Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) (53356 Views)

Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review / Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review / Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by klismann12: 8:38pm On May 06, 2022
safarigirl:
Yes, I am quite aware it is 4:00AM Nigerian time, and yet, I am wide awake, about to drop a review that will most likely be lengthy, so, you already know how bomb this watch was.

Please, if you have not watched Blood Sisters, I am about to unapologetically ruin the suspense for you, so, if you would like to maintain the purity of a good watch, I would advise you stop reading at this point, and perhaps return after watching.

Without further ado, here goes the review of the year (for me)

Movie: Blood Sisters

Producer(s): EbonyLife Studios (Mo Abudu), Netflix
Director(s): Biyi Bandele, Kenneth Gyang
Cast:
Ini-Dima Okojie
Nancy Isime
Kate Henshaw
Wale Ojo
Deyemi Okanlawon
Ramsey Noah
Gabriel Afolayan
Kehinde Bankole
Genoveve Umeh
Ibrahim Suleiman
Daniel Etim-Effiong
Uche Jombo
Keppy Ekpeyong
Run Time: 4 episodes of 1 hour each

Plot:
Best friends Sarah Duru (Okojie) and Kemi Sanya (Isime), go on the run, after the accidental murder of Sarah's wealthy, influential, but extremely abusive fiancee, Kola Ademola (Okanlawon). In the hunt for the girls, secrets are revealed that threaten the facade the Ademola family matriarch, Uduak (Henshaw), has built over the years.

Review:

Hmm...like earlier stated, this is about to be a long read, because I cannot begin this review without going through a vote of thanks.

First of all, I would like to thank Aunty Mo Abudu for this brilliant work. I know I heavily shat on that atrocity of a movie they used to open the year for us, so, in the same light, I am here to douse this production in accolades.

The plot of this series was brilliant, and whoever suggested it be shot as a Limited Series, must have been communing with the angels at the time, because nothing else could have quite done justice to this Series and the many intricacies the plot presented. There were so many layers to the story, so many parts, it wasn't just a straightforward 'girls kill rich guy and go on the run' story. We were introduced to subplots; some other suspects, a sordid past, a dysfunctional family, bribery, blackmail, organ harvesting, all interwoven into one storyline. Lesser writers would have muddled it all up, but kudos to the writers of this story, because no one plotline swallowed the other. Although Sarah Duru and Kemi Sanya were the leads, I feel like the plotline allowed every other actor to shine, while not overshadowing the premise of the story. The scriptwriting in this, is possibly the best of any Nigerian production on Netflix in the last couple of years. Guys, there were punchlines, especially from Officer Joe 'Chicago' Obasanjo (Wale Ojo),there were quotable quotes. Ah, they finished work with the script.

My next point has to be the costuming, because the casting is so good, I may have to save it for later. If you're a fashion enthusiast, I imagine you must have been shrieking in glee at every outift reveal, particularly with Uduak Ademola (Henshaw), every piece was a hit, and damn if Miss Henshaw didn't wear the fabric off everything that got on her skin. I just dey see "couture, couture" everywhere, Netflix's budget did not go into any cheap shit, you can tell. Another character whose outfits I really enjoyed, whole not being flamboyant, has to be Akin's (Daniel Etim-Effiong). It was all simple, sleeveless kaftans, but they were so age appropriate and classy. Yinka Ademola (Kehinde Bankole), also had some outfits that will have you contacting your favourite clothes vendor for a wardrobe update. Every outfit was a hit, and you know Miss Bankole had the body for those fits.

Next up, settings. Now, you all know Lekkiwood would not be Lekkiwood if no be Lagos dem set the film. We really waka round Lagos, where we no reach? We saw Lekki, we saw Falomo, we saw a private beach (I'm not sure if it was Oniru or Elegushi), we enter village, and of course, our favorites tourist site, Makoko, also got a great feature. We were treated to scenes in the luxurious and palatial mansions the Ademolas called home, and we also got to see the simple, sparse abode of the hitman Blade, (Sam), we saw a modern beach house, and the inside of a bamboo house in a quaint village. The budget was very generously spread out in the location choices, and it all worked out for good.

