Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,838 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? (30364 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Xantel(f): 2:50am On May 07, 2022
You obtain favour from God which you can't buy
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by 1874manab: 5:00am On May 07, 2022
[s]
post=112576592:

Really?
Coco
[/s]
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ebubu2: 5:05am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

I don't pity you at all..
How can you go to oyibo land with Stupid laws and go and marry..
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewww..

Na you do yourself..
If na Naija you pay only bride price and not wedding or court Marriage.. you won't suffer this nonsense..

Is better my so called wife is Cheating on me in nigeria than me taking her abroad to join me.. Never..

I would never take a woman abroad.. Never..
Let her remain in this country.. if she cheats too much.. I come back and marry a new fresh young girl.. after all I have the money..

Exactly! I know my profession pays higher in abroad but I rather base here in Nigeria and manage the average wealth I have and be in a position to not be wrecked by marriage.

Than go abroad, amass wealth and stand a chance of 90% being wrecked by marital disputes.

Don’t tell me I’m a bad husband and deserve it if I’m divorced, cus I know women who instigate it against good men just out of greed to possess his possession, and desire to come out again as single and LovePeddler about in advanced world.

My lady, we die here in Nigeria o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by 1874ma: 5:05am On May 07, 2022
[s]
post=112579792:

Oh, this explains it better.
We get your point now.

Some words are better left unsaid more like....
[/s]
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by shantti(m): 5:46am On May 07, 2022
Cousin9999:

And those are broken, ratchet homes. It's just a fact that kids benefit more from a proper, married household.

It's not about the food. It's about the love and care in it. It's about someone that makes sure you eat well, gets your favorite on your birthday, cooks you something soothing when you're sick, and takes over cooking when you're really tired.

Chose better and do better and maybe you won't have that problem.

It's a sign of poor mental health and education that you view intimacy and human beings in that way.

And intimacy problems in marriages are a result of laziness in looking after the relationship. They're also a result of ignorance where some people think their partner is a machine.

Again, choose better. Stop looking for slay queens, and find someone who's a good partner.

Some guys work very hard, and they need a breather before tackling household responsibilities. Women are no different. That's life. Even single people may do this. It is what it is.

But some guys are immature. They don't go home because they want to be single while married. And they want to have all the married benefits with none of the work. They may have married too soon.

Marriage isn't for everyone. However, an educated, well-adjusted person generally doesn't ask this question.

R u aware u made no point
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 5:53am On May 07, 2022
Richy1441:
Well said, You can get all these things outside marriage. But think of marriage as a sacrifice. Committing to someone, it's about someone else and your future. Think of the children you gonna have, they would love to wake up every morning and see a wall picture of mom and dad in their wedding dresses,they deserve that happiness.

You have a very good point bro!

One of the reasons I am doing it.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 5:58am On May 07, 2022
cococandy:
that OP will certainly not benefit from marriage. So no need for him to try

Well, I don't expect everyone to input wisely i.e all kinds of opinion(s) are allowed.
Many will input from the abundance of their hearts.

I know my decision on that even before coming up with this post, I only drop this here to know how people feel about it and also share ideas since this is a community(forumn).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by MadeMan01(m): 7:03am On May 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
Your write up is already tilted towards not getting married. You will not know the advantages in marriage until your old age

He asked for the benefits and not one woman has listed the benefits for him. Someone aid companionship - dogs are better companion to a man than a woman will ever be, the do not entertain stranger's unlike women who entertain stranger's and stay I touch with exes

Sex: cannot be a benefit as both parties benefit from it and it has become to cheap. Most girls have given their best years to guys in their teen to prime 15- 28. Some were live in lovers to guys in campus rendering wife duties with no marriage. Heaven knows how many kids were terminated. A man will now marry with millions what other boys got for suya, fried egg, malt, pizza and ice cream. It's a bad deal for a man. A man can hardly get virgin womb to plant his sperm so that his baby emanates from a pure vessel. That's how bad it is. Some guys re celebrating their first kid, but their wife know it is not their first and the are either hiding a baby with support of her family somewhere or had done abortion in past

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Enny2013(f): 7:38am On May 07, 2022
Marriage dis, marriage dat...
No one is even forcing anyone to get married fah.
I am happily married though!
No kwams
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Towncrier247: 7:57am On May 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

How do you know you will get old?

