Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? (28826 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ibfpleasant(m): 5:38pm On May 06, 2022
fikayormi:
Two good heads are better than one they say
but $ has one head nah.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by hermesprogidy(m): 5:38pm On May 06, 2022
okrikaboi:

MGTOW for life!
LoL.. I am no MGTOW. I just calling out an obvious elephant in the room. Marriage is highly overrated. grin
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by okrikaboi: 5:39pm On May 06, 2022
hermesprogidy:

LoL.. I am no MGTOW. I just calling out an obvious elephant in the room. Marriage is highly overrated. grin
MGTOW doesn't translate to being a monk right cuz me I like to but relationship and marriage is a no no
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by hermesprogidy(m): 5:51pm On May 06, 2022
okrikaboi:

MGTOW doesn't translate to being a monk right cuz me I like to but relationship and marriage is a no no
grin grin grin Talk about glorified burdens, look no further than those two.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nyascobar1414: 6:02pm On May 06, 2022
Gatekeepers:

You may know these celebrities in Europe;

Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson (40 yrs) in marriage

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson married in 1988 and are still together.

Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach married in 1981, about 40 yrs and still in marriage.

Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn married for over 37 yrs, still counting.

Brad Hall and Julia Louis-Dreyfus married in 1987, still together.

Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw (1991) till date

Sting and Trudie Styler (1992) and still together.

Obama's, TD Jakes etc......

In the midst of what you think is not working, there are thousands of examples of it working out there. The way you made your bed is the way you will lay on it.

These are people that got married in the 90's.... I mean ladies that were born in the 90's and 80's over there ain't getting married..
They are dying cos of loneliness and lack of attention...

If atall you have a friend overthere...
He/she will tell you whats happening in the west...

Since when this misandry and feminism shii started in the west..
Marriage rate dropped..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by phemmyfour: 6:10pm On May 06, 2022
BabaIbo:
Marriage they say is a beautiful thing but if you ask many men out there what marriage is to them or what marriage has brought to them or will they get married if they are given chances to rewind time, their responses will be in negative form or NO.

That same step(marriage) is the next step to be taken by me but I have one unanswered question. I am a young man in my 30s, currently free from any dating relationship and about to begin my search for a life partner, but I like being cleared/well-informed about something before going into it.

Pardon me for this long note I am about to dish out and the question I will be asking at the end.

For sometimes now, people around me have been telling me I am next in line to get married, some telling me to ensure I bring a responsible lady home and all that.
My mom do tell me she won't rush me to get married but as an observant person you will notice she really wants me to bring a woman(wife) home.

My dad told me sometimes ago that if I don't have a lady, that maybe they should search for a young good girl for me early next year.
My younger ones are expecting me to take that step so they can start planning on theirs and all that.

All these are for their own good or benefits, I am not saying they don't deserve it but I have been trying to get a tangible reason to get married i.e what is the SPECIAL thing(benefit) it will add to my life, I am the one getting married not them.
"Na me wan wear the shoe."

A bikeman, popularly known as Okadaman that do come to my place told me story about himself and big opportunities that marriage has made him miss.

In addition to his words and those I have heard from others, the fear of things going south, disappearance of peace of mind and all that are other factors.

Presumed(anticipated) benefits which are not as they are expected to be again are)

CHILDREN: Children can be gotten without marriage, for example: C. Ronaldo, Mikel, and others did that and they are doing well.

GOOD MEALS: Foods can be gotten from outside or prepared by the man or any other person that is not a wife for the man. Moreover, how many of them can cook well like our mothers? I'm a better cook than most ladies I have come across.

COMPANIONSHIP: That is an overstatement in our present society. It is even more noticeable in dating relationship than in some marriages these days.

SEX: That is the cheapest service/thing to get after air and water(clean water is even more expensive). Moreover many marriages are lacking sexually. It is worse if the man has high sex drive aka high libido.

SUPPORT: I don't want to go there because it is an open fact that instead of getting support, the man is being leached/milked of the one he has.

HOME: I can still remember how some married men will pack their cars at the junction, stay inside their cars for long before driving home, some go to the bar/relaxation centers to chill before going home, some don even like going home. You all know why?

With all these in mind, I want to ask this question that has been bothering me because I need to sort it before taking the step...

Now, my question is "WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE TO A MAN IN THIS OUR TIME?"