Next up, cinematography. Brethren, at this point, I need not go into details of how amazing the cinematography was in this movie. At no point did I not see anything clearly. The screen clear die, there were enough views of the horizon, the lighting was awesome, I only had to see Eko bridge once and never again, because other things dey to shoot, the transitions were brilliant, and the effects, flawless....but cinematography is one thing you can trust EbonyLife on, if nothing else.

And now, without further ado, I would like to touch the casting. This one will possibly continue through another post, because I would really like to delve into some of my favourite performances, but generally speaking, the casting in this movie was nothing short of brilliant. Finally, we have an All-Star cast that did not combust with too much star power. I mean, y'all saw the main cast earlier, you know you cannot assemble such a cast without creating magic, especially when the script was so good. The guest stars were TOP Stars, from Joke Silva to Segun Arinze, Tope Tedela, Patrick Doyle, Okey Uzoeshi, Zack Orji, Toyin Abraham, Edo Dike, Denrele, and still, each of these people delivered their lines with such sleek professionalism. In fact everybody was exceptional. I hadn't seen Ini-Dima pull out a performance as good as what she gave in this, for a long time. I had almost started doubting her acting skill, because she was getting such lazy, mediocre scripts and her performances were reflecting that, but this time, she thoroughly stepped up, I most enjoyed her expressions, she sold the whole 'abused partner' role to the letter, and Nancy Isime was brilliant as usual, but these two while delivering brilliantly, were not my favorites. With the delivery, I would also like to properly appreciate Deyemi Okanlawon and Ramsey Noah. See, guys, Deyemi only featured in the first episode, as in, that was the only episode we actually got to see him speak, and interact, yet, his aura carried through to the last episode. It always felt like I was still watching him, even when he did not even feature. And then, there was Oga Ramsey Noah, see, una see this acting thing, leave am for Ramsey. He pulled off the role of Henchman in ways only someone with over 400 acting credits to his name and 20+ years of experience would be able to pull it off, while dressed in what is turning out to be his signature all black suit. I'm not sure Ramsey had more than 4 lines the entire 4 episodes of that Series, yet, we felt his every mood. You could tell when he was bored, when he was angry, when he was frustrated, when he was nonchalant, and yet, he never had to deliver any dialogue to relay his state of mind. It was just in his carriage and body language. Still, Ramsey was not the breakout star for me in this Series, because we all know what Ramsey can do.

For the sake of length, I would like to stop writing on the cast at this point, and just give a general conclusion that this Limited Series was brilliant. This is the kind of stuff Nollywood should be putting out on the international front, just so Netflix won't think we are a waste of funds. While this series did not thoroughly deviate from some of the tropes Lekkiwood and Aunty Mo like to explore like the cold, unwelcoming matriarch, the obnoxiously wealthy family marrying from a middle class family, and of course, a flamboyant owambe party for the culture, these tropes did not get to swallow the essence of a good old drama. Everything blended in to create a perfect story, and I can say with my full chest, that this is the BEST Nollywood and Netflix collaboration project. Perhaps more projects should explore the possibility of a Limited Series, rather than 1h53 mins movies that leave you feeling unsatisfied.

Rating: 9/10.

Watch or Trash- If you no watch this series, you fit regret am

PS: I would like to thank everyone involved in this production for doing justice to the title 'Blood Sisters', after that classic from Omotola and Genevieve, I would have been so pained if they ruined the title with a mediocre production.
How do I get this movie

UP NEXT: My list of favorite performances.

Meanwhile, have you seen the Limited Series, and what are your thoughts on it?
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by emkz: 8:40pm On May 06, 2022
@safarigirl, you missed the part where the series highlighted a topical issue in Nigeria, where Kate Henshaw's character delivered a bag of money to the IG (Patrick Doyle) to fish out the fugitives. Then the man made a fruitless promise to fish them out, with President Buhari's picture on the wall.

That was neat.

I have some reservations about the storyline, for example, Blade came to kill someone and he was moving and bumping into people, and showing himself. One would have thought that as soon as he was disarmed, they'd have handed him to the Police. Then the arresting of the girls and handimg them over to thr bereaved mother. How does that make sense? There were others gaffes too, but one need not dwell on them.

As far as I am concerned, this is the best series from Mo Abudu. The storyline was neat. Directing made sense. It was realistic portrayal of an ambitious woman who indulged her son to become beastly, and she lost everything.