Tomorrow is not assured bro...

Your wife might die and leave you...

Now you get it...

That's not a wise answer, imagine someone saying don't invest for your future because of the possibility that you might not grow old.

You alone in this cold world...
Tryna be alone..
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ubebong(m): 8:18am On May 07, 2022
Just laughing.. You are taking your personal life questions to the social media... Meanwhile, let me shock you, most of the people condemning marriage here are married ..
Also, most of the bad advice here about marriage comes from their bitter experiences.
Am gonna ask you a question now: Are you going to draw your conclusions from Thier own bitter experiences? Or are you going to create your own world and live happily in it??

Leave this people , most of them cannot sleep one night without having their mumu button around ..

Marriage is sweet.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by frank950(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:
Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of the things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?
I m coming with full force!
Last Drop:

Either you all cooperate jejely or stay out of marriage.
I now found out most people here in support of the op are atheists & men running away from responsibilities.
All of you no get life. Especially those atheists. I dey watch you, Una dey watch me. We dey here. Una go see weeen!

Whenever the issue of marriage come up and people ask what's the benefit for a man...

You will surely see one person saying the man is "running away from responsibility' reinforcing exactly what the OP was saying.

Again do women even have any “exclusive" responsibility in marriage?

When a man pays rent, school fees feeding, utility, the next thing you will hear I that the lady will support him afterwards.... But I wonder what is left to be paid after this, and in this our age women actually work and earn same as man, when you tell them to contribute it is interpreted as the man running away from responsibilities, you don't want to lead...etc sometimes I really wonder what they do with the money they make, if they end up contributing anything, they will speak about it forever. Woe betides a man that losses his job and being fed by a woman!

When it comes to domestic work, Nannies are really doing more domestic work than some women in the home.

All in all finding a supportive partner, esp in Nigeria is herculean. They exist , but they are extremely few.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by frank950(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2022
Nazgul:
Marriage became useless to men because we abandoned our culture and tradition and embraced that of the Western world.

When you start sleeping with girls from the age of 16 and have a body count of close to 50 girls by the time you're 30, what usefulness do you expect to get from marriage? Truth is even you the man wouldn't value the marriage and would immediately resume your sexcapade after your honeymoon

The only way to restore decorum in African marriages is to embrace back our culture.

Pre marital sex must be seen as an abomination, those who practice it would be banished from their community.

Virginity test should be one of the requirements a girl must possess before marriage can take place, this will reduce promiscuity in girls.

A law should be passed that ràpists would earn in instant death sentence upon conviction. This would reduce promiscuity in guys cos no one would be willing to risk his life for a few minutes of pleasure.

Also there should be laws governing marriages that would make unfaithful partners risk jail term.

Once this measures can be put in place, I strongly believe that marriages would become as rosy as it was meant to be. And wouldn't be useless to both men and women.

So sex is the only tangible thing you feel men would gain in marriage. The ROI is low for all the responsibilities men take up in marriage abeg.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by lymelyte(m): 8:45am On May 07, 2022
MossLuv:

The reason you should marry is because of procreation and your wife is only person who will stand by you at your old age... Not even your children.
facts..children have thier own life to live

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2022
Ebubu2:

Exactly! I know my profession pays higher in abroad but I rather base here in Nigeria and manage the average wealth I have and be in a position to not be wrecked by marriage.

Than go abroad, amass wealth and stand a chance of 90% being wrecked by marital disputes.

Don’t tell me I’m a bad husband and deserve it if I’m divorced, cus I know women who instigate it against good men just out of greed to possess his possession, and desire to come out again as single and LovePeddler about in advanced world.

My lady, we die here in Nigeria o

We think alike but there is a little difference ..

If I have the opportunity to go abroad to earn more and better my career I would go and I would never take or bring my wife along..
She would remain in Nigeria with the kids.. if she likes let her sleep around in Nigeria.. I don't care..
If I like, I can come back to Nigeria and divorce her here and continue with my life.. Me wey be better womanizer.. I go dey Bleep upandan both in Nigeria and abroad..
She better secretly fuckkk her own in Nigeria when I am away,cos if she makes it obvious that she is sleeping around in nigeria.. I would divorce the fool, thank God our laws is not stupid like Oyibo own..

