Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? (28851 Views)

Why Do Landlords/land Lady Give 1 Year Rent As 11month in Lagos / CLOSED- Rooms To Let In Lekki Phase 1, 360k each, Quarterly Rent. / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by ecolime(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2022
No reasonable reason
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by mmsen: 1:20pm On May 06, 2022
Because of how some of them make their money. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Aforxzy(f): 1:20pm On May 06, 2022
It's the same for single men too.

The landlords believe that being married means the person is responsible and matured.

And they assume that the single ladies are loose and wayward. They will bring in male friends, party alot, stay out late, quarrel and are unable to pay their bills.

And if there are married couples in the compound they are seen as potential husband snatchers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by mmsen: 1:21pm On May 06, 2022
KiNg0G:
Rent house to a lady
the next day you see another set of ladies,

As a landlord you be wondering how come maybe they are her relatives.

before you see them go dey hang pants for outside.

before you look, condom go dey full waste bin.

untill you realise say them don dey call your compound arshawol quarter!... warehouse...

then your mind go dey

You talk from experience?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Kayrich2122(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2022
To avoid violence ���

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by FireUpNow(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms

To avoid different men coming to look for babes and they want to pay rent in kind not in cash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by esthel(f): 1:22pm On May 06, 2022
No one has posted any reasonable reason other than she will bring men. Don't single men bring different women too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by popp(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2022
How would you be giving your vacant Houses to single ladiea and girls?
Why?
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Parisian: 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
Like your mother?
Righthussle:
Because they feel women are subhumans. Lesser humans. I think they are right somehow.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by poweredcom(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
sorority11:
If you are an agent you will know why. It isn't misogyny. At first I thought so, I questioned them and they gave me their reply.
Most single ladies are into runs or have sponsors, which infact is not very stable.
Most of them rent are paid by sugar daddies or boyfriends, the first payment is always smooth. No matter how expensive it is, they will pay.
The problem is maintenance, electric bills, security bills e.t.c. that's where the problem comes. They always drag, and give promises that they are expecting funds,and it never comes.
Time for renewal of rent, they might no longer be with their sponsor, and it is very hard to push people out of your house, especially ladies. Men are easier to kick out than ladies.
Note: This keep repeating itself over and over again like a deja Vu to agents, it's very predictable. They only rent house to ladies that have real jobs like bankers, or engineers not those that sells wig or do online business or can't even explain what they do for a living. It's because of the epidemic of runs girl with sugar daddy. You can tell us that majority of girls this days are not into rruns

Very correct I don learn from this post

Most girls especially in dis Lagos and abuja na runs gal ...they don't have a verified source of I come but they love in a duplex in lekki ...carry the best iphone and drive the best whip ...

Sugar daddy, or Doggy Dogg or one Yaahoo boy infact yahoo boy eye don clear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Parisian: 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
Faces that don't show up when a single guy rents, right?
Nuelzi:
Because of faces wey go dey show up

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Neddstark: 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
People who landlords in Lagos discriminate against
1. Yahoo boys
2. Single women
3. Unemployed
4. Igbo tenants.
If you think I am lying, talk to an agent.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Way4orward: 1:24pm On May 06, 2022
Who will I ask now oooo. Ok am coming.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Bamzyriches451: 1:25pm On May 06, 2022
sorority11:
If you are an agent you will know why. It isn't misogyny. At first I thought so, I questioned them and they gave me their reply.
Most single ladies are into runs or have sponsors, which infact is not very stable.
Most of them rent are paid by sugar daddies or boyfriends, the first payment is always smooth. No matter how expensive it is, they will pay.
The problem is maintenance, electric bills, security bills e.t.c. that's where the problem comes. They always drag, and give promises that they are expecting funds,and it never comes.
Time for renewal of rent, they might no longer be with their sponsor, and it is very hard to push people out of your house, especially ladies. Men are easier to kick out than ladies.
Note: This keep repeating itself over and over again like a deja Vu to agents, it's very predictable. They only rent house to ladies that have real jobs like bankers, or engineers not those that sells wig or do online business or can't even explain what they do for a living. It's because of the epidemic of runs girl with sugar daddy. You can tell us that majority of girls this days are not into rruns

This!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Parisian: 1:26pm On May 06, 2022
But single guys bringing oloshos don't cause bad luck... Redpill backward mentality, lmao grin
czarr:
You don't see the hypocrisy in your writeup?

You don't see nothing wrong with landlords not renting to guys where you live, but when reverse is the case you you want to know if it's misogyny.

Maybe it's because some landlords don't like oloshos on their property. Brings bad luck.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 06, 2022
She should keep looking for house na, where I stay they prefer single women self.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Righthussle: 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
Parisian:
Like your mother?

Even your mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
Because dem dey think say the Single Ladies gi turn dem Houses to ASHH................W !!! Bus Stop grin grin grin

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
I never jam that landlord

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Parisian: 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
Are you indirectly saying that most Nigerian guys are armed robbers ??
ojun50:
Because you can mistake LY invite you boyfriend who might be an arm robber but you might not be aware.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by HazardAwka(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
Me as a Landlord prefer single ladies to single guys, most single guys are now into Yahoo plus they will smoke any smokable in your house and pollute the air and some are on the run i.e cultist dem. They will come and live in your house before you know it everywhere go be terror

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by barrackozone(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms

Make dem no com turn house to "bambuutu"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Acidbath: 1:31pm On May 06, 2022
Righthussle:
Because they feel women are subhumans. Lesser humans. I think they are right somehow.

Sub humans birth only sub humans too.
Never forget that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Malory: 1:31pm On May 06, 2022
sorority11:

The truth

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
I never jam that landlord
If you jam am wetin you go do ?.........You go give am ni undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by crafteck(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
Unknown men gun
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by FuckDModz: 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:

Most single women live above their means. If their friends and family don't come to their rescue, they may not be able to pay their rent.

Therefore, a lot of them engage in hookups and invite dangerous men to the compound. Some go as far as dressing indecently in a compound filled with children.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Kajaard: 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
Because they are scared of their houses turning into brothels.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by jaxxy(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:

Only if they know the job these gals do. some landlords don't want their houses to be turned to ashewo joints.

if u rent to a man he may bring different women bt atleast u know the man bt if u rent to a woman she might bring in different unknown men which can be a security risk.

My innocent thoughts. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by kingemaker(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Who-cup ladies at work. Single guys are gradually face same issue due to G guys.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by President2001(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:

Because they're not under control of anyone and this bring embarrassment

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Kingcalls: 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Thats due to the entitlement mentality women moves around with... they think the world revolves around them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki / Secure A Plot Of Land@lashone Estate,agbara; N400,000 Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.