5 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by chatinent: 8:41pm On May 06, 2022
I no go watch. I wan regret am.

4 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by efembaba(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2022
8/10 for me. Really brilliant piece.. Do not let prejudice against Nollywood movies make u dismiss the movie in ur heart as d same usual nonesense. Some American movies no do reach the movie

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2022
Una don chop belle full
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Blakpot: 8:45pm On May 06, 2022
Pinklygul:
If it's not our 'old' blood sisters of Genevieve and Omotola,then it can not be blood sisters

Lol
Na that one I know too

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by TheGoodBoy: 8:46pm On May 06, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please I'm an engineering student in the university of Abuja. I need help paying my 300 level school fees. I've exhausted all means on how to get the money.
I've tried keeping myself busy doing this ASUU strike.
Right now I'm learning solar panel installation and computer programming.

As proof that I'm not trying to scam anyone, I'll give out my school portal login details to anyone that wants to help me so that he/she can pay the schools fees by his or herself.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Broveens42(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2022
Melonny:
I am rating this low jare. Maybe a 3/10, I am not impressed. I totally like the lead characters, but the storyline gets as it be.
How can you murder someone in one of the most expensive hotels in Nigeria the CCTV didn't capture the act?

- I have not been to many hotels, but I remember the security checks at the gate and the metal detector at the Sheraton hotel at Ikeja. In the movie, it was so easy to get a gun into the event hall undetected.

- How did they get the shovels into the hotel? The story didn't give an account of this.

Dem just dey show girl power all through.

That is the problem I have with most Nigerian movies. We have been complaining of poor filming and average scripting , now they are doing quality filming and very poor scripting.

They should take a clue from bling lagosians' a combination of quality filming and scripting: in same film Alex(actor), was even trying to market his own film using well known comic actors against the wish of his client (female) who wanted something a bit classy... All this happening in a classy movie; and same time, the casters would eventually go back to their native languages when serious pressing issues arise. grin The director deserves an award.

6 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Broveens42(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2022
donforeign:
movie no end well

it doesn't have to end well.. but thanks for telling me. I'm not watching grin
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by phemmyfour: 8:58pm On May 06, 2022
safarigirl:
Yes, I am quite aware it is 4:00AM Nigerian time, and yet, I am wide awake, about to drop a review that will most likely be lengthy, so, you already know how bomb this watch was.

Please, if you have not watched Blood Sisters, I am about to unapologetically ruin the suspense for you, so, if you would like to maintain the purity of a good watch, I would advise you stop reading at this point, and perhaps return after watching.

Cast:
Ini-Dima Okojie
Nancy Isime
Kate Henshaw
Wale Ojo
Deyemi Okanlawon
Ramsey Noah
Gabriel Afolayan
Kehinde Bankole
Genoveve Umeh
Ibrahim Suleiman
Daniel Etim-Effiong
Uche Jombo
Keppy Ekpeyong

Plot:
Best friends Sarah Duru (Okojie) and Kemi Sanya (Isime), go on the run, after the accidental murder of Sarah's wealthy, influential, but extremely abusive fiancee, Kola Ademola (Okanlawon). In the hunt for the girls, secrets are revealed that threaten the facade the Ademola family matriarch, Uduak (Henshaw), has built over the years.

Review:

Hmm...like earlier stated, this is about to be a long read, because I cannot begin this review without going through a vote of thanks.

First of all, I would like to thank Aunty Mo Abudu for this brilliant work. I know I heavily shat on that atrocity of a movie they used to open the year for us, so, in the same light, I am here to douse this production in accolades.

The plot of this series was brilliant, and whoever suggested it be shot as a Limited Series, must have been communing with the angels at the time, because nothing else could have quite done justice to this Series and the many intricacies the plot presented. There were so many layers to the story, so many parts, it wasn't just a straightforward 'girls kill rich guy and go on the run' story. We were introduced to subplots; some other suspects, a sordid past, a dysfunctional family, bribery, blackmail, organ harvesting, all interwoven into one storyline. Lesser writers would have muddled it all up, but kudos to the writers of this story, because no one plotline swallowed the other. Although Sarah Duru and Kemi Sanya were the leads, I feel like the plotline allowed every other actor to shine, while not overshadowing the premise of the story. The scriptwriting in this, is possibly the best of any Nigerian production on Netflix in the last couple of years. Guys, there were punchlines, especially from Officer Joe 'Chicago' Obasanjo (Wale Ojo),there were quotable quotes. Ah, they finished work with the script.

