Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) (42719 Views)

Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Svoboda(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2022
Rising food cost is a global problem and not peculiar to Nigeria. Most governments are sitting on the edge and losing popular support as a result of inflation precipitated by covid 19 lockdowns and the russia/ukraine war. prospects are even slimmer as chinas big ciities are being locked down, slowing production. Fact is things might get worse before they get better.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by fadilaMaikiriki: 5:28pm On May 06, 2022
Please Nairalanders, patronise me for your clean and tasty crayfish. I sell in congos/mudu, and paint rubber. I also sell in bags too. Very affordable. Location; Ondo state. Delivery to other states is also available. Quote me if interested.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by CALEB1590(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2022
shogsman:
The news I get from home on this rising cost of living in extremely worse, the Money I used to send that last my people a month now doesn't last 2 weeks again,so it affects both parties living abroad and home. Instead of addressing this issue and holding our corrupt politicians who has refused to regulate this madness accountable we are focused of nazi Ukraine.
Infact things are more costly in naija compared to the west sef,cos I doubt $10 can feed someone for a day I Nigeria now
$10 na 5k here. E go feed a family of 3 in a day here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2022
Lol u want to come to Canada where egusi will cost you $150 for a pot? Careful what u wish for
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by tonididdy(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2022
Svoboda:
Rising food cost is a global problem and not peculiar to Nigeria. Most governments are sitting on the edge and losing popular support as a result of inflation precipitated by covid 19 lockdowns and the russia/ukraine war. prospects are even slimmer as chinas big ciities are being locked down, slowing production. Fact is things might get worse before they get better.

... By better, you mean things will return back to the prices they currently are now
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by tonididdy(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
1. Egusi- 800(2 milk cups) with pepper and crayfish
2. Assorted meat(don't eat flesh)- 1,500
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

I use to prepare same egusi soup with less than 2,500 a couple of years ago cry cry cry cry

Country is finished! Abeg who get sure link to Japa enter Canada should please DM me cry cry

Canada too far, even for Dubai you can't cook all of this for 30dirhams

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Olayiwola1425: 5:36pm On May 06, 2022
choicesam:
I have a sure link to Bahrain. DM if interested.

Bro please how can I get in touch with you . Can you give out your number or possibly I should give out mine USa number
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by choicesam(m): 5:44pm On May 06, 2022
Olayiwola1425:

Bro please how can I get in touch with you . Can you give out your number or possibly I should give out mine USa number
chat me on Whatsapp 08154735503
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by waice6571: 5:47pm On May 06, 2022
Olayiwola1425:

Please I'm in need of sure Link to any country I'm also jobless with a good grades

Gulf countries
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by od501: 5:53pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

I use to prepare same egusi soup with less than 2,500 a couple of years ago cry cry cry cry

Country is finished! Abeg who get sure link to Japa enter Canada should please DM me cry cry

We are getting there
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by ohyeman(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
I need more info please.
For more info message the hiring manager @via WhatsApp: =CV OR APPLY HERE ���
https:///message/CHLDSLYIDC6XE1
�����
https:///message/CHLDSLYIDC6XE1
���
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Gee64: 6:03pm On May 06, 2022
I remember Jimmy Cliff's music, "Suffering in the land".
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Babathanks(m): 6:06pm On May 06, 2022
abobote:

I don't think anyone will be worse than Buhari
I don't think anybody will be worst than buhai �
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Babathanks(m): 6:12pm On May 06, 2022
choicesam:
I have a sure link to Bahrain. DM if interested.
Please can I get your contact cos I need the link
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Dybala11(m): 6:21pm On May 06, 2022
SolomonGrundy:
So you dey use electric cooker take cook for this buhari era ehn undecided undecided
Oga na electric cooker sure pass these days o, you've got to cut down the frequency at which you use gas cooker. Right now, electric cooker all the way if there's electricity. grin

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by suicidesheep: 6:22pm On May 06, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

10, 20, or 30 years from now you will be laughing at most of the things giving you a headache today.
Be positive.

lipsrsealed

Must we wait all those years, why cant we laugh now

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Babanah: 6:26pm On May 06, 2022
Take heart my brother. After work I ordered take away from a popular Nigeria restaurant. Afang with assorted meat and pounded yam. Price £21 only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Limassol(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

10, 20, or 30 years from now you will be laughing at most of the things giving you a headache today.
Be positive.

lipsrsealed
Stop regurgitating whatever crap you see on the internet... 15 YRS down the line and some of the nightmares that bedevilled me then are no joke, and will never be one, infact, not on this earth. Am pretty sure alot of people can relate.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:31pm On May 06, 2022
madskills:
why your hot plate dey untop fridge, it will affect ur fridge oo
Really? shocked kitchen too small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:33pm On May 06, 2022
West2019:
Where you want go UK if yes you are deceving yourself . you are going nowhere . we all die here
I didn't voted for the calamitous government o

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:33pm On May 06, 2022
Mariangeles:
We're almost at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, we see light and not have to go through another long tunnel. smiley
I can see many other long tortuos tunnel lining up to replace this terrible tunnel

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by DaInferno(m): 6:33pm On May 06, 2022
tolumizzy:
Wahala.....but rice don dey cheap small small naw
where?

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:34pm On May 06, 2022
Uniquetani1:

You are rich o
You even get money buy assorted
: shocked

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:34pm On May 06, 2022
system21:

N200 stock fish? Na make em be say stock fish dey your soup
not a fan of stock fish just need to put am
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by madskills(m): 6:35pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
Really? shocked kitchen too small
Yup! Frdge functions by gvng out heat not absrbng heat na

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Topzee109: 6:36pm On May 06, 2022
SensualMan:
Take heart my brother. I hope u didn't shout Sai Barber?
Just make sure u guys don't elect PeePoo as president cum next year.

Look for the man with the magic wand to turn ur situation and economy around.
What about the Biafra you people are killing your self for
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:36pm On May 06, 2022
Blablamalala:

When ever I read comments like the bolded I understand that it is most likely made be one who have no idea what goes on in Europe, America and Asia.

Kindly tell me the truth. Were you still able to afford all that is up there with your income or someone brought them as a gift?
lol. I'm a working class man but salary is not improving

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by gaby(m): 6:37pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

This isn't just a Nigerian problem at the moment, the US, Canada, UK, and the EU aren't exempted even though Buhari had been and is still a disgrace to leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2022
bigcee:

I will finish that groundnut within two days grin

Two days too much fa. Na why I no dey buy am, cos I go just waste money wey no dey. I prefer buying as e dey hungry me
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:39pm On May 06, 2022
tragergeorge:

2 milkcups of egusi for egusi soup seem too much or maybe no b all you use
I used all. Want make the soup plenty grin
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by gaby(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2022
shogsman:
The news I get from home on this rising cost of living in extremely worse, the Money I used to send that last my people a month now doesn't last 2 weeks again,so it affects both parties living abroad and home. Instead of addressing this issue and holding our corrupt politicians who has refused to regulate this madness accountable we are focused of nazi Ukraine.
Infact things are more costly in naija compared to the west sef,cos I doubt $10 can feed someone for a day I Nigeria now

You forgot to tell them the almost 40% increase in cost of goods and services in the US as we speak.

**Modified

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! / Look At The Snake We Killed. / Exciting Recipes With Indomie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.