Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. (46693 Views)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / COVID-19: Which Professions Earn More Money During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2022
nairaman66:

But in a good working environment compared to the ones on the list.

You don't know about software development. It's not about the environment or pay. Often it's about finding solution to almost the unsolved within a short time frame.

You'll be depressed, sleepless nights, you'll cry, your relationships will suffer.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by kay29000(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2022
emetisuccess:

Are u a developer
Project where I dey handle now, I don chop money finish but I never near 60% completion. Hmmm

Lol
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Pootle: 1:38pm On May 06, 2022
in life nothing of value comes easy

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by ify2u: 1:41pm On May 06, 2022
What about conductors

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
Cajal:

What about SURGEON SIR
E follow. No be everybody get that mind to open humanbeing body and sew am like cloth. As i am, i find it difficult to look at deep wounds, deep cuts, bleeding or blood let alone to hold and stitch.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Acidbath: 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their jobs is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risk.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
5. Painters, to climb building paint no be Bobo
6. Electricians(Nepa men) and those who wire houses
7. Electronics electricians
8. Shoe cobblers. As simple as u may think the job is, it involves strenght and skills. It is not as easy as u may think
9. Tailoring
10. Food vendors(it's not easy to wake up as early as 4am everyday to cook and sell etc.

Outside the shores of the zoo, people having the above professions make an honest living and earn comfortably.

For zoo, engineer go glue em nyash for AC condition office dey freeze em brain the more. Lebanese, Chinese and co dey outside dey do their work.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2022
Blakpot:
OP u are either a Yahoo boy or a lazy person.
There are no easy jobs really.
There are easy jobs.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by femshadrach(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
may your sister marry one of them can I get an Amen?
You are a SIMP!!!!!
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by oluwaseyi0: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

Try Software Development

The money in software development makes it to finally worth it

And besides soft development seems only insanely hard at the beginning, those days my tutorials are my sleeping pills grin grin, no matter how many times I watch a video I still find it hard to understand or relate to what is been said

As times goes on with more experience and exposure, it becomes sweet, just like a new bride

But over time with plenty tasks and projects at your disposal and clients/manager pressuring you the once beautiful bride starts turning to nagging wife

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Olabode211: 1:54pm On May 06, 2022
you no mention trailer driving and trailer repairer.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2022
stinflame:

All jobs needs to be respected and No job is for the lazy fellow . More respect should be given to jobs with high degree of accuracy and perfection. Just why medicine top the list of most respected profession.
True, but i mentioned some of these jobs because the challenges and risks involved in their jobs. E.g security officer, Naval Officer, Army, Airforce etc.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Ojukwu007(m): 2:05pm On May 06, 2022
Mechanics
Commercial drivers

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Equity15(m): 2:08pm On May 06, 2022
Kantebets:
I carry 300 nine inches everyday freshly moulded ones from the engine
I mix too sometimes under hot sun
If I comot shirt u go think say I don gym before
lol..i remember my jama jama days for agbede ,lagos. Omoh
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 2:16pm On May 06, 2022
ify2u:
What about conductors
E no easy too. ladies are now doing the job too and it's lucrative too. Person wey dey shame no go fit do that job.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Dollywood(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2022
Victerica:
Why can't they think outside the box, so as to involve technology in their jobs?

Gone are the days of stressful jobs!

Coz machines will build the houses, paint, wash the car, and repair damaged electronics? If those people ain't there then who's going to do it?
Yall too look down on people with menial Jobs.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by GoodMuyis(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2022
emetisuccess:

Are u a developer
Project where I dey handle now, I don chop money finish but I never near 60% completion. Hmmm

And you go still collect 2 more gig working 18/7 sitting down.

Back dey pain me since yesterday
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by CoolAmbience(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
To me, na Bricklayer work hard pass. U go carry sand, u go mix cement with Shovel, etc. After work, all ur body and waist go tell u. That work no be for lazy men ooo. I have great respect for those guys.

Wetin you go come call truck pushers if you say na bricklayer work hard pass?

Life no easy generally.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Blakpot: 2:23pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
There are easy jobs.

Perhaps relatively speaking.
There's a reason job market is called labour market.
All jobs exhaust mental and physical strength to a varying degree.

Even a CCTV operator will tell u his job isn't easy because it involves sitting for long hours at a stretch and analyzing the video for potential security risks.

