Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car (46719 Views)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by ogtavia(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2022
How much did they really raise? Probably at that time, owning a car had more comparative advantage to building a house. Building a house from start to finish will cost more and take longer while owing a car in the immediate will ease their transportation burden. The husband might have considered all that before taking thar decision, except they had a car before and the man selfishly decided to buy another one in addition or replacement.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Mikester: 4:31pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

She should sell the land and she will use the money to buy another land in her name then build it gradually

That's how they make some women labour in vain and use the money to flex

When the time is running out he will now come to his senses

Divorce advocate.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
He is a man, you don't judge him.

Heaven knows what sort of man you will end up becoming. Stop being a male chauvinist p!g
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by uptownemmygee(m): 4:40pm On May 08, 2022
The man nah weyrey buruku
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 4:44pm On May 08, 2022
Mikester:

Divorce advocate.

What's my business, is better to divorce that to be in a painful marriage
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 4:45pm On May 08, 2022
prophetfire:
. The way you are giving your own "advice" under the influence of bitterness and violent tendencies, you will end up creating more problems for the person.
You don't need to be confrontational here unless you have decided that you want the marriage to scatter.

With her husband attitude towards the family savings, is that one not an issue already
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 4:46pm On May 08, 2022
tbambam:

Now it's confirmed that you are dumb. Did he insult you? I doubt if you have a man in your life. Get well soon

What's the big deal about having a man

Those that have a useless man like you, will they consider you to be a man

3 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 4:47pm On May 08, 2022
tbambam:

Hanty don't be spontaneous with your reasoning, you are drive by emotions which is typical for most ladies .. call down and think.. All you are saying isn't possible..

I won't blame her for divorcing him cos he must has seen accumulated pointed that the man has no foresight..

This is why it's important to marry someone you can reason with and with aligned dream

Is not my business that she divorced the man

My business is him using the money saved for another thing
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Mikester: 4:54pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

What's my business, is better to divorce that to be in a painful marriage

It is always wise to know when and what to advise in various situations especially when we don't live in the same household with nor personally know the people specified.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by tbambam: 4:55pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

What's the big deal about having a man

Those that have a useless man like you, will they consider you to be a man

No wonder, I have wonderful women in my life and I know stupid ones without no father when they speak.. Maybe your dad is lucky not to raise you.. Enjoy your misandrism, you will live to regret it..

Between how old are you?
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by tbambam: 4:57pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

Is not my business that she divorced the man

My business is him using the money saved for another thing

Get yourself a relationship or a home, and maybe you won't stress yourself on how others run theirs.. do you have parents?
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by ABBEYsammy01(m): 5:05pm On May 08, 2022
How much was the car he bought with the money?
What if he bought the car for transportation business so that they can through the car raise money to build the house?
you can't build house with 1m, unless you want to start the building and wait for another 5 years to raise another money to complete it.
The man might have good reason for buying that car, but the wife don't want to reason with him because she believed that she know more than him.
Some women no get patient at all...
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by prophetfire: 5:09pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

With her husband attitude towards the family savings, is that one not an issue already
. It's an issue but how to approach it is what we are talking about.
I would advise the lady to stop saving money with him. Save hers alone and do what she deems right for the family with it.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2022
jossytech:
Alot of you guys will destroyed alot of women I bought car in rented apartment b4 I build house coz it's needed in my biz if woman left me for that reason na her loss coz I'll build surely. Sadly alot of you don't ask which car, which type, does he needed to flourish his biz, you're all thinking backwards condemning d man and praising d woman. Nairaland, keep advising women toward d path of destruction

The big problem is that some of you don’t read at all. Read the OP again.
There is nothing wrong with buying a car before building a house. Certainly there are many situations where it is preferred to defer house building or purchase until later.
The real issue here is that husband and wife decided to build a house. Husband and wife saved money together to raise money for the house building. Then the husband took the cash and bought a car without securing his wife’s agreement. That is the crux of the matter.

In your own scenario you’re painting here, did you raise money along with any woman? Did you people agree on what to use the money for?

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by okuta007: 5:16pm On May 08, 2022
2elliot:
Thank you brother. The man that just finished my brother's house project told me this. He said that the first thing he did after saving some money was to buy a very nice car. His wife thought that he was foolish for doing that. But alas, they now have two houses, two cars and a big supermarket for the wife. What did he do? Instead of jumping keke and bikes to meet up with clients, he bought that very nice ride. That lifted his status up to the level of those big men and women. He easily attracts big clients who are willing to pay huge without much pricing unlike before when he was looked down like a pauper. So, buying a car is not a liability entirely if one is smart.
Class perception is everything in Nigeria. You must act and look rich to attract the top class. Nobody gives a Bleep about his house if he chose to build it the moment he leaves the house to a function or business meeting. Na the kind car wey him drive come matters and he will be treated that way.

you nailed it- depends on what you do for a living - a nice car may upgrade your earnings!