PS: I used this image because what marriage did to the man in the picture is in the open
Your write up is already tilted towards not getting married. You will not know the advantages in marriage until your old age
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by peggywebbs(f): 6:12pm On May 06, 2022
That's it..what do you mean by our present time? Has the meaning of love changed it's definition? Yes love like that exist? Unless you're saying love is out of this world.

We make choices and it's our choices that has led us to where we are. Love or marriage today has no meaning, no value. A marriage without love is doomed to fail.

To answer the question, I'll say what I said before, stop looking for benefits. Stop making finding a partner a mission. If it happens, it should happen naturally then you know if it is worth it. Marriage is not a project or a business venture.

BabaIbo:

Good, I like the angle you're coming from, but you failed to understand the question before answering it.... You missed the "IN OUR PRESENT TIME" in the question.
Now, ask yourself does the kind of love you stated in your response still exist.

Remember that kind of love is a sacrificial one OR let me say one with pain and not only enjoyment.

Both of us know a lot of people are complaining that the "for better for worse" part of the marriage vows should he removed, what does that tell you?

With all these in mind, one will be on the right course if he ask "what is in it for him..."
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by lereinter(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2022
Even apostle Paul said it's good for someone to remain single, but to avoid fornication let everyone have his/her own partner.

Just get a God fearing lady and resolve to have a kid or max two
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 6:17pm On May 06, 2022
peggywebbs:
That's it..what do you mean by our present time? Has the meaning of love changed it's definition? Yes love like that exist? Unless you're saying love is out of this world.

We make choices and it's our choices that has led us to where we are. Love or marriage today has no meaning, no value. A marriage without love is doomed to fail.

To answer the question, I'll say what I said before, stop looking for benefits. Stop making finding a partner a mission. If it happens, it should happen naturally then you know if it is worth it. Marriage is not a project or a business venture.

Well well, no need to drag(extend) the argument.

I like your points. Points taken and noted. I will see to that.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 6:19pm On May 06, 2022
lereinter:

Even apostle Paul said it's good for someone to remain single, but to avoid fornication let everyone have his/her own partner.

Just get a God fearing lady and resolve to have a kid or max two

OK noted, thanks for your input.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Pastorsmile: 6:42pm On May 06, 2022
Did I just see BENEFITS?
I thought it would have made a great question if it was asked the other way round.

Like "Mention 100 things men loose when they get married "
Back to your question, No single benefits sir.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by verticaimages: 6:57pm On May 06, 2022
Find 5 people with a good marriage and ask them that question.

Then ask 5 with bad marriages.

BabaIbo:
Marriage they say is a beautiful thing but if you ask many men out there what marriage is to them or what marriage has brought to them or will they get married if they are given chances to rewind time, their responses will be in negative form or NO.

That same step(marriage) is the next step to be taken by me but I have one unanswered question. I am a young man in my 30s, currently free from any dating relationship and about to begin my search for a life partner, but I like being cleared/well-informed about something before going into it.

Pardon me for this long note I am about to dish out and the question I will be asking at the end.

For sometimes now, people around me have been telling me I am next in line to get married, some telling me to ensure I bring a responsible lady home and all that.
My mom do tell me she won't rush me to get married but as an observant person you will notice she really wants me to bring a woman(wife) home.

My dad told me sometimes ago that if I don't have a lady, that maybe they should search for a young good girl for me early next year.
My younger ones are expecting me to take that step so they can start planning on theirs and all that.

All these are for their own good or benefits, I am not saying they don't deserve it but I have been trying to get a tangible reason to get married i.e what is the SPECIAL thing(benefit) it will add to my life, I am the one getting married not them.

A bikeman, popularly known as Okadaman that do come to my place told me story about himself and big opportunities that marriage has made him miss.

In addition to his words and those I have heard from others, the fear of things going south, disappearance of peace of mind and all that are other factors.

Presumed(anticipated) benefits which are not as they are expected to be again are)

CHILDREN: Children can be gotten without marriage, for example: C. Ronaldo, Mikel, and others did that and they are doing well.

GOOD MEALS: Foods can be gotten from outside or prepared by the man or any other person that is not a wife for the man. Moreover, how many of them can cook well like our mothers? I'm a better cook than most ladies I have come across.

COMPANIONSHIP: That is an overstatement in our present society. It is even more noticeable in dating relationship than in some marriages these days.

SEX: That is the cheapest service/thing to get after air and water(clean water is even more expensive). Moreover many marriages are lacking sexually. It is worse if the man has high sex drive aka high libido.

SUPPORT: I don't want to go there because it is an open fact that instead of getting support, the man is being leached/milked of the one he has.