I would like u to mention the easy jobs tho.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Eaglesence: 2:25pm On May 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

Try Software Development

You didn't add Realtors / Estate Managers. It's not easy to dey Waka, Waka dey find house for clients under sun o and to dey burn credit/date untop the work. If you live in an area where power is zero, your business as a realtor is D to the doom

Chai odiro easy sad

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Agadinaagwuofe: 2:30pm On May 06, 2022
Ulunne777:
Hostel Cleaners in Nig tertiary institutions

See! This is the hardest. true to God! I can't forget the experiences those women used to have, it is nightmarish, the shit wey hostel dey pack dey look like heavy anthills, na only God dey save those women, to use stick pound, even all the disinfectants and IZAL abi wetin can't protect these people from the terror the students used to pile up.

Among all mentioned this is the hardest and most disgusting.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 2:32pm On May 06, 2022
Blakpot:

Perhaps relatively speaking.
There's a reason job market is called labour market.
All jobs exhaust mental and physical strength to a varying degree.

Even a CCTV operator will tell u his job isn't easy because it involves sitting for long hours at a stretch and analyzing the video for potential security risks.

I would like u to mention the easy jobs tho.
Lol, normally, we all are going to say no job is easy. If u were to choose btw Bricklayer job and Clerk or office job that both salaries are good, which one would u choose?
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by SeaTrade(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2022
ITbomb:
Office cleaners, especially when the boss is a fat woman
Women generally are very fond of this terrible behaviour unfortunately.
You'd employ someone as a cleaner and the person would end up running errands,babysitting,washing cars,buying food ,etc...
I hate it when people are being abused and disrespected and I don't tolerate such behaviours around me or my business.
I still do a lot of things myself,if I send you on any errand outside your job description, I make sure I tip you and I thank the person so much.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Shortcut2life: 2:42pm On May 06, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
WHEN YOU DO GOODWORKS YOU ENJOY IN PRACE FOR LIFE.THOSE WHO WORK HARD FOR THEIR RCHES DONT FLAUNT MONIES ON INTERNET.CHECK OUT DANGOTE,BAYO OGUNLESI,BILL GATES ETC.THEY DONT MISBEHAVE LIKE YAHOO BOYZ OR RITUALIST ON NOLLYWOOD ETC. undecidedTODAY'S YOUTH RETRACE YOUR STEPS AND DO GOOD WORKS IN YOUR OWN INTERESTs and make your generation proud or What do you want to be remembered for when you live this earth, a legendary leader or notorious criminal ?

Na you sabi that one the same people you made mention of ain’t clean in their dealings don’t be deceived ..
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by emettang: 2:46pm On May 06, 2022
These are the comfort providers but we look down on them and sometimes see them as the by-product of the society.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by walyx(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2022
Margy:
no be lie!

those Mason guys on site..working so hard under hot sun or rain for 4k no be here o...na die..just to survive

U can say that again bro
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by placeofallure(f): 2:50pm On May 06, 2022
ITbomb:
Office cleaners, especially when the boss is a fat woman

Fat, slim, what difference does it make?
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by GboyegaD(m): 2:52pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
E hard ooo. I respect these people, most especially women who wakes up as easly as 4am everyday to cook and sell. U may think it's that easy, when u give a try, that's when u will know it's not easy. U know how sweet 4am sleep use to be. These people have to deprive themselves for that.

4am sometimes is late. Growing up, my mom was in the food business. We wake up as early as 3am as we need to catch the bus between 5 and 5:15am so that we don't get to where we sell late.

We strive to finish sales latest at noon so that we can get home, do preparations for the following day and be done by 6pm.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Empiree: 2:52pm On May 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

Try Software Development
scammers full this profession cheesy grin
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by faithfull18(f): 2:54pm On May 06, 2022
Nothing is easy abeg, where you aren't exerting physical strength, you are exerting mental strength.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truetalk3139: 2:55pm On May 06, 2022
emetisuccess:

Are u a developer
do you need help? I’m a software developer
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by donbabsaint(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
To me, na Bricklayer work hard pass. U go carry sand, u go mix cement with Shovel, etc. After work, all ur body and waist go tell u. That work no be for lazy men ooo. I have great respect for those guys.
yeah. But Pont of correction, it's the labourers that does the bulk of the job for meager stipend. The the bricklayer himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon / Shenuga, Lastma Officer Dies While Trying To Help Motorist In Distress (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.