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by 2elliot: 5:19pm On May 08, 2022
okuta007:

you nailed it- depends on what you do for a living - a nice car may upgrade your earnings!
Yeah. True.

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Tayorshd2(m): 5:33pm On May 08, 2022
The woman really understood life better than the husband but divorce shouldn't be the solution though...
;Dthe man will be like I don hammer cheesy
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by egopersonified(f): 5:38pm On May 08, 2022
The world is changing, what applied in our parents generation doesn't apply now. For a family of at least 3, going in the same direction, aka, school, work and business, owning a sound car is far cheaper than public transportation.

Secondly, our generation wants to live life and save for the future. Not just investing like our parents and waiting for retirement to enjoy life.

Thirdly, the cost of that car probably won't complete a house.

The only bad thing here is, he should have convinced the wife on the advantages of owning a car rather than just buying it
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by ajerimitan: 5:51pm On May 08, 2022
That family has sacrificed too much for a car. Its not worth the extreme price paid. They could easily buy more houses and cars in the future but look at what has happened now. The family must be struggling financially for such extreme measure to be taken about a car. The man as the head can do better than that.
1Sharon:

I don't agree with her leaving her hubby over a car, but if a husband left his wife becusee she bought a car with the family funds, will you still assume she knows what she's doing?
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by AlexJustin(m): 5:52pm On May 08, 2022
The woman is wiser than the man. Cat is an a liability while house is an asset.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by ajerimitan: 6:14pm On May 08, 2022
texazzpete:

The big problem is that some of you don’t read at all. Read the OP again.
There is nothing wrong with buying a car before building a house. Certainly there are many situations where it is preferred to defer house building or purchase until later.
The real issue here is that husband and wife decided to build a house. Husband and wife saved money together to raise money for the house building. Then the husband took the cash and bought a car without securing his wife’s agreement. That is the crux of the matter.

In your own scenario you’re painting here, did you raise money along with any woman? Did you people agree on what to use the money for?

Mature minds can always reach an equilibrium and submit to superior arguments. As much as it is good to stick to a good plan, but many a time plans have to bend, turn or change completely. The cost to benefit ratio I guess was not properly looked into. Both of them were wrong but I supposed the man should know better than letting the situation go over board.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by texazzpete(m): 6:18pm On May 08, 2022
ajerimitan:
Mature minds can always reach an equilibrium and submit to superior arguments. As much as it is good to stick to a good plan, but many a time plans have to bend, turn or change completely. The cost to benefit ratio I guess was not properly looked into. Both of them were wrong but I supposed the man should know better than letting the situation go over board.

If you ask me, the whole divorce thing seems like a ‘last straw’ kind of thing. Most likely the marriage was already on shaky grounds and this was the one that broke the camel’s back.

Like you said, it should have been a joint decision.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Bbbw: 6:43pm On May 08, 2022
Good
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by JovialJune(f): 7:17pm On May 08, 2022
efetony110:
I happened to witness a similar case. The man use money which both him and his wife contributed together to buy a car. He mostly spends his money on car repairs while neglecting his family needs. The woman went ahead to buy her own land and build house. The man packed in with her.

God will not let me be in this kind of position, amen

What a useless man angry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by haslaw(m): 7:22pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

You are a criminal for detecting one

E pain am grin grin grin
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 7:38pm On May 08, 2022
prophetfire:
. It's an issue but how to approach it is what we are talking about.
I would advise the lady to stop saving money with him. Save hers alone and do what she deems right for the family with it.

Exactly ❗,
That's what I mean by build in secret

Good advice anyway
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by frozen70(f): 7:40pm On May 08, 2022
tbambam:

Get yourself a relationship or a home, and maybe you won't stress yourself on how others run theirs.. do you have parents?

Mr relationship status shouldn't be your concern
Advice yourself
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Prettygirl200(f): 8:06pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
He is a man, you don't judge him.
Really Then don't judge the woman. Make the equation balanced.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by VictorUSA(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Really Then don't judge the woman. Make the equation balanced.
Woman is a woman, she doesn't deserve any justice.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by bizhop01: 8:09pm On May 08, 2022
After 3 years you will hate your private car, only if it's still available,
Meaning cars is not assets expecially private one.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Prettygirl200(f): 8:53pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
Woman is a woman, she doesn't deserve any justice.
U don't have sense!!!!!
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by VictorUSA(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2022
Prettygirl200:
U don't have sense!!!!!
If any1 said u could say dis to me, i would fight him.But as u understand my vibes and still decide to say this, my humble apologies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Buys His Mother A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos) / Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children / Zimbabwean Man Forces His Wife To Watch Him Have Sex With Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.