Bottom line is if I get opportunity I go Japa and I would never take my wife and kids with me.. Never..
She can leave of she wants..
With money I can always come back home anytime and marry another pretty tight pussy girl in the poverty capital of Africa..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Awesometouch1: 9:01am On May 07, 2022
Nazgul:
Marriage became useless to men because we abandoned our culture and tradition and embraced that of the Western world.

When you start sleeping with girls from the age of 16 and have a body count of close to 50 girls by the time you're 30, what usefulness do you expect to get from marriage? Truth is even you the man wouldn't value the marriage and would immediately resume your sexcapade after your honeymoon

The only way to restore decorum in African marriages is to embrace back our culture.

Pre marital sex must be seen as an abomination, those who practice it would be banished from their community.

Virginity test should be one of the requirements a girl must possess before marriage can take place, this will reduce promiscuity in girls.

A law should be passed that ràpists would earn in instant death sentence upon conviction. This would reduce promiscuity in guys cos no one would be willing to risk his life for a few minutes of pleasure.

Also there should be laws governing marriages that would make unfaithful partners risk jail term.

Once this measures can be put in place, I strongly believe that marriages would become as rosy as it was meant to be. And wouldn't be useless to both men and women.

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ebubu2: 9:02am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

We think alike but there is a little difference ..

If I have the opportunity to go abroad to earn more and better my career I would go and I would never take or bring my wife along..
She would remain in Nigeria with the kids.. if she likes let her sleep around in Nigeria.. I don't care..
If I like, I can come back to Nigeria and divorce her here and continue with my life.. Me wey be better womanizer.. I go dey Bleep upandan both in Nigeria and abroad..
She better secretly fuckkk her own in Nigeria when I am away,cos if she makes it obvious that she is sleeping around in nigeria.. I would divorce the fool, thank God our laws is not stupid like Oyibo own..

Bottom line is if I get opportunity I go Japa and I would never take my wife and kids with me.. Never..
She can leave of she wants..
With money I can always come back home anytime and marry another pretty tight pussy girl in the poverty capital of Africa..
Thank you very much.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by kunleab16: 9:26am On May 07, 2022
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by mecussey(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

LoL, C. Ronaldo and Mikel are married, na im dem dey call their girls BabyMamas OR girlfriends anytime them wan address them?

That is the language the world understands since a priest or a judge did not join them. Ask yourself, who joined Adam and Eve? That same person that joined Adam and Eve can join me and my babe.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by SheCeo(f): 11:09am On May 07, 2022
Nazgul:

I love you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Banbanna(m): 11:28am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

You v made valid points.
About atheists.
I get beef with them. If you are one, show face!

Babe, am not an atheist but a firm believer of the creator of all living things.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by JoeEeL(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2022
FuckDModz:

You will still marry a hoe

I already feel sorry for him
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Vamicz(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2022
Ezemeiyogu:
Nothing but I'm getting married anyway.

Life sef dey confuse me. Why come at all when it's certain we go still die, yet we do everything possible to live now just to die later. Isn't that more worrisome?
You just off me. Goodnight everyone.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by MossLuv: 10:45pm On May 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

How do you know you will get old...
Stop living in fantasy bro..
Be real.

It's everybody wish and prayer to live long and get old bro. Even if you don't wish so God can still keep you
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by MossLuv: 10:46pm On May 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

How do you know you will get old...
Stop living in fantasy bro..
Be real.

It's everybody wish and prayer to live long and get old bro. Even if you don't wish so God can still keep you... Unless you want to commit suicide
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nyascobar1414: 3:48am On May 08, 2022
MossLuv:

It's everybody wish and prayer to live long and get old bro. Even if you don't wish so God can still keep you... Unless you want to commit suicide

see this man... All the people praying to get old,are all of em old...??

Bro death is Inevitable..
2moro is not guaranteed.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by teeshet: 9:17am On May 08, 2022
truthCoder:

50 girls by 30?

I passed that number before graduating.

Sex was a reason to get married in the past.