HOME: I can still remember how some married men will pack their cars at the junction, stay inside their cars for long before driving home, some go to the bar/relaxation centers to chill before going home, some don even like going home. You all know why?

With all these in mind, I want to ask this question that has been bothering me because I need to sort it before taking the step...

Now, my question is "WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE TO A MAN IN THIS OUR TIME?"

PS: I used this image because what marriage did to the man in the picture is in the open
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by REALretep(m): 7:40pm On May 06, 2022
BabaIbo:

You need to patiently seek out happily married couples around you and ask the men these questions.
You may have been asking these questions to the wrong people.
There are lots of benefits that come with marrying the right person for the right reasons.
Please do not marry until you are convinced of the need to marry.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by achimendy(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of the things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?
I m coming with full force!
Last Drop:

Either you all cooperate jejely or stay out of marriage.
I now found out most people here in support of the op are atheists & men running away from responsibilities.
All of you no get life. Especially those atheists. I dey watch you, Una dey watch me. We dey here. Una go see weeen!

You're talking about value, how many married women of this time can instill morals and values in the life of their children, even when an outsider want to correct their kids for doing wrong they get offended and respond in a harsh manner. Take a look at that chrisland girl issue, it shows she lack good parenting, the mother even came to out side her daughter by saying she was raped. Whereas the girl was the one rolling ontop the boys dick.

So which values can we get from families of this era, when most of the couples don't even know why they got married, always in disagreement with each other in the presence of the children.
So dont criticise the guy irrationally, he has his own point too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by hatedisplace: 7:46pm On May 06, 2022
You will not see anything good about marriage until you clock 60.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:
Bro whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not get married! You will always regret it. I love my late dad, he was the best dad anyone could ask for but if I see him in the afterlife, I will ask him why he never told me the truth about marriage and advise me no to get married.

Love someone (with sense), have children, live together but never ever sign your life away. Finally do not let any woman you are with know everything about you.

The first thing that deteriorates after marriage is your sex life. I think its a psychological thing. Maybe the subconscious feeling that you've both got each other for 'life' messes with the brain.

I was married for 14 years. My ex-wife started a relationship with a work colleague and a month after using the police to kick me out of my house, the dude left his own family and moved into my house.

I was charged with several offences for an altercation I had with the guy when I caught him in my house. My ex-wife (we were still married at the time) the mother of my children came to the crown court to testify against me on his behalf. The jury saw through their lies and determination to send me to prison and acquited me on all charges (over 5)

Its been a few years but I still shudder at the thought that I believed so much in this woman and chose her over my own siblings.

Attached is msg I got from her this morning. This is despite her taking the house which I put
down 66% of the deposit. This woman earns almost double what I earn and I pay her over a quarter of my net earnings for child maintenance.

You'll probably still go ahead and get married but its almost guaranteed that one day in the future you will look back and wish you heeded the advice of many people who told you not to

I don't pity you at all..
How can you go to oyibo land with Stupid laws and go and marry..
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewww..

Na you do yourself..
If na Naija you pay only bride price and not wedding or court Marriage.. you won't suffer this nonsense..

Is better my so called wife is Cheating on me in nigeria than me taking her abroad to join me.. Never..

I would never take a woman abroad.. Never..
Let her remain in this country.. if she cheats too much.. I come back and marry a new fresh young girl.. after all I have the money..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Aaay: 9:06pm On May 06, 2022
Suffering offcourse
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ExcelDBM: 9:34pm On May 06, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

You see ashawo for swimming pool.. You still dey guess whether na lawyer be dat...

Why cant y'all decipher h.eos from normal females..

I'm just taunting her grin
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by harrend(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Your life is senseless. You can quote properly. Waste of money in education.
I just pray god help u to learn from this ur display of shallow mind.
At least this post can change ur life..
If it does anytime, don't forget to testify..
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Fantazy(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2022
Marriage is overrated in this present time!!
As for me, the only reason why I will want to get married someday is cos of children (Bleep other so called benefits). That is because I have vowed never to have children from different women i.e I want all my children to come from one woman.
If not, I will never dream of getting married.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Obastick: 10:00pm On May 06, 2022
Why not ask ur mum and dad? The negatives u mentioned abt marriage do see see them in ur mum and dad. Man up, boy!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 06, 2022
harrend:

I just pray god help u to learn from this ur display of shallow mind.
At least this post can change ur life..
If it does anytime, don't forget to testify..
Same to u.
You didn't see why I posted what you quoted. You just jumped into matter.
Mumuman!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by DBestDoc(f): 10:43pm On May 06, 2022
Fantazy:
Marriage is overrated in this present time!!
As for me, the only reason why I will want to get married someday is cos of children (Bleep other so called benefits). That is because I have vowed never to have children from different women i.e I want all my children to come from one woman.
If not, I will never dream of getting married.