My next point has to be the costuming, because the casting is so good, I may have to save it for later. If you're a fashion enthusiast, I imagine you must have been shrieking in glee at every outift reveal, particularly with Uduak Ademola (Henshaw), every piece was a hit, and damn if Miss Henshaw didn't wear the fabric off everything that got on her skin. I just dey see "couture, couture" everywhere, Netflix's budget did not go into any cheap shit, you can tell. Another character whose outfits I really enjoyed, whole not being flamboyant, has to be Akin's (Daniel Etim-Effiong). It was all simple, sleeveless kaftans, but they were so age appropriate and classy. Yinka Ademola (Kehinde Bankole), also had some outfits that will have you contacting your favourite clothes vendor for a wardrobe update. Every outfit was a hit, and you know Miss Bankole had the body for those fits.

Next up, settings. Now, you all know Lekkiwood would not be Lekkiwood if no be Lagos dem set the film. We really waka round Lagos, where we no reach? We saw Lekki, we saw Falomo, we saw a private beach (I'm not sure if it was Oniru or Elegushi), we enter village, and of course, our favorites tourist site, Makoko, also got a great feature. We were treated to scenes in the luxurious and palatial mansions the Ademolas called home, and we also got to see the simple, sparse abode of the hitman Blade, (Sam), we saw a modern beach house, and the inside of a bamboo house in a quaint village. The budget was very generously spread out in the location choices, and it all worked out for good.

Next up, cinematography. Brethren, at this point, I need not go into details of how amazing the cinematography was in this movie. At no point did I not see anything clearly. The screen clear die, there were enough views of the horizon, the lighting was awesome, I only had to see Eko bridge once and never again, because other things dey to shoot, the transitions were brilliant, and the effects, flawless....but cinematography is one thing you can trust EbonyLife on, if nothing else.

And now, without further ado, I would like to touch the casting. This one will possibly continue through another post, because I would really like to delve into some of my favourite performances, but generally speaking, the casting in this movie was nothing short of brilliant. Finally, we have an All-Star cast that did not combust with too much star power. I mean, y'all saw the main cast earlier, you know you cannot assemble such a cast without creating magic, especially when the script was so good. The guest stars were TOP Stars, from Joke Silva to Segun Arinze, Tope Tedela, Patrick Doyle, Okey Uzoeshi, Zack Orji, Toyin Abraham, Edo Dike, Denrele, and still, each of these people delivered their lines with such sleek professionalism. In fact everybody was exceptional. I hadn't seen Ini-Dima pull out a performance as good as what she gave in this, for a long time. I had almost started doubting her acting skill, because she was getting such lazy, mediocre scripts and her performances were reflecting that, but this time, she thoroughly stepped up, I most enjoyed her expressions, she sold the whole 'abused partner' role to the letter, and Nancy Isime was brilliant as usual, but these two while delivering brilliantly, were not my favorites. With the delivery, I would also like to properly appreciate Deyemi Okanlawon and Ramsey Noah. See, guys, Deyemi only featured in the first episode, as in, that was the only episode we actually got to see him speak, and interact, yet, his aura carried through to the last episode. It always felt like I was still watching him, even when he did not even feature. And then, there was Oga Ramsey Noah, see, una see this acting thing, leave am for Ramsey. He pulled off the role of Henchman in ways only someone with over 400 acting credits to his name and 20+ years of experience would be able to pull it off, while dressed in what is turning out to be his signature all black suit. I'm not sure Ramsey had more than 4 lines the entire 4 episodes of that Series, yet, we felt his every mood. You could tell when he was bored, when he was angry, when he was frustrated, when he was nonchalant, and yet, he never had to deliver any dialogue to relay his state of mind. It was just in his carriage and body language. Still, Ramsey was not the breakout star for me in this Series, because we all know what Ramsey can do.

