Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? (28857 Views)

Why Do Landlords/land Lady Give 1 Year Rent As 11month in Lagos / CLOSED- Rooms To Let In Lekki Phase 1, 360k each, Quarterly Rent. / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by anonymuz(m): 2:46pm On May 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
Because tenants are not scarce in the area.

Suppliers are selective (do shakara) when demand is higher than the quantity available.

But when supply is higher than demand, suppliers accept every willing customer.
Prof. Adams Smith...weldone....halaaaa am make them know before 6:30 if u know u know... paper no dey sell that time..outta
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Calibrator: 2:48pm On May 06, 2022
This particular issue is more prevalent in Mushin where you reside, no landlord will rent to a single lady who is not in the corporate world.... Most especially if she is a relatively young single mother.

Each gender and their own peculiar challenges.
pocohantas:
1) Too much men visiting.

2) Refusal and delay in paying recurring bills like electricity, waste disposal…etc

3) Too many squatters. Rent to one and rent to all.

4) I-dont-care attitude to the property or whatever is going on. They just face their flat alone. Men would be worried if the borehole stops working. Men would check if the gate is locked at night in the absence of a gateman. Most women don’t give 2fck so far as their own room remains.

I know because I have lived among them and I know how hard it was getting majority to cooperate. We were just 3 that were NORMAL. The rest spent a lot on wigs and air conditioner, but would struggle to pay monthly bills.

The simple solution is to cut your coat according to your size. It is foolhardy to allow your man introduce you to a life you can’t sustain on your own. Rather than collect a terrace duplex, ask for a business startup. Anything can happen in one year and you are left stranded.

I have seen a guy buy his babe a car and never collected it after breakup. He said she would sell it in less than a year and of course she did. Where she see money to fuel V8?

However, if you have a real and verifiable job, no one would refuse to rent to you. Way back I went to see the lawyer straight from work. I was ready to give her everything. ID card, employment letter and pay-slip. I gave her my boss’s number and she never called him sef. She just said “I like you”. When I had issues, I relayed my message in the most professional manner and she responded in record time. Even when my neighbours said she was fond of ignoring their messages. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Sunnyski: 2:50pm On May 06, 2022
Lemme ask my landlord

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2022
According to one agent "bcoz the girls go spoil the house"!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Maryo12(f): 2:58pm On May 06, 2022
Same thing happen to me recently. Before I could get a House I suffer. Even to follow woman self they will tell you they don't want single lady. I just save my self stress want to a lawyer that help me to secure the house. Not all women are into promiscuous life style abeg. What a mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:59pm On May 06, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

How about being a simp?
That one dey for inside your pocket.
So get lost with whatever you're thinking about yourself.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Mustiboy(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2022
IamCookie:
I did. And i can tell you that she saabi owe house rent ehn. She occupies a room self contained that i gave out at 100k per annum( kinda low as per what's obtainable in that area) ,being a single lady. Still couldn't pay me since November 2021(house rent expires) till now. She's been appealing ...

That's how some single ladies will be sleeping with their landlord's in order not to renew their rent ... Unfortunately, i am a woman cheesy

Can I get an apartment ma'am?
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Nyascobar1414: 3:03pm On May 06, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
That one dey for inside your pocket.
So get lost with whatever you're thinking about yourself.

Simp in peace sir!
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by lomprico(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms

'Why do some landlords....'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Ibrahim3307(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2022
sorority11:
If you are an agent you will know why. It isn't misogyny. At first I thought so, I questioned them and they gave me their reply.
Most single ladies are into runs or have sponsors, which infact is not very stable.
Most of them rent are paid by sugar daddies or boyfriends, the first payment is always smooth. No matter how expensive it is, they will pay.
The problem is maintenance, electric bills, security bills e.t.c. that's where the problem comes. They always drag, and give promises that they are expecting funds,and it never comes.
Time for renewal of rent, they might no longer be with their sponsor, and it is very hard to push people out of your house, especially ladies. Men are easier to kick out than ladies.
Note: This keep repeating itself over and over again like a deja Vu to agents, it's very predictable. They only rent house to ladies that have real jobs like bankers, or engineers not those that sells wig or do online business or can't even explain what they do for a living. It's because of the epidemic of runs girl with sugar daddy. You can tell us that majority of girls this days are not into rruns

this reason is very valid. 12 chilled stout and chicken suya for you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Kwestionair: 3:04pm On May 06, 2022
KiNg0G:
Rent house to a lady
the next day you see another set of ladies,

