Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? (28802 Views)

Why Do Landlords/land Lady Give 1 Year Rent As 11month in Lagos / CLOSED- Rooms To Let In Lekki Phase 1, 360k each, Quarterly Rent. / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by IamCookie(f): 12:26am On May 07, 2022
Mustiboy:

Can I get an apartment ma'am?

The property is in Ikorodu part of Lagos , sir.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Ghengiskhan(m): 4:58am On May 07, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms
Even from your write up one can easily see that it's a matter of preference. Please what is misogyny called in your language?
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Munzy14(m): 6:11am On May 07, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms
Ladies are difficult to Eject when they fail to cooperate with bills..

If you are lady without a tangible job or legally moving business, I won't let you in.

Na ticking time BOMB you be. cheesy

As for men, Just involve police or military, they will run leaving their properties.. grin grin

Such can't be said for a single lady who won't mind sharing her pvssy to the law enforcement guys to buy them over.

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Cutehector(m): 6:21am On May 07, 2022
IamCookie:
I did. And i can tell you that she saabi owe house rent ehn. She occupies a room self contained that i gave out at 100k per annum( kinda low as per what's obtainable in that area) ,being a single lady. Still couldn't pay me since November 2021(house rent expires) till now. She's been appealing ...

That's how some single ladies will be sleeping with their landlord's in order not to renew their rent ... Unfortunately, i am a woman cheesy
esthel, come read.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Cutehector(m): 6:29am On May 07, 2022
Even with all the monies they get from sugar daddies, they dont know how to invest, or think about the next year's rent.

They believe it will sort itself out like magic.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Mustiboy(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2022
IamCookie:

The property is in Ikorodu part of Lagos , sir.

Not provided environment is okay
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kay29000(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2022
KiNg0G:
Rent house to a lady
the next day you see another set of ladies,

As a landlord you be wondering how come maybe they are her relatives.

before you see them go dey hang pants for outside.

before you look, condom go dey full waste bin.

untill you realise say them don dey call your compound arshawol quarter!... warehouse...

then your mind go dey

LMAO!
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kay29000(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2022
sorority11:
If you are an agent you will know why. It isn't misogyny. At first I thought so, I questioned them and they gave me their reply.
Most single ladies are into runs or have sponsors, which infact is not very stable.
Most of them rent are paid by sugar daddies or boyfriends, the first payment is always smooth. No matter how expensive it is, they will pay.
The problem is maintenance, electric bills, security bills e.t.c. that's where the problem comes. They always drag, and give promises that they are expecting funds,and it never comes.
Time for renewal of rent, they might no longer be with their sponsor, and it is very hard to push people out of your house, especially ladies. Men are easier to kick out than ladies.
Note: This keep repeating itself over and over again like a deja Vu to agents, it's very predictable. They only rent house to ladies that have real jobs like bankers, or engineers not those that sells wig or do online business or can't even explain what they do for a living
. It's because of the epidemic of runs girl with sugar daddy. You can tell us that majority of girls this days are not into rruns

Interesting.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kay29000(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2022
Acidbath:
Outright misogyny and backward thinking. Even some useless women are not left out with this stupidity.

Some will say they want to avoid promiscuous women bringing in different men but how about some promiscuous men that bring in different women...are they not irritating to have around?

An unknown man entering a compound is perceived by the landlord as more dangerous than an unknown girl/woman entering same compound.

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by fujirice: 8:27am On May 07, 2022
czarr:
You don't see the hypocrisy in your writeup?

You don't see nothing wrong with landlords not renting to guys where you live, but when reverse is the case you you want to know if it's misogyny.

Maybe it's because some landlords don't like oloshos on their property. Brings bad luck.

I saw that too.
Her statement contradicts itself.

OP, what you observed is not particular to women alone. Single men go through the same ordeal and you can’t blame these landlords and agents. You don’t know what they have suffered in the hands of tenants. Some people are just pure evil.

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Beautygoddesss: 9:44am On May 07, 2022
immortalcrown:
Tenants are not scarce in the area.

Suppliers are selective (do shakara) when demand is higher than the quantity available.

But when supply is higher than demand, suppliers accept every willing customer.
you be correct economics student grin
immortalcrown:

Suppliers are selective (do shakara) when demand is higher than the quantity available.

you be correct economics student cool
immortalcrown:

you be correct economics student grin[quote author=immortalcrown post=112559710]Tenants are not scarce in the area.

Suppliers are selective (do shakara) when demand is hi
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Stompie: 9:54am On May 07, 2022
I think its mainly due to cultural reasons. However, landlords perceive women to be more problematic than men. They can be emotional and not easy to deal with should conflicts arise.

They are also prone to depending on men to pay their bills and so are often unstable financially. I suspect this is the biggest fear for most landlords.

And, I will say this, women are not really designed to live on their own. They need the protection of a man.

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by esthel(f): 11:16am On May 07, 2022
Cutehector:
esthel, come read.
wonderful, single men owe too, don't they even married men sef. Life can happen to anyone.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Acidbath: 11:25am On May 07, 2022
kay29000:

An unknown man entering a compound is perceived by the landlord as more dangerous than an unknown girl/woman entering same compound.
Don't men bring in men too?

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Cutehector(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2022
esthel:
wonderful, single men owe too, don't they even married men sef. Life can happen to anyone.
yes you are right too.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kay29000(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2022
Acidbath:

Don't men bring in men too?

They bring in their close friends... Girls can bring in a man they met a few hours ago.

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Acidbath: 5:01pm On May 07, 2022
kay29000:

They bring in their close friends... Girls can bring in a man they met a few hours ago.

That's not true. Not even within women circle.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kay29000(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2022
Acidbath:

That's not true. Not even within women circle.

Lol. You know nothing Jon snow. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. Believe what you want.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Acidbath: 5:47pm On May 07, 2022
kay29000:

Lol. You know nothing Jon snow. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. Believe what you want.

Yea. I stand by what I said.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 08, 2022
Aforxzy:
It's the same for single men too.

The landlords believe that being married means the person is responsible and matured.

And they assume that the single ladies are loose and wayward. They will bring in male friends, party alot, stay out late, quarrel and are unable to pay their bills.

And if there are married couples in the compound they are seen as potential husband snatchers.

My dear one bottle of water for you...at least you're one of the few that understands and doesnt base things on gender stereotypes...some landlords just dont trust some single people
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kenearth50(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2022
KiNg0G:
Rent house to a lady
the next day you see another set of ladies,

As a landlord you be wondering how come maybe they are her relatives.

before you see them go dey hang pants for outside.

before you look, condom go dey full waste bin.

untill you realise say them don dey call your compound arshawol quarter!... warehouse...

then your mind go dey

No be lie you talk for this one
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by 1F30M4(f): 12:09pm On May 10, 2022
Some don't rent rooms to single men as well. You must be married or about to.

Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money / Soludo Constructing 17 Units Of Modern Commissioners Quarters In Awka (video&pic