This can still be achieved without getting married naw, you can have a baby Mama and complete your family size with her, simple.

Better remove hand from Marriage and let those of us that still believe in the sanctity of Marriage carry on oo.
Marriage is simply not for everyone.
Cheers
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by DBestDoc(f): 10:59pm On May 06, 2022
The ranting from supposedly grown men on this forum is becoming very very shameful.
I read comments here and i wonder the kind of life experiences some of you have had over the years that have broken ya’ll into thousands of irreparable pieces. I feel so much pity for you guys and i hope you can find some sort of succor from someone/something someday.
For real, i feel very bad that you’ve not had it good.

Back to the topic, marriage is actually not compulsory and not for everyone. If you think it’s useless, please steer clear and let those of us that strongly believe in it carry on.

It’s a case of ‘as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he’.
You can’t go into marriage with the mindset of failure and expect to succeed in it, Nah, it doesn’t work that way. DO NOT MARRY.
Kids can come without the entire marriage package, many women want same think and won’t mind really.
Enough of this display of stupidity here for goodness sakes.

Do not marry
Do not date
Ashawo houses full everywhere, make use of them and the option of homosexuality is now on the table.

All the best!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 06, 2022
BabaIbo:

Well said, You can get all these things outside marriage. But think of marriage as a sacrifice. Committing to someone, it's about someone else and your future. Think of the children you gonna have, they would love to wake up every morning and see a wall picture of mom and dad in their wedding dresses,they deserve that happiness.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Banbanna(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of the things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?
I m coming with full force!
Last Drop:

Either you all cooperate jejely or stay out of marriage.
I now found out most people here in support of the op are atheists & men running away from responsibilities.
All of you no get life. Especially those atheists. I dey watch you, Una dey watch me. We dey here. Una go see weeen!

What's atheism got to do with not wanting to get married? By this your logic, those celibate monks, nuns, Reverend fathers/mothers all do not believe in the existence of God all because they've made a lifetime vow of not wanting to get married. Which isn't the case.
Not as if am against marrying, but the social & economic events happening around us, is making most people of marriageable age to now see marriage as optional rather than a necessary thing. That Op is still undecided though and still has a whole life ahead of him to explore.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by shegz24(m): 11:29pm On May 06, 2022
To be sincere, I understand you.

I think the only benefit of marriage from a man's perspective is to have some one to grow old with.

However, even that is not guaranteed.

So bro, DO YOU!
DO NOT LET ANYONE TO DO WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT.

Dating/Sexual Relationship doesnt mean it must lead to marriage.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Timoleon(m): 11:54pm On May 06, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Was it not the same Eve that contributed greatly to the fall of man? What are you saying oga? angry
Think about this; on the first night, Adam being alone was able to sleep so peacefully that a rib was taken out of him and he didn’t know. But once he got a wife, he started having issues with his landlord. My guy begging hide inside bush las las landlord still pursue am commot for house.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 12:52am On May 07, 2022
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:05am On May 07, 2022
Banbanna:

What's atheism got to do with not wanting to get married? By this your logic, those celibate monks, nuns, Reverend fathers/mothers all do not believe in the existence of God all because they've made a lifetime vow of not wanting to get married. Which isn't the case.
Not as if am against marrying, but the social & economic events happening around us, is making most people of marriageable age to now see marriage as optional rather than a necessary thing. That Op is still undecided though and still has a whole life ahead of him to explore.
You v made valid points.
About atheists.
I get beef with them. If you are one, show face!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ExcelDBM: 1:16am On May 07, 2022
Timoleon:

Think about this; on the first night, Adam being alone was able to sleep so peacefully that a rib was taken out of him and he didn’t know. But once he got a wife, he started having issues with his landlord. My guy begging hide inside bush las las landlord still pursue am commot for house.

grin
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by bepositive11: 2:19am On May 07, 2022
I always say this. Marriage is not the problem, it's the people who are in it who are the problem

People who are happy and fulfilled with themselves and their own lives are the only ones who have happy and fulfilled marriages

BabaIbo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.