As a landlord you be wondering how come maybe they are her relatives.

before you see them go dey hang pants for outside.

before you look, condom go dey full waste bin.

untill you realise say them don dey call your compound arshawol quarter!... warehouse...

then your mind go dey

And you have sisters right? And you will one day have daughters right?

This is how you idiots make things difficult for people because you want to be funny.
Dimwit nitwit
I’m a guy for your information
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by BluntCrazeMan: 3:09pm On May 06, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Simp in peace sir!
Still not your business in any way
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by ABANGWABOI(m): 3:10pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:
I just read the story of a woman who couldn't rent a house because the landlord said he didn't like single women renting rooms in his house.

I'm asking because where I live, people would rather rent their boys quarters to women and girls than men and boys. Because they think men are more violent and prone to cause trouble than women due to incidents that have happened in the past.

So, could the reason be misogyny or something else like maybe past encounters with single women renting their rooms

Na Mumu dey rent house give single ladies...

Dem go turn your house to chalet for OLOSHOism...

Pay utility bills na problem..
Contribute money to pump water for compound na problem..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by skywalker240(m): 3:17pm On May 06, 2022
Parisian:
Nigerian men never cease to show their foolishness.

So single guys don't turn their houses to brothels where they bring Aunty Nkechi today and Aunty Vivian tomorrow, or lepa today and orobo tomorrow?

They don't let their friends bring prostitutes to come knack in their house or turn their house and smoke and drink away their future right?

Mumu gender.

It is this same Nairaland that a single guy complained that his friend was always bringing different girls and staining his sheets, lmao. Bloody eediots.
At least the women they bring in are not cultists and armed robbers undecided

If you have nothing reasonable to say you should've just kept quiet

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by deavicky(m): 3:22pm On May 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
because they feel this women are ashawo, and will be bringing in men in and out any how
and this can expose the compound to bad men.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by NaijaCars4sale: 3:23pm On May 06, 2022
It depends on the Landlord and his own orientation
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Ballzproblemm: 3:31pm On May 06, 2022
pocohantas:
1) Too many male visitors.

2) Refusal and delay in paying recurring bills like electricity, waste disposal…etc

4) I-dont-care attitude to the property or whatever is going on. They just face their flat alone. Men would be worried if the borehole stops working. Men would check if the gate is locked at night in the absence of a gateman. Most women don’t give 2fck so far as their own room remains.

I know because I have lived among them and I know how hard it was getting the majority to cooperate. We were just 3 that were NORMAL. The rest spent a lot on wigs and air conditioner, but would struggle to pay monthly bills.

The simple solution is to cut your coat according to your size. It is foolhardy to allow your man to introduce you to a life you can’t sustain on your own. Rather than collect a terrace duplex, ask for a business startup. Anything can happen in one year and you are left stranded.

I have seen a guy buy his babe a car and he didn’t collect it after the breakup. He said she would sell it in less than a year and of course she did. Where she see money to fuel V8?

However, if you have a real and verifiable job/source of income, no SANE AND ENLIGHTENED house owner would refuse to rent to you. Way back I went to see the lawyer straight from work. I was ready to give her everything. ID card, employment letter and pay-slip. I gave her my boss’s number and she never called him sef. She just said “I like you”. When I had issues, I relayed my grievance in the most professional manner and she responded in record time, but my neighbours said she was fond of ignoring their messages. grin
you sure say ,that lawyer no be less,,and she dey find way in between your pant

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by fokusmind: 3:42pm On May 06, 2022
As long as you have your job and act responsible , getting accomodation should not be a problem