Now, you can order sex online and get it delivered home by Uber.

Marriage is a scam perpetuated by womenfolk to keep men in lifetime bondage.

Once you enter marriage, you must pay. Even if you want to leave, you still must pay.

Marriage is worse off in the US. Alimony payments alone have wrecked many men.

Avoid marriage if you can.

by sleeping with prostitutes. Fool
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by truthCoder: 9:43am On May 08, 2022
teeshet:
by sleeping with prostitutes. Fool

No, with your mum and her sisters. They used the money to buy you baby food so you wont die from kwashiorkor.

When you get home, ask your mother who truthCoder is. She might remember me as ‘Chief Banger’

Have you graduated now? You have grown o.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by MossLuv: 9:51am On May 08, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

see this man... All the people praying to get old,are all of em old...??

Bro death is Inevitable..
2moro is not guaranteed.

Don't get it wrong. Yes death is inevitable but what if it (death) did not come until you get old... That's what am talking about
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by lebete3000: 2:19am On May 09, 2022
Funny thing is the way most people even try to deceive me into a relationship.

I always stylishly remove myself from it all.

As I dey so, na only peace of mind I need now. If e possible for me to not be sexually aroused till I've built my wealth and out of this country, I go really appreciate am...
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2022
BabaIbo:
Marriage they say is a beautiful thing but if you ask many men out there what marriage is to them or what marriage has brought to them or will they get married if they are given chances to rewind time, their responses will be in negative form or NO.

That same step(marriage) is the next step to be taken by me but I have one unanswered question. I am a young man in my 30s, currently free from any dating relationship and about to begin my search for a life partner, but I like being cleared/well-informed about something before going into it.

Pardon me for this long note I am about to dish out and the question I will be asking at the end.

For sometimes now, people around me have been telling me I am next in line to get married, some telling me to ensure I bring a responsible lady home and all that.
My mom do tell me she won't rush me to get married but as an observant person you will notice she really wants me to bring a woman(wife) home.

My dad told me sometimes ago that if I don't have a lady, that maybe they should search for a young good girl for me early next year.
My younger ones are expecting me to take that step so they can start planning on theirs and all that.

All these are for their own good or benefits, I am not saying they don't deserve it but I have been trying to get a tangible reason to get married i.e what is the SPECIAL thing(benefit) it will add to my life, I am the one getting married not them.
"Na me wan wear the shoe."

A bikeman, popularly known as Okadaman that do come to my place told me story about himself and big opportunities that marriage has made him miss.

In addition to his words and those I have heard from others, the fear of things going south, disappearance of peace of mind and all that are other factors.

Presumed(anticipated) benefits which are not as they are expected to be again are)

CHILDREN: Children can be gotten without marriage, for example: C. Ronaldo, Mikel, and others did that and they are doing well.

GOOD MEALS: Foods can be gotten from outside or prepared by the man or any other person that is not a wife for the man. Moreover, how many of them can cook well like our mothers? I'm a better cook than most ladies I have come across.

COMPANIONSHIP: That is an overstatement in our present society. It is even more noticeable in dating relationship than in some marriages these days.

SEX: That is the cheapest service/thing to get after air and water(clean water is even more expensive). Moreover many marriages are lacking sexually. It is worse if the man has high sex drive aka high libido.

SUPPORT: I don't want to go there because it is an open fact that instead of getting support, the man is being leached/milked of the one he has.

HOME: I can still remember how some married men will pack their cars at the junction, stay inside their cars for long before driving home, some go to the bar/relaxation centers to chill before going home, some don even like going home. You all know why?

With all these in mind, I want to ask this question that has been bothering me because I need to sort it before taking the step...

Now, my question is "WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE TO A MAN IN THIS OUR TIME?"

PS: I used this image because what marriage did to the man in the picture is in the open
what is your investment when you grow old?
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ArcToyin(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2022
Nazgul:

You have said well. The dirtiness we see in marriage is because there are too many options and no strictness policy regulating it. The ugly incidents has really defaced the creation, purpose and intent of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Thread For 2017 Brides And Grooms To Be / My Wife Hates My Step-Daughter. Please Help / Not The Marriage I Had In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.