For the sake of length, I would like to stop writing on the cast at this point, and just give a general conclusion that this Limited Series was brilliant. This is the kind of stuff Nollywood should be putting out on the international front, just so Netflix won't think we are a waste of funds. While this series did not thoroughly deviate from some of the tropes Lekkiwood and Aunty Mo like to explore like the cold, unwelcoming matriarch, the obnoxiously wealthy family marrying from a middle class family, and of course, a flamboyant owambe party for the culture, these tropes did not get to swallow the essence of a good old drama. Everything blended in to create a perfect story, and I can say with my full chest, that this is the BEST Nollywood and Netflix collaboration project. Perhaps more projects should explore the possibility of a Limited Series, rather than 1h53 mins movies that leave you feeling unsatisfied.

PS: I would like to thank everyone involved in this production for doing justice to the title 'Blood Sisters', after that classic from Omotola and Genevieve, I would have been so pained if they ruined the title with a mediocre production.

5/10
Putting all the old Nollywood faces in a movie doesn't guarantee an interesting acting

3 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Eaglesence: 9:00pm On May 06, 2022
post=112588239:
Very interesting movie.

Jim Iyke's latest movie is another Banger.

Thumbs up Guys.

What is the title of Jim Iykes movie biko?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by IbileIfe: 9:02pm On May 06, 2022
Sponsored post. grin

A Nollywood parody of Telemundo.
Mexican scenario recasted in Nigeria.

Read a real professional critique on
Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Blood Sisters’ On Netflix, A Nigerian Thriller Where Two Close Friends Try To Escape After A Wealthy Groom Goes Missing
By Joel Keller

May 5, 2022 // 3:30pm
https://decider.com/2022/05/05/blood-sisters-netflix-review/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by chrisooblog: 9:02pm On May 06, 2022
Very good movie I agree Mo Abudu has started well redeeming herself for the Chief Daddy nonsense in January.

I'm a big action movie fan so I was very impressed with the fight scenes well choreographed. Most realistic and believable fight scenes I've seen in any Nigerian movie. Most if not all the actors brought their A game. Deyemi would have been my star if he didn't only appear in one episode. By far the best male performance in the mini-series. My accolades go to Miss Isime. She really carried the storied of the blood sisters. I give her props for really putting herself out for some of those physically tasking real down to earth performance. Okojie played off her very well. Watching them you never doubted that they had each others backs and were willing to die for each other. Mr Ramsey, Kate Henshaw and Bankole deserve honorable mentions too. Gab Afolayan was good too but a little bit subdued for me going by his high standards. Like you rightly said the ensemble cast were well directed, with each allowed screen time to shine.

Fantastic locations shots making use of variety of settings and locales not just the overused Lekki,Ikoyi and Marina areas.

Cinematography was also good with some impressive shots here and there.

Story wise the film was generally good but some areas in terms of continuity and character behavior/motivations had me scratching my head once or twice but overall nothing that would affect the general look of the movie.

Going forward any Nigerian producer attempting to make a movie should watch blood sisters and use it as gauge of what future movies should be in terms of location shots, choreography attention to detail and flow of the story.

Rating: 8/10

safarigirl:

Cast:
Ini-Dima Okojie
Nancy Isime
Kate Henshaw
Wale Ojo
Deyemi Okanlawon
Ramsey Noah
Gabriel Afolayan
Kehinde Bankole
Genoveve Umeh
Ibrahim Suleiman
Daniel Etim-Effiong
Uche Jombo
Keppy Ekpeyong

Plot:

Review:

3 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Melonny(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2022
Broveens42:

That is the problem I have with most Nigerian movies. We have been complaining of poor filming and average scripting , now they are doing quality filming and very poor scripting.

They should take a clue from bling lagosians' a combination of quality filming and scripting: in same film Alex(actor), was even trying to market his on film using well known comic actors against the wish of his client (female) who wanted something a bit classy... All this happening in a classy movie; and same time, the casters would eventually go back to their native languages when serious pressing issues arise. grin The director deserves an award.
I feel that the writer or the director ain't interested in making quality films. They just wanna cast big names, beautiful faces and fine locations.
They should seek expert opinions before and during the production process. Maybe a retired police officer or anybody in that line would have provided expert advice on how to act the scenes. Maybe studying the internal controls in various hotels would have helped.
They need to do more, they should research more.

