Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) (42711 Views)

Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:40pm On May 06, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Is flesh and muscle different part in cow meat cos I'm seeing red meat everywhere in that pot
no red meat there, shaki, liver, floater, heart, kpomo etc

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Yankee101: 6:41pm On May 06, 2022
Move to the north and stop suffering

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Impregnable101: 6:42pm On May 06, 2022
madskills:
Yup! Frdge functions by gvng out heat not absrbng heat na
Thanks. Will do something about it

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Limassol(m): 6:44pm On May 06, 2022
[quote auto=shogsmaost=112582680]The news I get from home on this rising cost of living in extremely worse, the Money I used to send that last my people a month now doesn't last 2 weeks again,so it affects both parties living abroad and home. Instead of addressing this issue and holding our corrupt politicians who has refused to regulate this madness accountable we are focused of nazi Ukraine.
Infact things are more costly in naija compared to the west sef,cos I doubt $10 can feed someone for a day I Nigeria now [/quote] The reason the goverment dosen't seem to care is because most civil servants earn jumbo pays and live in estates and GRAs, hence they are oblivious to the predicaments of the common man. Ordinary Nigerians on the other hand are deeply divided along ethnic and religious lines to unite for a common cause, not to mention severe poverty and the fact many are constitutionally ignorant. Nigerians are likely to gullibly vote an unfit president next year and the bumpy continues for another 8 Years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by OgideAgu: 6:45pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
I need more info please.

I have more information for seroius minded only
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:48pm On May 06, 2022
Gatekeepers:
In this season of hardship, you're gathering and combining all these Fish, Meat, Kpomo and others in one pot of soup. Then why are you complaining? Abi you want those who don't have half of those ingredients in their meal to go and die?

Fear God oooo....

Lol
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by mipeesoft(m): 6:51pm On May 06, 2022
Please tell us how to go about it, am interested
Impregnable101:
I need more info please.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by shogsman(m): 6:54pm On May 06, 2022
gaby:

You forgot to tell them the almost 40% inflation rate in the US as we speak.
Of course there is always people like you who think they know what's happening in the USA than people that actually lives there, the inflation rate here is less than 8% so don't talk about things you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by pacespot(m): 7:09pm On May 06, 2022
Everybody just dey add money on top their sales items to lessen the economic hardship on them.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by gaby(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2022
shogsman:
Of course there is always people like you who think they know what's happening in the USA than people that actually lives there, the inflation rate here is less than 8% so don't talk about things you don't know

Olodo...

See him mouth like "people that lives there". Ekpa

Where you dey live?

Continue in your delusion say na only you dey live for America.

For your mind we no get Television for Wakanda abi?

And you are right about the 8% inflation rate because I meant to write the percentage of increase in cost of goods and services and not the inflation rate in percentage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by choicesam(m): 7:41pm On May 06, 2022
Babathanks:

Please can I get your contact cos I need the link
chat me on Whatsapp 08154735503

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2022
Mariangeles:
We're almost at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, we see light and not have to go through another long tunnel. smiley
Amen

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
1. Egusi- 800(2 milk cups) with pepper and crayfish
2. Assorted meat(don't eat flesh)- 1,500
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

I use to prepare same egusi soup with less than 2,500 a couple of years ago cry cry cry cry

Country is finished! Abeg who get sure link to Japa enter Canada should please DM me cry cry

That hotplate will spoil that refrigerator. Get a wooden surface for it na.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Holuweryemmyc(f): 7:52pm On May 06, 2022
Please I need location of egg poultry in Osogbo or where I can get eggs in wholesale price

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by mrksquare: 8:08pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

I use to prepare same egusi soup with less than 2,500 a couple of years ago cry cry cry cry

Country is finished! Abeg who get sure link to Japa enter Canada should please DM me cry cry

I prepared a big pot of Afang soap with close to 7k last month and I started lamenting after I had to use a POS at the market to withdraw money to argument my expenses. Just last week I cooked a pot of egusi soup and I spent close to 5k. I am the type that can't eat soup without periwinkle, meat, Pomo and fish. Things are every expensive in the market. And is more expensive in Rivers state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 8:15pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
no red meat there, shaki, liver, floater, heart, kpomo etc

Ohhh .. well done. Pls share location too.. wink
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home. see indomie everywhere
I nor just like that meal at all

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:33pm On May 06, 2022
Kizyte:
Take heart bro! This homemade smoothie (Pineapple, Watermelon and Banana) cost me N2,700
A cup of Smoothies on the Island in Lagos go for between N4500 and N6000.
You are complaining undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Ahasco(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2022
shogsman:

Infact things are more costly in naija compared to the west sef,cos I doubt $10 can feed someone for a day I Nigeria now
Is like asking if ₦5000 can feed someone in a day. C'mon that's a lot of money to be spent by someone on food in a day hear in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Emdebby2: 9:03pm On May 06, 2022
And it keeps rising everyday. We will keep surviving.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by kabukabu50(m): 9:07pm On May 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Go UK, they need immigrants for serious work.

Sakpa dey tear dis guy anyhow.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 9:11pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

You are suffering from brain touch. I dey enter your eyes too much. Pluck out those eyes of misery
How can something wey dey bleed for 3 days enter my eyes? Not possible in this life and in d next life.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Adewale1603(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2022
Impregnable101:
3. Fish- 900
4. Kponmo- 300
5. Stock fish- 200
6. Ugu leaf- 100
7. Tomatoes- 100

I have the rest at home.

find a plywood or plank wood and put on top of that fridge, before placing the hot plate cooker on it

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 06, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

How can something wey dey bleed for 3 days enter my eyes? Not possible in this life and in d next life.
Eleribu. Ur mum n every girls in Ur relation dey do am. If women no do menses, you won't exist.
Funniest, you too ll want to v sex.
Scissors cut ya atoto dic k.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Bbbw: 9:26pm On May 06, 2022
Too much
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 9:34pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

Eleribu. Ur mum n every girls in Ur relation dey do am. If women no do menses, you won't exist.
Funniest, you too ll want to v sex.
Scissors cut ya atoto dic k.
Smelling pussy. Sex is weapon daughters of eve use against simps, I hv being telling u about d simps u move around with
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Kizyte(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

A cup of Smoothies on the Island in Lagos go for between N4500 and N6000.
You are complaining undecided
Hmmnn
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Kenog4real(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2022
This is 700 naira. I no get choice.

Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 06, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Smelling pussy. Sex is weapon daughters of eve use against simps, I hv being telling u about d simps u move around with
Lol. You are a simp. I ll gladly use your destiny.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by kelviniro(m): 10:21pm On May 06, 2022
I see tomatoes � on the list, na tomato soup you wan cook �
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 10:37pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

Eyaaaa,
Re: Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 10:39pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

smelly hole dripping blood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! / Look At The Snake We Killed. / Gari And Mango, Is It Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.