I nearly died,no break,from around 7am,except you want to go and eat,and the wicked sun no even pity me at all,from mixing of cement,sand and water(I nearly died doing that task),to carrying blocks,to serving the mortars to the bricklayers,omo that day ehn,no rest at all.
Half of my pay were used to buy medicine,thank God my home is not far from the site,I don't even know whether I crawled home or trekked.
I just dey manage that job,but when God's grace entered my life,that job became a thing of the past.
It's not easy,I really respect those doing that job.
You no lie my brother...I did it when I needed money to obtain jamb form that year óoo....just tell me how I no go pass

4 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Angelfrost(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Now, most of dem don wise up. Shoe cobblers, carpenters, bricklayers and others no dey take Kobo, kobo again ooo. Buhari govt don open their eye.

Good for them... They should step up their standards and fees abeg.

Nigerians too dey take them for granted!

We don't value legit, hardworking people!

6 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Benresmy(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring

what abt medical doctor's...... who specialize in surgery?......

is not easy operating on a human being body...
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Kamalex2: 12:52pm On May 06, 2022
What about phone engineer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:52pm On May 06, 2022
WHEN YOU DO GOODWORKS YOU ENJOY IN PRACE FOR LIFE.THOSE WHO WORK HARD FOR THEIR RCHES DONT FLAUNT MONIES ON INTERNET.CHECK OUT DANGOTE,BAYO OGUNLESI,BILL GATES ETC.THEY DONT MISBEHAVE LIKE YAHOO BOYZ OR RITUALIST ON NOLLYWOOD ETC. undecidedTODAY'S YOUTH RETRACE YOUR STEPS AND DO GOOD WORKS IN YOUR OWN INTERESTs and make your generation proud or What do you want to be remembered for when you live this earth, a legendary leader or notorious criminal ?
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by 07kjb: 12:52pm On May 06, 2022
Remove alluminum there that handwork has been bastardised
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Phock2sweet: 12:53pm On May 06, 2022
Margy:
no be lie!

those Mason guys on site..working so hard under hot sun or rain for 4k no be here o...na die..just to survive
4k good nau....here for my side na 1k5
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by seanwilliam(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2022
If I share my experience ehn.?

Abeg birikila work no easy abeg
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Angelfrost(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2022
Spy360:

No one is asking you to be a bricklayer sir...

If everyone became a "Smart" worker, where would you live?!! How would you eat?!! What would you eat??! Etc...

The point is to maintain balance, ensure that these sectors don't die off by properly recognizing their importance, and supporting them better financially!

Just imagine if all youths across the nation decide they don't want to farm again... Who will feed you??! Think! Think!! Think!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by OhiOfIhima: 12:55pm On May 06, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
may your sister marry one of them can I get an Amen?
What are you saying? My brother in-law is a POP decor, I envy d guy bcoz he is doing well. He just married my sister last yr.. Just a guy of 27yrs, he don dey build his own house now. Those handworks are the bae now..
I am presently learning electrical materials. May God see me through, Amiin!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Streett: 12:57pm On May 06, 2022
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
ufotty2001:

How they coup with their family supprised me alot
Some of them have connections and lots of people patronising them. I know a seamstress who has lots of people patronising her including schools, to the point that she rarely have chance to attend to others. She even sews till mid night. The truth is that, if u are good or very good at what u are doing, people will definitely patronise u, even from afar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Samoneo(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
may your sister marry one of them can I get an Amen?
If I may ask, how old are you?.. I am a graduate and into carpentry. I now live in my own house. Married a lovely wife with kid.. It's high time we change our mentality. There is always dignity in humble beginning.. The joke is on you..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Miyachi: 1:00pm On May 06, 2022
emetisuccess:

Are u a developer
Project where I dey handle now, I don chop money finish but I never near 60% completion. Hmmm
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shenuga, Lastma Officer Dies While Trying To Help Motorist In Distress (picture) / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.