The thing wey pain me is that, the writer or the producer tried to blame their incompetence on the corrupt Police department and the hotel security guy.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Broveens42(m): 9:04pm On May 06, 2022
phemmyfour:
5/10
Putting all the old Nollywood faces in a movie doesn't guarantee an interesting acting

Exactly and not just old actors but common actors on African magic
I loved what Jim Iyke did in his movie 'bad comments'
All this chiwetalagu and nnebe were relegated to the background.

We saw more of people who looked really like CEOs and business men in conference rooms for example.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by DOnlooker(m): 9:05pm On May 06, 2022
Binge watched it yesterday till the end. It was captivating. Great actors. Interesting locations.
I'll rate it 9/10
The only thing I didn't quite fancy was the excessive makeups
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by donforeign: 9:05pm On May 06, 2022
Broveens42:

it doesn't have to end well.. but thanks for telling me. I'm not watching grin
watch it, it is nice but the ending no really do am well for me but it is top notch, the productn n all mke sense.. support our own, watch it.
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by vanhelsing1(m): 9:08pm On May 06, 2022
[quote author=Taywon post=112588381]I downloaded it yesterday....

Its a nice movie [/quote please...How did u download it...
I work really love to have it too...
thanks
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Bbbw: 9:09pm On May 06, 2022
Oh
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by LaconicINC: 9:15pm On May 06, 2022
Pr3cious:
Every one has been rating this movie highly
I don't want to be disappointed.
Hope it's not like chief Daddy 2
nah, I saw the entire series today the movie make sense wella
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Broveens42(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2022
donforeign:
watch it, it is nice but the ending no really do am well for me but it is top notch, the productn n all mke sense.. support our own, watch it.

Hahahaha. You are still discouraging me by saying..'ending no really do am'

I like Nija directors that try out new things in not so extraordinary ways. The movie
'Gold statue'...
Very adventurous, educative, comical and suspense filled ..
Just like you are reading a Novel; that's the feeling you get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by caracas: 9:24pm On May 06, 2022
Is it the same movie I watched yesterday night, that this ppl are giving all raves n praise?
Rubbish overrated,boring movie….
Actually started well but it became clear they had nothing to act along the line……
Watched the movie cos of Ramsey, but I must say it was a sheer waste of talent

3 Likes

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by legba1(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2022
Pinklygul:
If it's not our 'old' blood sisters of Genevieve and Omotola,then it can not be blood sisters

Wrong.....go check it out..this is on another level....the last all kill their roles
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Broveens42(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2022
caracas:
Is it the same movie I watched yesterday night, that this ppl are giving all raves n praise?
Rubbish overrated,boring movie….
Actually started well but it became clear they had nothing to act along the line……
Watched the movie cos of Ramsey, but I must say it was a sheer waste of talent

grin I'm done
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 06, 2022
I loved Kate henshaw's part in the movie...I just love d way she carries herself
Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Elephantboy(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2022
That one na fake blood sisters.
Below is the real blood sisters.
Genevieve vs Omotola

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by rayval(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2022
Mikeeytools:
Your mate are heading key positions in Nigeria. Be here thinking of movies.

Lol.. and you came here to comment.. which one are you holding?.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by SoapQueen(f): 9:56pm On May 06, 2022
Mikeeytools:
Your mate are heading key positions in Nigeria. Be here thinking of movies.

Being a film critic is such a highly revered position.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) by Misterdhee1(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2022
Melonny:
I am rating this low jare. Maybe a 3/10, I am not impressed. I totally like the lead characters, but the storyline gets as it be.
How can you murder someone in one of the most expensive hotels in Nigeria the CCTV didn't capture the act?

- I have not been to many hotels, but I remember the security checks at the gate and the metal detector at the Sheraton hotel at Ikeja. In the movie, it was so easy to get a gun into the event hall undetected.

- How did they get the shovels into the hotel? The story didn't give an account of this.

Dem just dey show girl power all through.
There were too many amateurish loopholes tbh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Reasons Miracle Won BBNaija 2018 / BBNaija: Nina Tells Miracle She Enjoyed What Went Down Between Them / Difference Between NTA And TVC ( PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.