A room apartment at Dolphin Ikoyi Lagos with:
Room
Kitchenette
Bathroom
For rent: 500k per year
*for a WORKING SINGLE lady or guy*

call 08028474961

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by WondaBeauty(f): 4:07pm On May 06, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Happy Birthday Beautiful

Thank handsome...
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by itaketo: 4:28pm On May 06, 2022
One lady like that her honorable sugar Daddy blocked landlords car with his own car. Na so wahala take start
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by rukyboy(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2022
itaketo:
One lady like that her honorable sugar Daddy blocked landlords car with his own car. Na so wahala take start

Hahaha. See gobe
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by rukyboy(m): 5:11pm On May 06, 2022
Taking notes....

No single women
No Igbo Traders
No Pastors

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by phemmyfour: 6:05pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:

cos women that are not married appear irresponsible to them. They won't be able to continue to pay house rent and the fear of turning the house to mini hotel

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Fearlez: 6:20pm On May 06, 2022
pocohantas:
1) Too many male visitors.

I know because I have lived among them and I know how hard it was getting the majority to cooperate. We were just 3 that were NORMAL. The rest spent a lot on wigs and air conditioner, but would struggle to pay monthly bills.

The simple solution is to cut your coat according to your size. It is foolhardy to allow your man to introduce you to a life you can’t sustain on your own. Rather than collect a terrace duplex, ask for a business startup. Anything can happen in one year and you are left stranded.

I have seen a guy buy his babe a car and he didn’t collect it after the breakup. He said she would sell it in less than a year and of course she did. Where she see money to fuel V8?

However, if you have a real and verifiable job/source of income, no SANE AND ENLIGHTENED house owner would refuse to rent to you. Way back I went to see the lawyer straight from work. I was ready to give her everything. ID card, employment letter and pay-slip. I gave her my boss’s number and she never called him sef. She just said “I like you”. When I had issues, I relayed my grievance in the most professional manner and she responded in record time, but my neighbours said she was fond of ignoring their messages. grin
very humble of you to be truthful in a gender sensitive topic like this.

Your post also revealed a lot about you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Shebbs: 7:12pm On May 06, 2022
So Painful How The Male Gender And Even Some Of The Female Gender Who Are Mothers See Almost All Nigerian Girls As intimacy gadgets And Nothing More Or Less.

Now My Question;
Who Is Really To Blame?
Nigerian Girls
Their Parents
The Government.
Choose One And State Your Reasons.
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by achimendy(m): 7:14pm On May 06, 2022
siofra:

Am an agent here in kano state, here dey hardly give single ladies apartment because of their promiscuous lifestyle. They bring in different men to sleep with them, and they almost fight every time if not with their bf is with their fellow girls. So that's how it is here in kano.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Aaay: 8:21pm On May 06, 2022
They are headache
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by Forthepeople21(f): 8:26pm On May 06, 2022
No comment

1 Like

Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by vickydevoka(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2022
sorority11:
If you are an agent you will know why. It isn't misogyny. At first I thought so, I questioned them and they gave me their reply.
Most single ladies are into runs or have sponsors, which infact is not very stable.
Most of them rent are paid by sugar daddies or boyfriends, the first payment is always smooth. No matter how expensive it is, they will pay.
The problem is maintenance, electric bills, security bills e.t.c. that's where the problem comes. They always drag, and give promises that they are expecting funds,and it never comes.
Time for renewal of rent, they might no longer be with their sponsor, and it is very hard to push people out of your house, especially ladies. Men are easier to kick out than ladies.
Note: This keep repeating itself over and over again like a deja Vu to agents, it's very predictable. They only rent house to ladies that have real jobs like bankers, or engineers not those that sells wig or do online business or can't even explain what they do for a living. It's because of the epidemic of runs girl with sugar daddy. You can tell us that majority of girls this days are not into rruns

Online business na ashawo work na
Re: Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? by bigcasava1(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2022
Ashawo them go use ur house do, the one dey my house just dey change man anyhow in my compound, I just dey wait for her make her rent expire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Things They Won't Tell You About Lekki / Secure A Plot Of Land@lashone Estate,agbara; N400,000 Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.